Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talibilm.. Reasons why the Comforter cannot be Mohammed

1 ~ The Comforter would come in the life time of Jesus' disciples.. in fact before they depart Jerusalem see Acts 1:4-5, John 16:7 ........ Mohammed was born long after the Comforter must have come, i.e. 500+ years later.

2 ~ The Comforter is not a physical being and can't be seen ordinarily see John 14:17 ....... Mohammed was a physical being and ordinarily visible.

3 ~ The Comforter would come from Heaven directly from God see John 15:26..... Mohammed with all due respect, was ordinarily born in this World to parents; grew up ordinarily, became an employed trader etc before he eventually became the Prophet of Islam.

4 ~ The Comforter, according to Jesus himself, was the Holy Spirit which his disciples Knew because he (the Spirit) was with them and was going to dwell in their mind see John 14:17......... Mohammed never lived with Jesus' disciples and he was a physical being who did not dwell in the mind.

5 ~ The Comforter would be with Jesus' disciples and, of course the subsequent faithful for ever see John 14:16 .........Mohammed died long ago and has a tomb.

6 ~ As Jesus promised, the Comforter came to the disciples before they departed Jerusalem see Acts 2:3-4...... Like I said earlier, Mohammed came a distant 6 generations later, and is there any evidence that Mohammed was in Jerusalem at Pentecost?

7 ~ Jesus said the Comforter would bring to their remembrance His teachings. In preparation for their mission to take the Gospel of Jesus to all peoples.... Mohammed never heard Jesus teach so would have been unable to assist the disciples in this way. Besides Mohammed brought a message that was diametrically opposed to the mission of Jesus.

So in conclusion.. The Comforter Jesus promised is the Holy Spirit.. Whom proceeded from God and was sent by Jesus..

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

Re: Talibilm.. Reasons why the Comforter cannot be Mohammed

Hi, Arbed you are shrewd enough to start a thread challenging on the Comforter issue when you know am VERY Busy my mind involved in travel, house moving etc , but Inshallah i will prove my stance as my time permits to check your quotes as, then and then one by one

Quote Originally Posted by Arbed View Post
    1 ~ The Comforter would come in the life time of Jesus' disciples

Your VERY first POINT IS 100 % WRONG see the next verse you quoted yourselves https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-8&version=CJB

John 16:7-8

''7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I don’t go away, the comforting Counselor will not come to you. However, if I do go, I will send him to you
    8 “When he comes, he will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment —

Who showed the world is wrong about sin ? its ONLY our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) because you took Shirk or triune concept, wine, swine usury, barring divorcee marriage as permitted and not as sins

. in fact before they depart Jerusalem see Acts 1:4-5,

Acts 1 :4-5 deals with with the founding of the Christian church after Jesus's vanishing and the spread of its message to the Roman empire which happened after Jesus's so called crucifixtion which was just a ' fiction'' It never Mentioned the word '' Comforter '' ''Counselor'' or '' Advocate'' or '' Spirit of Truth'' and to wiki Chapter Acts was by anonymous author and not Jesus, see wiki below http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_the_Apostles

.'Acts is the second half of a two-part work, referred to as Luke-Acts, by the same anonymous author, referred to as Luke the Evangelist, and usually dated to around 80-90 CE.[2][3] ''

So where are you carried away my dear when we are talking about '''''' THE COMFORTER '''' explicitly which was mentioned in Chapter John 14, 16 etc at the last supper or that Jesus ( Alive ) told him selves directly to his disciples before Jesus's so called ' cruci'fiction' .Shows you are VERY DESPERATE to prove somehow where even with completely unrelated verses which only Kills my limited precious time searching through your books

John 16:7 ........ Mohammed was born long after the Comforter must have come, i.e. 500+ years later.
    Of course this what the verse john 16:7 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...23&version=CJB says that the Comforter will come later and not when Jesus is alive and in another verse of John 14:18
    '' I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you. ''

also refers to a long time after Jesus during his second coming and '' coming to you '' does not mean coming to the disciples who were alive then but dead now But to all the followers of Jesus later near the day of Judgement.

2 ~ The Comforter is not a physical being and can't be seen ordinarily see John 14:17 ....... Mohammed was a physical being and ordinarily visible.
    The next part of your John 14:17 says the disciples are seeing the comforter who is living with them So W,hy did you '' HIDE'' or did not mention the very next part of the same verse , Dear ? which gives YOU the answer OR REFUTES your Claim see my bolded red

''16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever.''

So this 16 verse talks about Jesus who is the ' COMFORTER '' HIMSELVES already there present with the disciples .Proof : see the word by Jesus '' LIKE ME " like Jesus in Flesh Live and alive not any Holy spirit ( except the verse john 14:26 which is a self contradicting to all other comforter verses of John )

17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you.

18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you.

Here in verse 17 Jesus will be united during his second coming and in verse 18 it says Jesus will not leave the Christians as Orphan ie orphan of true knowledge and he is COMING TO YOU does not refer the disciples who are already to dead but to all Chrisitians before the day of Judgement and also refer to https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...23&version=CJB
    that Jesus will get angry in his second coming because you people did not believe the Comforter who show what was Sin ? as in your verse

John 16:8 “When he comes, he will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment —

So
    3 ~ The Comforter would come from Heaven directly from God see John 15:26..... Mohammed with all due respect, was ordinarily born in this World to parents; grew up ordinarily, became an employed trader etc before he eventually became the Prophet of Islam.

4 ~ The Comforter, according to Jesus himself, was the Holy Spirit which his disciples Knew because he (the Spirit) was with them and was going to dwell in their mind see John 14:17......... Mohammed never lived with Jesus' disciples and he was a physical being who did not dwell in the mind.

5 ~ The Comforter would be with Jesus' disciples and, of course the subsequent faithful for ever see John 14:16 .........Mohammed died long ago and has a tomb.

6 ~ As Jesus promised, the Comforter came to the disciples before they departed Jerusalem see Acts 2:3-4...... Like I said earlier, Mohammed came a distant 6 generations later, and is there any evidence that Mohammed was in Jerusalem at Pentecost?

7 ~ Jesus said the Comforter would bring to their remembrance His teachings. In preparation for their mission to take the Gospel of Jesus to all peoples.... Mohammed never heard Jesus teach so would have been unable to assist the disciples in this way. Besides Mohammed brought a message that was diametrically opposed to the mission of Jesus.

So in conclusion.. The Comforter Jesus promised is the Holy Spirit.. Whom proceeded from God and was sent by Jesus..
    rest in next

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=talibilm09;6391813]Hi, Arbed you are shrewd enough to start a thread challenging on the Comforter issue when you know am VERY Busy my mind involved in travel, house moving etc , but Inshallah i will prove my stance as my time permits to check your quotes as, then and then one by one

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    [

Your VERY first POINT IS 100 % WRONG see the next verse you quoted yourselves https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-8&version=CJB

''7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I don’t go away, the comforting Counselor will not come to you. However, if I do go, I will send him to you
    8 “When he comes, he will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment —

Acts 1 :4-5 deals with with the founding of the Christian church after Jesus's vanishing and the spread of its message to the Roman empire which happened after Jesus's so called crucifixtion which was just a ' fiction'' It never Mentioned the word '' Comforter '' ''Counselor'' or '' Advocate'' or '' Spirit of Truth'' and to wiki Chapter Acts was by anonymous author and not Jesus, see wiki below http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_the_Apostles

.'Acts is the second half of a two-part work, referred to as Luke-Acts, by the same anonymous author, referred to as Luke the Evangelist, and usually dated to around 80-90 CE.[2][3] ''

Of course this what the verse john 16:7 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...23&version=CJB says that the Comforter will come later and not when Jesus is alive and in another verse of John 14:18

also refers to a long time after Jesus during his second coming and '' coming to you '' does not mean coming to the disciples who were alive then but dead now But to all the followers of Jesus later near the day of Judgement.

The next part of your John 14:17 says the disciples are seeing the comforter who is living with them So W,hy did you '' HIDE'' or did not mention the very next part of the same verse , Dear ? which gives YOU the answer OR REFUTES your Claim see my bolded red

''16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever.''

So this 16 verse talks about Jesus who is the ' COMFORTER '' HIMSELVES already there present with the disciples .Proof : see the word by Jesus '' LIKE ME " like Jesus in Flesh Live and alive not any Holy spirit ( except the verse john 14:26 which is a self contradicting to all other comforter verses of John )

17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you.

Here in verse 17 Jesus will be united during his second coming and in verse 18 it says Jesus will not leave the Christians as Orphan ie orphan of true knowledge and he is COMING TO YOU does not refer the disciples who are already to dead but to all Chrisitians before the day of Judgement and also refer to https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...23&version=CJB
    that Jesus will get angry in his second coming because you people did not believe the Comforter who show what was Sin ? as in your verse

John 16:8 “When he comes, he will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment —

rest in next
    Let's look mopre closely at context. ESV John14 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”[c] 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me[e] anything in my name, I will do it.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

Jesus says here that the comforter and Spirit of truth will be in us. Muhammad is not in us; he wasn't in the disciples of Jesus either. I don't see where you see like me, but even if he said that, he said counselor like me; he didn't say physical appearance like me. Jesus means he'd be in us as the word of God; to send us his spirit he had to be with God.
    To say the Holy Spirit or Spirit of truth is Muhammad is blasphemous to us Christians. Muhammad was never in spirit form. The Spirit of truth glorifies Jesus in us. That is his sole purpose; Muhammad doesn't glorify Jesus in me. In fact, he diminishes him to a lesser creation than himself in the eyes of Muslims. Christians don't see Jesus as creation; we see him as the Creator, because it is written that all things were made by him and for him. Nice try.. You are back to square one

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talibil, I don't get your point....

You said...

Odan**********Join Date*Male

Hi, Arbed you are shrewd enough to start a thread challenging on the Comforter issue when you know am VERY Busy my mind involved in travel, house moving etc , but Inshallah i will prove my stance as my time permits to check your quotes as, then and then one by one

*Originally Posted by*Arbed*

1 ~ The Comforter would come*in the life time of Jesus'*disciples

Your VERY first POINT IS 100 % WRONG see the next verse you quoted yourselveshttps://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-8&version=CJB

John 16:7-8*

''7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for*if I don’t go away, the comforting Counselor will not come to you*However, if I do go, I will send him to you

Who showed the world is wrong about sin ?*its ONLY our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) because you took Shirk or triune concept, wine, swine usury, barring divorcee marriage as permitted and not as sins*

You answered everything EXCEPT his first point Tal,
    Jesus said the Comforter would come to the disciples.
    PLEASE ADDRESS THAT.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talibilm... I'm not a clairvoyant!!!! I don't know if you're busy or not.. Travelling or moving house or whatever else is taking up your valuable time. There is no compulsion for you to reply and no pressure regards time.

Who showed the world is wrong about sin ? its ONLY our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) because you took Shirk or triune concept, wine, swine usury, barring divorcee marriage as permitted and not as sins
    Right.. Okey dokey.. Jesus is saying He has to go in order to send the Comforter TO YOU.. Who is Jesus talking to here? It's the disciples. So as Jesus identifies the comforter as the Holy Spirit in John 14:17.. Why should I believe your account? That Jesus sent Mohammed as the comforter 600 years later! Not much use to the disciples then as they would have been long dead to the world. But not before they'd been teaching the Gospel of Jesus to anyone who would listen.. So who did they receive this promised guidance from if not the comforter.. Aka The Holy Spirit.

If you think Shirk.. Wine.. Swine..usury..etc etc are sins not known to the world before Mohammed came you're way off the mark.. Although shirk and drinking of wine are only sins according to Islam. Not heard the term shirk mentioned in the Bible.. Seeing as Jews and Christians worship ONE God and don't associate partners to Him that's not applicable.. And wine is not forbidden in the Bible..... Being drunk is. Whichever way you cut it.. You would have me believe that Jesus waited 600 years leaving His disciples without the promised guidance and mankind adrift in sin. It's not logical. What is logical is that Jesus lived up to His promise, sent the comforter Holy Spirit.. Which the disciples received at Pentecost, thus preparing them for the Mission Jesus had assigned them.

You're not saying much here... And totally missing the point.

So where are you carried away my dear when we are talking about '''''' THE COMFORTER '''' explicitly which was mentioned in Chapter John 14, 16 etc at the last supper or that Jesus ( Alive ) told him selves directly to his disciples before Jesus's so called ' cruci'fiction' .Shows you are VERY DESPERATE to prove somehow where even with completely unrelated verses which only Kills my limited precious time searching through your books
    I think you're getting carried away here.. They're not unrelated. What do you think the Church was founded on!!! Second thoughts don't answer that.. Life is too short and you are busy.

Think on... Yep.. The comforter will come ... AFTER JESUS EARTHLY DEATH... But the reason Jesus sent the comforter was to bring to remembrance all things Jesus had taught them. Why? To spread His Gospel to the world.. It has nothing to do with the second coming.. Where Jesus will judge those who did not heed the Gospels.

Living IN them.. It's known as "indwelling" of the Spirit.. Means they "know" the comforter.. Because it is as ONE with Jesus spiritually. LIKE ME... Not a person who looks like.. Not flesh .. But alike in Spirit and joined in purpose.. Which is to spread the Word of God. FOREVER.. Feel free to explain how Mohammed was IN the disciples and was with them FOREVER..

The world cannot receive him.. Pardon me.. But was Mohammed not received and acknowledged in the world? As a man?

This has nothing to do with the second coming... I'm amazed at your reasoning and I've never heard the like of it before..!! Thing is for Christians .. We know Jesus never left us.. he lives in each and every one of us who accept Him in truth. I can imagine for the first followers of Jesus.. Many who did not fully understand what they had had in Him but we're bereft by their loss of Him. The Comforter.. Holy Spirit brought understanding through the gospels the disciples told of the revealed Christ.. The Spirit works in each of us to bring that seed of understanding which grows to enlightenment as we come to accept Jesus into our lives.

that is truth... And you would do well to heed it.

rest in next
    No rush.. Take your time. We all have episodes when demands on our time are great.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quadratus1 View Post

You answered everything EXCEPT his first point Tal,
    Jesus said the Comforter would come to the disciples.
    PLEASE ADDRESS THAT.

I have addressed THAT TOO but its jumbled as is my mind in my pending multi works of repairing repainting my old house so kindly give it a good read Quad so i am copy & paste my post # 2 here below this for questions like yours and a further explanation is given below to prove ''You'' in this verse does not refer to disciples but to all followers of Jesus as a whole

here it is from post # 2

Here in verse 17 Jesus will be united during his second coming and in verse 18 it says Jesus will not leave the Christians as Orphan ie orphan of true knowledge and he is COMING TO YOU does not refer the disciples who are already to dead but to all Chrisitians before the day of Judgement
    Further Explaining it, speeches of Prophets in scriptures cannot be interpreted same and Exactly as a King or leader speaks because the king words are ONLY for the people who are present in his times Unlike the speech of A Prophet or a religious leader of the 1st source is for all those to follow him , his path & way & light that's why Kings ;like Heraclius of Byzantine commented something like if Muhammad is the same Prophet that we have been expecting than the land under my feet is going to his and i am pleased and will wash his feet if an near him , That's the same honour to all prophets be its Jesus, Moses David all the chosen noblest souls of Allah of their times and their words bear the same respect more than the words of a King or a leader and if they Prophets Say ''TO YOU '' it does not mean a . meagre 11 or 12 disciples but to all those who will follow them and also as seen CLEARLY in verse of John 14:18

Which Jesus says to ONLY his 11 or 12 disciples , So when Jesus says he will not leave them like orphans he will come back it means to all those Christians
    who are orphaned frm the true knowledge who will meet him before the end of the world when he will kill Dajjal, kill the swine , wine , jizzya and reprove the Law of Allah as the final law

Quote Originally Posted by AJ4u View Post
    Jesus says here that the comforter and Spirit of truth will be in us. Muhammad is not in us; he wasn't in the disciples of Jesus either. I don't see where you see like me, but even if he said that, he said counselor like me; he didn't say physical appearance like me. Jesus means he'd be in us as the word of God; to send us his spirit he had to be with God.
    Aj4u the above explanation of Jesus's words '' to YOU ' is also for You and i continue further leaving your verses of Philips for which i can give an explanation but time & my mind involved in many works does not permit that now. and you are claiming ' Muhammad is not us or in disciples '' because of interpreting the below verses of Jhon 14 : 16-18 Right ? ( If not right quote me another proof )
    John 14:16-18Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you. 18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you.

You had actually MIXED UP with the comforter and the holy spirit for which you must compare with other verses like John 16 :13-15 (CJB) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...rsion=CJBwhere about 6 CLEAR TRAITS OF THE COMFORTER is given in John 16:13-15 ( as also Claimed by the Noble Quran that Allah had mentioned in the Gospels TRAITS of the last Prophet http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...0&LanguageId=2 )

To say the Holy Spirit or Spirit of truth is Muhammad is blasphemous to us Christians. Muhammad was never in spirit form. The Spirit of truth glorifies Jesus in us. That is his sole purpose; Muhammad doesn't glorify Jesus in me. In fact, he diminishes him to a lesser creation than himself in the eyes of Muslims. Christians don't see Jesus as creation; we see him as the Creator, because it is written that all things were made by him and for him. Nice try.. You are back to square one
    so your above quote & this quote both quotes WILL CONTRADICT the BELOW words of Jesus proving it to be lies ( May Allah forgive me he is the spirit of truth as all Prophet & Muhammad (pbuh) is and Prophets never lie ) '' IF YOU SAY COMFORTER OR THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH MEANS THE HOLY SPIRIT '' . The reason is NOT ONLY your mistake but one verse like 14:26 and John 14 :16-18 's self contradictory in some terms like '' I will ask the father '' where in other verse it says '' I will send him "' which is self contradictory as in the ' Another comforter like me, Spirit of Truth '' in John 14:16-17 & more verses against only verse in favour of you verse 14:26 '' Comforter, the holy host ''

to concentrate on the below verses John 14:16-17

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you. 18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you.

&

From the above two verses I like to Bring your attention to THESE FACTS

1) Firstly as per 16 : 7-8 's '' if i don't go away , the comforting counselor will not come '' and John John 14:16-17 '' ANOTHER '' comfortingg Counselor ''LIKE ME ''Jesus (pbuh) REFERRED TO SOMEBODY who was not Present at that time but we all know ' The HOLY GHOST '' was present always even at the time of Jesus and with the disciples known from verses of bible

& when Jesus says in John 14:17-18

''The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him .You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you
    18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you''

So All words of '' HIM '' refers to a Male person not a spirit as a SPIRIT will be referred ONLY as '' IT '' '' HIM''ONLY REFERS to JESUS HIMSELVES not to the Holy Spirit or to ANOTHER COMFORTER TO COME later ( as Aj4u Claims that Muhammad, the last Comforter was NOT with the disciples) who ONLY THE 12 disciples believed and knew him in true sense and but the world did not know as a whole Jesus in true sense of a Great Prophet of God (but as a magician) because He ( Jesus was staying with them and will be UNITED later as Jesus will not leave them as Orphans of '' knowledge ' and will come BACK t them ' in the 2nd coming'

to Arbed I havent read your last post yet will see it asap

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

['' I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you. ''

to concentrate on the below verses John 14:16-17

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you. 18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you.[/COLOR]

&

From the above two verses I like to Bring your attention to THESE FACTS

1) Firstly as per 16 : 7-8 's '' if i don't go away , the comforting counselor will not come '' and John John 14:16-17 '' ANOTHER '' comfortingg Counselor ''LIKE ME ''Jesus (pbuh) REFERRED TO SOMEBODY who was not Present at that time but we all know ' The HOLY GHOST '' was present always even at the time of Jesus and with the disciples known from verses of bible

& when Jesus says in John 14:17-18

''The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him .You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you
    18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you''
    Like me? what version of Bible is that in?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

CJB https://www.biblegateway.com/version...ish-Bible-CJB/

I prefer this CJB though its inclined towards Concept of Christianity but its a little less inclined among them using the Jewish old terms as we know Jesus was a Jew and its important to know what Jesus really meant by his words though its still distorted as per the TESTIMONY of the Noble Quran , the Preserved one.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I prefer this CJB though its inclined towards Concept of Christianity but its a little less inclined among them using the Jewish old terms as we know Jesus was a Jew and its important to know what Jesus really meant by his words though its still distorted as per the TESTIMONY of the Noble Quran , the Preserved one.
    Where did Jesus say like me?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yochanan 14:16-17Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

16 And I will ask HaAv and another Melitz Yosher [Advocate, Counselor, Helper in Court, 14:26; 15:26; 16:7] He will give you that He may be with you l’Olam,
    17 The Ruach HaEmes, which the Olam Hazeh is not able to receive, because it does not see Him nor have da’as of Him. But you have da’as of Him, because He remains with you and He will be in you.
    Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

Why didn't you choose the OJB Bible? Either way.. We're still talking about the Holy Spirit. "Ruach HaEmes" = Holy Spirit.

John 14:16-17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you.

CJB translates it thus.. And Talibilm is taking the "Like me" to mean a flesh and blood man. But the rest of the verse makes it clear that Jesus is implying Likeness in the Spiritual sense. Which is born out by the rest of scripture where Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit. It's a no brainer. Talibilm cannot allow himself to see it. .... Lol.. And he calls me blind!

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Another" Comforter implies similarity to the first "Comforter."
    There is similarity between Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    Jesus said His blood was the new covenant for forgiveness of sins.
    The Holy Spirit agrees, in that He imparts power over man's sin nature, when that man trusts in the sacrifice of Jesus for forgiveness.

A good example of that vindication is found on my post, The Power of the Blood of Jesus Over the Sin of Homosexuality.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

16 And I will ask HaAv and another Melitz Yosher [Advocate, Counselor, Helper in Court, 14:26; 15:26; 16:7] He will give you that He may be with you l’Olam,
    17 The Ruach HaEmes, which the Olam Hazeh is not able to receive, because it does not see Him nor have da’as of Him. But you have da’as of Him, because He remains with you and He will be in you.

Why didn't you choose the OJB Bible? Either way.. We're still talking about the Holy Spirit. "Ruach HaEmes" = Holy Spirit.

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you.

CJB translates it thus.. And Talibilm is taking the "Like me" to mean a flesh and blood man. But the rest of the verse makes it clear that Jesus is implying Likeness in the Spiritual sense. Which is born out by the rest of scripture where Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit. It's a no brainer. Talibilm cannot allow himself to see it. .... Lol.. And he calls me blind!
    I hear you, there are none so blind as those who will not see

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never hear of that version before, but I told him even if Jesus said that, it is pertaining to likeness of spirit not flesh and blood

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

Talibilm... I'm not a clairvoyant!!!! I don't know if you're busy or not.. Travelling or moving house or whatever else is taking up your valuable time. There is no compulsion for you to reply and no pressure regards time.
    But there is compulsion for me as I am sure 100 % the ' ANOTHER COMFORTER LIKE ME, The Spirit of truth '' is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
    who the Rabbis of Medina Abdullah ibn Salam and his group & Rabbi Zayd Ibn Sanah, The Richest Man in medina and his group accepted and embraced Islam and also spent half of his wealth and died as a Martyr.

So are the King Negus and even Heraclius sent a message saying he accepted Islam & prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as the last awaited Comforter, prophet but will not display it since he fear to loose the support of his people & consequently his vast Kingdom as the top Superpower (like USA, will USA surrender to Nepal ) of those times.. Similarly Kings of Egypt etc showered Prophet with gifts asking time to take their decisions. So who is in a better position to decide who was the last Prophet or Comforter ? its You Or our Prophet's times Contemporaries ? who knew better ? is it you or the Christians of today or the Chrisitian king of Negus ? using DOUBLE STANDARDS to interpret your own books verses will never guide you to truth as you are talking in your next quote
    Living IN them.. It's known as "indwelling" of the Spirit.. Means they "know" the comforter.. Because it is as ONE with Jesus spiritually. LIKE ME... Not a person who looks like.. Not flesh .. But alike in Spirit and joined in purpose.. Which is to spread the Word of God. FOREVER.. Feel free to explain how Mohammed was IN the disciples and was with them FOREVER..
    Those your red bolded words are REAL DOUBLE STANDARDS when you talk about Moses ' in Deut 18 about the coming of the prophet in my kinsmen ''LIKE ME '' you take literally and '' I & My father are ONE '' you take it literally - verbatim, word to word but when JESUS says ANOTHER COMFORTER ''LIKE ME '' you ELUDE like Jelly fish from the commitment trumpeting he meant ' spiritually'' but listen carefully to me by doing this deception , double standard you EFFECT ISLAM not to even 1 % and I 've been claiming always that Prophet Muhammad never used for Lobbying purpose this '' COMFORTER ISSUE '' or his name foretold as Ahamad ( Paraclyte in Greek or the praised one or comforter ) in the Gospels and as Muhammad in Torah in songs of song which was transferred from the main Torah to the book of Ketuvim in the 8th century ( Quran came in 7th century claiming the foretelling of Muhammad ) with a background fake story of lovers . lol , very unessential for the Torah . So by acting BLIND & DEAF for all the screams of all the scriptures you will not only take your sins but also the sins of all those who misguide

Right.. Okey dokey.. Jesus is saying He has to go in order to send the Comforter TO YOU.. Who is Jesus talking to here? It's the disciples. So as Jesus identifies the comforter as the Holy Spirit in John 14:17.. Why should I believe your account? That Jesus sent Mohammed as the comforter 600 years later! Not much use to the disciples then as they would have been long dead to the world. But not before they'd been teaching the Gospel of Jesus to anyone who would listen.. So who did they receive this promised guidance from if not the comforter.. Aka The Holy Spirit.
    John 14:17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

This explains about Jesus him selves since the world did not take seriously about the prophet hood of Jesus except the meagre 12 disciples and the world (even Jews) took his miracles as a Great Magic overlooking the truth of the Power of Allah behind me ( He showed miracles with the permission of Allah - The Noble Quran ) that's why Jesus says here to the disciples ' YOU KNOW HIM''
    and he is staying with them and he will united with him . See all the '' HIMS' there which referred to ONLY JESUS HIM SELVES and not a spirit . Did the spirit of staying 24 hours with the disciples ? , sleeping, eating, praying ? But Jesus was with them doing all these so '' He is STAYING with YOU (Disciples) ? is that Clear ? but know you are going into dig in your heels with Aj4u & Quad and all your missionaries that ere reading this post

If you think Shirk.. Wine.. Swine..usury..etc etc are sins not known to the world before Mohammed came you're way off the mark.. Although shirk and drinking of wine are only sins according to Islam. Not heard the term shirk mentioned in the Bible.. Seeing as Jews and Christians worship ONE God and don't associate partners to Him that's not applicable.. And wine is not forbidden in the Bible..... Being drunk is. Whichever way you cut it.. You would have me believe that Jesus waited 600 years leaving His disciples without the promised guidance and mankind adrift in sin. It's not logical.
    There are verses in both OT & NT condemning shirk but both of you committed but the Jews came out from it on seeing the warning of the noble quran who took Rabbi Ezra as the son of God after he rewrote the Torah destroyed by Nebud Nezzar and Chrisitians with their different misguided concepts adopted shirk as well when your book warned it that when Jesus says ''My father is above all.'' I cant myself do nothing'' ,'' To my father and your father, to my lord and Your Lord '' but the 40 authors of bible twisted & Inserted shirk and those verses like of Creation of Adam as of Jesus himselves as the first born (hebrews) and with a laughable contradicition ( To err is human so humans wrote it) in Exodus where Jacob, Israel as the first born as well. There are verses in NT where it condemns idolators, drunkards, Swine but its BIG JOKE you people who TRUMPET to follow Bible but dumped those verses making ego your god (*thaguth in Arabic) and you ELUDED the divorcee Re marriage as a sin in your books calling it a adultery. And you call your books are not adulterated ? shame on who ?

What is logical is that Jesus lived up to His promise, sent the comforter Holy Spirit.. Which the disciples received at Pentecost, thus preparing them for the Mission Jesus had assigned them.
    So i already pointed out the contradiction where in one verse Jesus i will send the comforter & in another verse he says '' I will ask the father to give another comforter '' and Quad stupidly quotes ' ANOTHER'' refers to holy spirit while holy spirit is ONLY ONE as per your doctrine and'' it '' holy spirit was before and during and after Jesus

You're not saying much here... And totally missing the point.
    Si I had explained you further , thus not missing the POINT.'' Comforter, the spirit of truth was Jesus and another comforter refers to some one after Jesus who was not present at the time of presence of Jesus and Its NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT because the SPIRIT was present while Jesus was alive & with the disciples.

I think you're getting carried away here.. They're not unrelated. What do you think the Church was founded on!!! Second thoughts don't answer that.. Life is too short and you are busy.
    your Church splitting into 41000 denominations proves my point & that's the reason you have to lie to hide another lie and all assumptions imaginations and the Jews wished you should split with their treachery through Paul as i had given my unbiased conclusions from histories from all sides.

Think on... Yep.. The comforter will come ... AFTER JESUS EARTHLY DEATH... But the reason Jesus sent the comforter was to bring to remembrance all things Jesus had taught them. Why? To spread His Gospel to the world . It has nothing to do with the second coming.. Where Jesus will judge those who did not heed the Gospels.
    You had ever said that Holy spirit appeared at Pentcost appeared 15 days after Jesus vanishing right ? kindly confirm please.

The world cannot receive him.. Pardon me.. But was Mohammed not received and acknowledged in the world? As a man?
    I've proved you its was referring to Jesus only 12 disciples understood him in real sense but not the world. This was not spoken about the '' ANOTHER COMFORTER '' which you had mixed up, so you put yourselves in a headache by the self contradicting mixed verses of NT

No rush.. Take your time. We all have episodes when demands on our time are great.
    Only time is not enough for me when our MIND is not free untill all things of my 5 members of my family and other things settle down

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[COLOR="#000000"]

But there is compulsion for me as I am sure 100 % the ' ANOTHER COMFORTER LIKE ME, The Spirit of truth '' is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
    What makes you so sure when that verse was already spoken for and accepted before Muhammad was born in the gospel?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who the Rabbis of Medina Abdullah ibn Salam and his group & Rabbi Zayd Ibn Sanah, The Richest Man in medina and his group accepted and embraced Islam and also spent half of his wealth and died as a Martyr.

So are the King Negus and even Heraclius sent a message saying he accepted Islam & prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as the last awaited Comforter, prophet but will not display it since he fear to loose the support of his people & consequently his vast Kingdom as the top Superpower (like USA, will USA surrender to Nepal ) of those times.. Similarly Kings of Egypt etc showered Prophet with gifts asking time to take their decisions. So who is in a better position to decide who was the last Prophet or Comforter ? its You Or our Prophet's times Contemporaries ? who knew better ? is it you or the Christians of today or the Chrisitian king of Negus ? using DOUBLE STANDARDS to interpret your own books verses will never guide you to truth as you are talking in your next quote

I accept that you believe as you do.. But you base this belief not on scriptures but on how people long past interpreted them. It makes no difference weather King Negus or Heraclius accepted Mohammed as a prophet or Islam.. You have to prove they did so on the basis of this verse alone. There could be any number of reasons they chose to accept Mohammed. Their opinions past are no more relevant than your friend Mr Erhman's are today.

Those your red bolded words are REAL DOUBLE STANDARDS when you talk about Moses ' in Deut 18 about the coming of the prophet in my kinsmen ''LIKE ME '' you take literally and '' I & My father are ONE '' you take it literally - verbatim, word to word but when JESUS says ANOTHER COMFORTER ''LIKE ME '' you ELUDE like Jelly fish from the commitment trumpeting he meant ' spiritually'' but listen carefully to me by doing this deception , double standard you EFFECT ISLAM not to even 1 % and I 've been claiming always that Prophet Muhammad never used for Lobbying purpose this '' COMFORTER ISSUE '' or his name foretold as Ahamad ( Paraclyte in Greek or the praised one or comforter ) in the Gospels and as Muhammad in Torah in songs of song which was transferred from the main Torah to the book of Ketuvim in the 8th century ( Quran came in 7th century claiming the foretelling of Muhammad ) with a background fake story of lovers . lol , very unessential for the Torah . So by acting BLIND & DEAF for all the screams of all the scriptures you will not only take your sins but also the sins of all those who misguide
    You are talking through your hat here... The similarities between Moses and Jesus.. Or I and the Father are one... Are both spiritual. Because any "physical" similarities are meaningless. You might as well say Moses and Jesus were alike because they both had beards!!!! The similarities are in regards to their works.. Which are spiritual. Don't embarrass yourself with the Song of Songs link to Mohammed. Surely muslims don't look to that any longer.

John 14:17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

This explains about Jesus him selves since the world did not take seriously about the prophet hood of Jesus except the meagre 12 disciples and the world (even Jews) took his miracles as a Great Magic overlooking the truth of the Power of Allah behind me ( He showed miracles with the permission of Allah - The Noble Quran ) that's why Jesus says here to the disciples ' YOU KNOW HIM''
    and he is staying with them and he will united with him . See all the '' HIMS' there which referred to ONLY JESUS HIM SELVES and not a spirit . Did the spirit of staying 24 hours with the disciples ? , sleeping, eating, praying ? But Jesus was with them doing all these so '' He is STAYING with YOU (Disciples) ? is that Clear ? but know you are going into dig in your heels with Aj4u & Quad and all your missionaries that ere reading this post
    you are deluded if you think the only people who followed Jesus were the 12 disciples. It was because of His many followers who travelled miles to hear Him speak that the Pharisees saw as one reason to see Him as a threat. It's very clear you are basing your belief in this issue on one small section of a verse and choosing to ignore the context or see the bigger picture. That and maybe your unwillingness to admit you may have got this wrong.

There are verses in both OT & NT condemning shirk but both of you committed but the Jews came out from it on seeing the warning of the noble quran who took Rabbi Ezra as the son of God after he rewrote the Torah destroyed by Nebud Nezzar and Chrisitians with their different misguided concepts adopted shirk as well when your book warned it that when Jesus says ''My father is above all.'' I cant myself do nothing'' ,'' To my father and your father, to my lord and Your Lord '' but the 40 authors of bible twisted & Inserted shirk and those verses like of Creation of Adam as of Jesus himselves as the first born (hebrews) and with a laughable contradicition ( To err is human so humans wrote it) in Exodus where Jacob, Israel as the first born as well. There are verses in NT where it condemns idolators, drunkards, Swine but its BIG JOKE you people who TRUMPET to follow Bible but dumped those verses making ego your god (*thaguth in Arabic) and you ELUDED the divorcee Re marriage as a sin in your books calling it a adultery. And you call your books are not adulterated ? shame on who ?
    Shirk I thought was associating partners to God. Where does it say (except in the Quran) that the Jews believed or worshipped Ezra as Son of God.. ? Christians have never associated partners to God because God is one and needs no partners.. You accuse christians thus based on the misconception the Quran has on the trinity. Every Christian knows the trinity described in the Quran has absolutely no likeness to what Christians actually believe. But you would prefer to tell us what we believe instead of understanding what we do actually believe. The shame is on you. Because it's you who limits God.

So i already pointed out the contradiction where in one verse Jesus i will send the comforter & in another verse he says '' I will ask the father to give another comforter '' and Quad stupidly quotes ' ANOTHER'' refers to holy spirit while holy spirit is ONLY ONE as per your doctrine and'' it '' holy spirit was before and during and after Jesus
    **sigh** Jesus during His time of His mission was Comforter, Guide, brought understanding ... Which is actually the role of the comforter. To bring understanding.. The Holy Spirt is as One with Jesus in purpose, you know sometimes..... Like now.. I am telling you by words concerning the scripture. Do you understand it? No.. I don't think you do. If you don't understand something that makes no sense to you then easy to put it to the back of your mind and forget it. Thus so for the disciples, Jesus knew much of what He had said of Himself was beyond their capacity to fully comprehend. THAT is why Jesus sent the comforter... Holy Spirit.. Because it's by the Spirit full understanding is gained. Call it spiritually discerned truth. That is one reason you perhaps don't understand what it is you are reading in Bible scripture. They needed to fully understand what Jesus revealed about Himself and God to equip them for their mission. To take Gods word.. The Gospel to all peoples.. They did a pretty good job of it as that Gospel is still the reason why Christianity is the largest religion in the world today. I conclude from that that the Comforter.. Holy Spirit was indeed sent as promised and granted the disciples spiritually discerned truth.

Si I had explained you further , thus not missing the POINT.'' Comforter, the spirit of truth was Jesus and another comforter refers to some one after Jesus who was not present at the time of presence of Jesus and Its NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT because the SPIRIT was present while Jesus was alive & with the disciples.
    see point above.

your Church splitting into 41000 denominations proves my point & that's the reason you have to lie to hide another lie and all assumptions imaginations and the Jews wished you should split with their treachery through Paul as i had given my unbiased conclusions from histories from all sides.
    this has nothing to do with anything.

You had ever said that Holy spirit appeared at Pentcost appeared 15 days after Jesus vanishing right ? kindly confirm please.
    yes.. I will. I will do so in a separate post. I ask you to read what I post in full and I will highlight the bits I feel you need to take note of. Maybe that will help clarify things for you.

I've proved you its was referring to Jesus only 12 disciples understood him in real sense but not the world. This was not spoken about the '' ANOTHER COMFORTER '' which you had mixed up, so you put yourselves in a headache by the self contradicting mixed verses of NT
    actually you haven't... You've just reiterated what you've said already. No matter how many times you rehash the same points it won't change the fact that the Scripture (Bible) you are using for your claim .. DO NOT back up your position on this.

Only time is not enough for me when our MIND is not free untill all things of my 5 members of my family and other things settle down
    As I said.. Do not feel the need to rush back with a reply on my account I would rather you read up more and considered what you wish to say on the matter.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Acts 2

The Coming of the Holy Spirit
    2 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language. 7 And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?” 13 But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.”

Peter's Sermon at Pentecost
    14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:

17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
    that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
    and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    and your young men shall see visions,
    and your old men shall dream dreams;
    18 even on my male servants and female servants
    in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
    19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
    20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood,
    before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
    21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

Luke 36:49
    Jesus Appears to His Disciples
    36 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. 38 And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” 40 And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate before them.

44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and[c] forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

Luke 11:13
    13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 16

The Work of the Holy Spirit
    “I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Your Sorrow Will Turn into Joy
    16 “A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.” 17 So some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that he says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me’; and, ‘because I am going to the Father’?” 18 So they were saying, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We do not know what he is talking about.” 19 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, “Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, ‘A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me’? 20 Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. 21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

I Have Overcome the World
    25 “I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech but will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; 27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”

29 His disciples said, “Ah, now you are speaking plainly and not using figurative speech! 30 Now we know that you know all things and do not need anyone to question you; this is why we believe that you came from God.” 31 Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe? 32 Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

John 14:16-17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...17&version=CJB

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you.''

and also i had explained in other posts the words '' him '' always REFERS to '' MALE '' and Jesus him selves and not the 'Spirit ' which will be addressed as '' it '' and these are few verses which imo are very less distorted ones which still CLEARLY announce that the Comforter is ''ANOTHER'' and ''Like me'' (ie Jesus in flesh) as a Prophet with a scripture from God ,the Creator and all other Condition of a COMFORTER which is in this link http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...pon-him)/page2 post # 61, 65 where there are 6 more proofs which suits none other except Prophet Muhammad since the holy Spirit ap pentacost did not tell about the things to come in the future nor Glorified Jesus who was being blasphemed for 600 years by his own fellow men, Jews with filth about him and his Chaste mother Maryam and ITS ONLY THE PROPHET MUHAmmad '' THE OUTSIDER '' who raised ALARM against this Greatest SIN of blaspheming a True pure Prophet of Allah which made the Jews to SHUT up their mouths but you people COMPLETELY FORGOT all your nasty Past and joined with Satan to blaspheme , bite the hands that feeds you .Allah and his Messeanger and slave our Prophet (pbuh)

What makes you so sure when that verse was already spoken for and accepted before Muhammad was born in the gospel?
    Its Just simple Logic even from the times of Adam when Allah told EVEN ADAM something Like that there is no place for you now in this paradise So go & reside on the Earth and i will send MY Messengers to guide You all of your Progeny and So it happened every early Prophet foretold the NEXT near prophets to come like Moses told about Jesus & Muhammad (pbuta), David told about Jesus and Muhammad ( Pbutall) and Isaiah told about Muhammad, the slave and servant from Kedar ( Isaiah 42) and EVERY religion forstold about the same Muhammad like Vedas, Zend Avesta, Zoraster. etc etc so Generally Jews are more clever by accepting our Our Prophet buy you all play like kids .

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

John 14:16-17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...17&version=CJB

16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you.''

and also i had explained in other posts the words '' him '' always REFERS to '' MALE '' and Jesus him selves and not the 'Spirit ' which will be addressed as '' it '' and these are few verses which imo are very less distorted ones which still CLEARLY announce that the Comforter is ''ANOTHER'' and ''Like me'' (ie Jesus in flesh) as a Prophet with a scripture from God ,the Creator and all other Condition of a COMFORTER which is in this link http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...pon-him)/page2 post # 61, 65 where there are 6 more proofs which suits none other except Prophet Muhammad since the holy Spirit ap pentacost did not tell about the things to come in the future nor Glorified Jesus who was being blasphemed for 600 years by his own fellow men, Jews with filth about him and his Chaste mother Maryam and ITS ONLY THE PROPHET MUHAmmad '' THE OUTSIDER '' who raised ALARM against this Greatest SIN of blaspheming a True pure Prophet of Allah which made the Jews to SHUT up their mouths but you people COMPLETELY FORGOT all your nasty Past and joined with Satan to blaspheme , bite the hands that feeds you .Allah and his Messeanger and slave our Prophet (pbuh)

Its Just simple Logic even from the times of Adam when Allah told EVEN ADAM something Like that there is no place for you now in this paradise So go & reside on the Earth and i will send MY Messengers to guide You all of your Progeny and So it happened every early Prophet foretold the NEXT near prophets to come like Moses told about Jesus & Muhammad (pbuta), David told about Jesus and Muhammad ( Pbutall) and Isaiah told about Muhammad, the slave and servant from Kedar ( Isaiah 42) and EVERY religion forstold about the same Muhammad like Vedas, Zend Avesta, Zoraster. etc etc so Generally Jews are more clever by accepting our Our Prophet buy you all play like kids .
    I am not playing and I am being sincere when I tell you I don't see a clue about Muhammad in the torah, psalms or gospel. Believe me, if I saw it, I would accept Muhammad as our prophet, but the only thing I see is Jesus warning that after him would come many false prophets saying Jesus is Christ and not to believe them. Matthew 24 so go figure. Were you born into the Muslim religion or did you convert?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

I am not playing and I am being sincere when I tell you I don't see a clue about Muhammad in the torah, psalms or gospel.
    You are either of this three 1) LYING 2) Blind & deaf spiritually 3) Slave to one's ego, see my reply further below and the video of a revert & his
    Jewish Rabbi . For the second factor 2 'B & D' you should read these verses of Noble Quran

7:175 '' And recite (O Muhammad SAW) to them the story of him to whom We gave Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), but he threw them away, so Shaitan (Satan) followed him up, and he became of those who went astray.

and read http://quran.com/7/175-186 further so that you MAY get guided

Believe me, if I saw it, I would accept Muhammad as our prophet, but the only thing I see is Jesus warning that after him would come many false prophets saying Jesus is Christ and not to believe them. Matthew 24 so go figure. Were you born into the Muslim religion or did you convert?
    When Rabbis as this SAY THEMSELVES that Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned in the Torah so were the reverts TOP MOST Rabbi's of Medina so what does that make of you ? my dear. What you sow is what you get , you will take your sins and all others's sins whom you misguide and this is the friendly WARNING that our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) with an army of 1000 gave to the Priest and the Super power King Heraclius (army of half million) who walked to Jerusalem after his victory over Persian , the Next Super power of those days as was like USA & RUSSIA before and now. (read letter to the kings by our prophet still preserved in Topkapi etc)

So is Aj4u is smarter and knowledgeable than the Rabbis & Priests of those days and now ? is it ? who were also CONTEMPORARIES ? to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) ? , You will take ONE VERSE about False Prophet and leaves the 10's of verses together from OT & NT which ONLY proves my words (kids, imo) and this VIDEO PROVES MY STANCE . kindly see it fully or atleast do not miss at 7 minutes untill 9 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g

Coming of Prophets was true as Jesus (pbuh) said and 30 such false Prophets were also prophesied by our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) too and they did not long last for long with a small cult like even during the life of Prophet Musailamah al kazzab with 10000 followers (invited to join hands with his gang of 10,000 strong ) and other followed but Islam has been growing and is Growing even without our Muslim dawah which is only less than 5 % compared to your missionaries effort by work & money & treachery but still it goes at a negligible rate when compared to Islam see news of UK or else where Churches becoming Mosques, , which SPEAKS FOR ITSELF that '' TRUTH PREVAILS''

If the Pure Prophet Muhammad, The Al Ameen, the assadique , the Spirit of Truth told lies all through every minute of his 23 years the Creator of this world will not make his RELIGION of ISLAM triumphant within 35 years making those sheep, camel herders into the rulers over super power. So kindly wake up before you die as a Non Believer of the Creator who perfected each part & organs of yours and made you live comfortably.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[COLOR="#000000"]

You are either of this three 1) LYING 2) Blind & deaf spiritually 3) Slave to one's ego, see my reply further below and the video of a revert & his
    Jewish Rabbi . For the second factor 2 'B & D' you should read these verses of Noble Quran
    I am not the only Christian that sincerely believes this; are you going to say all of us a lying, blind spiritually and slaves to our ego because you can't see the truth?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the Holy Spirit has no gender.. As God has no gender.. God is Spirit. However, God is always referred to grammatically in the masculine gender and so is the Holy Spirit... Although there are instances where it is portrayed in gender neutral terms. Because the Holy Spirit is the essence of God by which God grants understanding. We infer the Spirit is God throughout the Bible scriptures. Jesus said in Matthew 12:31.. That every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven EXCEPT blasphemy against the Spirit. The only blasphemy unforgivable has to be against God in the Highest.. Ergo the Spirit is of God.

Matthew 12:31
    31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

The Holy Spirit has and always will glorify Jesus. Even to day Jesus is glorified by the Spirit. It's the Spirit that brings us to true understanding of Jesus. You won't see that .. Because you have blinded yourself to it.

Why did God tell Adam there was no place for him any longer in paradise? The prophets ended with Jesus.. Gods plan completed. That's why Mohammed is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible... You believe it he is.. But it is rather ironic to look to scriptures you believe to be corrupt and can't be trusted for validation of your prophet. It's the majority against the minority.. I'm going to have choose to believe the majority accounts of the Biblical prophets who confirmed what Jesus said about Himself and His mission. Against the one account of Mohammed who brought a totally different message.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the Holy Spirit has no gender.. As God has no gender.. God is Spirit. However, God is always referred to grammatically in the masculine gender and so is the Holy Spirit... Although there are instances where it is portrayed in gender neutral terms. Because the Holy Spirit is the essence of God by which God grants understanding. We infer the Spirit is God throughout the Bible scriptures. Jesus said in Matthew 12:31.. That every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven EXCEPT blasphemy against the Spirit. The only blasphemy unforgivable has to be against God in the Highest.. Ergo the Spirit is of God.

31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

The Holy Spirit has and always will glorify Jesus. Even to day Jesus is glorified by the Spirit. It's the Spirit that brings us to true understanding of Jesus. You won't see that .. Because you have blinded yourself to it.

Why did God tell Adam there was no place for him any longer in paradise? The prophets ended with Jesus.. Gods plan completed. That's why Mohammed is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible... You believe it he is.. But it is rather ironic to look to scriptures you believe to be corrupt and can't be trusted for validation of your prophet. It's the majority against the minority.. I'm going to have choose to believe the majority accounts of the Biblical prophets who confirmed what Jesus said about Himself and His mission. Against the one account of Mohammed who brought a totally different message.
    And they all said Amen that is the majority, lol

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an extra pair of glasses, do you think they will help?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

the Holy Spirit has no gender..
    That's what I am saying too the spirit cannot be referred with gender like in the below John 16:7-8 or any other verse

so that's why all hims does not refer any Spirit but a Male , Human and the spirit at Pentacost which appeared after 15 days ( Right ? ) did not talk
    to the world about sin about righteousness. or Judgement and No one of your people know what I talked about except in different languages nor it talked about Prophesies, things to come in the future as in John 16 :13-15

John 16:13-15Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

13 However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. 14 He will glorify me,

If that spirit GLORIFIED Jesus why was the world together with the jews were insulting Jesus & his Mother ? for 600 years untill the arrival of Noble Quran.

As God has no gender.. God is Spirit. However, God is always referred to grammatically in the masculine gender and so is the Holy Spirit... Although there are instances where it is portrayed in gender neutral terms. Because the Holy Spirit is the essence of God by which God grants understanding. We infer the Spirit is God throughout the Bible scriptures. Jesus said in Matthew 12:31.. That every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven EXCEPT blasphemy against the Spirit. The only blasphemy unforgivable has to be against God in the Highest.. Ergo the Spirit is of God.
    You people are good at juggling three at a time You will say one thing do one thing and change an other thing. That's true God the Creator does not have a gender but he begets Lol, you will say no hes just a unique son . If there is a son there should be a father , right ? So God the Father so is Father a neutral gender ? I pity for you people you are stumbling & rolling in darkness and try to change your stance as a juggler manages 3 in 1. Know that God means masculine, Goddess is feminine and gods mean multiple gods and Only one word portrays the true Creator uncomparable that is '' Allah ;; the lord of Abraham in all languages

So answer me as asked above what was the Holy Spirit doing ? when the world was blasphemming Jesus and his Mother with filthy words for 600 years ? untill Noble Quran came . So when & how did it glorify ? Give verses of Bible

Why did God tell Adam there was no place for him any longer in paradise?
    When Adam ate that forbidden fruit when his & her's private parts were exposed to them they tried to cover themselves with the leaves of trees of Paradise and the urge to excrete arouse when they were searching a place for it , Allah had said so.

The prophets ended with Jesus.. Gods plan completed.
    So now you agree that Jesus is a Prophet like Moses , Aron, Jonah ? Or are you going to juggle further ? . If God's plan is completed why Jesus has to come in the second re-coming ? Why Jesus must Prophesize about the coming of ANOTHER COMFORTER who will guide you to all truth (John 16:13-15) , who will will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment — ( John 16:7-8), Sister kindly think thrice before you do your meaningless TRUMPETING

That's why Mohammed is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible...
    Does a thief keep records of his theft ? He will clear it in few minutes not to be caught red handed. Both the people of the book blamed EVEN each other of COPYING the other's books untill the noble Quran came and cleared the Air giving a HONOURED title to them both '' people of the book '' so you started to call each others books as Old & New testaments or you were fighting like a snake and Mongoose and you act as if you do not know Muhammad (pbuh) and the Noble Quran , so that's why Allah has prepared the eternal fire for these ungratefull ones listed in the below verses

[QUOTE=Arbed;6396933]
    You believe it he is.. But it is rather ironic to look to scriptures you believe to be corrupt and can't be trusted for validation of your prophet. It's the majority against the minority.. I'm going to have choose to believe the majority accounts of the Biblical prophets who confirmed what Jesus said about Himself and His mission. Against the one account of Mohammed who brought a totally different message.[/QUOTE]

All Prophets came to full fill and reiterate the law and Prophet Muhammad did the same when BOTH OF YOU FELL into shirk and the Quran reiterated the Oness of Allah and stressed to follow his Law which were distrorted, hidden by the Jews and Christians
    when you even forgot how to pray and what to eat , you were to trample the already poor unfortunate divorcees and women but the Noble Quran gave them life & enlightened the world and Showed you who the real Creator of you was , is . Not an buns, calf eating pervert .

Noble Quran 2:126 ''And when Abraham said, "My Lord, make this a secure city and provide its people with fruits - whoever of them believes in Allah and the Last Day." [ Allah ] said. "And whoever disbelieves - I will grant him enjoyment for a little; then I will force him to the punishment of the Fire, and wretched is the destination."

http://quran.com/search?q=enjoyment+for+a+little

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an extra pair of glasses, do you think they will help?
    They may do if Talibilm was simply shortsighted or something.. But I feel with wilful blindness Glasses aren't going to help him any.

Odan
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1366 Post(s)

1 ~ The Comforter would come in the life time of Jesus' disciples.. in fact before they depart Jerusalem see Acts 1:4-5, John 16:7 ........ Mohammed was born long after the Comforter must have come, i.e. 500+ years later.

What's a comforter? I am not too knowledgeable on comparative religion. I know it's a dumb question.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They may do if Talibilm was simply shortsighted or something.. But I feel with wilful blindness Glasses aren't going to help him any.
    That is true about the glasses, lol, but willful blindness is what he say about us and much worse especially me. I don't know if that is right to say about us or him, because who wants to be willfully blind? None of us I hope. I believe he is sincere, but sincerely wrong. I mean he is sin...cerely blind

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's what I am saying too the spirit cannot be referred with gender like in the below John 16:7-8 or any other verse

so that's why all hims does not refer any Spirit but a Male , Human and the spirit at Pentacost which appeared after 15 days ( Right ? ) did not talk
    to the world about sin about righteousness. or Judgement and No one of your people know what I talked about except in different languages nor it talked about Prophesies, things to come in the future as in John 16 :13-15

Talibilm....Lord knows I'm a woman blessed with inordinate reserves of patience.. But my, you do sorely try it at times..

I said .. The Holy Spirit is mostly referred to as He as God is also mostly referred to as He... As per grammatical purposes masculine gender. God IS Spirit.. GOD is HOLY.. Ergo HOLY SPIRIT. Show the world it was wrong about sin!! What do you take that to mean? Man knows sin is wrong and goes against God.. So in what way was the world wrong about sin. Maybe mankind did not fully understand the effects of sin and it's consequences. Righteousness... What do you think mankind did not understand about righteousness? Maybe they were under the misapprehension that they could achieve righteousness before God by their own efforts. Judgement... What do you think mankind did not understand about judgement? Maybe they thought they could somehow affect the judgement that must surely come their way by their actions. The Holy Spirt does not need words.. Understanding can come by means other than words. The disciples had followed and loved Jesus for the three years of His ministry but there was much they may not have fully understood. The Gospel is testimony that the Spirit did indeed achieve its purpose. As the disciples went forth and taught Christ.

John 16:13-15Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

13 However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. 14 He will glorify me,

If that spirit GLORIFIED Jesus why was the world together with the jews were insulting Jesus & his Mother ? for 600 years untill the arrival of Noble Quran.
    the world was not... Some jews may have been insulting to Jesus.. If you believe being spoken of in a kind way is glorifying Jesus then you are wrong. (Mary shouldn't be "glorified" at all) Glory is for God... His Word and His Spirit. Who have glorified each other in eternity and whom mankind has glorified as the ONE TRUE GOD is worthy of such glory.

You people are good at juggling three at a time You will say one thing do one thing and change an other thing. That's true God the Creator does not have a gender but he begets Lol, you will say no hes just a unique son . If there is a son there should be a father , right ? So God the Father so is Father a neutral gender ? I pity for you people you are stumbling & rolling in darkness and try to change your stance as a juggler manages 3 in 1. Know that God means masculine, Goddess is feminine and gods mean multiple gods and Only one word portrays the true Creator uncomparable that is '' Allah ;; the lord of Abraham in all languages
    Don't you dare start with your blasphemy again!!! How many times.. Do not imply that God "begets" as per human procreation!!!!!!!! GOD does NOT beget in those terms. God does NOT need the act of procreation deigned for human reproduction in order to create a "SON. If it's the God of Abraham and all the prophets we're talking about.. That GOD is YHWH.

So answer me as asked above what was the Holy Spirit doing ? when the world was blasphemming Jesus and his Mother with filthy words for 600 years ? untill Noble Quran came . So when & how did it glorify ? Give verses of Bible
    Best you look up the word glorify... Then you can maybe work it out yourself. It's not hard and indeed I've answered it already

John 16:14
    He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Jesus will "tell" the spirit all His teachings... Which in turn the Spirit IN ALL THE DISCIPLES.. And believers will bring a deeper understanding of everything Jesus had revealed about God to mankind. Mohammed never met Jesus or heard of His teachings.. And certainly doesn't relay them in the Quran.. So Mohammed cannot be the comforter.

When Adam ate that forbidden fruit when his & her's private parts were exposed to them they tried to cover themselves with the leaves of trees of Paradise and the urge to excrete arouse when they were searching a place for it , Allah had said so.
    what!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?

So now you agree that Jesus is a Prophet like Moses , Aron, Jonah ? Or are you going to juggle further ? . If God's plan is completed why Jesus has to come in the second re-coming ? Why Jesus must Prophesize about the coming of ANOTHER COMFORTER who will guide you to all truth (John 16:13-15) , who will will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment — ( John 16:7-8), Sister kindly think thrice before you do your meaningless TRUMPETING
    ***sigh*** Jesus was a prophet... One of many titles found for Him in the Bible. Gods plan for mans salvation from Sin in the accepting of Jesus as saviour is complete. Jesus will still return in judgement on all the living and the dead.. Even the prophets and also Mohammed past, present and future none will escape this judgement. Then will be decided those who accepted Gods provision of a Saviour and those who denied Him.

[QUOTE]Does a thief keep records of his theft ? He will clear it in few minutes not to be caught red handed. Both the people of the book blamed EVEN each other of COPYING the other's books untill the noble Quran came and cleared the Air giving a HONOURED title to them both '' people of the book '' so you started to call each others books as Old & New testaments or you were fighting like a snake and Mongoose and you act as if you do not know Muhammad (pbuh) and the Noble Quran , so that's why Allah has prepared the eternal fire for these ungratefull ones listed in the below verses

You believe it he is.. But it is rather ironic to look to scriptures you believe to be corrupt and can't be trusted for validation of your prophet. It's the majority against the minority.. I'm going to have choose to believe the majority accounts of the Biblical prophets who confirmed what Jesus said about Himself and His mission. Against the one account of Mohammed who brought a totally different message.[/QUOTE]

All Prophets came to full fill and reiterate the law and Prophet Muhammad did the same when BOTH OF YOU FELL into shirk and the Quran reiterated the Oness of Allah and stressed to follow his Law which were distrorted, hidden by the Jews and Christians
    when you even forgot how to pray and what to eat , you were to trample the already poor unfortunate divorcees and women but the Noble Quran gave them life & enlightened the world and Showed you who the real Creator of you was , is . Not an buns, calf eating pervert .

Noble Quran 2:126 ''And when Abraham said, "My Lord, make this a secure city and provide its people with fruits - whoever of them believes in Allah and the Last Day." [ Allah ] said. "And whoever disbelieves - I will grant him enjoyment for a little; then I will force him to the punishment of the Fire, and wretched is the destination."
    I pray to YHWH the God of Abraham and all the prophets who is a just and merciful God and above all most loving. I pray that God guides you to understand His justice, mercy and most of all His love.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Arbed;6397778]Talibilm....Lord knows I'm a woman blessed with inordinate reserves of patience.. But my, you do sorely try it at times..

I said .. The Holy Spirit is mostly referred to as He as God is also mostly referred to as He... As per grammatical purposes masculine gender. God IS Spirit.. GOD is HOLY.. Ergo HOLY SPIRIT. Show the world it was wrong about sin!! What do you take that to mean? Man knows sin is wrong and goes against God.. So in what way was the world wrong about sin. Maybe mankind did not fully understand the effects of sin and it's consequences. Righteousness... What do you think mankind did not understand about righteousness? Maybe they were under the misapprehension that they could achieve righteousness before God by their own efforts. Judgement... What do you think mankind did not understand about judgement? Maybe they thought they could somehow affect the judgement that must surely come their way by their actions. The Holy Spirt does not need words.. Understanding can come by means other than words. The disciples had followed and loved Jesus for the three years of His ministry but there was much they may not have fully understood. The Gospel is testimony that the Spirit did indeed achieve its purpose. As the disciples went forth and taught Christ.

the world was not... Some jews may have been insulting to Jesus.. If you believe being spoken of in a kind way is glorifying Jesus then you are wrong. (Mary shouldn't be "glorified" at all) Glory is for God... His Word and His Spirit. Who have glorified each other in eternity and whom mankind has glorified as the ONE TRUE GOD is worthy of such glory.

Don't you dare start with your blasphemy again!!! How many times.. Do not imply that God "begets" as per human procreation!!!!!!!! GOD does NOT beget in those terms. God does NOT need the act of procreation deigned for human reproduction in order to create a "SON. If it's the God of Abraham and all the prophets we're talking about.. That GOD is YHWH.

Best you look up the word glorify... Then you can maybe work it out yourself. It's not hard and indeed I've answered it already

John 16:14
    He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Jesus will "tell" the spirit all His teachings... Which in turn the Spirit IN ALL THE DISCIPLES.. And believers will bring a deeper understanding of everything Jesus had revealed about God to mankind. Mohammed never met Jesus or heard of His teachings.. And certainly doesn't relay them in the Quran.. So Mohammed cannot be the comforter.

what!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?

***sigh*** Jesus was a prophet... One of many titles found for Him in the Bible. Gods plan for mans salvation from Sin in the accepting of Jesus as saviour is complete. Jesus will still return in judgement on all the living and the dead.. Even the prophets and also Mohammed past, present and future none will escape this judgement. Then will be decided those who accepted Gods provision of a Saviour and those who denied Him.

Does a thief keep records of his theft ? He will clear it in few minutes not to be caught red handed. Both the people of the book blamed EVEN each other of COPYING the other's books untill the noble Quran came and cleared the Air giving a HONOURED title to them both '' people of the book '' so you started to call each others books as Old & New testaments or you were fighting like a snake and Mongoose and you act as if you do not know Muhammad (pbuh) and the Noble Quran , so that's why Allah has prepared the eternal fire for these ungratefull ones listed in the below verses

I pray to YHWH the God of Abraham and all the prophets who is a just and merciful God and above all most loving. I pray that God guides you to understand His justice, mercy and most of all His love.
    I second that prayer

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Figs View Post
    What's a comforter? I am not too knowledgeable on comparative religion. I know it's a dumb question.
    It's not a dumb question.. The Bible word in question in John 14 is "parakletos" which is greek and is translated as “Comforter” or “Counsellor” or "Advocate" properly means “one called to the side of another,”... counselling or supporting him. This Counselor, or Paraclete, or Comforter is shown to be the Holy Spirit in the Bible. He is a personal being who indwells every believer bringing understanding of God.

Odan
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1366 Post(s)

It's not a dumb question.. The Bible word in question in John 14 is "parakletos" which is greek and is translated as “Comforter” or “Counsellor” or "Advocate" properly means “one called to the side of another,”... counselling or supporting him. This Counselor, or Paraclete, or Comforter is shown to be the Holy Spirit in the Bible. He is a personal being who indwells every believer bringing understanding of God.
    Oh, okay. So the Comforter is God for you guys? Or a part of the Trinity? Since the Trinity is God, Son, and Holy Ghost (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, okay. So the Comforter is God for you guys? Or a part of the Trinity? Since the Trinity is God, Son, and Holy Ghost (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).
    Yep... That's about it.. Although it's not that a trinity is God but rather God is triune in nature.

Odan
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1366 Post(s)

Yep... That's about it.. Although it's not that a trinity is God but rather God is triune in nature.
    Oh, alright. I think many non-Christians have an idea that you guys believe that God is 3 in one one in 3, the Trinity.
    I never knew that the 3 were just attributes to God for you guys. Am I right?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, alright. I think many non-Christians have an idea that you guys believe that God is 3 in one one in 3, the Trinity.
    I never knew that the 3 were just attributes to God for you guys. Am I right?
    There can only be ONE God. All the Bible prophets knew this for a fact. Jesus taught there is ONE God. Ergo.. God is ONE. The Bible reveals that God is the sum of His word and His Spirit... The "trinity" is a man made concept best thought to describe the nature of God as God revealed Himself to be to mankind in the Bible scriptures. If I am to believe what Jesus taught about God.. That God is LOVE.. That all Gods attributes stem from His divine love.. Then the trinity makes perfect sense to me. How to perfectly demonstrate Gods loving nature, that God existed in an eternal community of love, by which all of creation is come into being.

I have often asked muslims how does the concept of Tawheed, Allah's absolute oneness allow for the demonstration of divine love. I have never got an answer... Except for the repetition of Suras that state God is One.. But we all know that, that fact has never been in dispute..

Absolute oneness is not found anywhere within creation.. God created man in His "image and likeness" so one could assume that creation as a whole would reflect this absolute oneness.. It does not, creation consists of plural unity in abundance.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

Yes one called to the side of the other , So the Prophet's called the people to the side of God from the side of Satan so he is called the COMFORTER or "parakletos" in Greek.

Arbed your window dressing i s good but you can't change the world known Fact that Christianity was influenced first by the Greeks to which your NT was translated first and the Greeks custom of taking God sires women to give offsprings which were called as son of God like Hercules's mother Sired by Jupieter
    and becomes son of god. Do not call Bart an atheist he became a agnostic after serving you ( Chrsitianity) for 30 years with more devotion than any other true Christian and he is a good unbiased person who do not accept to Lie which he founds in the roots of his religion

Your books still give testimony to it as some of your versions use the word '' begotten '' and some other use '' Unique'' and our Islamic records prove that also as there were four denominations calling Jesus a god, Sired son of God ONLY in Bahrain at 610 AD.

If you do not believe us your well reputed Bible Scholar Bart Erhman says the same that Chrisitians believed that God begot sired Mary as he walks and giggles eats calf eat & hot buns like Yahwh when he visits Sara to make her conceive her. The same story in the noble Quran says Allah created both Issac and Jesus by a word of ''command ' 'being above 7 skies & that's why the foretold COMFORTER Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came to '' GUIDE YOU TO ALL TRUTH as in John 16:13-15, .

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes one called to the side of the other , So the Prophet's called the people to the side of God from the side of Satan so he is called the COMFORTER or "parakletos" in Greek.

Arbed your window dressing i s good but you can't change the world known Fact that Christianity was influenced first by the Greeks to which your NT was translated first and the Greeks custom of taking God sires women to give offsprings which were called as son of God like Hercules's mother Sired by Jupieter
    and becomes son of god. Do not call Bart an atheist he became a agnostic after serving you ( Chrsitianity) for 30 years with more devotion than any other true Christian and he is a good unbiased person who do not accept to Lie which he founds in the roots of his religion

The New Testament was FIRST written in Greek. NOT translated to Greek. As for the rest of your comments .. Not worth a comment as its all be said before... Bart Erhman... Blah.. Blah etc.

Your books still give testimony to it as some of your versions use the word '' begotten '' and some other use '' Unique'' and our Islamic records prove that also as there were four denominations calling Jesus a god, Sired son of God ONLY in Bahrain at 610 AD.
    The word used is monogenes... Which more accurately translated to mean one and only... Unique..of its kind. That's why christians are disgusted and sickened when muslims refer to Jesus as Gods son implying biologically. Forgive me if I don't put to much faith in your Islamic records when it comes to interpreting Bible scripture.

If you do not believe us your well reputed Bible Scholar Bart Erhman says the same that Chrisitians believed that God begot sired Mary as he walks and giggles eats calf eat & hot buns like Yahwh when he visits Sara to make her conceive her. The same story in the noble Quran says Allah created both Issac and Jesus by a word of ''command ' 'being above 7 skies & that's why the foretold COMFORTER Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came to '' GUIDE YOU TO ALL TRUTH as in John 16:13-15, .
    how many times have I asked you ... Please DO NOT blaspheme the prophets or their wives!!! You are the only person I have ever heard say such a thing of Sarah, Abrahams wife. I'm going to spell this out for you once more... And although I don't like using capitals to get my point across as its deemed to be shouting ... On this point I feel there's a need..

THE MIRACLE OF SARAH AND THE BIRTH OF ISAAC IN HER ADVANCED YEARS.. WAS THE REJUVENATION OF HER AGED WOMB... THAT SHE MAY CONCEIVE ABRAHAM'S CHILD. ISAAC WAS THE CHILD OF ABRAHAM AND SARAH.. CONCEIVED THE NORMAL WAY BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE.

Also for the last time... Bart Erhman is your Bible scholar NOT mine. How about you look at the remaining points in my Op ... Below ..... and see if you can grasp how the comforter cannot be Mohammed.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

Spot on the trnity...paganism.
    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snow_flakes View Post
    ***Yawn*** Snowy.. Lass, come on. Change the record.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snow_flakes View Post
    ***Yawn*** Snowy.. Dear Lass, come on. Change the record.