Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Does a husband have the right over his wife to make her have a baby?

Asalamu Aleikum, somewhere on the forum I read that in some case a man was refusing his wife a child but I was wondering if a husband could force his wife to become pregnant. If it is the right of a wife to have a baby, is it considered a man's choice aswell although ultimately the woman will be carrying the baby for months upon months and she will be the once to force it out of her body? Thank you.

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Re: Does a husband have the right over his wife to make her have a baby?

This is part of questions which, should be asked before entering to marriage.
    When having children? How many? etc. So, it doesn't come surprise to other party, In sha'Allah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    yes

I thought it is her body and she have the right to have a bay or not. He have no say in the matter. She also have the right to abort the child without his consent.

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A500DaBest View Post
    I thought it is her body and she have the right to have a bay or not. He have no say in the matter. She also have the right to abort the child without his consent.
    But, she isn't by herself in the marriage. Both parties have right to have children, that's one of the reasons why people get married.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

its a decision that both spouses should make

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avenue1 View Post
    its a decision that both spouses should make

Then who have the final say in the matter? What if there is a constant disagreement? Should a man sacrifice his feeling and need to make a peaceful marriage would that mean the wife will have the final say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Then who have the final say in the matter?
    its something that they both must discuss and make a decision together, theres no i in we

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avenue1 View Post
    its something that they both must discuss and make a decision together, theres no i in we
    But eventually a conclusion need to be made. So one have to convince the other to pull into their decision making or else it is a draw. Whether it goes to the right or left eventually one person have the final successful decision making in making the other join him/her in that direction.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

I thought I had read that the Islamic stance was you shouldn't deny your spouse the right of children ie if the wife wants a child husband has to accept, if husband wants wife has to accept. After all isn't contraceptive ruling that it shouldn't be a long term thing as one of the purposes of marriage is to procreate and you shouldn't not have children through fear of poverty? Obviously you cannot force the act itself but I thought having children was a right of everyone.

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

Cool story.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Then who have the final say in the matter? What if there is a constant disagreement? Should a man sacrifice his feeling and need to make a peaceful marriage would that mean the wife will have the final say?
    They can have a baby, if there is a disagreement they can come to a compromise or divorce. It's not rocket science.

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow' View Post
    They can have a baby, if there is a disagreement they can come to a compromise or divorce. It's not rocket science.
    Couples should make these kind of huge decision way before, not when baby is coming.

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

What kind of stupid men would do that? Fear allah for the pain he might cause his wife, for all he knows he might end up being infertile & never have kids. I hate when couples get divorce because they want kids so badly. How do they know the new husband/wife will help them have baby? Why not adopt or foster a kid that needs the love and support & let nature and Allah take care of blessing you with a kid.

Babies can't be ordered or created at will. Its not same as ordering the wife to make biryani. She has nothing to do with it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    What kind of stupid men would do that? Fear allah for the pain he might cause his wife, for all he knows he might end up being infertile & never have kids. I hate when couples get divorce because they want kids so badly. How do they know the new husband/wife will help them have baby? Why not adopt or foster a kid that needs the love and support & let nature and Allah take care of blessing you with a kid.

Babies can't be ordered or created at will. Its not same as ordering the wife to make biryani. She has nothing to do with it
    But isn't the whole point of marriage to have children?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Some might not be mentally ready to bear a child but still had to marry for another reasons.

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Why would you think that? I don't know if you are being sarcastic BUT NO, the purpose of human existence is not to procreate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Why would you think that? I don't know if you are being sarcastic BUT NO, the purpose of human existence is not to procreate.
    Hello. I was not being sarcastic. By the way I wasn't talking about human existence but rather the institution of marriage. I think you need to calm down just a little if you don't mind me saying.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

to be fair to the brother one of the purposes of marriage IS to procreate. The Ummah would be at an end if no one had children. That's why the ruling on contraceptives is not to use long term and only to space out pregnancies.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Just to back up my understanding surrounding having children inshaAllah. Happy to be corrected if these quotes aren't correct as we all are constantly learning Alhamdulillah.

https://islamqa.info/en/13492

Taken from the above link.

"Praise be to Allaah. *

Abu Dawood (2050) narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yasaar said: A man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “I have found a woman who is of good lineage and is beautiful, but she does not children. Should I marry her?” He said, “No.” Then he came again with the same question and he told him not to marry her. Then he came a third time with the same question and he said: “Marry those who are loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers before the other nations.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 1784.*"

https://islamqa.info/en/231777

Taken from the above link-

"Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:*
    Taking contraceptive measures is permissible in principle, because the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) used the method of ‘azl (coitus interruptus) during the time of the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and he did not forbid them to do that. But it is contrary to what is preferable, because having a lot of children is something that is prescribed and is desirable.*
    End quote from Fataawa Noor ‘ala ad-Darb by al-‘Uthaymeen (22/2)
    On our website we have previously stated that it is encouraged to have a lot of righteous children, in fatwa no. 13492.*
    So you may rest assured that if you and your wife decide to delay having children, as you mentioned in your question, that is not regarded as a sin or disobedience in principle, unless there are other considerations that have an impact on this individual or personal choice, which may be dictated by present-day circumstances:*
    Firstly:*
    If the decision to delay having children is widespread, at the societal, national or ummah-wide level, then in this case it becomes a destructive and negative choice, and in that case the ruling is that it is not allowed, because it has moved from being a permissible and natural matter to one that is imposed from without and will lead to negative consequences, and is therefore blameworthy.*
    See: 119955*
    Secondly:*
    If the motive for delaying having children is fear for their provision and livelihood, then this reflects a serious doubt concerning our belief in the will and decree of Allah and our belief in the abundant provision of Allah and that He will help those who strive to earn a living in the land. It reflects an unjustified fear of the future and a failure to produce and strive. In that case it is blameworthy and is not allowed, and there are clear fatwas that speak of it.*
    This issue has been covered in fatwas no. 10033 and 127170*
    Thirdly:*
    If the reason for not having children is arguments and conflict between the spouses, where one of them does not want children and the other one does, then the one who is refusing does not have the right to do so, because having children is a right of both spouses, and it is not permissible for one of them to refuse with no excuse or good reason.
    This issue has been covered in fatwa no. 190396*

Fourthly:*
    If the motive for delaying having children, or ceasing to do so, is to follow the cultural norms of non-Muslims and imitate them blindly, out of admiration for their culture and infatuation with their way of life, then undoubtedly the ruling in this case is that it is not allowed. One of the great principles of Islamic teaching is that the individual Muslim should be independent in his thinking and think within the framework of Islamic teaching; he should weigh up pros and cons objectively in the light of the circumstances that he lives in, and base his decisions on the Islamic principles in which he believes and with which he grew up, far removed from the illusionary psychological influences that are imposed by the media that represents the corporate powers that exist today, and should free himself from feelings of inferiority in the face of what he sees of the attitudes, customs and actions of the disbelieving nations.*
    Fifthly:*
    If the means of delaying having children is medicine or surgical procedures that will prevent having children altogether (sterilisation), so that the woman or her husband will lose the ability to ever have children, then this is a serious transgression and is ingratitude for the blessing of Allah that He has bestowed upon His slaves, and it is destruction of a great blessing that Allah has instilled and created in them on the basis of great wisdom.*
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade such things. This is the case concerning which there is no difference of opinion among the scholars that it is prohibited, for it is the undermining of one of the most important aims of sharee‘ah and a blatant violation of one of the five necessities that Islam came to protect, which are: religious commitment, life, honour, wealth, and offspring."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

We live in such a bizarre age that questions which the people before never even registered in their mind are being asked today.

Children are provided to you by Allah, the wife or husband have no say in this matter, how many do we see today struggling to conceive for years lining up desperately in fertility clinics at massive rates now? especially after initially using oral contraceptives?

If a question like this even comes up, it's a strong indication you should bolt straight away, your dealing with a vile irreligious ungrateful being.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    Asalamu Aleikum, somewhere on the forum I read that in some case a man was refusing his wife a child but I was wondering if a husband could force his wife to become pregnant. If it is the right of a wife to have a baby, is it considered a man's choice aswell although ultimately the woman will be carrying the baby for months upon months and she will be the once to force it out of her body? Thank you.
    Basically what your saying is, is he allowed to have intimate relationship with his wife, answer is yes,

Both spouses have rights upon each other, and this is one of them,

Neither has any right to negelct the others rights.

When someone becomes pregnant or not is by Allah عز و جل permission, husband has every right, so this thread is redundant.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud21 View Post
    We live in such a bizarre age that questions which the people before never even registered in their mind are being asked today.

Children are provided to you by Allah, the wife or husband have no say in this matter, how many do we see today struggling to conceive for years lining up desperately in fertility clinics at massive rates now? especially after initially using oral contraceptives?

If a question like this even comes up, it's a strong indication you should bolt straight away, your dealing with a vile irreligious ungrateful being.
    The ops question implies Does the wife have a right to refuse the husband's right

Absurd question

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Basically what your saying is, is he allowed to have intimate relationship with his wife, answer is yes,

Both spouses have rights upon each other, and this is one of them,

Neither has any right to negelct the others rights.

When someone becomes pregnant or not is by Allah عز و جل permission, husband has every right, so this thread is redundant.
    This thread was created in 2015

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)

Ok.

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

wow for real, I just noticed that

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Yeah, and I wish people would stop bumping it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Same lol