Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,760 of 3813

QUOTES - Add your Favourites here!

Asalamu alaykum,

O ye who believe! Be ye staunch in justice, witnesses for Allah, even though it be against yourselves or (your) parents or (your) kindred, whether (the case be of) a rich man or a poor man, for Allah is nearer unto both (them ye are). So follow not passion lest ye lapse (from truth) and if ye lapse or fall away, then lo! Allah is ever Informed of what ye do.

The Holy Qur'an 4;135

Re: QUOTES - Add your Favourites here!

"Yesterday I was clever, so I thought I could change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." ~ Rumi
    "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
    He who aspires to paradise should learn to deal with people with kindness

Abu Bakr as Siddique radhiAllahu anhu
    Lol, I don't see a lot of kindness on this forum. They are all SO rude, it's unbelievable.

Account Disabled.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest." [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Al Muslim]

At times the mind wonders; if the difficulties in life were absent, would one call unto Him as much as one does currently? It is often stated that absence makes the heart grows fonder; thus when it feels that He has left us, we yearn for His presence.. surely, gratefulness should be displayed for these trials? Surely, these trials are blessings in disguise?
    Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Here is the advice from Al-Hasan Al-Basri as asked by the fifth rightfully guided Caliph Omar Ibn Abd Al-Aziz: Can you compose a summary of the meaning of the dunya and the akhira?

‎'The dunya is but a dream and the akhira is the state of wakefulness and death is in between and we are in a day dream.
    Whoever takes account for his actions has won and whoever forgets to has lost.
    Whoever thinks of the consequences (of his actions) is saved from the Hellfire, whoever follows his desires is lost.
    Whoever vies for constant perseverance in patience has won and whoever is fearful of Allah is safeguarded (from the Hellfire).
    Whoever thinks over things has understood and whoever has understood has gained knowledge and whoever has gained knowledge should put this into practice.

If you make a mistake, stop and go back to the right path, and if you regret (what you have done), avoid what you were doing, and if you don't know, ask. And if you become angry, compose yourself."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5W96m4Pfo&NR=1
    You are saying," I belong to Allaah as a servant and I am going to return to Him". So whoever knows that he belongs to Allaah as a servant and that he will return to Him, then he should know that he will be stopped. And whoever knows that he will be stopped, then he should know that he will be questioned. And whoever knows that he will be questioned, then let him prepare an answer for the question.

"Just as the rooh gives life to the body, the Qur’an gives life to hearts and souls. With it, the heart lives to rectify its affairs of the dunya and deen."

Shaykh Abu Abdur Rahman Nasir as Sa'di.

Account Disabled.

"Depression is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign that you have been trying be strong for too long."

"To all those suffering from sadness or depression, know that it isn’t your fault. It isn’t because you’re weak. It isn’t because you’re just not grateful enough. It isn’t because you’re just not religious enough. It isn’t because you don’t have enough faith. It isn’t because Allah is angry with you. To all the well-meaning people who tell you this, just smile. And know deep in your heart that the tests of Allah come in different forms to different people. And know that, by the help of Allah, every test can become a tool to get closer to Him. And that, "verily with hardship come ease" [Quran 94:5] and like all things of this world, this too shall pass.."

Imaam ash Shafi'ee said: 'Oh he who is busy with his dunya! Whom illusions of a long lifetime have deluded. Verily death arrives suddenly, And the grave is a collection-box of actions'
    7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD]

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
    Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him

Account Disabled.

"Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me."
    - Imam Al-Ghazali

If your intention in seeking knowledge is between God Most High and yourself and not merely to gain information, then rejoice! The Angels will spread out their wings for you while you walk, and the creatures in the sea will ask God to pardon you.”

- Imam Al’Ghazali in his Bidaya al Hidaya

"The same rebellion, the same impatience, the same anger that exists in the hearts of the dark people in Africa and Asia is existing in the hearts and minds of 20 million black people in this country who have been just as thoroughly colonized as the people in Africa and Asia." - Malcolm X

"America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, and even eaten with people who in America would have been considered white, but the white attitude was removed from their minds by the religion of Islam. I have never before seen sincere and true brotherhood practiced by all together, irrespective of their color." - Malcolm X

"For the freedom of my 22 million black brothers and sisters here in America, I do believe that I have fought the best that I know how, and the best that I could, with the shortcomings that I have had...I know that societies often have killed people who have helped to change those societies. And if I can die having brought any light, having exposed any meaningful truth that will help destroy the racist cancer that is malignant in the body of America then, all of the credit is due to Allah. Only the mistakes have been mine." - Malcolm X

Verily, you are the sun, and the other kings are the stars: for when the sun rises, no star in the sky is visible - An-Nabighah

Account Disabled.

He Who has created all things in the best possible way. He commenced the creation of man from clay; then produced his seed from an extract of base fluid; then formed him and breathed His Spirit into him and gave you hearing, sight and hearts. What little thanks you show! (Surat al-Sajda: 7-9)

Among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and the variety of your languages and colours. There are certainly Signs in that for every being. (Surat ar-Rum: 22)

Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in Allah's sight is the one with the most piety (who best performs his duty to Allah). Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Surat al-Hujurat: 13)

Account Disabled.

'Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet of Allah (upon him be peace) said, "If they are three, two of them should not carry on a conversation from which the third is excluded, for surely that will be distressing to him." (Bukhari)

'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet of Allah (upon him be peace) used very often to pray in the following manner, "O Allah! I ask You for good health, for trust, for self-control, for good manners, and to be satisfied with the divine decree." (Bukhari)

"A sin may put a man in paradise, a good deed may put him in the hell fire."

كفى بك عزا أنك له عبدا ::: وكفى بك فخرا أنه لك رب
    ‎"It is enough of an honour for you that you are His slave,
    And it is enough of a boast for you that He is your Lord."

-Arab poet
    Last edited by tabasam; 31-03-12 at 11:19 AM.
    You are saying," I belong to Allaah as a servant and I am going to return to Him". So whoever knows that he belongs to Allaah as a servant and that he will return to Him, then he should know that he will be stopped. And whoever knows that he will be stopped, then he should know that he will be questioned. And whoever knows that he will be questioned, then let him prepare an answer for the question.

Account Disabled.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    (Albert Einstein)

truth. beauty. justice

Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said, "Be avid for that which benefits you. Rely on Allah and do not deem yourself incapable." (Muslim)

"Act kindly towards women, for they were created from a rib and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it you will break it, if you leave it alone it will remain crooked: so act kindly towards women.

"Who are the learned? They who practise what they know."

“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator”

“Action expresses priorities.”

“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.”

“Live as if you are going to die tomorrow. Learn as though you are going to live forever.”

Account Disabled.

"When she is a daughter, she opens a door of Jannah for her father. When she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. When she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet...If everyone knew the true status of a muslim women in Islaam, even the men would want to be women." [Shiekh Akram Nadawi]

"If you knew the true value of yourself, you will never allow yourself to be humiliated by committing sins." -Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah {rahimahullah}

Quote Originally Posted by {f~h} View Post
    "When she is a daughter, she opens a door of Jannah for her father. When she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. When she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet...If everyone knew the true status of a muslim women in Islaam, even the men would want to be women." [Shiekh Akram Nadawi]
    Mashallha

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.

Bernard Paul Heroux.

Al-Hasan al-Basri said: “Whoever is aware and knows his Rabb, he will love him.”
    7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD]

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
    Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him

An old man told his son about a battle that goes on inside people. He said: "Son, there is a battle between 2 wolves inside us all. One is Evil - it is Anger, Envy, Jealousy, Sorrow, Regret, Greed, Guilt, Lies and Ego. The other one is Good - it is Joy, Peace, Love, Serenity, Humanity, Kindness, Faith, Compassion, Truth and Hope." The Son asked his Father: "Which wolf wins?" The Old man replied: "The one you feed.

“All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge. And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds. And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere. And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shaafi`i

"The reward of the evil is the evil thereof, but whosoever forgives and makes amends, his reward is upon Allah."

Qur'an (42.40)

Account Disabled.

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said "Every Muslim is the brother of a Muslim, he should neither harm him, nor should he leave him alone when others treat him unjustly (he should help him). Whoever will fulfil the need of a fellow brother, Allah will fulfil his need, and whoever removes the distress of a fellow Muslim, Allah will remove his distress on the Day of Judgement, and whoever will hide (keep secret) the faults (and shame) of a fellow Muslim, Allah will keep his sins secr'et on the Day of Account."

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said "Do not be suspicious, for suspicion is the height of falsehood, nor bear a grudge or enmity against each other, nor be jealous of each other, nor indulge in backbiting nor dig into secrets of one another, nor try to (unreasonably) excel one another, but 0 Bondmen of Allah! Live like brothers as the Lord has commanded."

"I don’t smoke but I keep a match box in my pocket. When my heart slips towards sin, I burn a match stick and heat my palm with it. Then I say to myself: ‘Ali, you can’t even bear this heat, then how would you bear the unbearable heat of hell?'" - Muhammad Ali

But as for the unjust, they will be, for Hell, firewood. --- Suratul Jinn. 72:15
    Shaykh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah wrote: "I have forgiven those who have lied about me and treated me unjustly." (al-'Uqud, p. 265)

Love two People in this world the most:

1- The one who has given birth to you.

2- The one who has taken birth just for you.

‎"All the water in the ocean could never sink a ship unless the water gets inside. Likewise, all the pressures of life can never hurt you unless you let it in."

Account Disabled.

"The stronger the faith you have the more difficult the tests/trials you will face, but if you see the hidden blessings of the difficult trials then you have the potential to increase your wisdom, increase your faith and develop your personal character, so be happy when Allah SWT tests you with difficulties as he has given you an opportunity to get closer to him through the trials. Allah is the Most Wise." {faith~heals}

دع الأيام تفعل ما تشاء *** وطب نفسا إذا حكم القضاء
    ولا تجزع لحادثة الليالي *** فما لحوادث الدنيا بقاء

Let the days do as they please. And be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of nights past. For the events of this world were not meant to last. - Imam Shafi'ee ♥
    http://fajr.wordpress.com/2009/11/02/let-days-go-forth/

Account Disabled.

The Prophet (Sallalaahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said "If you don’t have shame, do as you wish". [Bukhari]

The Prophet (sallalaahu alaihi wa sallam) said “Whoever has an atoms worth of kibr (pride) in his heart will not enter Paradise.” So a man asked: “What about a person who loves (i.e. takes pride in) wearing beautiful clothes and beautiful shoes?” So he replied: “Indeed Allaah is beautiful and loves beauty. Kibr (pride) is to reject the truth, and to despise the people.” [Muslim]

Account Disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by shan e Aisha View Post
    When Umar bin Al-Khattab (RA) despatched the army of Saad bin Abi Waqqas (RA) to the Battle of Al-Qadisiyyah, he advised him: “Fear your sins more than you fear the enemy as your sins are more dangerous to you than your enemy. We Muslims are only victorious over our enemy because their sins outnumber ours, not for any other reason. If our sins were equal to those of our enemy, then they would defeat us due to their superior numbers and resources.”

Account Disabled.

Go out in the world and work like money doesn't matter, Sing as if no one is listening, Love as if you have never been hurt, and Dance as if no one is watching

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for something you are not."

"The most important opinion you have is the one you have of yourself, and the most significant things you say all day are those things you say to yourself."

“If you find yourself getting distant from Allah, ask yourself, who is it that moved?”
    -Muhammad Alshareef

Allah gives and forgives, man gets and forgets.
    Al-Hijamah (cupping) is the best remedy. (Al-Bukhari)
    http://www.alhijamah.com
    http://forum.alhijamah.com

Odan

"I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest." Troy

Dua is a perfume to the soul,
    its a sweet aroma that please Allah swt,
    may its frgrance be with you through out your life
    and dont wonder why Allah swt doesn't grant all our wishes immediately,
    but thank Allah swt that he doesn't punish us immediatley for our mistakes.

Account Disabled.

And she certainly determined [to seduce] him, and he would have inclined to her had he not seen the proof of his Lord. And thus [it was] that We should avert from him evil and immorality, for he was one of Our servants, sincere and purified.” (Qur’an, 12:24)