Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Post The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

"Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death,
    he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him,
    without it detracting in the least from their reward." (Tirmidhi 7/443)

Allah mention's time and time again that "Follow Allah and his Rasul" or "Obey Allah and his Rasul" .

So it would be good if we mention any Sunnah's that have been forgotten so we can implement them in our lives.

Examples of Forgotten Sunnah's can be Hijama (cupping), licking the fingers after eating and miswaak (Stick).
    "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".
    [Ibn Qayyim- al Jawziyyah]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

To be more specific a house fly, you can allways take new glas of water *if water*. But maybe very useful in a place where there is not much water.
    Last edited by Kindsolid; 26-01-14 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara_ View Post
    Sunnahs of the Toilet :
    Recite the dua before entering the toilet.( i.e. Allahumma inni auzbeka minal qubs wal qabaes )
    • Enter with the left foot.
    • To sit and urinate. One should never urinate whilst standing.
    • To leave the toilet with the right foot.
    • To recite the dua after coming out of the toilet (i.e. Ghufranaka )
    • One should not face Qiblah or show his back towards the Qiblah.
    • Do not speak in the toilet.
    • Be very careful of the splashes of urine (being unmindful in this regard causes one to be punished in the grave).
    • After relieving oneself, to cleanse oneself using water.

Anas reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the privy, and in the hadith transmitted by Hushaim (the words are): When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the lavatory, he used to say: O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from wicked and noxious things.
    Sahih Muslim 3:729

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) entered the privy, he removed his ring.
    Abu Dawud 1:19

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari: The Prophet said, “While defecating, neither face nor turn your back to the Qibla but face either east or west.” Abu Aiyub added. “When we arrived in Sham we came across some lavatories facing the Qibla; therefore we turned ourselves while using them and asked for Allah’s forgiveness.”
    Sahih Bukhari 1:8:388

Abu Qatada reported it from his father that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When anyone amongst you enters the privy he should not touch his penis with his right hand.
    Sahih Muslim 2:512

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever tells you that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to urinate standing up, do not believe him. He only ever used to urinate sitting down
    Sahih al-Tirmidhi No. 11

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to answer the call of nature, he would not lift his garment until he had squatted close to the ground.”[
    al-Tirmidhi No. 14, see also Saheeh al-Jaami’ No. 4652

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Most of the punishment of the grave will be because of urine.”[3]
    Ibn Maajah No. 342, see also Saheeh al-Jaami’ No. 1202

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: When two persons go together for relieving themselves uncovering their private parts and talking together, Allah, the Great and Majestic, becomes wrathful at this (action).
    Abu Dawud 1:15

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever performs ablution should clean his nose with water by putting the water in it and then blowing it out, and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do it with odd number of stones."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:4:162

Salman said that (one among) the polytheists remarked: I see that your friend even teaches you about the excrement. He replied; Yes, he has in fact forbidden us that anyone amongst us should cleanse himself with his right hand, or face the Qibla. He has forbidden the use of dung or bone for it, and he has also instructed us not to use less than three pebbles (for this purpose).
    Sahih Muslim 2:505

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: A deputation of the jinn came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: O Muhammad, forbid your community to cleans themselves with a bone or dung or charcoal, for in them Allah has provided sustenance for us. So the Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade them to do so.
    Abu Dawud 1:39

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) came out of the privy, he used to say: "Grant me Thy forgiveness."[5]
    Abu Dawud 1:30

Usama b. Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on his way back from 'Arafat got down in one of these creeks (to answer the call of nature), and after he had done that I poured water (over his hands) and said: Are you going to pray? Thereupon he said: The place of prayer is ahead of you.
    Sahih Muslim 7:2942
    for the Ahadith's.
    "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Umaiyyah bin Makhshi (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was sitting while a man was eating food. That man did not mention the Name of Allah (before commencing to eat) till only a morsel of food was left. When he raised it to his mouth, he said: "Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (With the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end).'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) smiled at this and said, "Satan had been eating with him but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, Satan vomited all that was in his stomach.''

[Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i].

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    751 Post(s)

always eat and drink with right hand bcos shaitan eat and drinks with his left hand. so whoever eats and drinks with left hand will also display nature of shaitan, becareful my brothers and sisters.
    enter house with bismillah continue it with a salam even if thers none in the house because angels of mercy are in your house(unless untill you dont have a picture of a living thing which is the COPYRIGHTS of Allah swt)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    always eat and drink with right hand bcos shaitan eat and drinks with his left hand. so whoever eats and drinks with left hand will also display nature of shaitan, becareful my brothers and sisters.
    enter house with bismillah continue it with a salam even if thers none in the house because angels of mercy are in your house(unless untill you dont have a picture of a living thing which is the COPYRIGHTS of Allah swt)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

At the time of facing difficulty, Making proper Whdhu and praying two Rakaa'h and making Duaa to Allah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sunnahs on Awakening:

* On awakening rub the face and the eyes with the palms of the hands in order to remove the effects of sleep.
    * Thereafter recite the dua on awakening. (Al hamdu lillahi allazi ahyana badama amatana wo ilaihunushur)
    * On awakening cleanse the mouth with a miswaak..

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    751 Post(s)

Assalamalikum.

If you want to become Dear to Allah(swt) see Qur'an 3:31 ''Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Love the younger thinking they would have sinned less than us, respect the elders thinking they would have done more good deed than us.Whomever so who did not love those younger than him and respect the elder to him is not amongst us (a hadith said something like this wordings may not be the same)

keep beards it was sunnah of all prophets.

Praying offered with siwak (miswak) is 70 times better than prayer offered without doing miswak.

Say salam to them you know and also to them who you don't know. Who says salam first is better than who receives salam and gets more reward (virtues )than the latter. the replier of salam must reply better than the sayer or atleast reply the same.(eg if someone says salam, You reply Asalamalikum warahmathulah etc etc, If someone says asalam.... wrabartuhu(fully) you reply the same but more warmer and louder)

every smile is a charity,
    (My personal opinion is include smile in your salam (If POSSIBLE Do not salam with a face of anger and that doesn't create salam (peace) but will create the opposite But we can not expect to someone smile when he is a mood og grief etc)

smiling at your mother warmly looking at her with love and affection will get you virtues same to 'accepted ' Haj. , so this is your chance Get Them Freely and easily.

when you distribute food in your family start with the ladies first.

when talking with people turn your whole body towards them and talk at looking at their face, not your face turned away ( its only men with men /not men with ghair
    maharam women, when You should keep your sight down)

Last But Not the least The most important of sunnah's the essence (Internally) of the heart of Prophet (sal)AND HIS EXCELLENT BEHAVIOUR,CONTROL OF ANGER, TOP CHARECTOR, GOOD MANNERS, FORGIVINGNESS, MERCY, SABUR, LARGE HEARTEDNESS(giving nature) HELPING NATURE, BRAVERY, FRIENDLINESS,HONESTY,KEEPING PROMISE , TRUSTWORTHINESS etc
    Last edited by talibilm09; 04-02-14 at 06:31 AM. Reason: corrected to ' my personal opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In times of difficulty, remember to be patient and say "ina illalahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon"
    Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.'' [Noble Quran Translation 2:156]
    The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sunnahs about opening the door!

The Noble Qur'an - 24:27
    O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those in them, that is better for you, in order that you may remember.
    And if you find no one therein, still, enter not until permission has been given. And if you are asked to go back, go back, for it is purer for you, and Allah is All-Knower of what you do.

Sahih Bukhari 3:318, Narrated 'Aisha , radi Allahu anha (mother of the faithful believers)
    I bought a cushion with pictures on it. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he kept standing at the door and did not enter the house. I noticed the sign of disgust on his face, so I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I repent to Allah and His Apostle . (Please let me know) what sin I have done." Allah's Apostle said, "What about this cushion?" I replied, "I bought it for you to sit and recline on." Allah's Apostle said, "The painters (i.e. owners) of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection. It will be said to them, 'Put life in what you have created (i.e. painted).' " The Prophet added, "The angels do not enter a house where there are pictures."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:523, Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah radi Allah anhu
    Allah's Apostle said, "When night falls (or it is evening), keep your children close to you for the devils spread out at that time. But when an hour of the night elapses, you can let them free. Close the doors and mention the Name of Allah, for Satan does not open a closed door."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 8:267, Narrated Jabir radi Allah Anhu
    I came to the Prophet in order to consult him regarding my father's debt. When I knocked on the door, he asked, "Who is that?" I replied, "I." He said, "I, I?" He repeated it as if he disliked it.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 9:38.2, Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd As-Sa'idi radi Allah anhu
    A man peeped through a hole in the door of Allah's Apostle's house , and at that time, Allah's Apostle had a Midri (an iron comb or bar) with which he was rubbing his head. So when Allah's Apostle saw him, he said (to him), "If I had been sure that you were looking at me (through the door), I would have poked your eye with this (sharp iron bar)." Allah's Apostle added, "The asking for permission to enter has been enjoined so that one may not look unlawfully (at what there is in the house without the permission of its people)."

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated 'Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin radi Allah Anha

The Apostle of Allah was praying with his door bolted. I came and asked to have the door opened. He walked and opened the door for me. He then returned to his place for prayer. He (the narrator Urwah) mentioned that the door faced the qiblah.
    The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Call for the Unity of Religions
    is a False and Dangerous Call -http://muttaqun.com/unityofreligions.html

Hadith - Saheeh Muslim, vol. 1, no. 284
    "By Him (Allah) in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there is none from amongst the Jews and the Christians (of these present nations) who hears about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent (i.e. tawheed), but he will be from the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire."

The Noble Quran 4:89
    They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliyâ' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allâh (to Muhammad SAW). But if they turn back (from Islâm), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliyâ' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them. -

The Noble Qur'an 3:85
    And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.

Hadith - Bukhari and Muslim, vol. 4, no. 255, p. 158.
    It has been confirmed that the Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon him said: "Three persons will get their reward twice [i.e. a double reward]. [One is] a person who has a slave girl and he educates her properly and teacher her good manners properly [without violence] and then manumits and marries her. Such a person will get a double reward. [Another is] a believer from the People of the Scriptures who has been a true believer [in his Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon him] , and then he believes in the Prophet [Muhammad Peace and Blessings be upon him]. Such a person will receive a double reward. [The third is] a slave man who observes Allah's rights and is sincere to his master [and observes the rights of his master]."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Forgotten Sunnah # 1 :The Sunnah at the times of calamity, difficulty and trials

Forgotten Sunnah (or reward) # 2 : Entering the market whilst saying .....

Forgotten Sunnah # 3 : Fasting for three days every month

Forgotten Sunnah # 4 :Rinsing the mouth after drinking Milk or anything that has a fatty residue

Forgotten Sunnah # 5 :Having a part of rainfall fall on you

Forgotten Sunnah # 6 :Washing the nose thrice after waking up from Sleep

Forgotten Sunnah # 7: Reciting the Adhkaar (praises and supplications) after the Fardh salah

Forgotten Sunnah # 8: Reading or preaching from Surah Qaaf (Surah no. 50) during the Jumu'ah Khutbah (friday sermon)

Forgotten Sunnah # 9: Reciting Surah Ghaashiya (88), al-'Ala (87), Al-Jumu'ah(62) and Munafiqoon (63) in the Jumu'ah (friday) prayer

Forgotten Sunnah # 10: The Prayer of Istikhaara for any and every matter

Forgotten Sunnah # 11: Dua'as to protect oneself from Evil eye, Black Magic/Jinn and Harm

Forgotten Sunnah # 12: Walking Barefoot sometimes

Forgotten Sunnah # 13: Wiping over Khuffs (socks) during wudu' (ablution)

Forgotten Sunnah # 14: Reciting some verses in the third and fourth rak'ah of Zuhur prayer

Forgotten Sunnah # 15: Returning greeting (Walaikum Assalaam) in prayer by making a gesture with one's hands

Forgotten Sunnah # 16: Spitting dryly to one's left side, three times and seeking refuge with Allaah from the devil during prayer when distracted by the devil

Forgotten Sunnah # 17: offering two Rak‘ahs whenever one returns from a journey

Forgotten Sunnah # 18: The Imam verifying that the rows are straight and gaps filled

Forgotten Sunnah # 19: The Evergreen medicine therapy : Hijaama (cupping)

Forgotten Sunnah # 20: Using Siwak (Miswak) before every prayer, when entering the house and when getting up for tahajjud

Forgotten Sunnah # 21: Praying Nawafil and Sunnah prayers at home

Forgotten Sunnah # 22: Supplicating with whatever you want after the Final Tashahud in salah

Forgotten Sunnah # 23: Pausing for a while after rising/getting up from Rukoo' and First Sujood

Forgotten Sunnah # 24: Jalse e Istarahaat (the pause/sitting after every Odd rak'ah)

Forgotten Sunnah # 25: Reciting a surah after al Faatiha in the prayer of Janaazah (funeral)

Forgotten Sunnah # 26: Making Dua'a after the fourth takbeer in salatul Janaazah (funeral prayer)

Forgotten Sunnah # 27: Adding more than 4 takbeerat to the funeral prayer

Forgotten Sunnah # 28: Sunnah of asking for good and seeking refuge in Allah during rain or wind storm

Forgotten Sunnah # 29: Praying 2 rak'ah after the 'Asr prayer

Forgotten Sunnah # 30: Visiting the sick and reciting the virtuous dua'a while doing so.

Forgotten Sunnah # 31: Keeping a sutrah (barrier) before ourselves during prayer
    Forgotten Sunnah # 32: To suppress arrogance and say I do not know

Forgotten Sunnah # 33: The Sunnah of not cheating or lying during trade/business dealings or falsely taking an oath for the same.

Forgotten Sunnah # 34: Not to Argue , especially during Ramadan

Forgotten Sunnah # 35: To enter a house/shop by saying Assalamu 'Alaykum or its Likes.

Forgotten Sunnah # 36: To spread the Islamic greeting to both known and Unknown Muslims

Forgotten Sunnah # 37: Praying two rak'ah before leaving the house and after returning to the house to safeguard or protect oneself from the harms

Forgotten Sunnah # 38: Wiping the face after getting up from sleep

Forgotten Sunnah # 39 : Reciting a portion or part of Qur'an before going to sleep or in a Day

Forgotten Sunnah # 40: Invoking and Supplicating to Allah during the recitation of the Qur'an in the prayer (salah) itself and at times of Sujood and Tashahud

Forgotten Sunnah # 41 : To Pass the drink to the person sitting on the right first.

Forgotten Sunnah # 42: To say Bismillah before removing the clothes to protect the awrah being exposed to the Jinns.

Forgotten Sunnah # 43 : To say Bismillah when we trip

Forgotten Sunnah # 44: To pay the wage/salary of the worker on time.

Forgotten Sunnah # 45 : In a funeral , To sit down only after the coffin has been placed down

Forgotten Sunnah # 46: Praying, praising Allah and giving charity during eclipse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sunnah of Repentance
    Hadith - Bukhari 8.800B, Narrated Ikrima from Ibn Abbas
    Allah's Apostle said, "When a slave (of Allah) commits illegal sexual intercourse, he is not a believer at the time of committing it; and if he steals, he is not a believer at the time of stealing; and if he drinks an alcoholic drink, when he is not a believer at the time of drinking it; and he is not a believer when he commits a murder." 'Ikrima said: I asked Ibn Abbas, "How is faith taken away from him?" He said, Like this," by clasping his hands and then separating them, and added, "But if he repents, faith returns to him like this," by clasping his hands again.

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zumar 39:54
    And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islâmic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islâm), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped

Alee (radi Allah Anhu) who said that Aboo Bakr (Radi Allah Anhu) told him
    that he heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) say:
    There is no servant who commits a sin and then he
    purifies himself (wudoo') and then prays two rakaahs
    and then seeks forgiveness of Allah except that
    Allaah forgives him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

:
    “Anyone of you attending the Friday (prayers) should take a bath.” [Bukhari]

The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Perfect your ablution and wash in between your fingers” [Ibn Majah]

The Prophet (pbuh) would also “rub in between his toes with his little finger when he performed ablution” [Abu Dawud]

“Five things are part of one’s Fitra…” and the Prophet (pbuh) mentioned that trimming the nails is one of them." [Muslim]

The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Whoever has hair, let him take care of it.” [Abu Dawud]

The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Purifying oneself is half of eman (faith)” [Muslim]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Sunnah posture of sitting while eating

The sunnah posture of sitting while eating on the floor is that one sits with both knees on the ground (in the tashahhud posture), or with the right knee raised.

ف المستحب في صفة الجلوس للأكل أ ن يكون جاثيا عل ى ركبتيه وظهور قدميه أو ينصب ا لرجل اليمنى وي جلس على اليسرى

(عمدة القاري 21/44)

أ حسن الفتاوى (9/50)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    751 Post(s)

assalam,

1)say inshallah if you intend to do anything in future , If you forget say quran verse 18:24 from '' aasaa ay

2)If you visit any body 's house do not stand in front of the door, stand by left or right side of the door and say 'asalamalikum one by one after a gap 3 times if udont get reply leave from there.

3)Never peep inside other peoples house, once a person peeped inside from a hole in the door of a house, Prophet sal told something if he had some sharp object he will poke his eyes from inside , means like something disgustfull and another hadith says peeping inside someones house is almost entering that house without permission'

4)to visit sick people a big virtues deed

5)kissing your children on the forehead

6)Using fragrance free from alcohol, ATTHAR

7) Removing under arm hairs by pulling and also pubic hairs (can try after bath they easily come)

8) trimming you nails every friday and nails of toes every fortnight

9) say alhamdulillah when sneezing and reply to it (if other sneezes with alhamdililah) by yarahamuk allah

10) while travelling far leave your home after praying 2 nafl for safety

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Ya-Dain View Post

"Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death,
    he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him,
    without it detracting in the least from their reward." (Tirmidhi 7/443)

Allah mention's time and time again that "Follow Allah and his Rasul" or "Obey Allah and his Rasul" .

So it would be good if we mention any Sunnah's that have been forgotten so we can implement them in our lives.

Examples of Forgotten Sunnah's can be Hijama (cupping), licking the fingers after eating and miswaak (Stick).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “When you wear your clothes or perform your Wudu’, begin with your right side.”

[Sunan Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    Kohl for both men and women.
    I'd be curious to know what Hadith says men should wear Kohl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

boy, there's a lot of rules to learn!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSeeking View Post
    boy, there's a lot of rules to learn!
    Dont worry, it will take time and then become easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would hope so. It could become very disheartening otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSeeking View Post
    I would hope so. It could become very disheartening otherwise.
    Don't get overwhelmed. Look at how many of us here need these reminders. And several of us, including myself, didn't even know all of these Sunnahs! So you just take things one step at a time, you do your best for the sake of Allah, and ask Him for his Mercy and Protection and to be rewarded with the highest levels of Heaven in the Hereafter. In the meantime, as brothers and sisters in Islam, we remind each other of what is good and warn each other away from what is evil.

And it works out pretty well.... minus all the arguments, etc., etc. ....
    Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

It is recommended (Sunnah) to allow the rain to fall down upon us. It is mentioned in the Hadith:

قال أنس: أصابنا ونحن مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم مطر، قال: فحسر رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ثوبه، حتى أصابه من المطر، فقلنا: يا رسول الله لم صنعت هذا؟ قال: «لأنه حديث عهد بربه تعالى»

صحيح مسلم (3/ 442 898# دار الفوائد

Translation: We were with Nabi Sallahu Alayhi Wasallam when rain fell upon us. Nabi Sallahu Alayhi Wasallam opened his garment a bit so that the rain could touch his skin. We asked “O Rasulullah Sallahu Alayhi Wasallam, why do you do this?” He replied, “Because it has just recently come from Allah.” (Sahih Muslim Vol.3 Pg.442 #898)

We should recite the following Dua:

اللَّهُمَّ صَيِّبًا نَافِعًا

Transliteration: Allahumma Sayyiban Naafi’a

Translation: O Allah! Make it a copious, beneficial rain.

(Sahih Bukhari Vol.2 Pg.675 #1032)

During heavy rain recite the following Dua:

اللَّهُمَّ حَوَالَيْنَا وَلاَ عَلَيْنَا

Transliteration: Allahumma Hawa Layna Wa La ‘Alayna.

Translation: “O Allah! Make it rain around us and not upon us. O Allah! Upon the mountains and the hills, down the valleys, and to the roots of the trees.”

(Sahih Bukhari Vol.2 Pg.656 #1014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Khuffain!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Ibn Umar radiyallahu 'anhuma narrates that Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:

Make a regular practice of the Miswaak, for verily, it is purification for the mouth and means of gaining the pleasure of the Rabb.

(al-Bukhari)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

*Mega-bump*

My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
    As You have sanctified Your house,
    Make my heart as protected and as honoured
    In which permission of entry
    Is only granted to a few,
    Please Allah, allow my heart
    To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
    when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
    In Jannah, we will meet

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

*mega-bump*

---

In Jannah, we will meet

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)

Praying two rakkats after Asr Salah.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise867 View Post
    *mega-bump*

---

In Jannah, we will meet

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Giving gifts to increase love

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Give each other gifts and you will love each other.”

Source: Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 594 - Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Bukhari.

Using fingers instead of beads/tasbih for dhikr

Yusaira bint Yasir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “You must glorify Allah and declare the oneness and holiness of Allah. Count them on your fingers. Verily, the fingers will be questioned and made to speak. Do not become heedless such that you forget the mercy of Allah.”

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 3583 - Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

---

In Jannah, we will meet

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

---

In Jannah, we will meet

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1704 Post(s)

bump...

jazak Allah khair for posting this thread.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1704 Post(s)

Benefit of Miswaak.

the benefits of using miswak.jpg

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

Bump-aga!
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    Brushing the bed thrice before going to sleep. This one I always forgot to do but during the summertime, somehow a wasp was on my bed and it stung me. Now I always remember to do it alhamdulillah.
    alhamdulillah this is one sunnah i've gotten into the habit of doing everynight for over 13 years now

Al-Bukhaari (6320) and Muslim (2714) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When one of you goes to his bed, let him dust off his bed with the inside of his lower garment, for he does not know what came onto it after he left it. Then let him say: Bismika Rabbee wada’tu janbi wa bika arfa’uhu wa in amsakta nafsi farhamhaa wa in arsaltahaa fahfazhaa bimaa tuhfaz bihi ‘ibaadika al-saaliheen ( In Your name, my Lord, I lie down, and in Your name I rise. If You should take my soul then have mercy on it, and if You should return my soul then protect it as You protect Your righteous slaves).”
    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

kissing one's wife before leaving house for prayer

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said that the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “kissed one of his wives then went out to pray, and he did not do wudoo.’” (Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 180, 179, 178; al-Tirmidhi, al-Tahaarah, 86; al-Nasaa’i, al-Tahaarah, 1.104; Ibn Maajah, al-Tahaarah, 502).
    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cuezed View Post
    kissing one's wife before leaving house for prayer

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said that the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “kissed one of his wives then went out to pray, and he did not do wudoo.’” (Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 180, 179, 178; al-Tirmidhi, al-Tahaarah, 86; al-Nasaa’i, al-Tahaarah, 1.104; Ibn Maajah, al-Tahaarah, 502).
    There is an additional aspect to it. In case its like a gesture type of a kiss which does not lead to a discharge then there is no Wudhu. And men differ with each other in this regards. But if it leads to the discharge then wudhu has to be done again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savo234 View Post
    There is an additional aspect to it. In case its like a gesture type of a kiss which does not lead to a discharge then there is no Wudhu. And men differ with each other in this regards. But if it leads to the discharge then wudhu has to be done again.
    You're right. I'm assuming this is the gesture type of kiss

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Rinsing mouth after drinking milk

Narrated Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu): “Allah’s Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) drank milk, rinsed his mouth and said, ‘It has fat.’” [The Book of Wudu: Sahih Bukhari]