Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Can you ask this from a Scholar , Please ? jzk

Asalam alaikum Brothers & Sisters,

I have been wondering for a long time what this Verse of this Quran means.

Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat At-Tawbah, verse (31), what can be translated as, "They took their priests and their monks as their gods instead of Allah and also the Christ, the son of Mariam. And they have not been ordered but to worship the one God. There is no god except Him. Glorious and high is He above what they associate with Him."

And here is explanation from a hadith itself which should be sufficient :

Adi Bin Hatim came to the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.), wondering about this verse. Adi said to the Prophet that they (meaning the people of the book) did not worship their (priests and monks). The Prophet (S.A.W.) replied: "Yes, they (meaning the priests and monks) forbade what was lawful, and allowed what was forbidden, then they (meaning the people of the book) followed them. That is the their worship to them."

So does that mean Quran and hadith are enough to Judge or Is it a Must to ask a Mufti's as its widely Publicised & Recommended for everything, everywhere ? but If I listen to a Mufti, does it mean I have taken him as my God ? How to BALANCE this ? Please Clear my Desperate Confusion.

Kindly explain with an example PLEASE.

Jazakallah khair

Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2714 Post(s)

Re: Can you ask this from a Scholar , Please ? jzk

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post

Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat At-Tawbah, verse (31), what can be translated as, "They took their priests and their monks as their gods instead of Allah and also the Christ, the son of Mariam. And they have not been ordered but to worship the one God. There is no god except Him. Glorious and high is He above what they associate with Him."

Adi Bin Hatim came to the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.), wondering about this verse. Adi said to the Prophet that they (meaning the people of the book) did not worship their (priests and monks). The Prophet (S.A.W.) replied: "Yes, they (meaning the priests and monks) forbade what was lawful, and allowed what was forbidden, then they (meaning the people of the book) followed them. That is the their worship to them."

So does that mean Quran and hadith are enough to Judge or Is it a Must to ask a Mufti's as its widely Publicised & Recommended for everything, everywhere ? but If I listen to a Mufti, does it mean I have taken him as my God ? How to BALANCE this ? Please Clear my Desperate Confusion.

Jazakallah khair
    Well, if a Mufti tells you something which is Shirk and makes things halal or haram when God and His Messenger (PBUH) have not and you accept it blindly then yes you have taken them as your Lord.

But if the Mufti does not do this then there is nothing wrong in taking from them.

Also do not forget the Hadith

Narrated Abu Sa`id:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors so completely and literally that if they should go into the hole of a mastigure, you too will go there." We said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Do you mean the Jews and the Christians?" He replied, "Whom else?" (Meaning, of course, the Jews and the Christians.) [Sahih Bukhari]

This shows that we will do what they did and that we will have scholars who did what their scholars did. So, you have to judge statements or take from someone who is reputed to offer only those statements which are in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Jazakallah for your thoughts. I am thinking about 'Grey' Area things like shaving see the link below what this sheik says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d95_pYj6NiA

Also things like eating Crab, when Its said All sea food is allowed , ladies going to the grave yard etc etc, Ladies not allowed in masjids in India

and Hadith like these ones adds to my confusions

Abu Dhar said, "I was with the Prophet (SAW) one day and I heard him saing: "There is something I fear for my Ummah than the Dajjal." It was then that I became afraid, so I said: " Oh Rasool Allah! Which thing is that?" He (SAW) said; "Misguided and astray scholars''

Recorded in Musnad Imam Ahmad (no.21,334 and no.21,335). Sheikh Shu'ayb al Arna'ut graded it sahih li ghayri
    (authentic due to corroborating narrations) in his tahqiq of the Musnad (1999 ed., 35:21,296-97).

and

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 651 :
    Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri
    The Prophet said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

So whom to believe & follow and whom not ?

How to choose a scholar ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_QQue_gc-k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brother talibilm09,

You raised a very very important issue. Frankly speaking, I have been facing the same problems quite often and sometimes it just makes me cry. I cannot help you much in this regard. But I can suggest one thing,

1. Read Qur'aan
    2. Read and follow only Sahih Hadith
    3. Read Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Now if you find any difference between a sheikh or mufti's explanation and these sources that I've mentioned already, follow those sources. And even after that if you are confused about any matter, try to figure out which is more recommended by most of the schools.

Allaah is with everyone. If your heart seeks for the straight path, He will guide your heart Insha Allaah.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    Brother talibilm09,

You raised a very very important issue. Frankly speaking, I have been facing the same problems quite often and sometimes it just makes me cry. I cannot help you much in this regard. But I can suggest one thing,

1. Read Qur'aan
    2. Read and follow only Sahih Hadith
    3. Read Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Now if you find any difference between a sheikh or mufti's explanation and these sources that I've mentioned already, follow those sources. And even after that if you are confused about any matter, try to figure out which is more recommended by most of the schools.

Allaah is with everyone. If your heart seeks for the straight path, He will guide your heart Insha Allaah.
    Assalamalaikum,

I am a strict Hanafi with a fist sized Beard sometimes during asar If I happened to go to shafi masjids am pushed in front to lead the prayer as Imaam but I always refuse saying am ready to follow a shafi imaam but I cannot lead because I am hanafi my timings of asar has not yet come so I follow hanafi in most of all but sice I read quran verses atleast four I shall list them later inshallah from which i come to know saying Haram or Halal could be done only By Allah swt and his nabi its a VERY SERIOUS ISSUE now people are Using the HARAM GUN & KAFIR GUN like a Machine gun, nauzubillah may this was the reason in the last signs of Qiyamat says people will be a believer in the morning and a kafir in the evening ( or Night) because takfir Gun makes us akafir however Imaan we have we become Kafir if we had wrongly called as a believer a Kafir so we are back to square one, that is you lost all your good deeds of the past, Nauzubillah similar to all the sins being washed away when you recite your shahda for first time, let me continue later inshallah. May allah swt guide us from Fitnas of the signs of the hour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Assalamalaikum
    وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

bump for a related thread
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Whoever has to ask this question, shouldn't be answering other people's questions about Islam.

Today a "Mufti" is not the same as a "scholar". After 5 years, a person can be called a "scholar" and then there is the "Madinah graduate" phenomena.

It's a joke, frankly.

A "Mufti" is simply a person who knows enough about Islam to quote the opinion of someone else and not enough to actually derive an opinion from the proofs of Islam for himself [although a lot of times they try].

A "Mufti" is not an authority in Islam by any stretch, but rather a living reference for an illiterate layperson who has no other recourse for knowing Islam.

A Fatwa is not transferable from person to person and the Mustafti, or person who receives a Fatwa, is not allowed to enforce the Fatwa they receive on anyone else. Again, that doesn't stop people from trying.

People who must refer to Fatawa or Muftis for their information about Islam have no business relating Tafsir, explanations of Hadith or legal rulings in Islam. Yet again, that doesn't stop people from doing so.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Lol, Arrogance & jahilness at its Peak , When some of these misguided ones never understand a questioners question nor give a right reply saying they do not need a reply since they do not know what to reply.

A test for a Muslim from the Shaitans of this ummah. Iblis was also most knowledgeable but he his arrogance took him to the lowest of the low. But how about those who pretend knowledgeable and use many many terms only in Arabic ''in this English Forum'' just to show off their fake knowledge which is nt useful for them or others.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 21-09-17 at 03:09 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuNajm View Post
    Whoever has to ask this question, shouldn't be answering other people's questions about Islam.Muslim .
    Bro, First you should have NOT REMOVED my name in the quote your post #8 which only depicts your ill intention so that i do not read it (since this a more than 3 years old thread am not going to note it anymore ) or it just a back stab ? with your reply of ignorance of top degree ( though you claim to be knowledgeable but you did not answer this questions for the past few days in post #14 here )

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Sheikh-Albani.

But uttering your above ''SILLY'" words you had dumped many of The Glorious Quran verses which encourage to discuss ( this was advised by Allah EVEN to Prophet !!! do you know that verse ? ) and advise each other (like Sura al Asr) and forbid evil and enjoin good & hadiths which again reiterate to pass our known knowledge to others like the last greatest Sermon ( The hajjatul wada ) and forbid evil and enjoin good from many sahih hadith.

Even a 8th grade student will never utter such words that come from someone who spews a tons of Arabic words . similarly you had dumped all the glorious Quran verses about peace from a single verse so called ''verse of the sword'' with no authentic proofs (a thread before two years http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...rse-9-5-say-So ) and quoting it out of context and suting your extream ideas and agenda. If you are speaking the truth why are still lingering on the ummah ? instead you must be at the appropriate place of your thoughts in the battle field . So You Preach what you do not do yourselves which Allah hates too much ( Glorious Quran)

1) You should understand the Questioner's Q what he is really asking about ? by seeing others reply (Zeeshan's reply) and my counter reply/Q in post # 3

2)To be wise you should see the time when I had asked the Q. which already has the answer in itself with a corroborating hadith

3) you should never delete my name in your answer and need be afraid of counter attack if your intention was good or if you had given your answer with at least some deliberation in the light of Quran and hadith.
    I know you will quote the verse which says not to speak without knowledge but where did I reply anyone without any knowledge of the subject or daleel of our books ?

kindly bear in mind this hadith and try to do which is beneficial for the Ummah and do not MONOPOLISE Islam only to Arabs & Scholars, remember that only about within 2000 prophets (correct me here) were around the Middle east and the rest of more than 100,000 were sent in different (non Arab) languages and hadith says the last fitna of being thrown into hell will arise from Arabic Speaking people ( Hudhaifa al Yamman Hadith) so be careful !! that you misguide people and if ever one has to be a Scholar before he utters anything about Islam prophet would not have said this in his hajjatul wadha or the last haj , sermons

Prophet said: ''................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    '' I leave behind me two things, the Quran and the Sunnah (Hadith), and if you follow these you will never go astray. All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listened to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people ''

@abun , kindly reply were all those 120,000 + sahabas attending this Greatest Sermon , were all Scholars there ? all knew islam 100 % when some could have just embraced a month ot two before ??
    Last edited by talibilm09; 26-09-17 at 09:31 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

@AbuNajm

substantiating my above statements FROM THE ESTEEMED SCHOLAR OF MUSLIMS OF EXTREME ISLAM

Shaikh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen Rahimahullah said:“When a person has knowledge and insight into that which he is calling to, then there is no difference between the one who has a great amount of knowledge, or a student of knowledge who has recently started in pursuit of knowledge or a lay personas long as he has certain knowledge of the issue at hand.''

and MORE HADITH

The Prophet said: “Convey from me, even if it is one verse.” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree]

So it is not a condition upon the da`ee (the one calling) to attain a great amount of knowledge, but the condition is that one must have knowledge of what one is calling to. And Knowledge the Quality it counts since that's why Prophet made dua Allah to save us from the knowledge that is n't beneficial as most of the extreme brothers do leaving out Quran, hadiths, Sahabas, tabeien and tabe tabeein but celebrate opinions from the later scholars even hijacking them to suit their own agendas ,
    Last edited by talibilm09; 30-09-17 at 09:28 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Jazakallah khair
    waalaikumsalam wr. Wb

Bismillah,
    The source of Islamic Law:
    1. Al-quran
    2. Hadits Shahih. Hadits explain the al-quran and also explain which is not in the al-quran. Like how to salah, etc. (The detail is in hadits not in al-quran). Or about salah sunah. Most of the salah sunnah is in the hadits except tahajud if im not mistaken.
    3. Ijma ulama. All of things which is not in the al-quran and hadits is the ulama jobs to make fatwa about it. If the ulama make fatwa which is already explained in the al-quran and hadits, then his fatwa is not falid.

There is no such a thing as balance with god and the mufti (ulama). The source of the law is what really matter.

If you already understand the explanation of certain thing in alquran and hadits, you dont need to ask the mufti. You can ask it anyway to make it sure.

AllahuAlam
    Last edited by rahmat89; 10-11-17 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahmat89 View Post
    waalaikumsalam wr. Wb

Bismillah,
    The source of Islamic Law:
    1. Al-quran
    2. Hadits Shahih. Hadits explain the al-quran and also explain which is not in the al-quran. Like how to salah, etc. (The detail is in hadits not in al-quran). Or about salah sunah. Most of the salah sunnah is in the hadits except tahajud if im not mistaken.
    3. Ijma ulama. All of things which is not in the al-quran and hadits is the ulama jobs to make fatwa about it. If the ulama make fatwa which is already explained in the al-quran and hadits, then his fatwa is not falid.

There is no such a thing as balance with god and the mufti (ulama). The source of the law is what really matter.

If you already understand the explanation of certain thing in alquran and hadits, you dont need to ask the mufti. You can ask it anyway to make it sure.

AllahuAlam

Jazakallah khair for trying to answer to the Q which i had posted before a few years back. Your post is correct but my post # 3 will explain my further reservation as to Bro Zeeshan

The INTENTION of this thread posted since then (before 3 years) is when i saw most of the knowledgeable here (veterans) used to the toss back every Q ( a little bit hard question ) back to the Questioner saying '' ask a Mufti' which i felt as 'unreasonable' and I indirectly (by putting this Q) want them to ponder FIRST a little bit (atleast give it a try first by scrolling on verses & hadith ) on the kalamullah and the hadith and the life of sahabas and tabieen before just tossing every little thing to a Mufti. Islam is in an universal religion till to the last days and to every one however smart or dull he or she is. Allah repeats that Allah wants to make Islam easy to the followers. CONFINING Islam only to Muftis and Monopolising only to Scholars makes those verses of Kalamullah have no meaning that Allah wants to make Islam easy and practicable . But My answer here should not misinterpreted as we do not need the Scholars or Muftis ,
    So its , Yes we have to refer to the knowledgeable ( Aalims and Muftis ) when the issue is really complicated and become impracticable one in ones daily life

We know people come here ONLY mostly when they could not contact a Mufti or for immediate replies so its better we use Allah's book and hadith and even given Qiyas of us first in the non availability of Mufti's advice and first avoid the grey area (post # 3) when such help from a mufti is not accessible for the moment or do something first (like salah on a vehicle ) when missing it altogether citing reason prayer place is not available etc and missing it altogether which will come in Big Sins.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 11-11-17 at 01:35 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Jazakallah khair for trying to answer to the Q which i had posted before a few years back. Your post is correct but my post # 3 will explain my further reservation as to Bro Zeeshan

The INTENTION of this thread posted since then (before 3 years) is when i saw most of the knowledgeable here (veterans) used to the toss back every Q ( a little bit hard question ) back to the Questioner saying '' ask a Mufti' which i felt as 'unreasonable' and I indirectly (by putting this Q) want them to ponder FIRST a little bit (atleast give it a try first by scrolling on verses & hadith ) on the kalamullah and the hadith and the life of sahabas and tabieen before just tossing every little thing to a Mufti. Islam is in an universal religion till to the last days and to every one however smart or dull he or she is. Allah repeats that Allah wants to make Islam easy to the followers. CONFINING Islam only to Muftis and Monopolising only to Scholars makes those verses of Kalamullah have no meaning that Allah wants to make Islam easy and practicable . But My answer here should not misinterpreted as we do not need the Scholars or Muftis ,
    So its , Yes we have to refer to the knowledgeable ( Aalims and Muftis ) when the issue is really complicated and become impracticable one in ones daily life

We know people come here ONLY mostly when they could not contact a Mufti or for immediate replies so its better we use Allah's book and hadith and even given Qiyas of us first in the non availability of Mufti's advice and first avoid the grey area (post # 3) when such help from a mufti is not accessible for the moment or do something first (like salah on a vehicle ) when missing it altogether citing reason prayer place is not available etc and missing it altogether which will come in Big Sins.
    Waalaykumsalam Wr. Wb.
    I am sorry brother I just bump your 3 y.o thread. Someone bump it and it is in the top page of this section when I replied it.
    Yes, I do agree with you. We should recite, learn and practicing al-qur'an and hadits shahih on our own. And ask the mufti if it is complicated.
    In my opinion mufti can be wrong. Example: An mufti/ulama who live in the 10th century can be wrong intepreting/tafsir about reproduction verse in alquran, etc.
    Because the scientific fact is revealed in our time, not in the 10th century.

I usually only refer to tafsir if the qur'an verses that I read tells about a specific moment.
    [Remember] when you said to the believers, "Is it not sufficient for you that your Lord should reinforce you with three thousand angels sent down? Yes, if you remain patient and conscious of Allah and the enemy come upon you [attacking] in rage, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels having marks [of distinction] (Ali-Imran: 124-125)

I do know from the tafsir that this verses tell about badar war. But if the qur'an verses is already clear to me I never look in the tafsir. Because for some reason it can be out of date. A lot of thing (not all) which can't be explained thousand years ago can be very clear now.

May Allah guide us all. AllahuAlam

Amin YRA.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Waalaykumsalam Wr. Wb.
    I am sorry brother I just bump your 3 y.o thread. Someone bump it and it is in the top page of this section when I replied it.
    Yes, I do agree with you. We should recite, learn and practicing al-qur'an and hadits shahih on our own. And ask the mufti if it is complicated.
    In my opinion mufti can be wrong. Example: An mufti/ulama who live in the 10th century can be wrong intepreting/tafsir about reproduction verse in alquran, etc.
    Because the scientific fact is revealed in our time, not in the 10th century.

I accept with some of your views but this red bolded seems a little confusing. The glorious Al Quran stands the test of time for the past 1400 + years without being fallible even though people interpret its (verses of pondering where Allah told us to ponder like on his creations where there is no fixed limit ) in the way they will understand . For example the three verses on cytoplasm will be understood as just water before those who did not know what cytoplasm was but now we understand that Allah perfectly told about cytoplasm . similarly about clot about foetus verse those would understand as literally a blood clot
    but now the new medical definitions says its like a blood clot but the contents are a bit different So Allah swt, The ALL WISE used such words that will MAKE SENSE & UNDERSTANDABLE TO WHOLE MANKIND OF ANY TIME . So the multiple meaning of the glorious Quran exactly suit their times and applicable all the times is it own Miracle that Allah had kept it for ever untill the last days of the world

So those who interpreted 'reasonably' as per their times with arabic grammar and vocabulary all of them are correct as said in this video about Black holes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxArwQtC1AY

(some wicked selfish money minded people have muted this video citing copyright issues,since it has the exact sound of certain stars as Allah said about those stars like tapper, knocker etc see in the video i forgot them)

So the Glorious Quran is infallible but the science is NOT, which changes it with its new findings

I usually only refer to tafsir if the qur'an verses that I read tells about a specific moment.
    [Remember] when you said to the believers, "Is it not sufficient for you that your Lord should reinforce you with three thousand angels sent down? Yes, if you remain patient and conscious of Allah and the enemy come upon you [attacking] in rage, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels having marks [of distinction] (Ali-Imran: 124-125)

I do know from the tafsir that this verses tell about badar war. But if the qur'an verses is already clear to me I never look in the tafsir. Because for some reason it can be out of date. A lot of thing (not all) which can't be explained thousand years ago can be very clear now.

May Allah guide us all. AllahuAlam

Amin YRA.
    For all other verses (except on the pondering order of Allah on us) its right WE MUST use Tafsir

The number of angels this post will make it CleaRER in post # 37

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ree-of-errors-!
    Last edited by talibilm09; 12-11-17 at 02:46 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I accept with some of your views but this red bolded seems a little confusing. The glorious Al Quran stands the test of time for the past 1400 + years without being fallible even though people interpret its (verses of pondering where Allah told us to ponder like on his creations where there is no fixed limit ) in the way they will understand . For example the three verses on cytoplasm will be understood as just water before those who did not know what cytoplasm was but now we understand that Allah perfectly told about cytoplasm . similarly about clot about foetus verse those would understand as literally a blood clot
    but now the new medical definitions says its like a blood clot but the contents are a bit different So Allah swt, The ALL WISE used such words that will MAKE SENSE & UNDERSTANDABLE TO WHOLE MANKIND OF ANY TIME . So the multiple meaning of the glorious Quran exactly suit their times and applicable all the times is it own Miracle that Allah had kept it for ever untill the last days of the world

So those who interpreted 'reasonably' as per their times with arabic grammar and vocabulary all of them are correct as said in this video about Black holes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxArwQtC1AY

(some wicked selfish money minded people have muted this video citing copyright issues,since it has the exact sound of certain stars as Allah said about those stars like tapper, knocker etc see in the video i forgot them)

So the Glorious Quran is infallible but the science is NOT, which changes it with its new findings

For all other verses (except on the pondering order of Allah on us) its right WE MUST use Tafsir

The number of angels this post will make it CleaRER in post # 37

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ree-of-errors-!
    I think we have different opinion about this. Yes, alquran is easy to understand. Allah said so, but not all of verses is that easy. Al-qur'an can't be wrong sicr it is a god's word. People who interpret it who can be wrong. That's why ulama have different opinion about some verses in al-qur'an. Like Alif-Lam-Mim. Albaqarah-1. Ulama has different opinion about this verse. In al-quran allah said there is 2 type of ayah. Mustasyabihat and muhkamat (ali-imran 7). The ayah muhkamat is a clear and plain ayah. And the mustasyabihat is ayah which need intepretation. In this type of ayah human can intrepet it the wrong way.

AllahuAlam

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

I think we have different opinion about this. Yes, alquran is easy to understand. Allah said so, but not all of verses is that easy. Al-qur'an can't be wrong sicr it is a god's word. People who interpret it who can be wrong. That's why ulama have different opinion about some verses in al-qur'an. Like Alif-Lam-Mim. Albaqarah-1. Ulama has different opinion about this verse. In al-quran allah said there is 2 type of ayah. Mustasyabihat and muhkamat (ali-imran 7). The ayah muhkamat is a clear and plain ayah. And the mustasyabihat is ayah which need intepretation. In this type of ayah human can intrepet it the wrong way.

AllahuAlam

Yes Muthashabihath Only Allah knows the clear meaning as in 3:7 so we can't interpret them but to plainly believe is our duty in eemaan. Such are those words Alif laam meem etc and things about Allah's hands etc and about certain things sidrathul munthaha etc . Even other verses from hadith we know we can't interpret the verses by ourselves its wrong but by the commentary of hadith on the verses (as in tafsirs) that's already available in hadiths like Bukhari .Muslim etc like this

The Book of Commentary (Kitab Al-Tafsir)
    Muslim :: Book 43 : Hadith 7189
    Abu Dharr took an oath that this verse:" These two adversaries who dispute about their Lord" (xxii. 19) was revealed in connection with those who on the Day of Badr came out (of rows to fight against the non-believers and they were) Hamza, 'Ali, 'Ubaida b. Harith (from the side of the Muslims) and 'Utba and Shaiba, both of them the sons of Rabi'a and Walid b. 'Utba (from the side of the non-believers of Mecca).

But on the verses where Allah says to ponder (like below verses) we ARE ALLOWED to ponder as up to our Allah's given knowledge and if we try sincerely with thakwa Allah will help us too

34:6 ''And those who have been given knowledge see that what is revealed to you (O Muhammad SAW) from your Lord is the truth, and guides to the Path of the Exalted in Might, Owner of all praise.'

10:101 '' Say, "Observe what is in the heavens and earth." But of no avail will be signs or warners to a people who do not believe''

26:7 ''. Do they not observe the earth, how much of every good kind We cause to grow therein? ''

29. (This is) a Book (the Qur'‚n) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 14-11-17 at 12:52 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Yes Muthashabihath Only Allah knows the clear meaning as in 3:7 so we can't interpret them but to plainly believe is our duty in eemaan. Such are those words Alif laam meem etc and things about Allah's hands etc and about certain things sidrathul munthaha etc . Even other verses from hadith we know we can't interpret the verses by ourselves its wrong but by the commentary of hadith on the verses (as in tafsirs) that's already available in hadiths like Bukhari .Muslim etc like this

The Book of Commentary (Kitab Al-Tafsir)
    Muslim :: Book 43 : Hadith 7189
    Abu Dharr took an oath that this verse:" These two adversaries who dispute about their Lord" (xxii. 19) was revealed in connection with those who on the Day of Badr came out (of rows to fight against the non-believers and they were) Hamza, 'Ali, 'Ubaida b. Harith (from the side of the Muslims) and 'Utba and Shaiba, both of them the sons of Rabi'a and Walid b. 'Utba (from the side of the non-believers of Mecca).

But on the verses where Allah says to ponder (like below verses) we ARE ALLOWED to ponder as up to our Allah's given knowledge and if we try sincerely with thakwa Allah will help us too

34:6 ''And those who have been given knowledge see that what is revealed to you (O Muhammad SAW) from your Lord is the truth, and guides to the Path of the Exalted in Might, Owner of all praise.'

10:101 '' Say, "Observe what is in the heavens and earth." But of no avail will be signs or warners to a people who do not believe''

26:7 ''. Do they not observe the earth, how much of every good kind We cause to grow therein? ''

29. (This is) a Book (the Qur'‚n) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember.
    Waalaykusmsalam Brother,

Thank you.. I learned a lot from you. Jazakallah

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Waalaykusmsalam Brother,

Thank you.. I learned a lot from you. Jazakallah
    Wa iyyakum Bro, this is a place where we learn from each other,
    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim