Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Imitating the Kuffar

To what limit is it permissible to imitate the kuffar, where do we draw the line?

I see sheikhs wearing suits and ties, Muslims celebrating thanks giving, etc.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Re: Imitating the Kuffar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
    To what limit is it permissible to imitate the kuffar, where do we draw the line?

I see sheikhs wearing suits and ties, Muslims celebrating thanks giving, etc.
    :

Well according to ibn Qayyum (RH) the sunnah is to wear the clothes of your culture. Sheikh Yasir Qadhi said this. Allah hu alem.

Ya Muqalib al Quloob thabbit Qalbi ‘alaa Deenik

Oh turner of the hearts, keep our hearts firm on your religion

[Authenticated by al-Albanee in al-Jaam'i as-Sagheer 1323/7988]

Abdullah ibn Mubarak: “I love the pious people even though I’m not one of them, and I hate the evil people even though I may be worse than them.” - [Siyar a'lam an-Nubalaa]

'The weirdness of this Ummah... No one wants to conduct Jihad except the Khawaarij. No one want to strive to establish the Shari’ah except the Khaawarij. None are feared by their enemies except the Khawaarij. And their “Khawaarij-ness” are proven when death has come and they die in the state of smiling…' - Sayyid Qutb

wearing suit and a tie isn't imitating the kuffar

Celebrating non-muslim special days are not allowed. I think even tie is not recommended as it signifies the cross, if Im not mistaken, and wearing clothes that belong to a certain religious group (that use it for religious purposes) is not allowed too.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by muslimboy764 View Post
    wearing suit and a tie isn't imitating the kuffar
    Imitating Non-Muslim Dress: Is It Always Impermissible?

Ruling on wearing trousers and a suit and tie

Could go either way. What we know for sure is wearing a Western style suit is not from the Sunnah Az-zaw'id. So while maybe not blameworthy it is a missed opportunity to do something praise worthy.
    By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Imitating? I guess not wearing business suits?

No its ok to wear business suits. Its the tie that shouldnt be worn.

Odan

Everybody has his own logic. I say ''Laqad kana lakum fi Rasulullahi uswatun hasana''
    and
    ''man tashabbaha biqawmihi fa huwa minhum''
    Allah swt knows best