Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

HIV + Sisters out there who have married with this problem

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    I am new on this informative forum which I just discovered.
    I have been through a lot in my young life and ask Allah to forgive me. Allah has punished me and I am now HIV+.
    I had dreamt of having a family- A husband and kids but now wonder if this will ever be in my situation. People have told me no one will marry me. I feel sad. I have wasted my life, may Allah forgive me, and please make duaa for me that Allah has mercy on me.
    Are there any duaas that I can say to help with this heartache and to get me closer to Allah.
    And is it a sin to want to marry- I would want my husband to know my status before marriage so I don't have any weight on my conscious. Pls help.
    There is so much I wish I could say, but I am overcome with grief and remorse and shame!!!
    Is there anyone who has married despite this condition? Please share experiences if it is ok.
    Jazakallah

hey hey hey

Re: HIV + Sisters out there who have married with this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Repentantgirl View Post
    Assalaamu Aleikum,
    I have been through a lot in my young life and ask Allah to forgive me. Allah has punished me and I am now HIV+.
    I had dreamt of having a family- A husband and kids but now wonder if this will ever be in my situation. People have told me no one will marry me. I feel sad. I have wasted my life, may Allah forgive me, and please make duaa for me that Allah has mercy on me.
    Are there any duaas that I can say to help with this heartache and to get me closer to Allah.
    And is it a sin to want to marry- I would want my husband to know my status before marriage so I don't have any weight on my conscious. Pls help.
    There is so much I wish I could say, but I am overcome with grief and remorse and shame!!!
    Is there anyone who has married despite this condition? Please share experiences if it is ok.
    Jazakallah
    Asalamualikum ukhtii,

I can not in anyway relate to you, but if it helps know that you will be in my prayers Insha'Allah. Make dua, dua can work miracles and keep asking for forgiveness. Also you can still have the children you wanted I'A, if not through marriage then through raising an orphan
    " Deatachment is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you."
    Like the ocean's water entering the boat, the moment that we let the dunya enter our heart, we will sink. ~Yasmin Mogahed~

Many people in the same situation as you have gotten married.

It might be harder than usual but iA you will find someone.

Sometimes people look for people in similar circumstances and it helps with the process and understandin etc.

You'll find many threads on the forum, posted by people in similar circumstances to yours.

Yarhamukillah.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.
    - Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.
    - Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

wsalaam

I hope you find this link helpful:

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/69742
    He should not marry until he has explained his situation and said, “I have such and such a disease.” If they agree to that then all well and good, otherwise the marriage should not go ahead, because if he conceals his situation from them, then he has deceived them and cheated them, and this woman may transmit the disease to her husband, or the husband may transmit it to his wife, and it may be transmitted to their children after that. But if she agrees to marry you and accepts the will and decree of Allaah, there is nothing wrong with that.

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    Jazakallah

wa alayki assalam sister

There is nothing wrong with you wanting to marry.

We all are sinners in this world sis, but those who repent are the best

Make lots of dua and continue to seek forgiveness, as repentance is always beneficial to us.

I am not aware of a person who has married and had hiv but sis, anything is possible with a sincere heart to Allah aza wa jal He is the most merciful and always wants best for His believers . He neevr punishes us. It is just that sometimes, we cannot understand why we are in such a situation.

Keep your eeman strong, focus on deen and make dua.

When making dua, use the names of Allah, Al Jabbar will heal your broken heart...there are so many names we can use in our duas to make them even more effective.

Do you have famliy support?
    Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 27-08-13 at 02:57 PM.

Wa alaikumussalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Definitely any potential would have to know that you have this, otherwise it would add to your sin in that you would have knowingly put someone else in danger of this.

But that said, all I can advise is constant repentance and lots of patience. Good can come about in the end, and even if it is not in this short life we live here, it can be in a later, better one. No one is beyond being forgiven, and Allah (swt) can lift any situation.

May Allah accept your repentance and lessen your burden sister.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

An unworthy sinner

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    Jazakallah
    People will marry you. You just have to find someone "like" you. Besides this is the 21st century, there are many ways to lessen the chances of it spreading. Trust me sis, everything will be fine inshallah

Salaam,
    My mother knows and she has been supportive. She has done HIV work before so she understands better. She encourages me to stay positive.
    Apart from her, I cannot tell anyone as they will freak out. I do not know what else to do. Alhamdollillah I am in great health, but just knowing I have this thing kills me inside- Allah knows best.

Salaam,
    My mother knows and she has been supportive. She has done HIV work before so she understands better. She encourages me to stay positive.
    Apart from her, I cannot tell anyone as they will freak out. I do not know what else to do. Alhamdollillah I am in great health, but just knowing I have this thing kills me inside- Allah knows best.
    wa alayki assalam
    alhamdulillah that your mum is supportive sis this is a big big blessing. She is right about staying positive though so carry on and keep your faith in Allah.

It cannot be easy to deal with, I could not begin to understand in all honesty sis, but it does require a lot of sabr also. The reality is though, stressing over it will not change things, so try and move on from this as the stress does no good and also, its just a big fat waste of time in all honesty. Easier said than done I know. Try and focus on teh better things in life , the good things instead in shaa Allah.

Salam,

I am very sorry that you are going through this and I really hope you don't have to be alone for the rest of your life due to one mistake, especially if you have repented and turned your life around.

You've gotten some good advice above. All I can add is a few things. Its a good thing you will tell your future spouse ahead of time, they deserve to know. If a family is what you want, than inshallah it in't impossible. Are you taking the prescribed drug therapy (HAARTs)? If you are treated during the pregnancy from the beginning, than there is a very, very low chance the baby will contract the disease.

Also many people believe a myth that it is impossible for a man to contract hiv from a woman, but this isn't true,. It is a lot harder for a man to contract it from a woman than a woman from a man (I won't go into why), but it can happen. So if he knows about your condition and is ok with still marrying you, you have to take extra precautions to keep him safe and healthy and make sure to always use protection. When you are ready to have a baby, you should talk to your doctor about maybe artificial insamination. But before you do anything please talk to your doctor, do some research (don't just take my word for it).

Also if you come across men who are not willing to marry you because of this, I wouldn't hold it against them, they might feel that this a risk they can't take, also there are a lot of misconception surrounding the disease.

Please don't lose hope and inshallah things will work out. Continue to make dua.q

hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by Primrose; 27-08-13 at 03:46 PM.

Account Disabled

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    Jazakallah

Pray whole night everyday. You have lived your youth now it's time to beg infront of your lord. Pray whole night bow infront of him, talk to him, show humility cry. maybe Allah will have mercy on you. Allah forgives all sins except enjoining partner to him. Even you can be cured of your disease becuase the GIVER and curer of diseases is your lord medications are just a channel.

An unworthy sinner

Salaam,
    Not everyone will freak out, you'll be surprised. Have someone help you find a husband so they will use hikmah in vetting those who they should reveal your case to.

Again, you'll be surprised.

be strong sister we are all sinners Allah is so compassionate !!! inshallah you will find a suitable match !! i will make dua for you my sister , may allah make everything easy for you inshallah ameen.

وَالَّذِينَ لا يَدْعُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَهًا آخَرَ وَلا يَقْتُلُونَ النَّفْسَ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلا بِالْحَقِّ وَلا يَزْنُونَ وَمَنْ يَفْعَلْ ذَلِكَ يَلْقَ أَثَامًا (٦٨)يُضَاعَفْ لَهُ الْعَذَابُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَيَخْلُدْ فِيهِ مُهَانًا (٦٩)إِلا مَنْ تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلا صَالِحًا فَأُولَئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَحِيمًا (٧٠)وَمَنْ تَابَ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا فَإِنَّهُ يَتُوبُ إِلَى اللَّهِ مَتَابًا (٧١)

68. and those who invoke not any other Ilâh (God) along with Allâh, nor kill such life as Allâh has forbidden, except for just Cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does This shall receive the punishment.
    69. the torment will be doubled to Him on the Day of Resurrection, and He will abide therein In disgrace;
    70. except those who repent and believe (in Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    71. and Whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, Then Verily, He repents towards Allâh with true repentance.

1) Do what's in the ayah#70, the highlighted part.

2) and then ask this dua, in this hadeeth, to Allah as much as possible.

Umm Salamah RadiyAllaahu 'anhaa reported that Allah's Messenger salalAllaahu 'alayhi wasallam said:
    "Whenever an affliction strikes a muslim and he says, as Allah commanded him, "Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. Allahumma ajirni fi musibati, wa akhlif li khayran minha - To Allah we belong, and to Him will we return - O Allah, reward me for my affliction and replace it for me with that which is better," Allah will then surely replace it for him with that which is better."

The dua in arabic:
    إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون، اللهم أجرني في مصيبتي وأخلف لي خيرا منها

3) Sister I would say it's better to get involved in meaningful things and keep making the above dua. Nothing to despair of. InshaAllah Allah will help u in a way u will be amaze. a sis who posted in this thread does a lot of meaningful charity work. Work with her in those type of service. InshaAllah you will find meaning in your life.

May Allah make your affairs easy for you, grant you the highest success first and foremost in akhirah and then in this life as well.

Last edited by Musaaafir; 27-08-13 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Addes some more
    “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

Just find some bloke who fooled around when they were unmarried and young and now have HIV because of it.

I remeber a brother with an HIV trying to find a wife a couple of years back and I think he was talking to me about some forum with guys and gals with HIV. I can't assure you will find a Practicing Muslim man there because of the nature of HIV and people with HIV ( Most people there are swingers, and some kind of sex freaks) but it's a possbility because generally people are ashamed to talk about this stuff IRL so they depend on online stuff.

Or just try googling Muslim men with HIV or something..

Also, I would advise you against having kids. Sorry sis. This might be the biggest punishment in dunya for you...Having kids while being HIV postive is one of the most selfish things one could ever do. so forget about that..but do google Muslim me with HIV trying to find wife or something.

You got done advice here sis

Keep strong. May Allah make the trials of the dunya easy for you. May he accept your repentance and forgive you

I hope in sha Allah you find someone, but be honest about your illness.

May Allah give you shifa. I know that they are currently running tests to see if they can cure HIV. In sha allah
    Certainly, We shall test you with fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient - those who, when afflicted with calamity say, "Truly to Allah we belong, and truly to Him shall we return." it is those who will be awarded blessings and mercy from their Lord; and it is those who are the guided ones." [ 2:155-157 ] www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muslima London View Post
    You got done advice here sis

Keep strong. May Allah make the trials of the dunya easy for you. May he accept your repentance and forgive you

I hope in sha Allah you find someone, but be honest about your illness.

May Allah give you shifa. I know that they are currently running tests to see if they can cure HIV. In sha allah
    I believe HIV is the incurable disease that the hadith talks about. Only makes sense now tbh. I thought it was cancer at first, but cancer now are being treated with tropical fruits ( No acutal proven test to prove but thousands of poeple being cured from cancer talking from experience) and chemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    I believe HIV is the incurable disease that the hadith talks about. Only makes sense now tbh. I thought it was cancer at first, but cancer now are being treated with tropical fruits ( No acutal proven test to prove but thousands of poeple being cured from cancer talking from experience) and chemo.
    but i htought that every disease that Allah has sent down, He has also sent down its cure

Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    but i htought that every disease that Allah has sent down, He has also sent down its cure
    yeah I heard about that to akhi. I could be wrong tbh..I vaguely remember a thread about a hadith saying there will be some sort of disease that will incurable. Inshaalla there will be cure so people like that op could live the life they want. HIV wouldn't really be that bad if it wasn't transmitted from mother to kid since there's always the option of marrying an HIV positive brother who's tryint to repent as well.

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    Jazakallah
    Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Ukthi, the existence of a Disease or Ilness is not necessarily a form of Punishment,

it can also a be a Means of Forgiveness and a Test from Allah ta'ala, whether you Patiently Persevere through it, or fall into despair and falter,

May Allah ta'ala grant you Shifa and grant you a Muttaqeen Husband,

ameen

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

~Sujudku-utk-AL_LAHSWT~ AyaMikail's Avatar

Salam sister or brother, don't be sad ya. You cannot undo so must be strong and move forward. It's Allah's test upon you. Well you can I guess find a partner in similar case. To have children the only way is adoption. Pray to Allah with all sincerity for a good partner ya. Who knows he or she is not HIV individual. If you remain unmarried do not let it bother you. Must focus on your deen because i do not know how long you still have. Who cares about past mistakes you must see past that ok. In life what really counts is Allah. His guidance,forgiveness and blessing. Only these would allow you to head towards Jannah. Do not despair but use the given time left to please Allah. You are not wasted so please do not give up.
    Last edited by AyaMikail; 27-08-13 at 07:06 PM.
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

hey hey hey

Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): The Prophet said, "There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its treatment."

Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except death."

So I guess the only untreatable thing is death.

May Allah grant you shifa ukhtii and may this experience bring you closer to the Almighty I'A.

Don't give up hope and be patient, nothing is impossible for Allah. Allah says: He is to his servent the way the servent thinks of him, so think ''Allah will make me a way out'' and I'A He will do so.

Pray make dua and recite the Quran, for the Quran is a healing and mercy to mankind.
    Last edited by Rebel101; 28-08-13 at 04:38 AM.
    " Deatachment is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you."
    Like the ocean's water entering the boat, the moment that we let the dunya enter our heart, we will sink. ~Yasmin Mogahed~

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Muzdalifah View Post
    You just have to find someone "like" you.
    I think you should rephrase your statement to sound nicer. People can be so harsh sometimes.
    [CENTER][I][B][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=#800000]"You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#800000]
    [/COLOR][FONT=verdana][COLOR=#0000cd][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Repentant View Post
    I think you should rephrase your statement to sound nicer. People can be so harsh sometimes.
    SMH

he's not being harash.

Where you offended or something?

Anyway op, I wanted to ask you..Are you planning on having kids? Please Dont.

To find a husband you need to find a muslim who is HIV positive. That, are someone whose not willing to have kids..

Why not go to some rural areas and find yourself a husband there.

SMH

he's not being harash.

Where you offended or something?

Anyway op, I wanted to ask you..Are you planning on having kids? Please Don't.

To find a husband you need to find a muslim who is HIV positive. That, are someone whose not willing to have kids..

Why not go to some rural areas and find yourself a husband there.
    Salaams
    Thanks all for your kindness. May Allah bless you abundantly.
    Brother, even Urban people can contract the disease. May be it is a punishment, Allah knows best, that is why I am repenting to Him and asking for forgiveness.
    May Allah guide us all.
    Last edited by علي; 28-08-13 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Removed reference to removed content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel101 View Post
    Wow, really? How Islamic of him. Sister ignore negative comments and focus on the positive ones that were posted. Insha'Allah I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Jazakallah sister.
    May Allah bless you with good health and happiness, and protect you from afflictions in this world and the hereafter.

hey hey hey

Jazakallah sister.
    May Allah bless you with good health and happiness, and protect you from afflictions in this world and the hereafter.
    Ameen habibty and I pray the same for you too. No matter how hard it gets to cope, know that ''Allah does not burden a soul with more than it can handle''.

Alright a bunch of off topic posts have been removed, please no more references to that.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

On Break

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    Jazakallah

Sister, just look for a man who is also HIV positive. There are many out there. You don't have to explain how you contracted it. For all anyone knows, you received a bad blood transfusion. The bottom line is that you are HIV positive. I'm not sure where you live. If you are in US, I would suggest that you search within African-American communities. There is a higher rate of HIV within these communities. I have my own theories about why that is, but that's a different topic. Many African-American men have already converted to Islam, plus there are many more coming to it. My advice would be to check with mosques in south Florida; Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia, New York/New Jersey/Philly, and possibly Chicago. See if they have a marriage service and let them know your status. There is a good chance that there will be some, if not multiple, men in the same situation looking for marriage.

Just find some bloke who fooled around when they were unmarried and young and now have HIV because of it.

A bloke doesn't need to fool around in order to contract HIV. He could have gotten it from a number of different ways.

I remeber a brother with an HIV trying to find a wife a couple of years back and I think he was talking to me about some forum with guys and gals with HIV. I can't assure you will find a Practicing Muslim man there because of the nature of HIV and people with HIV ( Most people there are swingers, and some kind of sex freaks) but it's a possbility because generally people are ashamed to talk about this stuff IRL so they depend on online stuff.

Swingers and sex freaks? How about a woman who innocently marries someone who has it, or a transplant patient, or a child who received a blood transfusion?

Or just try googling Muslim men with HIV or something..

Also, I would advise you against having kids. Sorry sis. This might be the biggest punishment in dunya for you...Having kids while being HIV postive is one of the most selfish things one could ever do. so forget about that..but do google Muslim me with HIV trying to find wife or something.

There is no guarantee that her children will be born with HIV. There are prophylactic measures with high success rates in that regard. This isn't the 1980s. Medicine has and is always developing. Sister, talk to your doctor about it. It isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister_2009 View Post

Sister, just look for a man who is also HIV positive. There are many out there. You don't have to explain how you contracted it. For all anyone knows, you received a bad blood transfusion. The bottom line is that you are HIV positive. I'm not sure where you live. If you are in US, I would suggest that you search within African-American communities. There is a higher rate of HIV within these communities. I have my own theories about why that is, but that's a different topic. Many African-American men have already converted to Islam, plus there are many more coming to it. My advice would be to check with mosques in south Florida; Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia, New York/New Jersey/Philly, and possibly Chicago. See if they have a marriage service and let them know your status. There is a good chance that there will be some, if not multiple, men in the same situation looking for marriage.
    Jazakallah for the info sis

There was a brother on here a couple of years ago who was HIV positive seeking advice and thinking no one would want to marry him. He said he committed zina years ago (i think over ten years ago) but over the years became more deeni and repented so tried to put it behind him but then one day got this diagnosis and was asking if anyone would ever consider marrying him. I've not seen him on here since:S Otherwise I'd have wanted him to contact you.

I don't know anyone with the condition, though I do know of people with hep C who managed to get married.

Stealth-Tech

Assalaamu Aleikum,
    Jazakallah
    Walaikum assalam sister!

May Allah protect all of us, amin!
    I have just talked to my Sheikh after seeing this and he said that I will look into this matter if there is some way out Insha Allah!
    So, you should contact him and tell the whole case.
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=V5frTdWD
    And I am sure Insha Allah! you will be alright.

Just don't lose a hope Insha Allah! you will have a health and family too, amin!

Jazak Allah

Salaam Repentantgirl,

I sincerely hope you are doing well sister. If you are serious about having a spouse and/or family I would definitely talk to your healthcare provider to get the facts on what you can or can't do. Maybe bring your mom too so she'll also know what your situation will be.

Hopefully some helpful info

http://aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/stay...ren/index.html

http://aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/stay...ing/index.html

(P.S. I also do support adoption as well (for anyone), especially if pregnancy is something you don't want to go through)

Quote Originally Posted by XTR3M3 View Post
    Walaikum assalam sister!

May Allah protect all of us, amin!
    I have just talked to my Sheikh after seeing this and he said that I will look into this matter if there is some way out Insha Allah!
    So, you should contact him and tell the whole case.
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=V5frTdWD
    And I am sure Insha Allah! you will be alright.

Just don't lose a hope Insha Allah! you will have a health and family too, amin!

Jazak Allah
    Jazakallah for your concern, and I will most definitely get in touch with him. Thanks again.

Stealth-Tech

Jazakallah for your concern, and I will most definitely get in touch with him. Thanks again.
    No worry sister, just keep on updating him about your position and Insha Allah everything will be fine by the grace of Allah.

Are you still interested in getting married if so contact me in my inbox.

Odan

If you committed zina and got this disease that way then marry someone else who committed zina and has HIV

That is my advice

Dont burden our tayyib, tahir brothers with this