Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I want to convert to Islam but have few questions

hey there my friends,
    i am <snap> from India, i am 17 and i belong to
    Brahmin Caste. i started to learning abput Islam when i was 15 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young (child) i used to think that
    Muslims are not good guys (fear?) and i also
    hated Muslims (unlike other muslims, mejority of Indian muslims dont pay much attention to cleaning n stuff) but after reaching age 15 i started to learn
    about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my native religion is just Mass 33million+ gods and i hate Idol worshiping, (i don't know why but i just hate it.) and i also started to accept that there is only 1
    supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i love history so i
    know most of Islamic History (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) so i saw doc. of Islam on YT few days ago and after reserching Islam for 2.5 years now i am fully sure and accepted that there is not god but god/allah/el elaha(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is slave and messenger of Allah. i am ready to become
    muslim but i have some question. please answer

1) can a Indian who's from Brahmin caste convert to Islam ?

2) if yes, i don't want to change my current name to Arabic it is okay ?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is okay ?

4) my parents are liberal hindus but sometime
    they force me to worship Idol, what should i do when they force me ? also, i am just 17 can i hide this fact that i am now muslim from my Parents and
    other family members ?

5) how born muslims view converts ?

6) i need to know how can i convert to Islam can u guys help me ? (i want to convert to sunni Islam)

7) it is true that Arabs are racist against Indians ?

sorry for too many questions, i hope you will
    answer my question.
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Re: I want to convert to Islam but have few questions

I am man of my words I decided that before sunrise I will take my decision, its 1 am in India and I only have 6 hours. please help me brothers and sisters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

also my city have less then 1% Muslins so you guys are my only source of Answer.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

1, yes. Anyone regardless of their racial background can convert to Islam.
    2. Depends on the name you have. If your name is idolatrous you have to change it. For example if your name was Ganesh. If not you can keep your current name
    3. Five daily prayers are compulsory. Allah doesn't burden a soul with more than they can bear so know you can handle this
    4. Under no circumstances can you worship idols. You're just going to have to deal with any trouble they give you for refusing. May Allah help you
    6. All you have to do is believe in your heart and say with your tounge the following. Ash hadu anla illaha illalahu we ash hadu Anna muhamadan abduhu wa rasuluh. this means I need witness that there is no god but Allah and I bear witness that muhamed is his slave and messenger. You say this and you become our brother in Islam.. I advise you to say this without delay as no one knows when the angel of death will come.
    7. Maybe some but Islamic teachings are completely against such ignorance
    Hope this helps
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16456 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by New 1 View Post
    hey there my friends,
    i am <snap> from India, i am 17 and i belong to
    Brahmin Caste. i started to learning abput Islam when i was 15 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young (child) i used to think that
    Muslims are not good guys (fear?) and i also
    hated Muslims (unlike other muslims, mejority of Indian muslims dont pay much attention to cleaning n stuff) but after reaching age 15 i started to learn
    about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my native religion is just Mass 33million+ gods and i hate Idol worshiping, (i don't know why but i just hate it.) and i also started to accept that there is only 1
    supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i love history so i
    know most of Islamic History (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) so i saw doc. of Islam on YT few days ago and after reserching Islam for 2.5 years now i am fully sure and accepted that there is not god but god/allah/el elaha(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is slave and messenger of Allah. i am ready to become
    muslim but i have some question. please answer

1) can a Indian who's from Brahmin caste convert to Islam ?

It is obligatory for every single human being to believe in Islam, Islam is for everyone, not just some specific race(s).

2) if yes, i don't want to change my current name to Arabic it is okay ?

You don't have to, but it's better to do so.
    However certain names, you must change.

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is okay ?

No, praying 5 times is obligatory no matter what. You have to adjust your lifestyle. It is very easy, trust me.

4) my parents are liberal hindus but sometime
    they force me to worship Idol, what should i do when they force me ? also, i am just 17 can i hide this fact that i am now muslim from my Parents and
    other family members ?

You should ask someone knowledgable about this one (a scholar).

5) how born muslims view converts ?

Very well.

6) i need to know how can i convert to Islam can u guys help me ? (i want to convert to sunni Islam)

You have to say the say the shahada. You can find out how to do so on Google, if you need help ask here.

I don't think so, but bad apples exist everywhere. However this question has no relevancy to Islam; the behavior of Arabs has nothing to do with Islam.

sorry for too many questions, i hope you will
    answer my question.
    Peace
    Not many at all, and please do convert to Islam. It'll the defining moment of your life.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I don't known why but I sounded like a punk, sorry guys and yes after reading your answers I am ready to accept Islam, and about praying 5 times a day I can manage it.

thank you for your support. Allahhu Akbar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

actually my name is dev and in Sanskrit it means God nothing else, can I keep it ?

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

I don't known why but I sounded like a punk, sorry guys and yes after reading your answers I am ready to accept Islam, and about praying 5 times a day I can manage it.

thank you for your support. Allahhu Akbar
    Welcome to Islam congratulations
    May Allah bless you through it
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

May Allah swt enlighten, strengthen and bless you for the effort you put in looking for the truth by using your heart and your inetellect and may he guide you towards his light, towards the best of knowledge and may he protect you from the evil in this world.
    Im used to call myself a convert aswell and I want to tell you that when you have Allah swt in your heart, your life will change drasticlly and with each day, you will understand more and more how much and what Allah has blessed you with and how thankfull we should be.
    When you strive towards fulfilling your obligations towards your rabb, you will see how your blessings will increase
    Welcome to the truth my beloved brother

Just one more thing, the prayer is very very important my brother.. the prayer is your weapon, your armor against evil thoughts and deeds. When you dont pray, you make yourself vulnerable in many ways, so please try to learn and understand the prayer as fast as possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I am not sure about this, but by nature I would say it is wrong to call anyone "God" besides God himself. You yourself said that you hate idolism and by calling anything or anyone besides God God, you make room for exactly that. Shirk is the worst of sins so I would definitly try to ask someone who has more knowledge on this since it is an important matter.

And Allah knows best.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you have run the extra mile and went on to study about Islam.

There is one pro about having hindu parents, it won't be too difficult eating with them as hindus are vegetarians(am I right?) so you wont be eating non halal meat(or meat at all).

Would you tell them you converted? How would they react? Why not have a little ambigous chat like asking them what would they do if you converted to another religion or what they think of Islam? You never know, they could convert to Islam too!

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

Bro!; welcome!

go to a mosque near you bro; just make sure it is not a shia mosque and it is a sunni mosque, and they'll teach you everything and make u say shahada

welcome to Islam. MaashALlah Allah chose you out of billions to save u!

Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

Allahu Akbar!
    Welcome to Islam! I suppose you have said the 'shahadah'?
    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahiG View Post
    Bro!; welcome!

go to a mosque near you bro; just make sure it is not a shia mosque and it is a sunni mosque, and they'll teach you everything and make u say shahada

welcome to Islam. MaashALlah Allah chose you out of billions to save u!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

Odan
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1521 Post(s)

Just want to share a beautiful hadith of our prophet on this.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood."

This hadith is part of the farewell sermon given by our beloved prophet on farewell hajj.
    actually my name is dev and in Sanskrit it means God nothing else, can I keep it ?
    No, you can't. You can change it to devdas, which in arabic is 'Abdullah' which is one of the most beloved name to Allah.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2580 Post(s)

Alhamdulillah, you rejected and denounced shirk, and those false gods inspired by shaytaan that do nothing.

May Allah keep you guided and steadfast on deen.Ameen. And may Allah guide your parents. Ameen.
    La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
    (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
    Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16456 Post(s)

I think you will have to change it.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    297 Post(s)

subhanallah welcome brother may allah guide your family to islam also through you inshaallah ameen. start of by telling them about the hindu vedhas that prophesise the coming of Muhammad pbuh and mention him by name in the vedhas
    and also that the hindu vedhas say that you should not create images of god and that there is only one god. then introduce them to islam and the quran.

wasalaam
    Last edited by cloud9; 19-01-16 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    297 Post(s)

p.s I forgot to mention one thing and that is to show your family a clip in Sanskrit on youtube called the prophet Muhammad in the hindu and Sikh scriptures

I tried to post the link to you but it would not work for some reason but if you type in the above you should get the clip.

wasalaam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

hey, so umm... I accepted Islam couple of days ago and I am quite happy with my new life. and unlike other Subcontinent Muslims I successfully merged Islam with native culture and heritage (I will write in detail later)

thank you for all your support and may Allah bless you.

LA ilaha ilala Muhammad rasool Allah.

allahu Akbar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

duplicate

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)

hey, so umm... I accepted Islam couple of days ago and I am quite happy with my new life. and unlike other Subcontinent Muslims I successfully merged Islam with native culture and heritage (I will write in detail later)

allahu Akbar
    Assalaamu Alaykum,

Congratulations on becoming Muslim! I'm glad that things seem to be going well for you with your conversion. If you have any more questions you can just post them.

May Allah bless you, Ameen.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1154 Post(s)

allahu Akbar
    Alhumdulilah brother. i'm from India too, born Muslim though. Would you please explain how you merged it soon. It would be useful as we could tell you if your getting involved in and bidah and prevent you from. In India also there is a lot of saint worship try to avoid mosques that do this. It is shirk and is like Hinduism. Listen to some Sheiks like Meraj Rabbani, etc. They speak in Hindi/Urdu.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1524 Post(s)

allahu Akbar
    Subhan'Allah! This is WONDERFUL. We are here for you, brother. We always will be.
    “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

allahu Akbar
    Welcome bro

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

SubhanAllah, what a beautiful opportunity of inviting someone to Islam and I missed it. May Allah bless the one who was guided with even more guidance and may Allah bless all those who helped the brother come to Islam.

If you have any other questions, I would be humbled to help inshaAllah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    297 Post(s)

welcome brother i hope we can help you.

ايم مجرد رجل بين المسلمين RaadIsaCreature's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    welcome brother i hope we can help you.
    thank you. i was away for 100+ days because of studies now i am back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaG View Post
    Subhan'Allah! This is WONDERFUL. We are here for you, brother. We always will be.
    I know that's why i returned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Welcome bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimBro17 View Post
    SubhanAllah, what a beautiful opportunity of inviting someone to Islam and I missed it. May Allah bless the one who was guided with even more guidance and may Allah bless all those who helped the brother come to Islam.

If you have any other questions, I would be humbled to help inshaAllah.
    thank you brother

Odan
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1521 Post(s)

Have you changed your name yet?

Also can you give any suggestions about how can I give dawah to Hindus? I know quite a few...

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhshawon View Post

Also can you give any suggestions about how can I give dawah to Hindus? I know quite a few...
    Well you could be nice to them. A lot of them are irreligious though so I don't think they will take Islam seriously anyway.

i have a hindu maths teacher who talks about Islam and Prophet(S) quite a lot(more than even muslim teachers).He seems to respect the prophet(S) a lot although he stopped short of practicing Islam. I didn't ask why though.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

allahu Akbar
    Salamwalaykum,

good to hear your story. So did you tell your parents? Might not be a good idea though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

yeah.

sadly, you can't. we have to choose Islam on our own.

problem with hindus that /is we/they started to worship saints as god long time ago. and now from last thousands of years they worship every living creature as god. even rats ! (google rat temple in India) my ancestor's religion died and now we have this pesdo Vedic-Puranic-Darvidian-religion named as Hinduism.

Odan
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1521 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    Well you could be nice to them. A lot of them are irreligious though so I don't think they will take Islam seriously anyway.

i have a hindu maths teacher who talks about Islam and Prophet(S) quite a lot(more than even muslim teachers).He seems to respect the prophet(S) a lot although he stopped short of practicing Islam. I didn't ask why though.
    Not much surprising though...even Abu Talib never accepted Islam even though he knew Muhammad was a true prophet and helped him throughout his time in Makkah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

yeah.

problem with hindus that /is we/they started to worship saints as god long time ago. and now from last thousands of years they worship every living creature as god. even rats ! (google rat temple in India) my ancestor's religion died and now we have this pesdo Vedic-Puranic-Darvidian-religion named as Hinduism.
    yes i read about the rat temple.

they have other strange temples as well. When buddhists were promoting celibacy, the hindus responded by making the Khujaraho temple. When I first read about that i was like....whoa what did i just read.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Not much surprising though...even Abu Talib never accepted Islam even though he knew Muhammad was a true prophet and helped him throughout his time in Makkah.
    but i think he considers it to be true, he just doesn't practice. I don't know if he took the shahada.....maybe I will ask him if i get 90+ in maths.

Odan
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1521 Post(s)

yeah.

MashaAllah, do let us know your new name.

Yeah I know they worship a lot of things(more than 3 million gods as I heard). In my brief knowledge of vedic scriptures, there seem to be many contradictions in basic things. For example in some place it condemns idol worship and in other places it allows it.