Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

Lightbulb Challenge: Memorize an Another Surah

:
    I'm trying to learn different surahs, I should have learned these surahs already, but haven't repeatedly memorized it enough to keep it in my long term memory..So I'm challenging myself to learn the surah within 2 weeks, you should also challenge yourself to learn different surahs or surahs that you don't know by now.

One of the surahs I want to learn Surah Al Humazah, it has a flow that helps me to remember it, my mom tried teaching me this surah too so I should finish memorizing it, before I used to play a surah in the background or read online to memorize it but it's not very effective since my focus is on other places so I'm just gonna do it the old fashioned way by write down the Arabic transliteration of the Surah on a paper and repeat it daily till i memorize it.

I plan on learning more surahs, I should know atleast the last 14 surahs they are very short but still I don't know all of them..and there are people who is younger than me who already memorized the Qur'an so I need to motivate myself to atleast learn more of the Qur'an.

Also another thing that helps is to learn the meanings of the surah and you should know what you're saying in salah , also hear a recitation to help you pronounce correctly
    http://quran.com/104 so for Surah Humazah I just have to memorize these ayahs...

Waylun likulli humazatin lumaza
    Allathee jamaAAa malanwaAAaddadah
    Yahsabu anna malahu akhladah
    Kalla layunbathanna fee alhutama
    Wama adraka ma alhutama
    Naru Allahi almooqada
    Allatee tattaliAAu AAalaal-af-ida
    lnnaha AAalayhim mu/sada
    Fee AAamadin mumaddada

Anyways if you are also memorizing a surah, update your progress
    “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
    They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Re: Challenge: Memorize an Another Surah

Quote Originally Posted by Qiyamah View Post
    :
    I'm trying to learn different surahs, I should have learned these surahs already, but haven't repeatedly memorized it enough to keep it in my long term memory..So I'm challenging myself to learn the surah within 2 weeks, you should also challenge yourself to learn different surahs or surahs that you don't know by now.

One of the surahs I want to learn Surah Al Humazah, it has a flow that helps me to remember it, my mom tried teaching me this surah too so I should finish memorizing it, before I used to play a surah in the background or read online to memorize it but it's not very effective since my focus is on other places so I'm just gonna do it the old fashioned way by write down the Arabic transliteration of the Surah on a paper and repeat it daily till i memorize it.

I plan on learning more surahs, I should know atleast the last 14 surahs they are very short but still I don't know all of them..and there are people who is younger than me who already memorized the Qur'an so I need to motivate myself to atleast learn more of the Qur'an.

Also another thing that helps is to learn the meanings of the surah and you should know what you're saying in salah , also hear a recitation to help you pronounce correctly
    http://quran.com/104 so for Surah Humazah I just have to memorize these ayahs...

Waylun likulli humazatin lumaza
    Allathee jamaAAa malanwaAAaddadah
    Yahsabu anna malahu akhladah
    Kalla layunbathanna fee alhutama
    Wama adraka ma alhutama
    Naru Allahi almooqada
    Allatee tattaliAAu AAalaal-af-ida
    lnnaha AAalayhim mu/sada
    Fee AAamadin mumaddada

Anyways if you are also memorizing a surah, update your progress

Thanks for this reminder, . I also need to memorise suwar. How is your progress coming along? Mine needs a lot of work.
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3