Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

We are fundraising for the departed ummah forum members who have returned to Allah - using the Muslim charity, Ummah Welfare Trust (UWT)

Firstly through a water well which will cost around £650 and one hand pump which will cost £150

And the remainder will go towards any masjid constructions that UWT are collecting for.

You can donate via JustGiving

For UK mobile phone holders text the code UFSJ99 with your amount to 70070 (I used £10 as it's a manageable sum) e.g. UFSJ99 £10 (please make sure there's a space)

For overseas members who don't feel comfortable donating online- you can PM me and we can sort something out Western Union style

Please donate as much as you can and continue to bump this thread

Let's meet our £2000 target in shaa Allah!

Here are the members themselves (please remember to make du'a for them):

Quote Originally Posted by the_middle_road View Post

Ummah forum members who have passed on:
    -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
    Last edited by Meriadoc; 19-08-16 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added a new name :(
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Re: [VERIFIED] ***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

I think this is a fantastic idea and in fact has made me more motivated to do something like this for my great grandparents. after all if family don't do something for their elders who have passed away then who will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post
    Abu Mus'ab's away atm, when he comes back here I'll flag this thread for him to look at. Haven't been able to find an answer yet as most of my ustadhs are busy or doing Hajj atm (alhamdulillah).

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimWarrior View Post
    I think this is a fantastic idea and in fact has made me more motivated to do something like this for my great grandparents. after all if family don't do something for their elders who have passed away then who will.

So you can plant a tree or build a well on behalf of someone else? Can it be on behalf of a group of people and can they be alive?

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post

So you can plant a tree or build a well on behalf of someone else? Can it be on behalf of a group of people and can they be alive?
    It can be for anyone be they alive or passed away. As long as your neeyah is for them to be rewarded for its efforts and ongoing benefits

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimWarrior View Post
    It can be for anyone be they alive or passed away. As long as your neeyah is for them to be rewarded for its efforts and ongoing benefits
    Very good

for the idea

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

This is going to be a permanent sticky so it's easier for people to find.

Even if you donate £5 every month from your wage, alhamdulillah it's going towards good

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

I don't think people pay attention to stickies that much. We gotta keep bumpin' it until they shell out!
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    I don't think people pay attention to stickies that much. We gotta keep bumpin' it until they shell out!
    I know what ure saying bro, but I'd rather shell out by making a water pump whenever I have few extra pounds for the reward going to my parents and grandparents. I know it's one Ummah and we are all brothers and sisters but how many times do you see people making it for your parents. I'd rather concentrate the effort towards my kin so that may Allah swt give them the reward and protect them from the fire.

Remember your own deceased have select few chances

Their deeds
    The deeds done from the wealth they leave
    Their children.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Re: ***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

A Water Pump in pakistan costs around £80 to £100 pounds.

If anyone is to make one then do so at poor people's houses where multiple houses can gain water from. If you do it outside then thieves actually uproot and steal the whole water pump and its piping.

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

Sadaqah Jariyah can be given in any amount and for whichever fellow bro/ sis of ours has passed on.

We are the ummah of Nabi and we give freely purely to seek the Pleasure of our Lord and we know (and pray) that when we give a small amount for the Sake of Allah and to help our bros/sis in the akhirah (who may not have had anyone to do this for them or have yet to do it), we will be rewarded and will see it in both this life and the akhirah

in other words:
    bump

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

bump

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

Bump

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)

Why you don't have a proper bank account for this? I think if you send sms, the provider will take half of the money... And you show progress of reaching goal.

nvm I didnt look justgiving;
    If you reach £650 do you go straight to water pump or you will wait until you will have 2k?
    Last edited by toska; 22-11-14 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Repentance in Islam

“Allah wants to accept your repentance, but those who follow (their) passions want you to digress (into) a greater deviation” [Quran 4:27]
    It is enough to realize that Allah is there for you, Allah wants to forgive you, Allah wants to accept your repentance. How do you repent? , where do you start? And how do u go about repenting? Asking yourself these essential questions is the first step towards seeking repentance in Islam.

Definition of Repentance:

Repentance (Tawba) in the literal way refers to “returning” or “retreating”. In Islamic law (Sharia) it means to turn or to retreat from past sinful and evil activities, and to firmly resolve abstaining from them in future.

Ruling and the conditions of Repentance:

Repentance in Islam is an obligation upon every Muslim for the sins that he/she has committed and the evidence for that is:
    “And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed” [Quran 24:31]
    “Seek forgiveness of your lord and repent to him” [Quran 11:3]
    These are clear cut verses which show the obligation as Allah commands the believers to seek forgiveness and repent to him.

If the sin that has been committed is between a slave of Allah and his lord then there are three conditions that must apply to him in order for his repentance to be accepted:
    1. Giving up the sin
    2. Regretting the sin
    3. Promising never to commit that sin again

Only if these three conditions are met will a person’s repentance be accepted. And if the sin was between a slave of Allah and another slave of Allah then another condition enters the equation and that condition is to give that person’s right back. Meaning, if you took any money or items of that sort then you should return it to the person, if you have backbitten him then you should ask him for forgiveness.

Although some scholars say that if you have backbitten someone and you are afraid that by admitting to it and asking forgiveness from the person that it will only make matters worse, in this case you can (make dua) pray that Allah forgives him and inshaAllah that reward the person gets from you seeking forgiveness for him will suffice for the wrong that you have done towards him.

On other occasions, If the person is going on a journey and you will not be seeing each other for a long period of time then you can tell that person to forgive you in this manner “Before you depart, please forgive me for anything bad that I have done to you whether you know of it or you don’t know of it”. And if that person forgives you then the wrong you have committed towards him is forgiven due to the phrase “whether you know of it or you don’t know of it” being added into the apology.

Note: Once the person has forgiven you then he/she cannot go back on his word and say that you are not forgiven now. Once he has forgiven you then it is done.

Repentance in the light of the Quran:
    “O you who have believed, repent to Allah with sincere repentance. Perhaps your lord will remove from you your misdeeds and admit you into gardens beneath which rivers flow (on) the day when Allah will not disgrace the prophet and those who believed with him. Their light will proceed before them and on their right; they will say ‘Our Lord, perfect for us our light and forgive us. Indeed you are over all things competent’ “[Quran 66:8]

In this verse of the Quran Allah shows us the value of a sincere repentance where he has guaranteed those who repent sincerely that he will remove their sins and admit them into paradise.
    The sincere repentance that is mentioned in this verse is the repentance that sums up all your sins, which was done for the sake of Allah and not wanting anything other than his pleasure and being close to him and staying on this state at all times.

“Allah wants to accept your repentance, but those who follow (their) passions want you to digress (into) a greater deviation” [Quran 4:27]

In this verse it indicates that Allah wants something from me and you. Imagine, Allah wants something from us, his slaves. What does Allah want from us? Allah wants to accept our repentance, how merciful is Allah? He wants us to repent sincerely so that he can accept our repentance and he tells us that those who follow their desires doing whatever they finish such as drinking , smoking , partying , having sexual intercourse outside of marriage , etc. Only want us to deviate further away from Allah.

“And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed” [Quran 24:31]

In this verse Allah makes the criteria for success in the next world (Akhira) repentance, which is why Allah is commanding us to repent in this verse. And it is a very understandable thing because with repentance, your sins are forgiven, you reach the high levels of paradise and you are fulfilling an obligation which pleases Allah.

Repentance in the light of the Sunnah:

Alaghar ibn Yasir alzamani (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The prophet of Allah (Peace be upon him) said: “Oh people! Repent to Allah and ask him for forgiveness, for I repent in a day a hundred times” [Reported in Muslim]

This saying of the prophet (Peace be upon him) is a clear indication of the importance of repentance. The prophet (Peace be upon him) had all his sins that he has done and that he will do already forgiven by Allah and he would still repent to Allah one hundred times in a day. How many times would we have to repent each day if this was how the prophet would repent?

“Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servant when he turns penitently towards Him than one of you would be on finding the lost camel”. [Reported in Muslim]

This hadith shows us how happy Allah is when his servants repent to him. When you are in a desert and u lose your camel which has all your food and water, you start searching for it. Eventually you give up and take rest under the shade of a tree and suddenly you see your camel right next to you. You feel so happy that in a hadith in Muslim the prophet (peace be upon him) said that that person at that time will say “Oh Allah I am your lord and you are my slave” because of how happy he is. And Allah is happier by the repentance of his servant than this man when he finds his camel.

An example of great repentance:

Abi Saeed Saad bin Malik bin Sanan alkhudri (may Allah be pleased with him) said: the prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There was amongst those before you a man who killed 99 people, so he asked for the most knowledgeable of the people of earth, he was lead to a Sheikh (Muslim cleric) so he went to him and said that he has killed 99 people so can I repent? So he (the sheikh) said no and so he killed him (the sheikh) and that completed 100. So he asked for the most knowledgeable of the people of earth, he was lead to a Scholar and he said that he has killed 100 people so can I repent? So he (the scholar) said yes, and what is between you and your repentance? Go to that land because in it are people that worship Allah so worship Allah with them and do don’t return to your land for it is a bad land. So he went until he reached half his way and he died, so the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment disputed, the angels of mercy said: he came in repentance, he was going towards Allah with his heart. And the angels of punishment said: he has never done any good. So an angel came in between in the form of a human and said: measure the distance between both lands and the one to which he is closer to will be his. So they measured and saw that he was closer to the land that he wanted (the good land) so the angels of mercy took him” Agreed upon
    And other narrations say that he was closer to the new land (good land) by a hand span and so the angels of mercy took him.

Never lose hope in the mercy of Allah, no matter how much you have deviated you can still repent to Allah!

Signs that you repentance has been accepted:
    1. That your condition has changed after you have repented, meaning you concentrate in prayer, you do more good deeds, you read more Quran, leaving sins, etc.
    2. If Allah makes it easy for you and grants you the ability to move from an act of worship to another act of worship every time then this is another good sign of the acceptance of repentance.
    3. Resisting the urge to sin and staying on your repentance.

The conditions after which repentance will not be accepted:

There are 2 conditions after which repentance will not be accepted:
    1. If the sun rises from the west the repentance of anyone will not be accepted after that point. Abi Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: the prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever repents before the sun rises from the west Allah will accept his repentance” [Reported in Muslim]
    2. When a person is on his death bed and the soul has reached the throat his repentance will not be accepted after that. Abi Abdurrahman Abdullah ibn Omar ibn Alkhatab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: the prophet (peace be upon him) said: “ Allah accepts the repentance of his slave as long as his soul hasn’t reached his throat” [Reported in Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Donate!
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you know these people have passed away? I'm curious.

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Look I made mistake hence I said "silly question" originally.

I didn't intend to state mods should be verified, but the charity in question.

One needs to ask these question as much as silly it may seem.
    Last edited by mariolita; 21-12-14 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    And spend [in the way of Allah ] from what We have provided you before death approaches one of you and he says,
    "My Lord, if only You would delay me for a brief term so I would give charity and be among the righteous."
    [63:10]

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

The last donation was 2 months ago

/sadface

I'd really like to hit the 1k mark by the end of this year

we have enough members (and guests) to do that bi'ithnillah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

سبحان الله أشهد أن لا إلاه إلا الله الله أكبر

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

bump

unbelivablyweak...strong MalikOne™'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

..so many spectacular miracle like things happened so confused lol im prolly attached to a demon
    Last edited by MalikOne™; 21-10-15 at 05:51 AM. Reason: some part of her is diffused in my head she knows my thoughts/imagination

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell
    Sometimes my mind goes blank i think insane and then post shaytan :FACT

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

we will reach this goal soon

I'll see if I can have this put up as a banner during the month of Ramadhan to get more people to give.

An update which I learned at work: you cannot give zakat to water projects but you can do so for the hifdhs programme. If you do plan on giving, please ensure you clearly state in the comments on the justgiving page where you want it going to

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1798 Post(s)

Bump.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

abu sab'a
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3300 Post(s)

sister OP just giving take a percentage from money donated via them which isn't allowed

Also can someone verify if this can be done? for the UF members specifically that is especially the hifdh bit

I know generally the well is recommended

For those that maybe angry with my post, I am not trying to be problematic here. the issue becomes one of halal and haram with just giving and potentially bidah for the other matter.
    If clarified and an alternative way to contribute I will happily donate inshallah

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Bump.

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1798 Post(s)

Bump!!
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

whatever happened to this?

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F_R View Post
    whatever happened to this?
    Still going alhamdulillah

Slow progress but we'll get there.

If anyone has any ideas of how to get awareness for this/ increase donations then let us know

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

I have an idea!

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

If anyone has any ideas of how to get awareness for this/ increase donations then let us know
    alright

btw unfortunately another name has to be added, Allah yarhamhu

and in the departed thread

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)
    ^ for reminding me, I'll need to do that tomorrow. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un...
    (cant add thread links in app)

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    I have an idea!
    Go on...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

You should bump the thread regularly.

-------------------------
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)

Was a banner put up before? I can't remember.

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1798 Post(s)

Buuump. Yellah , wake up, people

Meri , can you add Abdul M there pls.

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

Asalamu alaykum. First time I've come across this thread. I pray Allah grants our sisters and brothers the highest place in Jannah.. So whats going omwith the project atm..does anyone know how much has been raised? or how much is left to be raised? And how do we donate? like ppl mentiomed above I think this threas is getting overlooked.

Is there a way mods can enable this to be both a sticky thread and a normal thread?? Then we can keep bumping it. Or we can make a normal thread with the link to this thread and bump thait daily, weekly etc? or you know how some threads are really popular like the annoying thread/what makes u happy/sad thread, if the op's don't mind we can include a link in the op, so when ppl click on those threads, they read the link aswell. Just some suggestions.

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamcake View Post
    Asalamu alaykum. First time I've come across this thread. I pray Allah grants our sisters and brothers the highest place in Jannah.. So whats going omwith the project atm..does anyone know how much has been raised? or how much is left to be raised? And how do we donate? like ppl mentiomed above I think this threas is getting overlooked.

Is there a way mods can enable this to be both a sticky thread and a normal thread?? Then we can keep bumping it. Or we can make a normal thread with the link to this thread and bump thait daily, weekly etc? or you know how some threads are really popular like the annoying thread/what makes u happy/sad thread, if the op's don't mind we can include a link in the op, so when ppl click on those threads, they read the link aswell. Just some suggestions.
    excellent idea
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslima London View Post
    excellent idea
    Thanks sis I hope the mods can work their magic with the suggestions lol. Hope your well sis insha ' allah