Ads by Muslim Ad Network

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

perished nations series muhammed al shareef

asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu
    these lectures are longer than the vids i usually post but seeing as these are brilliant i thought id share
    the first vid is about the people of ad, i will upload the others in the series here later inshaallah
    highly recomend a watch

It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Re: perished nations series muhammed al shareef

It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Don't be intimidated by the length these are really enjoyable

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Don't be intimidated by the length these are really enjoyable
    Salaam

the longer the better ! i know this speaker and i like the topic ... jzk Allah khayr for sharing
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    Salaam

the longer the better ! i know this speaker and i like the topic ... jzk Allah khayr for sharing
    Wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu
    Wa iyaak bro

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7581 Post(s)

thanks

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

bump

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

@Kiro

you mentioned being after lectures, these ones alhamdulilah are really interesting

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

@drberks

this is one of my favorite speakers, i havent listened to him in a while coz ive pretty much gone through all his stuff on youtube
    i think you will really enjoy these inshaAllah khair

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)

@drberks

this is one of my favorite speakers, i havent listened to him in a while coz ive pretty much gone through all his stuff on youtube
    i think you will really enjoy these inshaAllah khair
    Great! I turned down a night out as it involved lots of colleagues and lots of alcohol so I have an Islamic book and a lecture to keep me busy, thank you.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)

This speaker is excellent - I'm on the second teaching where the people killed the mummy camel and the baby camel went to the top of the mountain to cry out.

I was particularly taken with how he explains how a whole nation can be killed by Allah (swt) for not speaking out against public acts of sin. Even though none other than nine people killed the camel, well one did I think, but they all were destroyed.

It's compelling.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drberks View Post
    This speaker is excellent - I'm on the second teaching where the people killed the mummy camel and the baby camel went to the top of the mountain to cry out.

I was particularly taken with how he explains how a whole nation can be killed by Allah (swt) for not speaking out against public acts of sin. Even though none other than nine people killed the camel, well one did I think, but they all were destroyed.

It's compelling.
    compelling but i also found these very scary
    These nations of the past were destroyed by Allah for specific sins but if you look at todays world it seems it has combined all those sins and is almost trying to rival the destroyed nations in arrogance and wrongdoing
    If you tip petrol on some wood and set on fire, what happens? you get a blaze
    now if you do the same thing twenty years ago will you get the same result?
    how about a thousand years

Todays world is commiting the same sins as previous nations then moans about natural disasters floods and tsunamis
    what do they expect

Allah in his mercy is giving us opportunities to change and turn back to him
    but for how long?

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)

compelling but i also found these very scary
    These nations of the past were destroyed by Allah for specific sins but if you look at todays world it seems it has combined all those sins and is almost trying to rival the destroyed nations in arrogance and wrongdoing
    If you tip petrol on some wood and set on fire, what happens? you get a blaze
    now if you do the same thing twenty years ago will you get the same result?
    how about a thousand years

Todays world is commiting the same sins as previous nations then moans about natural disasters floods and tsunamis
    what do they expect

Allah in his mercy is giving us opportunities to change and turn back to him
    but for how long?
    Hmm...I tend to view natural disasters as just that, natural.

It's an interesting point though, why an entire nation hasn't been wiped out for thousands of years when it was something that has happened in the past.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Hmm...I tend to view natural disasters as just that, natural.

It's an interesting point though, why an entire nation hasn't been wiped out for thousands of years when it was something that has happened in the past.
    In Islam we believe in qadr or divine decree, that both good and bad have been decreed by Allah. In fact it is a pillar of faith to believe in qadr.
    Not a single leaf can fall without his permission so what about "natural" disasters that effect thousands of people
    Now these aren't necessarily a punishment they could be a test or a means of raising the righteous in status but they are definitely from Allah
    As for why a nation hasn't been destroyed in recent times perhaps that is a question @Darul Ilm can answer next time he logs on

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)

In Islam we believe in qadr or divine decree, that both good and bad have been decreed by Allah. In fact it is a pillar of faith to believe in qadr.
    Not a single leaf can fall without his permission so what about "natural" disasters that effect thousands of people
    Now these aren't necessarily a punishment they could be a test or a means of raising the righteous in status but they are definitely from Allah
    As for why a nation hasn't been destroyed in recent times perhaps that is a question @Darul Ilm can answer next time he logs on
    I do believe that overall, that not a single thing happens outside of the will of God but I don't believe it in a direct sense but more of an overall way as in God is responsible for the overall big picture but doesn't micromanage every cold and sneeze.

So as a for instance, God made our bodies to function beautifully and sometimes.yes we mess them up and make ourselves sick. God has given us everything we need for life and Godliness, but we often mess us personally, nationally and globally.

Is this ok to believe now I've explained it or is it incorrect?

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

I do believe that overall, that not a single thing happens outside of the will of God but I don't believe it in a direct sense but more of an overall way as in God is responsible for the overall big picture but doesn't micromanage every cold and sneeze.

So as a for instance, God made our bodies to function beautifully and sometimes.yes we mess them up and make ourselves sick. God has given us everything we need for life and Godliness, but we often mess us personally, nationally and globally.

Is this ok to believe now I've explained it or is it incorrect?
    Islamically this is incorrect. Small or big everything that occurs has been decreed by Allah. Not only was every cold and sneeze decreed by Allah but he had this decree (and the decree concerning all things) written down 50,000 years before the creation of the heavens and the earth

It is very easy to go astray discussing qadr last you affirm something about Allah that is incorrect or deny something that is true so I'm reluctant to go much further on this but I will link you an article discussing qadr by Islamic scholars

https://islamqa.info/en/49004

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)

Islamically this is incorrect. Small or big everything that occurs has been decreed by Allah. Not only was every cold and sneeze decreed by Allah but he had this decree (and the decree concerning all things) written down 50,000 years before the creation of the heavens and the earth

It is very easy to go astray discussing qadr last you affirm something about Allah that is incorrect or deny something that is true so I'm reluctant to go much further on this but I will link you an article discussing qadr by Islamic scholars

https://islamqa.info/en/49004
    Thank you for the info.

Doesn't that mean then that everyone is daily asking themselves why they slipped off the curb and a whole host of builders laughed at them, why their car broke down and they met a man who rescued them and they unwisely fell in love or why the robber broke in and killed their family?

If you didn't wonder about those things then the lessons of God would be wasted surely? But in one day so many things happen to you, it would consume all your time just to seek the answers as to why all the minutia happens to you in life.....surely?

That's illogical.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Thank you for the info.

Doesn't that mean then that everyone is daily asking themselves why they slipped off the curb and a whole host of builders laughed at them, why their car broke down and they met a man who rescued them and they unwisely fell in love or why the robber broke in and killed their family?

If you didn't wonder about those things then the lessons of God would be wasted surely? But in one day so many things happen to you, it would consume all your time just to seek the answers as to why all the minutia happens to you in life.....surely?

That's illogical.
    Even if you tried to seek the answer behind why things happen you wouldnt be able to know for certain anyway as revelation has ceased. It is enough to know however that there is wisdom behind what ever occurs even if you may not know exactly what it is
    take a common cold. Seems minor and insignificant but for every hardship that befalls a muslim even if it the prick of a thorn, he (or she) loses sins
    Allahu alim (Allah knows best) if that muslim did not suffer that cold then those sins could be destruction for them on the day of judgement, so there could be a huge benefit from something so small

i find the Islamic stance on qadr comforting, that whatever happens in my life has been destined by the Most Merciful and that there is wisdom behind what he decrees
    sometimes i dont see the wisdom untill years later, sometimes i might not find out untill the day of judgement, sometimes i might never know but the wisdom is there
    I trust and hope for his mercy in what he decrees for me

sorry for late reply, had a busy day

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

@Layla_

Needs a bump anyway

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)

Subhanallah. half way through the first one and its very interesting jazakallah khayr

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Bump