Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

New Addition to the Moderating Team

Assalamualaykum

We are please to announce Darul Ilm an extra moderator the the Moderation team, some of you may have already noticed recently his been acting like a "Mini Mod" recently but we have upgraded him to a full mod

As well as being a prominent member of Ummah Forum since 2008 as another user, he is also a Scholar and Aalim and is also the Ummah Radio Presenter of the Weekly Question and Answer programmes as well as hosting other shows such as Tafsir, Seerah and Arabic Classes

He started his Maktab studies in 1992 at Madressa Faizul Maseeh in Malabar under the late Moulana Goolam Ansar Mia Rahimahullaah, and was entered into the Hifdh class by Qari Mas’ood Mewati when the Madrasah’s name was changed to Madressa Maseehul Uloom, from there he went on to study at Madrassah Taleemuddin and Darul Uloom Abu Bakr, completing finally in 2003 at Masjidul Fuqara under Qari Abdur Raheem Hathiya.

He then went on to study the `Aalim course from 2003-2012 at Al-Madrasatur Rasheediyyah, followed by the Iftaa course, and completed it under the tutelage of Mufti Rashid Moosagie.

Some of his teachers include: Moulana Hussein Muhammad, Moulana Muhammad Shafee, Hafiz Adnaan Ebrahim, Moulana Nazeem Moosagie, Hafiz Hassen Desai, Moulana Arif Khan, Moulana Yusuf Bemath, Moulana Farouk Dyanopu, Shaykh Abdul Azeez Al-Hilowle, and many others.

He began teaching Arabic at Al-Madrasatur Rasheediyyah in 2012, and then expanded to include the Darse Nizami syllabus books on `Aqeedah, Hadeeth, Fiqh, Tafseer, Usool and Mustalahul Hadeeth.

He also started conducting classes through Paltalk from 2013, teaching Arabic and Hadeeth, until those classes stopped due to technical difficulties. The classes then resumed on Ummah Radio in 2013 with a wider variety of topics, including Tajweed, `Aqeedah, Hadeeth, Fiqh, Mustalahul Hadeeth, Arabic, Tafseer and also a class for live Questions & Answers.

He added a Fatwaa section to his blog http://darulilm.wordpress.com to easily facilitate responding to the queries of people.

This also helps us quite a bit having a Scholar joining us on the team who can help guide us inshallah

Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

Re: New Addition to the Moderating Team

nice, you didn't cramp my style
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Indeed all praise is due to Allaah, we praise Him, we seek His aid and forgiveness, and we seek the protection of Allaah from the evils of our souls and from our evil actions, whomsoever Allaah guides none can misguide, and whoever He misguides none can guide, and I bear witness that there is no God but Allaah alone without any partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam) is His slave and messenger, may abundant salutations and peace of Allaah be upon him and his family and companions.

Firstly, to sajid and the rest of the team, i would like to say Jazaakumullaahu khayr for accepting me to work with you.

As for the users, my message to you is:

I have been tested with this amaanah of moderating your posts, it is a heavy trust, and I have been appointed as a guardian over you, I neither am the best of you nor am I better than any of you.

So if you see me on the truth, then assist me. And if you see me on falsehood, then advise me and correct me. And obey me as long as I obey Allaah regarding you, but if I disobey Him, then there is no obedience for you to me.

I say this, and I seek the forgiveness of Allaah for myself and yourselves.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

-------------------------
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)

Good move, alhamdulillah.

Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post

Indeed all praise is due to Allaah, we praise Him, we seek His aid and forgiveness, and we seek the protection of Allaah from the evils of our souls and from our evil actions, whomsoever Allaah guides none can misguide, and whoever He misguides none can guide, and I bear witness that there is no God but Allaah alone without any partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam) is His slave and messenger, may abundant salutations and peace of Allaah be upon him and his family and companions.

Firstly, to sajid and the rest of the team, i would like to say Jazaakumullaahu khayr for accepting me to work with you.

As for the users, my message to you is:

I have been tested with this amaanah of moderating your posts, it is a heavy trust, and I have been appointed as a guardian over you, I neither am the best of you nor am I better than any of you.

So if you see me on the truth, then assist me. And if you see me on falsehood, then advise me and correct me. And obey me as long as I obey Allaah regarding you, but if I disobey Him, then there is no obedience for you to me.

I say this, and I seek the forgiveness of Allaah for myself and yourselves.
    Wa alaykum asalam

welcome to the team.

so today is your training day, happy to take you under my tutelage and impart my decade of moderating wisdom.

Anyway, offer is there, but think you are getting a bit too serious .. not really that much of a deal.My philosophy is, chill and let chill as long as forum rules aren't broken
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Welcome to the Team.

Alhumdollilah its a fantastic addition and should be very positive for the forum and its users. Looking forward to your input in the heated debates we mods have!

May Allah swt accept all your efforts in His path.

I never had no induction or no training.......NOT FAIR!
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
    Wa alaykum asalam

welcome to the team.

so today is your training day, happy to take you under my tutelage and impart my decade of moderating wisdom.

Anyway, offer is there, but think you are getting a bit too serious .. not really that much of a deal.My philosophy is, chill and let chill as long as forum rules aren't broken
    I've learnt much from watching you all over the years, but since i was never part of the council of elrond there is still much for me to learn, so i hope to woork well with you guys.

I'm not too serious, people are just afraid of me for some weird reason when i'm just an ordinary person like you.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

The Original Green One Grotbags's Avatar
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Welcome to the team brother

Grotbags
    Some of The Best Dhikr

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward: You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty.”)

Reward: A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. Alhamdulillah (“All praise is for Allah.”)

Reward: Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbar “I praise Allah (or All Praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is for Allah. This is no deity worthy of worship besides Allah. Allah is Great.”

Reward: This combination of dhikr is the one most beloved by Allah, subhana wa ta’ala. When you say them, sins fall off of you like leaves off of trees.

5. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (“There is no power or might except (by) Allah.”)

Reward: You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34). Can be recited after salah and before you go to bed/sleep. (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is to Allah. Allah is Great.”)

Reward: We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. Astaghfirullah (“I seek Allah’s forgiveness.”)

Reward: You will get protection from Allah’s punishment. In Surah Nuh, ayah 10-12, Allah relates the story of Prophet Nuh and how he instructed his people to seek Allah’s forgiveness. If they would just say “astagfirullah,” Allah would sent them rain in abundance, and increase their wealth and children, and give them gardens and rivers in Paradise.

8. Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward: When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grotbags View Post

Grotbags
    Jazaakillaahu khayr.

You're not green anymore?
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Jazaakillaahu khayr.

You're not green anymore?
    Green meant i stuck out like a sore thumb, so switched to good ol' neutral black.

Grotbags
    Some of The Best Dhikr

Reward: You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty.”)

Reward: A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbar “I praise Allah (or All Praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is for Allah. This is no deity worthy of worship besides Allah. Allah is Great.”

Reward: This combination of dhikr is the one most beloved by Allah, subhana wa ta’ala. When you say them, sins fall off of you like leaves off of trees.

5. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (“There is no power or might except (by) Allah.”)

Reward: You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34). Can be recited after salah and before you go to bed/sleep. (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is to Allah. Allah is Great.”)

Reward: We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

Reward: You will get protection from Allah’s punishment. In Surah Nuh, ayah 10-12, Allah relates the story of Prophet Nuh and how he instructed his people to seek Allah’s forgiveness. If they would just say “astagfirullah,” Allah would sent them rain in abundance, and increase their wealth and children, and give them gardens and rivers in Paradise.

Reward: When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Green meant i stuck out like a sore thumb, so switched to good ol' neutral black.

Grotbags
    I think it's more your display pic that makes you stand out than your name's colour.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Grotbags
    You are still my sunshine....about time you did some modding. Lazy!!
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I think it's more your display pic that makes you stand out than your name's colour.
    Thank you for the compliment, i am very proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    You are still my sunshine....about time you did some modding. Lazy!!

I do more than you that's for sure. Darul ilm, if you need modding tips, be sure not to go to Jenicca.

Grotbags
    Some of The Best Dhikr

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Have you had a makeover in your absence Grots, you're looking a lot younger these days!
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Have you had a makeover in your absence Grots, you're looking a lot younger these days!
    Mushier and friendlier too.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Mushier and friendlier too.
    Can you both stop saying awful things about me, that is mean.

Back to topic.

Grotbags
    Some of The Best Dhikr

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Can you both stop saying awful things about me, that is mean.

Back to topic.

Grotbags
    I was being nice to you......, there is no pleasing some people on this forum

Did you get married, is that why you were away for so long?
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

^^ This is public btw you guys lol - not admin forum

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Wow, Mod talk,
    Hello hello.

So tell me people hows the decision making table these days

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    ^^ This is public btw you guys lol - not admin forum
    Yeah, I received a complaint saying Jenicca and grotbags were freemixing with each other in this thread.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Grotbags
    this MUST be big news, it got grumps out of the closet

welcome abu musab

i always thought you were a mod all this time

بارك الله فيك
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    this MUST be big news, it got grumps out of the closet

welcome abu musab

i always thought you were a mod all this time

بارك الله فيك
    Jazaakallaahu Khayr.

You know i've got something in common with both you and grotbags.

She's called grumps and so was i.

You're called abu m and so am i.

So i always get confused when people use the term cos i don't know if it's referring to me or not.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Yeah, I received a complaint saying Jenicca and grotbags were freemixing with each other in this thread.
    Grotbags in my sunshine
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

Jazaakallaahu Khayr.

You know i've got something in common with both you and grotbags.

She's called grumps and so was i.

You're called abu m and so am i.

So i always get confused when people use the term cos i don't know if it's referring to me or not.
    i have always hated the name Grotsbag for reasons i will not elaborate, so i always called her grumps (she has always been grumpy)

YOU are NOT AbuM, keep that in mind, though i have been called A bum by many
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية