Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Who are your favorite Sahabi

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    Last edited by Yunus aua; 16-08-13 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus aua View Post

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    Abu Bakr ra
    Umar ra
    Abu Dhar al Ghaffari ra
    Anas ibn Malik ra : )

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

abu dharr al ghifari ra
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1294 Post(s)

Not counting Khulafaa Raashidoon (ra) Muadh ibn Jabal (ra) was known to have a constant smile and was a very warm, cheerful, particular charming companion I have been told. (Plus anyone with Jabal in their name - who wouldn't like?)

Abu Dardaa, and Salman Al Farsi (ra) also.

This question has made me want to spend some time re-reading seerah.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1138 Post(s)

One of my favorite sahabies is Uwais al-Qarani, he loved the prophet while Uwais could never see him, since he had to take care of his old mother. But Muhammad PBUH was aware of him and would smell him from far, smell of heaven.
    Last edited by ALAS; 21-07-15 at 10:08 AM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ALAS View Post
    One of my favorite sahabies is Uwais al-Qarani, he loved the prophet while Uwais could never see him, since he had to take care of his old mother. But Muhammad PBUH was aware of him and would smell him from far, smell of heaven.
    He wasn't a sahabi. He was of the tabieen.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    He wasn't a sahabi. He was of the tabieen.
    Thanks a lot. You are right. But he was a great man.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)

Ali ibn Abu Talib, Umar al-khattab

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    520 Post(s)

Bilal ra, the epitome of defiance.
    From a lowly black slave to a man that went onto become the nobility of this ummah and the mu'addhin of the messenger of Allah saaw.
    The story of his torture is famous, he didn't say words to appease his torturers, but used to utter words that would make them furious.

'Umar ra would often say, "Abu Bakr is our master and he freed our master." But Bilal ra would say, "I am only a man who used to be a slave."

Bilal asked the Khalifah, Abu Bakr, to allow him to go to Shaam for jihad, Abu Bakr ra didn't want to, but Bilal insisted, "If you freed me for you, then I will stay and keep you company, but if you freed me for the sake of Allah, then give me permission to leave"

He spent the rest of his life there. He made adhan only twice since then. The first was when 'Umar came to ash-Sham. The second was when he visited the tomb of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam in Madinah. Upon hearing his voice, people started to cry for it reminded them of the days of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

On his death bed, Bilal's last words were, "Tomorrow you will meet your loved ones, Muhammad saaw and his Companions."
    He died in Aleppo at the age of sixty four. His memory is still alive with us today whenever we hear the adhan.

Ahadun Ahad
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

From the book Companions of The Prophet by Abdul Hamid. This book i recommend to anyone and everyone who wants to read the stories of the Companions of The Prophet :saw, it's not long-winded, rather it's short, catching and really engaging. Honestly, one of the best books i've read and i finished it quicker than other books.

"The life of Aisha is proof that a woman can be far more learned than men and that she can be the teacher of scholars and experts. Her life is also proof that a woman can exert influence over men and women and provide them with inspiration and leadership. Her life is also proof that the same woman can be totally feminine and be a source of pleasure, joy and comfort to her husband."

RadhiAllahu anha.

Take that feminism.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)

the four caliphas, in them you have warrior better then khalid ibn walid ra, hayaa more then any sahaba ra, the best follower of muhammad saw, and the best leader who couldve been the next prophet if prophethood didnt end

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite sahabi is Muadh ibn Jabal radiyallah anhu a friend of knowledge, followed by amir al mumineen Ali radiyallah anhu the gate of knowledge, amiral mumineen Umar radiyallah anhu the separater of truth from falsehood and some of the mujahideen at badr like Abu Ubaydah ibn al jarrah, Abdullah ibn Masud and abu dujana may Allah bless all these mujahidiin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

After praising, and thanking Allah he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight11 View Post
    Alongside Abu Bakr As-Sideeq , were the other Khulafa-ar-Rashidoon promised Jannah?
    The famous 10 in that one narration by Abdur Rahman Ibn awf and Saeed Ibn Zayd both that narrated the Prophet said that Abu bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Talha,Zubayr, Abdur Rahman Ibn awf, Abu ubayda, Sad ibn abi waqqas and Saeed Ibn Zayd are all in jannah
    The first four on numerous other occasions were given glad tidings o multiple occasions.
    Other saahaba not in that list were also given glad tidings like Abdullah Ibn salaam the former Rabi, Bilal. Hasan and Husayn leaders of the youth of jannah, Fatimah leader of the women of jannah, Khadijah given glad tidings of a palace in jannah

May Allah be pleased with them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Want to perform Umrah and you are with a short budget? The Cheap Umrah packages are what you want actually. Now perform Umrah within your cipher and forget to worry about the expense.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

wa alaykum salam

salman al muhammadi ra

~dreamer
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1798 Post(s)

For a sec I thought OP was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim First View Post
    He died at 36, and embraced Islam at 30. When he died, the Throne of Allah shook. And 7000 Angels attended his funeral.. SubhanAllah
    Wow , now I have to read about him.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

I find Abu dharr ra really inspiring alhamdulilah
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

كُلٌّ لَّهُ قَانِتُونَ Silent being's Avatar
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    725 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    I find Abu dharr ra really inspiring alhamdulilah
    SubhnAllah my favorite too is Abu Dharr Al Ghifari. He lived a simple and frugal life, a straight forward man may Allah be pleased with him.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, had said of him:

"The earth does not carry nor the heavens cover a man more true and faithful than Abu Dharr."
    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

كُلٌّ لَّهُ قَانِتُونَ Silent being's Avatar
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    725 Post(s)

Al Qa`qa` Ibn `Amr At-Tamimy Radhiallahu 3nhu. Amazing personality.

“no army is defeated when there are the likes of Qaqa’a in their ranks.” Abubakar As siddique Radhiallahu 3nhu

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    751 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gene_oak View Post
    Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA), Hazrat Umar (RA), Hazrat Usman (RA), Hazrat Ali(RA), Hazrat 'Umar bin Abdul Aziz (RA) -- the five pious Caliphs of Islam who in reality established the Islamic Welfare State where justice and happiness prevailed.

Syedna Bilal (RA) -- for his extreme love of Allah and his prophet Sallallahu Alaihe Wa Sallam

Mus'ab bin 'Umair -- Whenever prophet Muhammed (صلّی اللہ علیہ وآلہ واصحابہ وسلّم) talked of him, he said "There is nobody more handsome in Makkah than Mus‘ab. There is no person in the city better clothed and fed than Mus‘ab. There is no child brought up with more affection and love than him." and he sacrificed all of this in pursuit of Allah's pleasure.

Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari (RA) -- He had exclusive right to call Prophet as "Ya Habibi", He asked a lot of questions (cute), always spoke truth and blatant truth.. in Tabuk, he had a very weak camel so he left it and walked all the way to meet Prophet and other companions. People reported to Prophet that Abu Zar is coming on foot. He said:
    "May Allah have mercy upon Abu Dharr! He is walking alone, Lonely will he live, lonely will he die and lonely will he be resurrected. (A group of strangers from Iraq will take care of his funeral and bury him) in another narration." O Allah! It tore my heart!

When world opened its bounties to Muslims and they started living in luxury, he feared that love of dunya will soon engulf and deaden their hearts. He openly warned people about the vanity of this world. Because of his outspoken behaviour he was sent to Damascus. It was worse there. People were building palaces for themselves and living in luxury. He realized that all that was a far cry from the Islamic heritage that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) had given to the community. He built a hut out of blankets on the outskirts of the city and began living in that with his family.
    One day as Abu Zar was openly criticizing Muawiyah by name in the mosque, one person bent over and whispered in his ear: "What are you saying against the ruler? Be afraid of his wrath." Abu Zar turned to him and said:" My friend (meaning the Prophet Muhammad (saw)) had advised me to speak the truth at all times even if it is bitter, and not to be afraid of any critic in truth's path. I pray to Allah: O Allah, I ask your protection against cowardice, save me from being miserly, I do not wish for long life, I ask Allah's forgiveness from this world and the Hellfire in the other world. Then he said: "People are preparing various kinds of food, then they take medicine to digest that food (so that they can eat even more). The Prophet Muhammad (saw) passed on and he never took his fill with two meals in any one day. When he ate dates he would not take bread that day. The people of the House of the Prophet never ate barley bread for three contiguous days, until the Prophet Muhammad (saw) met up with his Lord. Many times months would change and no fire would burn in his kitchen."
    Someone asked: "How did he then survive?" Abu Zar replied, 'he would eat dates and then take a drink of water. Man needs only enough food so that he keeps his strength. Never eat to your fill, because that creates laziness and lethargy. It destroys your body and brings illness and disease. Live a moderate life.'

Abu Zar asked Uthman to let him go to Al-rabathah. During the last moments of his life, his daughter said to him, "I am alone in this part of the country and I am afraid that I will not be able to protect you from the wild beasts." Abu Zar replied: "Do not be afraid, in a few moments some believing men would arrive here, do you see someone approaching?" The daughter replied: "Yes, I see some riders approaching."
    Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari (Radhiallahu Anhu) said: "Allahu Akbar, Allah and his Prophet Muhammad (saw) are really truthful. Turn my face towards the Qibla. When these riders arrive here, say my Salam to them. When they are done with my funeral rites, have this goat slaughtered for them and tell them that I have asked them under oath not to leave without eating a meal."

Khalid bin Waleed (RA) -- Sword of Allah -- Never fell in battle.. extremely loyal to whatever commands he received from Prophet and Caliphs
    Qa'qa' bin 'amr (RA) -- "No army can be defeated if its ranks possess the likes of this man." (Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A.)
    'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar(RA) and Ibn 'Abbas(RA) -- Rabbani and Habar of this nation...

and it goes on and on!!! As soon as I remember more , I will post. Sweet Sweet thread. JazakAllahu Khair!!!
    :

All the rightly guided caliphs and other sahabas are all my favourite , all of them like stars (as in a Hadith) though Abu bakr Ra) shining like a VY Canis Majoris, but Hazrat Abu Dhar Ghaffari (RA) requires an elucidation on his religious zeal right from the start of sending his brother to go to Mecca from Al Ghiffar to spy on the news that someone claims to be Prophet and after incomplete news from his brother he himselfs packs up his things and travels to Mecca and stays at the Kaaba without opening his mouth about his intentions since he knew Meccans were dead against this new Prophet but fortunately Ali (ra) took him as a guest and the third day he opened his heart and his aim . Its said when he was approaching the secret house of Prophet Abu Dhar 's hearing of the Prophet 's reciting of the Noble Quran meters away from that house made him burst into loud weeping realising his Lords words and reciting Shahadha right away on the hands of Prophet with no more queries, Subhannallah, his Love for his Creator, The Lord of the Worlds.

Though Prophet advised them all to keep their faith hidden to escape from trouble since Islam was just few months old but that won't stop Abu Dhar' (RA) Religious zeal to be afraid of any thing ( even a bulldozer ready to crush him wont stop him though its Allowed in the noble Quran) from claiming this Haq of his Lord. the Next action was He walked away straightly out from there into the kaaba corridor on a busy day and claimed in the loudest voice as he can '' ashaadu anna la ilaha ilallah wa wa ashadhu anna Muhammadan Rasululah '' and the people came rushing like water gushing into a deep steep and beat him, kicked him and trampled him like a mad elephant trampling its victim such that he went close to his death but Fortunately Hazrat Hamza (or Abbas) who had not yet embraced Islam by then, ran to his rescue and fell upon him covering him yelling that this guy (Abu Dhar) is from Al Ghiffar which is on the path to Syria where majority of the Meccan business and procurement of goods depended on so that made those people turn back to their senses ffeeling the risk of loosing their very important lively hood and unwillingly left him as one of their leaders had warned. It did not stop with this after getting better Abu Dhar (RA) did the same again (think the next day ) and was dealt in the same way and hazrat Hamza rescued him again (think it happened the 3rd day as well which am not sure )

So such a daring another Hero of Islam was Abu Dhar (RA) was so daring as seen in the above post when he was invited to the King Muawiya (ra) 's palace and was given a huge feast of tens of dishes he FIRST asked the king from whose money he had made all this stuff from ?? He replied himself that if it was from the King's personal money than its an Israaf ( hated extravagance sin in Islam) and if it was from the treasury its a loot or a theft (lol) What a Muhmin , takwa sahaba when many were afraid to speak to the king or to stir trouble even on other issues . ( Yazeed coming to the throne was long after this )

His living and death was also miraculous who told his wife living in deserted area not to worry about his janaza since Prophet had already Prophesied he will die alone and a group of travellers passing by will pray janaza and bury him. It so happened that group even consisting the famous Sahaba Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) was in this group of travellers who recalled what Prophet had long ago about the life and death of Abu Dhar Giffari
    Last edited by talibilm09; 03-05-16 at 03:12 AM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Jibril- View Post
    Bilal ra, the epitome of defiance.
    From a lowly black slave to a man that went onto become the nobility of this ummah and the mu'addhin of the messenger of Allah saaw.
    The story of his torture is famous, he didn't say words to appease his torturers, but used to utter words that would make them furious.

'Umar ra would often say, "Abu Bakr is our master and he freed our master." But Bilal ra would say, "I am only a man who used to be a slave."

Bilal asked the Khalifah, Abu Bakr, to allow him to go to Shaam for jihad, Abu Bakr ra didn't want to, but Bilal insisted, "If you freed me for you, then I will stay and keep you company, but if you freed me for the sake of Allah, then give me permission to leave"

He spent the rest of his life there. He made adhan only twice since then. The first was when 'Umar came to ash-Sham. The second was when he visited the tomb of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam in Madinah. Upon hearing his voice, people started to cry for it reminded them of the days of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

On his death bed, Bilal's last words were, "Tomorrow you will meet your loved ones, Muhammad saaw and his Companions."
    He died in Aleppo at the age of sixty four. His memory is still alive with us today whenever we hear the adhan.

Ahadun Ahad
    I really like Bilal RA , what a person . His saying of ahad , beign laid on that hot dessert sand with stone placed on chest is far superior than 1000 of our prayers.

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Who's your favourite sahabi?

Salamu'alaikum warahmatullah

Obviously radhiAllahuAnhum to all of the sahabah

I have to say I love rasulullah SAW the most.

Who's your favourite sahabi and why?
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Re: Who's your favourite sahabi?

I love A'isha RA. I can relate to her personality.

From the male companions I probably love Abu hurrairah RA the most.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1075 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by candyapple View Post
    I love A'isha RA. I can relate to her personality.

From the male companions I probably love Abu hurrairah RA the most.
    Exactly my favourite favourites... And Khadija (RAA) the one who stood by our beloved when no-one believed him

They were all such great personalities

May Allah enable us to learn about them all (radiyallahu ta'ala anhum ajmaeen) and make our lives resemble theirs. Ameen

Great thread sis <3
    “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

The 4 calipha rashidun especially Abu Bakar sadiq r.a

Khalid bin Waleed r.a
    Amir Hamza r.a

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
    Exactly my favourite favourites... And Khadija (RAA) the one who stood by our beloved when no-one believed him

They were all such great personalities

May Allah enable us to learn about them all (radiyallahu ta'ala anhum ajmaeen) and make our lives resemble theirs. Ameen

Great thread sis <3
    How could I forget khadijah! SubhanAllah, that woman was so nurturing, caring, trusting... beautiful.

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    The 4 calipha rashidun especially Abu Bakar sadiq r.a

Khalid bin Waleed r.a
    Amir Hamza r.a
    Uthmaan RA is another wonderful example.

Especially Umar ibn al khattab RA, because despite his strict disposition, he showed so much clemency towards people when needed. I love that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    904 Post(s)

The 4 rightly guided plus Julaybeeb ra

Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7992 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Julaibib a great man.

I don't like these favourite threads. But I really love 'Uthmaan just based on his morals and modest nature, honesty, and also his generosity, justness, and kind treatment of even those who were his inferior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

الصديق الأكبر (رضي الله عنه) Abu Bakr the great. My love for this mountain of faith is unfathomable. He is the greatest human being to have ever walked on earth after the Prophets (عليهم السلام). His love & devotion to his master, the best of the best, the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was unshakable. He was known to be a slender, tender man with easy, lovable personality. However, when the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) passed away & Arabia was all set to apostatize & devour the young Islamic state, his personality changed to warrior mode; so much so that he lovingly rebuked his brother Umar (رضي الله عنه) for being soft on murtadeen. Peace be on you oh As-Siddiq Al-Akbar.

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2675 Post(s)

Umar (RadiaAllahu Ahnu) cos he was an extremely just ruler, very pious, very modest, had such humility despite being the ruler of many people.

I read a narration (not sure of the authenticity) that Umar (ra) appointed a black Muslim as a part of an envoy to Egypt, he wanted the Black Muslim brother to play an important role, the other side in Egypt refused to work with the Black Muslim official and Umar (ra) said (paraphrasing) that they don't do that (as a part of Islam). So Umar (ra) was against racism too.

I'll look up that narration ^
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    815 Post(s)

Hazrat Abu Bakr RA

His seflessness for Allah and His Rasool SAW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Salman Alfarsi RA he was such a great sahabi how strived a lot to reach guideness .. i suggest on you to read his story if you don't know it .. it's really motivating ... may Allah bless all sahaba and the greatest prophet Muhammad PBUH

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Is that what inspired your user name, Julaybeeb?

Odan
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2041 Post(s)

Lots of fantastic choices here. I am going to be a bit different and say abu ubeyidah ra. Truly the amin of this ummah

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mohamdnour1 View Post
    Salman Alfarsi RA he was such a great sahabi how strived a lot to reach guideness .. i suggest on you to read his story if you don't know it .. it's really motivating ... may Allah bless all sahaba and the greatest prophet Muhammad PBUH
    Salman al Farsi is legendary MaashAllah.

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Lots of fantastic choices here. I am going to be a bit different and say abu ubeyidah ra. Truly the amin of this ummah
    Tell us more about him please

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Umar (RadiaAllahu Ahnu) cos he was an extremely just ruler, very pious, very modest, had such humility despite being the ruler of many people.

I read a narration (not sure of the authenticity) that Umar (ra) appointed a black Muslim as a part of an envoy to Egypt, he wanted the Black Muslim brother to play an important role, the other side in Egypt refused to work with the Black Muslim official and Umar (ra) said (paraphrasing) that they don't do that (as a part of Islam). So Umar (ra) was against racism too.

I'll look up that narration ^
    I like what rasulullah said about Umar ibn al khattab RA:

Narrated Sa`d:
    `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked permission of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him and they were asking him to give them more financial support while raising their voices over the voice of the Prophet. When `Umar asked permission to enter, all of them hurried to screen themselves the Prophet (ﷺ) admitted `Umar and he entered, while the Prophet (ﷺ) was smiling. `Umar said, "May Allah always keep you smiling, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you !" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "I am astonished at these women who were with me. As soon as they heard your voice, they hastened to screen themselves." `Umar said, "You have more right, that they should be afraid of you, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" And then he (`Umar) turned towards them and said, "O enemies of your souls! You are afraid of me and not of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?" The women replied, "Yes, for you are sterner and harsher than Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is, whenever Satan sees you taking a way, he follows a way other than yours!

Narrated 'Uqbah bin 'Amir:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "If there was to come a Prophet after me, it would have been 'Umar bin Al-Khattab.

Odan
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2041 Post(s)

Tell us more about him please
    "Every Ummah (Nation) has a Trustee; the Trustee of my Ummah (Nation) is Abu Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah (RA). Prophet SAW has said that.

Remember during the conquests when he was the commander of the muslim armies umar paid him a visit

He went to his home and saw that Abu Ubaidah RA did not have anything at home - except for one bed, one sword and one shield.

Saiyidina Umar RA said to him:

"O' Abu Ubaidah, you could have arranged some things of comfort for yourself at home."

Abu Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah RA replied:

"O' Umar that is enough for me."

This is the commander of the rashidun caliphate we are talking about. How many of us can do that?

Odan
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2041 Post(s)

I like what rasulullah said about Umar ibn al khattab RA:

Narrated Sa`d:
    `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked permission of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him and they were asking him to give them more financial support while raising their voices over the voice of the Prophet. When `Umar asked permission to enter, all of them hurried to screen themselves the Prophet (ﷺ) admitted `Umar and he entered, while the Prophet (ﷺ) was smiling. `Umar said, "May Allah always keep you smiling, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you !" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "I am astonished at these women who were with me. As soon as they heard your voice, they hastened to screen themselves." `Umar said, "You have more right, that they should be afraid of you, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" And then he (`Umar) turned towards them and said, "O enemies of your souls! You are afraid of me and not of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?" The women replied, "Yes, for you are sterner and harsher than Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is, whenever Satan sees you taking a way, he follows a way other than yours!

Narrated 'Uqbah bin 'Amir:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "If there was to come a Prophet after me, it would have been 'Umar bin Al-Khattab.
    I like what abu ubeydah said about umar

If Umar dies, Islam would be weakened People asked him why and his reply was You will see what i am speaking about if you survive. And subhanallah he was right