Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

 

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work.

    As-salamu alaykum,

    I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work. I'm definitely going to Sarajevo as it's my homeland. I heard it's still scattered and scarce, and the last time I visited, I was upset because of the conditions my people lived in.

    I could use some recommendations though, I want to be of assistance and it doesn't matter where as long as I'm helping out people who need it.

    Where do you guys live?
    Last edited by muratSul; 06-01-14 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Any recommendations?

  3. #3
    أبو جيد جدا InTheBegining's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    6,431
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Wa Alaikuma Salam.

    I like Bosnian people for some strange reason. Would love to go there one day and maybe spend it with the locals. Being black though am scared I'd probably look like a penguin in the desert lol.

    Mash'Allah a noble thing you are doing devoting yourself to charity work. There are a lot of places you can go. Pakistan, Somalia, Syria. Problem is though I donno if charities accept people to fly over there as volunteers.

    May Allah sw help you with your endeavours. Ameen
    1 death is a tragedy a million is a statistic

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    Wa Alaikuma Salam.

    I like Bosnian people for some strange reason. Would love to go there one day and maybe spend it with the locals. Being black though am scared I'd probably look like a penguin in the desert lol.

    Mash'Allah a noble thing you are doing devoting yourself to charity work. There are a lot of places you can go. Pakistan, Somalia, Syria. Problem is though I donno if charities accept people to fly over there as volunteers.

    May Allah sw help you with your endeavours. Ameen
    Jazak-allahu khair brother. We're all people, they wouldn't care about your skin color.

    The locals are awesome and they're really welcoming. You'll hear a lot of stories about the siege of Sarajevo, how repugnant it was to our people and how Islam is of immense size in our country. I remember being little and waking up every morning and hearing the adhan. I had this toy motorcycle I would mess around with in the driveway and I would always recite prayer while driving around in it. I made people go nuts because of how often I did this.

    My dad and his brother were in a death champ. My dad's name is actually in the book Stotinu Dana Golgote. I'll post pictures soon.
    Last edited by muratSul; 06-01-14 at 03:48 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    Wa Alaikuma Salam.

    I like Bosnian people for some strange reason. Would love to go there one day and maybe spend it with the locals. Being black though am scared I'd probably look like a penguin in the desert lol.

    Mash'Allah a noble thing you are doing devoting yourself to charity work. There are a lot of places you can go. Pakistan, Somalia, Syria. Problem is though I donno if charities accept people to fly over there as volunteers.

    May Allah sw help you with your endeavours. Ameen
    May Allah help you with yours too.

    I just feel like doing this for these people could erase the sights of past atrocities and give them more hope.

    Where are you from, my friend?

  6. #6
    أبو جيد جدا InTheBegining's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    6,431
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Quote Originally Posted by muratSul View Post

    My dad and his brother were in a death champ. My dad's name is actually in the book Stotinu Dana Golgote. I'll post pictures soon.
    May Allah SW grant your father jannah and reward him for the hardship he went through. Ameem. I can't imagine what he would have went though with those filth serbs. I remember seen all those mass graves full of muslims.

    But Hows Islam in bosnia. I had an Albanian friend who I use to play football with and we use to go pray together but haven't seen in him ages and recently saw his facebook and he was full of tattoos and whatnot.
    1 death is a tragedy a million is a statistic

  7. #7
    Senior Member Humaira Hakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    I am planning on doing the same thing!! I mean I've travelled to many countries before but not for that reason. Nice to see people interested in this.
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a Gift thats why we call it The Present

  8. #8
    ᕙ(ಠ益ರೃ)ᕗ Maghrebia00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,995
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Mashallah.

    I have always wanted to do some project like this... but i can't... unless my brothers happen to want to go, which they have spoken about before... but now all of them grown up and working, i doubt they have any time... which is sad...

    Anyhow i wish you the best, inshallah you may help your hometown and make a change.

    i am sure anywhere is good. I am aware that their are organisations that you can join that travel and do those activities, but you will be the one responsable for your travel costs.
    I remember going to this islamic event where i aeen a leaflet on going abroad and help fund and build things... i apologize but i forgot the name of the organisation. I think it is best to do this with others rather than your own.

    May Allah reward you for the good deeds. Ameen
    Bye...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    May Allah SW grant your father jannah and reward him for the hardship he went through. Ameem. I can't imagine what he would have went though with those filth serbs. I remember seen all those mass graves full of muslims.

    But Hows Islam in bosnia. I had an Albanian friend who I use to play football with and we use to go pray together but haven't seen in him ages and recently saw his facebook and he was full of tattoos and whatnot.
    My dad is alive. The camp got shut down in 1992. I remember our house in Bosnia got ransacked by police and a bunch of weapons my dad, grandpa and uncle shared during the war got seized. Would have made a great souvenir.. I fear asking any of them if they've ever killed anybody before. As far as Islam goes in Bosnia, my grandpa went to the mosque whenever he could, my mom reads the Holy Qu'ran and my dad prays everyday. The rest of my family is Muslim too.

    Pakistan, Somalia, Syria, Morocco and Bosnia sound pretty good to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Humaira Hakim View Post
    I am planning on doing the same thing!! I mean I've travelled to many countries before but not for that reason. Nice to see people interested in this.
    Where do you plan on going?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
    Mashallah.

    I have always wanted to do some project like this... but i can't... unless my brothers happen to want to go, which they have spoken about before... but now all of them grown up and working, i doubt they have any time... which is sad...

    Anyhow i wish you the best, inshallah you may help your hometown and make a change.

    i am sure anywhere is good. I am aware that their are organisations that you can join that travel and do those activities, but you will be the one responsable for your travel costs.
    I remember going to this islamic event where i aeen a leaflet on going abroad and help fund and build things... i apologize but i forgot the name of the organisation. I think it is best to do this with others rather than your own.

    May Allah reward you for the good deeds. Ameen
    May Allah reward you for yours too, I can tell that you're a good man.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop | AlJazeera Live, MBC Live, Makkah Live : Treasure of The Scholars