Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters.

I just wanted to share my story why I converted to Shia islam. I have no disrespect towards my Sunni brothers and sisters. I only want to inform others why I became a Shia because I have been frequently asked by my Sunni friends this same question. I was raised as a Sunni, but later on in my life I started search into Shia Islam. I found many information about Shia Islam that I connected with and also made much more sense. Here is a quick intro for my conversion to Shia Islam. Basically I wanted to search into why we pray differently than our Shia brothers and sisters, and I found this video that completely shocked me. It's exaclty how I used to pray. So then I looked into history and everything made sense to me. Here is the video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuKifnxBs

Go to 3:01, thats when he begins to pray.

Inshallah I didn't offend anyone, I only wanted to explain my story. Many of my Sunni friends were very curious about my story so I thought of also sharing it online. I have more reasons for converting to Shia Islam, but the posture of prayer in the Sunni sect is just a very tiny and quick reason for my conversion.

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Re: Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Nah love you've become a fire worshipper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous_muslimah View Post
    Nah love you've become a fire worshipper
    Succinct lol
    Isa9, a sinner

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9312 Post(s)

Walikumsalaam,

I think you should also consider looking into their beliefs not just the way they pray, because they are wrong. I'm sorry.

Do you agree with torturing yourself during Ashura? Do you think Ali ra is the next leader?

I won't bother watching the video. I hope you soon realise this is a mistake. I would also like to warn you the majority on here are sunnis and they will tell you you're wrong. You need to start looking into real Islam, the Quran, the sahih hadiths
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's Zoroastrian not Shia!!!
    Isa9, a sinner

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isa9 View Post
    Succinct lol
    It's true thoughh,baffals me how someone can barely know the religion they 'converted to'. Islam to Zoroastrianism is a far stretch,don't ever compare the two in a sentence again please,extremely misleading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's true thoughh,baffals me how someone can barely know the religion they 'converted to'. Islam to Zoroastrianism is a far stretch,don't ever compare the two in a sentence again please,extremely misleading.
    Ok
    Isa9, a sinner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a generic story. 0/10 not even mildly interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sister, the video I just posted up is the way I used to pray (the Sunni way).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isa9 View Post
    It's Zoroastrian not Shia!!!
    I know brother, but thats almost identical to the Sunni prayer. I am not saying that is how Shia's pray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Walikumsalaam,

I think you should also consider looking into their beliefs not just the way they pray, because they are wrong. I'm sorry.

Do you agree with torturing yourself during Ashura? Do you think Ali ra is the next leader?

I won't bother watching the video. I hope you soon realise this is a mistake. I would also like to warn you the majority on here are sunnis and they will tell you you're wrong. You need to start looking into real Islam, the Quran, the sahih hadiths
    No I don't agree with that, and many other Shia's believe it is not right either. I believe that we should remember the Ahlulbayt, and remember what they sacrificed. Ashura is the time to gather together and spread their heroic story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Walikumsalaam,

I am 100% confident in becoming a Shia. I am not trying to attack you or anything Ya'sin, I am only sharing my story.
    Last edited by Mona123; 22-01-15 at 11:45 PM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Looooooool you are kidding right? Correction:muslims do not pray like that.I don't know what kind of prayers Shias do or what prayers you've been doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OP is a new kind of idiot. She says she was a sunni but then says she used to pray like a zoroastrian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a troll and not a very good one at that...
    The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vedtil View Post
    OP is a new kind of idiot. She says she was a sunni but then says she used to pray like a zoroastrian.
    Loool this is so comical, so she really used to light flames in the middle of prayer and move around? Your parents got some explaining to do.( Or simply youse a troll)

wal 'aqibatulil muttaqeen Uthman Ibn Afan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona123 View Post

I just wanted to share my story why I converted to Shia islam. I have no disrespect towards my Sunni brothers and sisters. I only want to inform others why I became a Shia because I have been frequently asked by my Sunni friends this same question. I was raised as a Sunni, but later on in my life I started search into Shia Islam. I found many information about Shia Islam that I connected with and also made much more sense. Here is a quick intro for my conversion to Shia Islam. Basically I wanted to search into why we pray differently than our Shia brothers and sisters, and I found this video that completely shocked me. It's exaclty how I used to pray. So then I looked into history and everything made sense to me. Here is the video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuKifnxBs

Inshallah I didn't offend anyone, I only wanted to explain my story. Many of my Sunni friends were very curious about my story so I thought of also sharing it online. I have more reasons for converting to Shia Islam, but the posture of prayer in the Sunni sect is just a very tiny and quick reason for my conversion.
    Is this a joke?
    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
    HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

are you kidding or what?
    \
    you left islam to pray like that?

i have prayed with shia, they dont pray like that (once, dont shoot me)

you left the guidance of Allah and His messenger to chant around fire?
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    Is this a joke?
    not even a funny one
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Brothers and sisters, please be respectful. Lets have a civilized debate, lets not attack each others sect. I am only showing you reasons why I became a Shia. If you want me to see a different side to things, do it in a respectful manner.

And wallah I am not a troll, I am only sharing what I learned.

Here is another video that I found while I was searching deeper into Sunni Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhKGPslPwwA

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Yeah i think it's clear an undercover Zoroastrian or Shia tried to tarnish ISLAM. Not even a nice try at that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sorry I posted the wrong video. Let me find the correct one

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who changed the thread title?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

To whoever changed the tittle, that was very rude and immature. The sunni community is not a welcoming one.

I will show more proof, just have some patience inshallah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's what I was wondering?
    Isa9, a sinner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It's disrespectful brother. I had no intention of attacking anyone. I was a Sunni, and I still have many Sunni friends. I am not attacking anyone wallah. That was not my intention the whole time.

The admin who changed it is not showing any Islamic manners.

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

To whoever changed the tittle, that was very rude and immature. The sunni community is not a welcoming one.

Change your name to majnoon,it's more suitable and don't use the word inshallah while you insult the way the prophet(peace be upon him) prayed,the sahabah prayed,ahlul bayt prayed,how muslims pray now in their millions in makkah as we speak and till the end of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Change your name to majnoon,it's more suitable and don't use the word inshallah while you insult the way the prophet(peace be upon him) prayed,the sahabah prayed,ahlul bayt prayed,how muslims pray now in their millions in makkah as we speak and till the end of time.
    Sister, why do you have so much hatred in your heart? If you want people to be guided aren't you supposed to show it in a respectful way? Why waste your time with arguments and hate? Did I insult you or call you names?

I came here because I thought it was a welcoming community. How wrong I was.

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Sister, why do you have so much hatred in your heart? If you want people to be guided aren't you supposed to show it in a respectful way? Why waste your time with arguments and hate? Did I insult you or call you names?

Lool Allah guides not me and i don't think you're genuine at all. You came here to mock Islam then ask why i'm offended? Why waste your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Reasons Why I Became a Fire Worshipper

:

I don't know how whipping yourself solves anything? If it is a means of forgiveness are the Shia not playing God?

Surely only Allah SWT has the right to punish us for our sins no one else... Especially in that manner?

I watched a YouTube video of the Shia just whipping themselves constantly even while their backs where bleeding...

Ask yourself logically, Allah SWT loves us, why would he tell us to do such things to ourselves?

and what's wrong with the way we Sunni pray now? I feel very connected to my salah Alhamdulilah, and in fact I'm very much looking forward to going to Jummah tomorrow to pray alongside my Sunni brothers.

Jummah Mubarak everyone, I think you should do a little more research sister, it's not too late to change your mind. Seek forgiveness, may Allah SWT guide you to the right path

Ameen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that's low. Someone's seriously abusing their mod powers. You need to learn how to tolerate other people's opinions and choices. You can't change people by offending them. But I doubt you have good intentions, some people just love accusing others of kufr. This is so immature. Relevant hadith:

Narrated Abu Dhar:

That he heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "If somebody accuses another of Fusuq (by calling him 'Fasiq' i.e. a wicked person) or accuses him of Kufr, such an accusation will revert to him (i.e. the accuser) if his companion (the accused) is innocent." Sahih al-Bukhari 6045

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I was going to show a page from the Quran that clearly mentioned something that opened my eyes. But I am afraid that the sisters and brothers here are going to attack me. I can't have a proper debate here.

I hope that the hatred in your hearts goes away, and may Allah only put happiness and forgiveness. Hatred only causes fitna and problems. Inshallah that you guys can see that.

Fee Aman Allah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're gonna get called a troll and ridiculed if you don't agree with the general opinion, sorry But also why leave sunni Islam?

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

I was going to show a page from the Quran that clearly mentioned something that opened my eyes. But I am afraid that the sisters and brothers here are going to attack me. I can't have a proper debate here.

I hope that the hatred in your hearts goes away, and may Allah only put happiness and forgiveness. Hatred only causes fitna and problems. Inshallah that you guys can see that.

Fee Aman Allah
    Loool you are really taking this too far,have a debate or whatever but for starters get the religion right. I'm out man,this thread is so ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    Wow, that's low. Someone's seriously abusing their mod powers. You need to learn how to tolerate other people's opinions and choices. You can't change people by offending them. But I doubt you have good intentions, some people just love accusing others of kufr. This is so immature. Relevant hadith:
    Brother, I wasn't going to attack anyone. My intentions was only to show what I have found during my research. I told my Sunni friends about why I converted to Shia Islam and none of them were offended. We only had a nice debate thats all. I would never insult any sect. I know how hurtful that can be. That's not what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) would have done.

It really made me sad when I saw that my title was changed. It hurts to see how our Muslim community is changing.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missmirah02 View Post
    Who changed the thread title?

It's disrespectful brother. I had no intention of attacking anyone. I was a Sunni, and I still have many Sunni friends. I am not attacking anyone wallah. That was not my intention the whole time.

The admin who changed it is not showing any Islamic manners.
    i changed the title

what "shia islam" is that?

the man was praying towards, to, in front of fire

where is this in islam?

it is YOU who are disrespectful, we dont tolerate people who besmirch our religion, if you found this "religion" to be of your liking, enjoy

but dont bring that crap here
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Brother, I wasn't going to attack anyone. My intentions was only to show what I have found during my research. I told my Sunni friends about why I converted to Shia Islam and none of them were offended. We only had a nice debate thats all. I would never insult any sect. I know how hurtful that can be. That's not what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) would have done.

It really made me sad when I saw that my title was changed. It hurts to see how our Muslim community is changing.
    you left islam to worship fire and you are "hurt to see how our muslim community is changing"? are you for real?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

You know what? This forum sickens me sometimes and shows everything wrong with the ummah today. You're harsh against you're own but when someone is blatantly mocking your deen you act all compassionate. How did i get reported told to work on my adhab when the OP(with whatever version of Islam she's apparently 'followed') is mocking the way we pray acting all naive. Spare me the crap.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missmirah02 View Post
    You're gonna get called a troll and ridiculed if you don't agree with the general opinion, sorry But also why leave sunni Islam?
    no

not general opinion

just islam

the sister comes and says "reasons why i became shia" was bad enough

then she posts this video of a guy praying to fire

gimme a break
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    you left islam to worship fire and you are "hurt to see how our muslim community is changing"? are you for real?
    She didn't leave Islam to worship fire,i couldn't care less if she did. Allah would deal with her. She's saying that's how Sunni's pray like