Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Odan

Re: Racism in London

So shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Astaghfirullah. This hate is like deeply ingrained within them and stems back to generations, I have no idea why.
    Knowledge is that which benefits, not that which is memorized - Imam Shaafi’ee ~ ..Turn not your face away from men with pride, nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allah likes not any arrogant boaster - Luqman:18 ~ The best Mu'mins are those who are best in their akhlaq, those whose shoulders' are trodden over -

Shocking...

Did he not say 95% of landlords request that aswell...

That is just... not right.
    Bye...

Yea I saw that. It's disgusting
    Do not misinterpret or add your own flow and ideas to my posts. Take it all at face value. If you don't understand something I've written then ask for clarification. I am not responsible for your thoughts or additions to my posts. You only have yourself to blame and I am free from what you attribute to me.

"Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you..." The Qur'an 2:210

If the west or their slaves are pleased with you,
    then something is seriously wrong with you.

~ Ahmad Musa Jibril

Odan

Aaah ok. A year or so ago I witnessed 3 muslim guys laughing and making monkey noises quite loudly late one evening in my home town centre, I was perplexed for a minute, I couldnt work out what they were doing, then I realised the taunts were aimed at a black gentleman and his female friend on the other side of the road.

Im a white guy and it shocked me that asian guys could be racist towards black people in such a childish manner, it was the first time I had seen such a thing, also the asians were clearly dressed as muslims. I thought these guys were just morons, I didnt realise it was a cultural thing.

Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    Aaah ok. A year or so ago I witnessed 3 muslim guys laughing and making monkey noises quite loudly late one evening in my home town centre, I was perplexed for a minute, I couldnt work out what they were doing, then I realised the taunts were aimed at a black gentleman and his female friend on the other side of the road.

Im a white guy and it shocked me that asian guys could be racist towards black people in such a childish manner, it was the first time I had seen such a thing, also the asians were clearly dressed as muslims. I thought these guys were just morons, I didnt realise it was a cultural thing.

Live and learn.
    That is terrible... really terrible.
    I only heard of that happening in Ukraine during the football where such noises were made... now also asians in Uk.

That is just disgusting... i don't even know how such racist people can sleep at night knowing they have hurt other peoples feeling on purpose.

May Allah let those racists open their eyes and soften their hearts
    Bye...

Odan

If anything Asians should relate. because they get the same amount of racial abuse as blacks in the UK

Odan

sickening

The only person who put an Asian angle to this was the video uploader who stole this documentary from the original source. I saw the original documentary and it did not say this was an exclusively asian problem. It was just a coincidence that the lettings agents were asian. More than likely whites are likely to do the same thing on a bigger scale because they run more lettings agencies.

The video uploader has another video titled:

"89% of pakistani and indian British muslims are racist to Black people."

The idiot is literally pulling these stats from thin air. its obvious he has an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
    Shocking...

Did he not say 95% of landlords request that aswell...

That is just... not right.
    If that's true, then the racism is coming largely, from Landlords. I don't know what it is about Landlords, but they make so many assumptions about people. They should be more concerned with the character of the person, not that they should be earning high sums of money (because benefits are available and people can provide a guarantor) or the colour of their skin.

Ya Muqalib al Quloob thabbit Qalbi ‘alaa Deenik [يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ ]

Oh turner of the hearts, keep our hearts firm on your religion

[Authenticated by al-Albanee in al-Jaami' as-Sagheer]

Abdullah ibn Mubarak: “I love the pious people even though I’m not one of them, and I hate the evil people even though I may be worse than them.” - [Siyar a'lam an-Nubalaa]

'No one will light the lamp of dawn in this darkness except the mujahideen and shuhada' - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

Quote Originally Posted by eastafrican1st View Post
    If anything Asians should relate. because they get the same amount of racial abuse as blacks in the UK
    weird, wouldn't expect an asian to be racist.

Ya Muqalib al Quloob thabbit Qalbi ‘alaa Deenik [يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ ]

Oh turner of the hearts, keep our hearts firm on your religion

[Authenticated by al-Albanee in al-Jaami' as-Sagheer]

Abdullah ibn Mubarak: “I love the pious people even though I’m not one of them, and I hate the evil people even though I may be worse than them.” - [Siyar a'lam an-Nubalaa]

'No one will light the lamp of dawn in this darkness except the mujahideen and shuhada' - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

Salam,
    Rather than protesting about nonMuslims consuming alcohol, we should protest about OUR OWN Muslim brothers and sisters doing wrong!
    I'm not saying that we should protest about anything, but 'rather than'.

Or should we leave the nonMuslims to protest/attack racism and these wrong things coming from the Muslims and then WE can protest about something the nonMuslims do?
    Last edited by AidanUK; 15-12-13 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islam3333 View Post
    weird, wouldn't expect an asian to be racist.
    but they are, sadly

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

I think I saw the documentary, it's despicable. I hear of a lot of terrible landlords, I'm not really sure how regulations work here.
    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Looks like a conspiracy of rich to drive out poor darkies.
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmour View Post
    Looks like a conspiracy of rich to drive out poor darkies.
    i don't think so, they were blatently unapologetically racist. This is a shift of responsibility. - you were speaking about the leasing agents??

maybe I misunderstood.
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    i don't think so, they were blatently unapologetically racist. This is a shift of responsibility. - you were speaking about the leasing agents??

maybe I misunderstood.
    Yes, racist because maybe there's a culture that surrounds only supporting rich, white people amongst leasing agents, who have the Department for Communities and Local Government overlooking them. So maybe being racist and rejecting poor non-white people as tenants is part of a bigger conspiracy backed by the Govt.

At least we know the UK Govt plans cutting influx of EU immigrants by one-third.

Leaked: UK plans cutting influx of EU immigrants by one-third

The number of immigrants allowed to move to the UK from EU countries could be cut by one-third and limited to 75,000 people a year under proposals set out by the Home Office, according to a leaked government report.

A classified British Home Office document, seen by The Sunday Times, suggests a cap could cut net migration by 30,000 from the current 106,000 a year.

It has also been reportedly proposed to block EU immigrants from claiming benefits or tax credits during their first five years in the UK.

It means high-skilled professionals from well-to-do countries like Germany and Austria could only move to the UK if they had a job offer, while lower-skilled workers would be allowed to settle if their jobs happened to be on the list of occupations for which there is a national shortage.

The document also suggested giving British citizens a "national preference" by reserving jobs for them, as well as restricting labor movement to the UK from poorer countries joining the EU, until their GDP reaches a figure that is 75 percent of Britain's.

Earlier this week Prime Minister David Cameron said that an influx of non-skilled workers is a "major cause of concern".

Cameron said that when a new country joins the European Union they should not have automatic access to the UK’s market. He pointed out that when Poland and other eastern European countries joined in 2004, they were given instant entry to the British job market, even though those nations are much poorer than Britain.

“As a result, the numbers that came were far bigger than anyone expected: 1.5 million came; it was one of the biggest movements in population we’ve seen in the last few decades," said the prime minister.

To contrast this, Mr Cameron noted that migration was much better balanced between "countries of pretty even GDP", such as the UK and Germany or France and Germany.

"It’s only when you have a real imbalance, when you have a poor country and a much wealthier country that you get these vast movements," the prime minister emphasized.

Later this month restrictions on the movement of Bulgarian and Romanian citizens are due to be lifted, so from January they will gain the same rights to work in the UK as other EU citizens.

Earlier this week the Work and Pensions Secretary, Iain Duncan Smith, proposed clamping down on "benefit tourists" and said that migrants whose command of English is too poor to find a job in Britain could be denied benefits.

"The British public are rightly concerned that migrants should contribute to this country, and not be drawn here by the attractiveness of our benefits system. And we are taking action to ensure that that is the case," Mr Smith explained.

A new, "stronger, more robust test" for migrants who want to claim income-related benefits is being rolled out to job centers across England this week.

The improved test will see the number of available questions increase by over a hundred, while an intelligent IT system will ensure that the amount and type of questions asked are tailored to each individual claimant and their personal circumstances.

Migrants wanting to claim benefits will have to provide "more comprehensive evidence" when they claim to ensure they are doing "everything they can" to find a job, such as "what measures they have taken to establish themselves in the UK by looking at their housing and family situation, or by looking at what ties they still have abroad".

On Friday, the Hungarian European Union Commissioner for Employment, Laszlo Andor, lashed out at the UK's policy on immigration saying "responsible politicians should avoid legitimizing xenophobic reactions that indeed weaken the European spirit".

He threatened the UK with legal action over proposals to step up the rules on migrants.

http://rt.com/news/immigrants-cap-uk...ampaign=chrome
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

let me try AGAIN to explain the difference between racism and bigotry

if black people in london all got together and say they hated white people, that would have no effect on white population, if anything, they would use their media to portray these people as hateful, racist bigots

but not one white person would be fired from their job, not one white person would recieve a harsher jail sentence because he is white, not one white person would be denied housing, employment education etc

all these black people would have done would be to display hateful bigotry

NOW

lets reverse this, and say all white people in london got together and said they hated black people

black people would be fired from their jobs, kicked out of their homes, refused basic services, etc

because the SYSTEM they live under is a racists (race based) system, so these men in these videos did nothing but work within the overall racist culture that exists in european societies, and these societies have been racist for 500 years, and used that attitude and their power and authority to oppress NON-whites, some more than others

i put forth an example to a muslim guji about the difference here. i want all of you to imagine this

your name is Abdullah Muhammad, your wife is named Fatima Muhammad and you have a little girl, you name her Aisha

at one years old, aisha is taken away from you, forcefully, and she now lives with the Robinsons in California. the robinsons dont like that funky name Aisha, so they name her Sally Anne Robinson. from the age of one

Sally Anne (your one year old daughter Aisha) grows up, watching a white santa claus, a white jesus, and white people enjoying life, having fun, going to proms, dances, every TV show features white folks, every movie, every advertisment for diapers, shocks, etc (yes, there are some darkies in some of the shows, but mainly, it is a focus on europeans)

Sally Anne feels completely left out, so she breaks her neck trying to fit in. She hates being brown, even the TV shows showing brown people they are snake charmers, natives, savages, always starving, always looking for European Aid, just a disgrace

Sally Anne now hates who she is and desparately wants to be like the people that have raised her. she goes dancing, singing european songs, she dresses european, she is even proud of her status in this man's world

NOW, at 20 years old, she is returned to you and your wife

is this person anywhere near fit to be a critical thinking, proud, Guji any longer?or is her brain just a wad of goo as a result of being raised in a society that despised her because of her race?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Institutionalised racism has always been a part of this society, especially in the UK.
    Theres also an issue of classes that needs to be taken into account.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.
    - Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.
    - Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

Sally Anne Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmour View Post
    Sally Anne Robinson
    but this is a result of racism

you will find many black people all over the world named steve, joe, nelson

but how many whites will you find named Mkombo, Sudiata, etc?

so when people try to equate the bigotry of some blacks to the racist society that whites have established in this world, its humorous

someone quoted me, regarding how i condemned someone for accusing or condemning someone for their blatant hatred towards another race, and how they cannot see it, then posted i denied being a racist

like i said, it seems people refuse to try to understand, so they hide under generalities that do not apply
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    but this is a result of racism

you will find many black people all over the world named steve, joe, nelson

but how many whites will you find named Mkombo, Sudiata, etc?
    Very good point there.

Odan

I was reading an interesting thesis which suggests that much of the racism towards black people in Europe stems from the fact that the European nobility and aristocrats who ruled over Europe were of African descent and darker skinned compared to the lighter common people. After generations of occasionally marrying into non-aristocratic families and the revolution which swept Europe, white people were able to reshape society and institutionalise their hatred of the aristocracy by making black people 2nd class citizens.

Whilst the author has an afro-centric viewpoint, there is truth in what they say. Up until the conquest of Europe by albino like tribes from Central Asia, the population of Europe were similar in appearance to cousins in Africa. Paintings of European nobility have also been whitened in many cases and if you used a magnifying glass, you can see this. Coins from France also depict Vergotrix, King of the Franks as a man with typical 'African' features. Archaological digs have also found remains of people resembling West Africans.

let me try AGAIN to explain the difference between racism and bigotry

if black people in london all got together and say they hated white people, that would have no effect on white population, if anything, they would use their media to portray these people as hateful, racist bigots

but not one white person would be fired from their job, not one white person would recieve a harsher jail sentence because he is white, not one white person would be denied housing, employment education etc

all these black people would have done would be to display hateful bigotry

NOW

lets reverse this, and say all white people in london got together and said they hated black people

black people would be fired from their jobs, kicked out of their homes, refused basic services, etc

because the SYSTEM they live under is a racists (race based) system, so these men in these videos did nothing but work within the overall racist culture that exists in european societies, and these societies have been racist for 500 years, and used that attitude and their power and authority to oppress NON-whites, some more than others

i put forth an example to a muslim guji about the difference here. i want all of you to imagine this

your name is Abdullah Muhammad, your wife is named Fatima Muhammad and you have a little girl, you name her Aisha

at one years old, aisha is taken away from you, forcefully, and she now lives with the Robinsons in California. the robinsons dont like that funky name Aisha, so they name her Sally Anne Robinson. from the age of one

Sally Anne (your one year old daughter Aisha) grows up, watching a white santa claus, a white jesus, and white people enjoying life, having fun, going to proms, dances, every TV show features white folks, every movie, every advertisment for diapers, shocks, etc (yes, there are some darkies in some of the shows, but mainly, it is a focus on europeans)

Sally Anne feels completely left out, so she breaks her neck trying to fit in. She hates being brown, even the TV shows showing brown people they are snake charmers, natives, savages, always starving, always looking for European Aid, just a disgrace

Sally Anne now hates who she is and desparately wants to be like the people that have raised her. she goes dancing, singing european songs, she dresses european, she is even proud of her status in this man's world

NOW, at 20 years old, she is returned to you and your wife

is this person anywhere near fit to be a critical thinking, proud, Guji any longer?or is her brain just a wad of goo as a result of being raised in a society that despised her because of her race?
    You've overthought that somewhat. Racism is just a specific form of bigotry, just like squares are a specific form of rectangle. All racists are bigots, but not all bigots are racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
    You've overthought that somewhat. Racism is just a specific form of bigotry, just like squares are a specific form of rectangle. All racists are bigots, but not all bigots are racists.
    great

did you get the point?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

An unworthy sinner

This is sick

wr go the same thing here in America. Anyone can accuse you of anything and because youre blacj the police will arrest and charge you.

I was looking for some figures to see if my personal experience of racism in Britain is representative of the society as a whole.

Anyway I found this. It's fascinating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...stm#question25

It's a decade old now though, but still somewhat relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzdalifah View Post
    This is sick

wr go the same thing here in America. Anyone can accuse you of anything and because youre blacj the police will arrest and charge you.
    this is life, on the other side of the tracks.
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

An unworthy sinner

this is life, on the other side of the tracks.
    Yep. and dont be young AND black. its like they think you belong in jail.

police actually get agitated if theu record check you and you dont have a record.

great

did you get the point?
    I think so, but it was confused somewhat by your trying to draw a distinction between racism and bigotry that isn't there. The black people in your example would still be racist (and indeed bigots).

You seemed to be trying to highlight that the impact of bigotry is far more significant when it is bigotry of the majority, or at least the bigotry of those in power. That's true if course, but if you're a victim of racism kind of irrelevant. If, for example, you're a poor white kid getting beat up on an inner-city estate by local black kids for being a whitey, you're a victim of racism, plain and simple. Lecturing that kid on how he'll never be affected by institutional racism in Britain won't do much to heal his bruises.

I think so, but it was confused somewhat by your trying to draw a distinction between racism and bigotry that isn't there. The black people in your example would still be racist (and indeed bigots).

You seemed to be trying to highlight that the impact of bigotry is far more significant when it is bigotry of the majority, or at least the bigotry of those in power. That's true if course, but if you're a victim of racism kind of irrelevant. If, for example, you're a poor white kid getting beat up on an inner-city estate by local black kids for being a whitey, you're a victim of racism, plain and simple. Lecturing that kid on how he'll never be affected by institutional racism in Britain won't do much to heal his bruises.
    if you are a fat kid, or an ugly kid, or a deformed kid

again, you are trying to use individual instances and equate them to an instituional problem by society, it is twisted logic, at best, and deception to be honest
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by Muzdalifah View Post
    Yep. and dont be young AND black. its like they think you belong in jail.

police actually get agitated if theu record check you and you dont have a record.
    aint that the truth

NYPD find it hard to believe you dont have a record, so they use this stop&frisk to put every young black man into the sytem, so if you didnt have a record, you have one now
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by eastafrican1st View Post
    No they don't
    "Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you..." The Qur'an 2:210

If the west or their slaves are pleased with you,
    then something is seriously wrong with you.

~ Ahmad Musa Jibril

if you are a fat kid, or an ugly kid, or a deformed kid

again, you are trying to use individual instances and equate them to an instituional problem by society, it is twisted logic, at best, and deception to be honest
    I wasn't trying to do any such thing, and I don't know why you've said I was. I was just pointing out that your post talking about the difference between bigotry and racism was a bit flawed. If you'd said you wanted to talk about the difference between racism experienced at the individual or societal level I wouldn't have commented. The consequences of prejudice are obviously amplified when experienced through the prism of power/dominance. That's as true for a black kid on an inner city estate in the UK as it is for a gay man in Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
    I was looking for some figures to see if my personal experience of racism in Britain is representative of the society as a whole.

Anyway I found this. It's fascinating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...stm#question25

It's a decade old now though, but still somewhat relevant.
    So 77% of whites are racist and don't think immigrants have made a positive contribution to the UK despite us rebuilding the war-torn economy and contributing billion of pounds every year to the exchequer?

And 53% of whites say our presence in this country has damaged UK society. This despite them being in our lands for over 300 years and refusing to give reparations to us.

Thanks for confirming white racism.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_abdullah View Post
    So 77% of whites are racist and don't think immigrants have made a positive contribution to the UK despite us rebuilding the war-torn economy and contributing billion of pounds every year to the exchequer?

Thanks for confirming white racism.
    LOL. Lies damn lies and statistics there

LOL. Lies damn lies and statistics there
    The question was "Do you think that immigrants integrate and make a positive contribution to Britain?". Only 23% said yes.