Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

We are fundraising for the departed ummah forum members who have returned to Allah - using the Muslim charity, Ummah Welfare Trust (UWT)

Firstly through a water well which will cost around £650 and one hand pump which will cost £150

And the remainder will go towards any masjid constructions that UWT are collecting for.

You can donate via JustGiving

For UK mobile phone holders text the code UFSJ99 with your amount to 70070 (I used £10 as it's a manageable sum) e.g. UFSJ99 £10 (please make sure there's a space)

For overseas members who don't feel comfortable donating online- you can PM me and we can sort something out Western Union style

Please donate as much as you can and continue to bump this thread

Let's meet our £2000 target in shaa Allah!

Here are the members themselves (please remember to make du'a for them):

Quote Originally Posted by the_middle_road View Post

Ummah forum members who have passed on:
    -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
    Last edited by Meriadoc; 19-08-16 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added a new name :(
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Re: ***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

This thread is already a sticky. And you can see the donation page by clicking the link in the first post.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

If you want to put a direct link to the donation page in your sig- just ctrl + v this thing in

To do so, quote this post and take the link with the frilly bits from there

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

Just got contacted by one of the brothers at UWT today.

Assalamualeikum Warahmatullahi Wabaraktuhu

I hope you are in the best of health an emaan.
    InshAllah through your fundraising efforts a water well will be built in Pakistan. However the hifhdh quota is full, so we will not be able to take any more donations toward this project, please advise us how you would like us to allocate any future donations coming through your JustGiving page.

Jazakallah
    You can have a look on the UWT page and see what else we can do for Sadaqah Jariyah . It may be that we lower our target a little and fundraise for another well in another country or something. It can even be a variety of smaller projects so [project name] x10 or something. I'll leave a link to the website down below so you can have a look . Note that it must state it's applicable for Sadaqah Jariyah- not all projects are eligible.

http://www.uwt.org/site/projects.asp

I'd appreciate responses fairly soon, so I can respond back to the brother in good time

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

I am not sure what he means by "water well will be built" because the well was already built. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post
    ^ ameen

I have received a very swift response alhamdulillah from the brothers at UWT (bery impressed lol)

It was a system error, as our name got picked up to join the list of wells to be constructed by mistake. We can keep the well (pictures and location of where it is can be found in this thread) and continue funding for it there is no problem with this.

So mystery solved alhamdulillah
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)
    I think he means that the money for it has been paid in full now; alhamdulillah we reached the donations threshold for it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Water Hand Pumps and Qur'an Distribution are reasonable, esp. since we are very slow in raising the funds?

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

Masjid construction.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Too expensive.

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Water Hand Pumps and Qur'an Distribution are reasonable, esp. since we are very slow in raising the funds?
    Okay I'll double check the figures and finalise everything tonight.
    @zi-zizou I would've done that for sure if we were a larger community like The Student Room for egs, with loads of different people donating.

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

Too expensive.
    Okay I'll double check the figures and finalise everything tonight.
    @zi-zizou I would've done that for sure if we were a larger community like The Student Room for egs, with loads of different people donating.
    Any decision works for me, but I was thinking more a payment towards the cost rather than funding a complete construction.

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Any decision works for me, but I was thinking more a payment towards the cost rather than funding a complete construction.
    well, what I can do then is ask if there's any 'masjid project pot' they can put the money in (am sure they work in the same way as the charity I worked for, but I'll double check all the same).

we can also fundraise for a hand pump which is £150 too.

how's that sound for people?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Sounds good. Alhamdulillah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

Are we still fundraising?

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)
    Are we still fundraising?
    Yus. They've updated their records accordingly so the receipts I get through are now focusing on a hand pump in Bangladesh as that was the most needed area for UWT.

I'd like it if members could raise awareness of this cause on Ummah Radio and get people helping ; might provide us with more coverage and highlight different projects people are covering. That'd be educational and worth tuning into tbh.

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

Yus. They've updated their records accordingly so the receipts I get through are now focusing on a hand pump in Bangladesh as that was the most needed area for UWT.

I'd like it if members could raise awareness of this cause on Ummah Radio and get people helping ; might provide us with more coverage and highlight different projects people are covering. That'd be educational and worth tuning into tbh.
    Can't we just give to our auntie ML direct? she proly related to whoever gets the pump anyway.

I've not been on UR much lately seems to be clashing with my beauty sleep but that does sound like a good idea.

unbelivablyweak...strong MalikOne™'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

i mite type up a thread on my experiences with the unseen so much happened tho cnt detail all of it some of it is seriously distressing nd some so hard to explain some miraculous wonder stuff something shows me i mite not be around much longer

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell
    Sometimes my mind goes blank i think insane and then post shaytan :FACT

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

Can't we just give to our auntie ML direct? she proly related to whoever gets the pump anyway.

I've not been on UR much lately seems to be clashing with my beauty sleep but that does sound like a good idea.
    jeez man, not related to evry bengali in Bangladesh, but alhamdulillah really happy to hear that its been established in Bangladesh
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslima London View Post
    jeez man, not related to evry bengali in Bangladesh, but alhamdulillah really happy to hear that its been established in Bangladesh
    Sos

Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MalikOne™ View Post
    i mite type up a thread on my experiences with the unseen so much happened tho cnt detail all of it some of it is seriously distressing nd some so hard to explain some miraculous wonder stuff something shows me i mite not be around much longer
    Sorry to derail this thread,but brother what is going on
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MalikOne™ View Post
    sorry brother
    just noticed this post.
    please let us know how you are
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

unbelivablyweak...strong MalikOne™'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

alot of what happened was super loud its to do with two human like voices in the sky,mostly ina tender tone seriously deep il explain wht wont bring fitnah on prolly saturday i dnt wana b famous tho lol my memorys kinda crap these days too
    Last edited by MalikOne™; 28-10-15 at 04:22 AM.

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell
    Sometimes my mind goes blank i think insane and then post shaytan :FACT

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

Re: [VERIFIED] ***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

Assalamu alaikum,
    Have you received a reply on how they managed to complete the well before the donation target has been reached?
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

^ ameen

I have received a very swift response alhamdulillah from the brothers at UWT (bery impressed lol)

It was a system error, as our name got picked up to join the list of wells to be constructed by mistake. We can keep the well (pictures and location of where it is can be found in this thread) and continue funding for it there is no problem with this.

So mystery solved alhamdulillah
    Quote Originally Posted by ashmeo View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,
    Have you received a reply on how they managed to complete the well before the donation target has been reached?
    ↑↑↑

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2043 Post(s)

↑↑↑
    Thanks, I missed that post
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

How do you know they died? they are in my dua tonight <3

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimahhhhh View Post
    How do you know they died? they are in my dua tonight <3
    We were informed, somehow or the other.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    815 Post(s)

SubhaanAllah... every time I look at this thread I feel a sense of awakening.

May Allah have mercy on all our deceased brothers and sisters, ameen.

Umm Rumaysah - 23/09/2017 Hannahk92's Avatar
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

IMG-20160205-WA0000.jpg
    The water pump has been installed in Bangladesh. Puraton Thakurgoan village.
    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    IMG-20160205-WA0000.jpg
    aww

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

-------------------------
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)

That's pretty cool.

I wonder if anyone will see it and search for the forum.

I guess it depends on the village, but I know back home in our villages people do have access to the internet.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Alhamdulillah.

I think this is the 2nd one.

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1798 Post(s)

Yaaay
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    IMG-20160205-WA0000.jpg
    Alhamdulillah

This thread is just so sad it makes me teary. I can't believe they were active members on this forum once. It sends chills down my spine to think that I have to depart one day too.

May Allah have mercy on their souls and grant them Jannatul Firdaus ameen.
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9764 Post(s)

...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)

No Longer On UF

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)