Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Dajjal...q's?

Dajjal...q's?

Aslamu Alaikam to all.

I was just watching a youtube clip: Phase 3 pt.10/20, it's narrated by Sheik Imran Hosein, he mentions that the Dajall will live on earth for 40 days, 1 day like a year, 1 day like a month, 1 day like a week, the rest of the days will be like ours.

I'm a tad bit confused, can anyone explain the highlighted parts for me please?

Jazakallah
    He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

I'm a dude, dude.

Re: Dajjal...q's?

*Dunya maths mode enabled*

So, in our words,

1 year + 1 month + 1 week + 37 days

Last edited by KOA; 23-11-13 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by KOA View Post
    *Dunya maths mode enabled*

So, in our words,

40 years + 1 month + 1 week + 37 days

How did you come up with 40 years ?
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

"Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt"
    -
    Juvenal

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

- Fredrick Douglass

I'm a dude, dude.

Whoops. I messed up. Corrected, haha.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by shezad View Post
    Aslamu Alaikam to all.

I was just watching a youtube clip: Phase 3 pt.10/20, it's narrated by Sheik Imran Hosein, he mentions that the Dajall will live on earth for 40 days, 1 day like a year, 1 day like a month, 1 day like a week, the rest of the days will be like ours.

Jazakallah
    It is as it says. 1 day will be long as a year, and a month and a week.......the sahaba asked regarding salah, the Prophet to estimate

Aslamu Alaikam to all.

Jazakallah

I'd advise you not to watch Sheikh Imran Hossein's videos. He has been critizied by scholars such as Abu Mussab, Bilal Philips (if I can recall correctly).

And he sounds kinda creepy lol.
    "Is it other than Allah I should desire as a lord while He is the Lord of all things?..." - Surat Al-'An`ām: 164

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Islam3333 View Post

I'd advise you not to watch Sheikh Imran Hossein's videos. He has been critizied by scholars such as Abu Mussab, Bilal Philips (if I can recall correctly).

Can You please name me one scholar who has no criticism ?

This is the most common problem today , the moment someone does not adhere to my sect or fiqh he is wrong.

We have forgotten that at least that person is Ummah of Prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) , that is the the only thing that really matters.

Let alone all these scholars of Today , if tomorrow I say I do not believe in Imam Malik ( ra ) , Imam Shafi ( ra ) to be scholars ....... it will not take me out of fold of Islam.

Odan

Aslamu Alaikam to all.

Jazakallah
    There is no confusion regarding this , there is a hadeeth about this also.

The hadeeth indicates that Al Dajjal would remain on earth for forty days only. But some days would become elongated. The sun will not set after 24 hrs , but would set after 365 days , to give impression that whole year was just a day.

In same way for a month and a week.

This would be another sign that that is Al Dajjal.

Allah hu Alam.

off topic a little, but where is dajjal? hasn't he been created yet?
    I heard he is locked in an island in the world?

correct me if it's waffles

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by eastafrican1st View Post
    off topic a little, but where is dajjal? hasn't he been created yet?
    I heard he is locked in an island in the world?

correct me if it's waffles

There is a difference of opinion regarding that.

What you said is one of the opinion and cannot be ignored because that particular Hadeeth is in Sahi Muslim.

My personal opinion is also same as you

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Islam3333 View Post

who are abu musaab and bilal philips to criticize Imran sahab. Imran hossien is the best. Just by donning a beard nd a skull cap one doesnt become a scholar. For a Islamic scholar both "WISDOM" and Intellectual are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider man View Post

who are abu musaab and bilal philips to criticize Imran sahab. Imran hossien is the best. Just by donning a beard nd a skull cap one doesnt become a scholar. For a Islamic scholar both "WISDOM" and Intellectual are needed.
    They aren't the only two who have criticized him.
    Many more have, his views have strayed from the views of Ahlul Sunnah.

-
    Juvenal

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

- Fredrick Douglass

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus aua View Post
    They aren't the only two who have criticized him.
    Many more have, his views have strayed from the views of Ahlul Sunnah.
    Criticism has to be based with proofs and should be constructive in nature.

It should be something from which others can learn , not to show off ones own knowledge.

Moreover thousands of websites are against Islam , so what?

Bilal Phillips is also criticized for been salafi ......

Brothers these things are useless. We should not make ourselves party to such groupism.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismil View Post
    Criticism has to be based with proofs and should be constructive in nature.

It should be something from which others can learn , not to show off ones own knowledge.

Moreover thousands of websites are against Islam , so what?

Bilal Phillips is also criticized for been salafi ......

Brothers these things are useless. We should not make ourselves party to such groupism.
    I used to follow Imran Hosein myself, but as time went on certain things he says started become a bit sketchy. For one he doesn't recognize the jihad in Syria, but he wouldn't be the first. And that's not the reason that put me off him. The main reason I stopped following this man was because he stated the the Mahdi will be here in x amount of years and the Dajjal will be hear in x amount of years. Nobody can make those claims and place a number on them, only Allah knows when these events will occur, so for someone to openly put a number on those events is going basically claiming knowledge of the unseen. So from then on I stopped following anything he says.
    I personally don't associate with any group whatsoever, I look at all through the same glass. I take the good from where I get it and I leave the bad. But when I see sketchy things going on I rather no take anything from them.

-
    Juvenal

- Fredrick Douglass

Wow I only asked one question and world war 3 breaks out.

Thanks for the responses brothers.

In regards to Imran Hossein, in my opinion he comes across as a pretty sound bloke. May Allah grant us all wisdom.

I'll message the mods and have this thread closed.

Jazakallah.
    He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Odan

Wow I only asked one question and world war 3 breaks out.

Thanks for the responses brothers.

In regards to Imran Hossein, in my opinion he comes across as a pretty sound bloke. May Allah grant us all wisdom.

I'll message the mods and have this thread closed.

Jazakallah.
    Other than the fact he has many dodgy views, has called the Mujahideen in Syria terrorists and so on.
    He has some interesting views and takes on things but also has dodgy ones as well.......

There is a difference of opinion regarding that.

What you said is one of the opinion and cannot be ignored because that particular Hadeeth is in Sahi Muslim.

My personal opinion is also same as you
    Okay (:
    so you think he's already been created?
    And do you know why he's been created/will be created? has he been created to do a job? or is he sinning himself/has a choice?
    I've always wondered that. I don't know much apart from what he looks like and what he will do.

Okay (:
    And do you know why he's been created/will be created? has he been created to do a job? or is he sinning himself/has a choice?
    I've always wondered that. I don't know much apart from what he looks like and what he will do.
    I've always wondered that too.
    "Is it other than Allah I should desire as a lord while He is the Lord of all things?..." - Surat Al-'An`ām: 164

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus aua View Post
    I used to follow Imran Hosein myself, but as time went on certain things he says started become a bit sketchy. For one he doesn't recognize the jihad in Syria, but he wouldn't be the first. And that's not the reason that put me off him. The main reason I stopped following this man was because he stated the the Mahdi will be here in x amount of years and the Dajjal will be hear in x amount of years. Nobody can make those claims and place a number on them, only Allah knows when these events will occur, so for someone to openly put a number on those events is going basically claiming knowledge of the unseen. So from then on I stopped following anything he says.
    I personally don't associate with any group whatsoever, I look at all through the same glass. I take the good from where I get it and I leave the bad. But when I see sketchy things going on I rather no take anything from them.
    well , yes you are right , no one can know what is in future.

All that a person can do is assume something from Quran and Hadeeth. from the signs.

I have not seen what he exactly said regarding the appearance of Mahdi ( as ) , so cannot say much. But I have seen several scholars trying hard to deduce the arrival of Mahdi ( as ). Personally I have a feeling that he would be seen in this present century , but again its just an opinion. And I am not fixing any particular year

Odan

Okay (:
    brother firstly understand that these things have various opinions. Different hadeeth mentioned by Prophet ( pbuh ) in different time and context. Moreover all might not be authentic , some may be weak , so tough to answer your questions.

My personal feeling is that he has been already created. And that Iblis is already clearing the path for him. if you analyze properly you will see all around us seeds already sowed.

The whole world is under the chain of Interest ( Riba ) , it will be an important tool in the hands of dajjal. everywhere the jews are promoting things that are against Islam. They are trying to destroy the Shariah of Islam. All around you see , Same - Sex marriages are been forced into recognition, There are no Muslim countries in G5 / G7 or other such groups. All these are signs that Dajjal and his forces are working all along.

Nevertheless , with Imam Mahdi ( as ) and Isa ( as ) victory is promised by Allah ( swt ) ...... but before that Muslims would be severely tested.

Allah Hu Alam.

brother firstly understand that these things have various opinions. Different hadeeth mentioned by Prophet ( pbuh ) in different time and context. Moreover all might not be authentic , some may be weak , so tough to answer your questions.

My personal feeling is that he has been already created. And that Iblis is already clearing the path for him. if you analyze properly you will see all around us seeds already sowed.

The whole world is under the chain of Interest ( Riba ) , it will be an important tool in the hands of dajjal. everywhere the jews are promoting things that are against Islam. They are trying to destroy the Shariah of Islam. All around you see , Same - Sex marriages are been forced into recognition, There are no Muslim countries in G5 / G7 or other such groups. All these are signs that Dajjal and his forces are working all along.

Nevertheless , with Imam Mahdi ( as ) and Isa ( as ) victory is promised by Allah ( swt ) ...... but before that Muslims would be severely tested.

Allah Hu Alam.
    Thanks for the info.
    I wish I knew whether he's been created to do a job, or whether he's sinning and whether he had a choice on what he will be doing,
    I'm confused. is he gonna go to hell?

p.s. i'm a sister btw

Odan

Thanks for the info.
    I wish I knew whether he's been created to do a job, or whether he's sinning and whether he had a choice on what he will be doing,
    I'm confused. is he gonna go to hell?

p.s. i'm a sister btw

Sorry to assume you to be brother

Sister as I said earlier tough to answer those questions.

If you ask my opinion , I would say he is created for a purpose. The purpose is for the test of Human beings that are alive on earth at that point of time. he would have some extraordinary abilities , and off course those will be given by Allah ( swt ).

Allah ( swt ) knows best.

Sorry to assume you to be brother

Sister as I said earlier tough to answer those questions.

If you ask my opinion , I would say he is created for a purpose. The purpose is for the test of Human beings that are alive on earth at that point of time. he would have some extraordinary abilities , and off course those will be given by Allah ( swt ).

Allah ( swt ) knows best.
    it's okay.

yeah, I thought the same. I think he's been created to test human beings too. but I was confused because the things he will do sound pretty disrespectful towards Allah, like he's gonna claim he's god etc.

but allah knows best as you said
    thanks

Odan

it's okay.

yeah, I thought the same. I think he's been created to test human beings too. but I was confused because the things he will do sound pretty disrespectful towards Allah, like he's gonna claim he's god etc.

but allah knows best as you said
    thanks
    You have valid point.

But I guess , Allah ( swt ) has his ways of testing.

The hadeeth point out that he is going to be the greatest Test for Mankind. Every prophet ( peace on all ) warned his nation about Dajjal since time of Nuh ( as ).

Another interesting point to note here is that , Nuh ( as ) was the first messenger. I sometimes wonder what the connection is.

You have valid point.

But I guess , Allah ( swt ) has his ways of testing.

The hadeeth point out that he is going to be the greatest Test for Mankind. Every prophet ( peace on all ) warned his nation about Dajjal since time of Nuh ( as ).

Another interesting point to note here is that , Nuh ( as ) was the first messenger. I sometimes wonder what the connection is.
    That's scary man
    wouldn't it be terrifying if he was here since prophet nuh (as) was?
    inshallah we'll never get to see dajjal.

Odan

That's scary man
    wouldn't it be terrifying if he was here since prophet nuh (as) was?
    inshallah we'll never get to see dajjal.
    Nothing scary !!

The prophet ( pbuh ) said one who recites 10 verses from Surah Kahaf will be protected from Dajjal

Abu al-Darda (Allah be pleased with him) related that the Prophet of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, Whoever commits ten verses from the beginning Surat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal.

( Muslim / Abu dawood )

Nothing scary !!

The prophet ( pbuh ) said one who recites 10 verses from Surah Kahaf will be protected from Dajjal

Abu al-Darda (Allah be pleased with him) related that the Prophet of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, Whoever commits ten verses from the beginning Surat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal.

( Muslim / Abu dawood )
    :

Yes, but it is will be the greatest fitna since the time of Adam (AS). It will be such a great test, it will shake the believer to the core. It's not something to be taken lightly. And Allah (SWT) knows best.