Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Who are your favorite Sahabi

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    Last edited by Yunus aua; 16-08-13 at 01:38 PM.

Fly O flag of Tawheed Mujahid Ahmad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

No mention of Aisha(ra) and Zainab (ra). SubhanAllah, the love both of them had for Prophet
    "And thus we have made you a Middle Nation" - Al-Baqarah, Ayat 143.

There are 286 Ayas in Al-Baqarah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

salam

Could you please tell me more about this hadith. Like to whom they are referring to?

Sahih Bukhari
    008.076.585 - To make the Heart Tender (Ar-Riqaq)

Narrated Abu Hazim from Sahl bin Sa'd

The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor (forerunner) at the Lake-Fount, and whoever will pass by there, he will drink from it and whoever will drink from it, he will never be thirsty. There will come to me some people whom I will recognize, and they will recognize me, but a barrier will be placed between me and them." Abu Hazim added: An-Nu'man bin Abi 'Aiyash, on hearing me, said. "Did you hear this from Sahl?" I said, "Yes." He said, " I bear witness that I heard Abu Said Al-Khudri saying the same, adding that the Prophet said: 'I will say: They are of me (i.e. my followers). It will be said, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you left'.I will say, 'Far removed, far removed (from mercy), those who changed (their religion) after me." Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection a group of companions will come to me, but will be driven away from the Lake-Fount, and I will say, 'O Lord (those are) my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge as to what they innovated after you left; they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from Islam)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by -Yassar; 16-08-13 at 10:09 PM. Reason: double post

Fly O flag of Tawheed Mujahid Ahmad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islam4ever110 View Post
    salam

Could you please tell me more about this hadith. Like to whom they are referring to?

Sahih Bukhari
    008.076.585 - To make the Heart Tender (Ar-Riqaq)

Narrated Abu Hazim from Sahl bin Sa'd

The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor (forerunner) at the Lake-Fount, and whoever will pass by there, he will drink from it and whoever will drink from it, he will never be thirsty. There will come to me some people whom I will recognize, and they will recognize me, but a barrier will be placed between me and them." Abu Hazim added: An-Nu'man bin Abi 'Aiyash, on hearing me, said. "Did you hear this from Sahl?" I said, "Yes." He said, " I bear witness that I heard Abu Said Al-Khudri saying the same, adding that the Prophet said: 'I will say: They are of me (i.e. my followers). It will be said, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you left'.I will say, 'Far removed, far removed (from mercy), those who changed (their religion) after me." Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection a group of companions will come to me, but will be driven away from the Lake-Fount, and I will say, 'O Lord (those are) my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge as to what they innovated after you left; they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from Islam)."
    The general opinion is that these were the people who turned apostates in the khilafat of Abu Bakr (ra)
    "And thus we have made you a Middle Nation" - Al-Baqarah, Ayat 143.

There are 286 Ayas in Al-Baqarah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mujahid Ahmad View Post
    The general opinion is that these were the people who turned apostates in the khilafat of Abu Bakr (ra)
    Thank you very much Based on your understanding of this hadith then i have more questions. Who are they? What are their names? What did they do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Abu bakr (radiyallahu 'anhu)

Narrated Abu Ad-Darda: While I was sitting with the Prophet, Abu Bakr came, lifting up one corner of h is garment uncovering h is knee. The Prophet said, "Your companion has had a quarrel." Abu Bakr greeted (the Prophet ) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! There was something (i.e. quarrel) between me and the Son of Al-Khattab. I talked to him harshly and then regretted that, and requested him to forgive me, but he refused. This is why I have come to you." The Prophet said thrice, "O Abu Bakr! May Allah forgive you." In the meanwhile, 'Umar regretted (his refusal of Abu Bakr's excuse) and went to Abu Bakr's house and asked if Abu Bakr was there. They replied in the negative. So he came to the Prophet and greeted him, but signs of displeasure appeared on the face of the Prophet till Abu Bakr pitied ('Umar), so he knelt and said twice, "O Allah's Apostle! By Allah! I was more unjust to him (than he to me)." The Prophet said, "Allah sent me (as a Prophet) to you (people) but you said (to me), 'You are telling a lie,' while Abu Bakr said, 'He has said the truth,' and consoled me with himself and his money." He then said twice, "Won't you then give up harming my companion?" After that nobody harmed Abu Bakr.
    *** “O you who are patient! Bear a little more, just a little more remains.”- Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah ***

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islam4ever110 View Post
    Thank you very much Based on your understanding of this hadith then i have more questions. Who are they? What are their names? What did they do?
    Could you start another thread on this inshallah.
    This thread is about Sahabis, not apostates

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImam View Post
    About Isa (as) being born 600 years ago yes that would mean Isa (As) is after Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Prophet Muhammad (saw) is the last Prophet so yea..

and Isa (as) can be counted a Companion of the Prophet (pbuh)
    Just to clear any misconceptions. adh-Dhahabi mentioned in 'at-Tajrid fi Asma' as-Sahabah': "'Isa bin Maryam is a Prophet and a Companion since he saw the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم). So, he is the last of the Companions to die."
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Obviously, i love them all. But either Abu Bakr, Umar or even Musab Ibn Umayr.

Abu Bakr Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu speaks for himself - he's the best of the best - he was the most knowledgeable of the sahaba - the way he handled himself during the war's of apostasy - even though all the other sahaba were pressuring him to bring back the army of Usama , and wondering regarding the ruling of those refusing to pay zakaat - in the end, Abu Bakr's rulings by the blessing of Allah were proven to be the correct ones.

Umar Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu because of his love for this ummah and his unparalleled sense of justice - and when you learn about him and his khilafah - how can 1 not love him and marvel at him as a person?

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ummm..can't decide..

I like Umar (r.a) because he was stern but at the same time didn't make Islam hard on anyone (meaning he kept things easy, but he would still be strict to keep you on the right path). I've never had someone try to be stern in Islam, i'm surrounded by people who take Islam too lightly. So someone like Umar (r.a) would be preferred by me.

Also Uthman (r.a) because of his modesty, and how people tried to take advantage of him at the end of his life but Prophet (saw) had already told him that Allah would give him something and the people would try to snatch it from him, so Uthman (r.a) stayed strong and didn't give up his leadership. I think that's a big role model for the weaker muslims who give up parts of islam for the sake of people.

So either Uthman (r.a) or Umar (r.a). But tbh i'm kind of biased because i haven't read about many others in detail. But i think all Sahaba are like role models for muslims, many of us can relate to them in different ways.

I'm wondering, is there any hadith that speaks about the importance of Sahaba? I know we should love them, but is there anything about taking them as role models? (ofcourse, second to Prophet muhammad (saw))

Umm Rumaysah - 23/09/2017 Hannahk92's Avatar
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

Khalid bin Waleed.... nothing more needs to be said.
    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

K'ab Bin Malik(r.a.) : stayed behind during the battle of Tabuk without any reason. But was truthful about it to the Prophet upon his return. His honestly saved him from the Hell fire
    (story found in Riyad-us-Saliheen thread, it's long)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Oh my favourite are the following:

1. Bilal al Habashi (ra)

2. Zaid ibn Harith (ra)

3. Salman al Farsi (ra)

4. Abdullah ibn Salam (ra)

5. Suhaib ar Rumi (ra)

6. Jaban Al Kurdi (ra)

But I love the lot.
    Last edited by Repentant; 17-08-13 at 02:35 AM.
    "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abc123d View Post
    Ummm..can't decide..

I like Umar (r.a) because he was stern but at the same time didn't make Islam hard on anyone (meaning he kept things easy, but he would still be strict to keep you on the right path). I've never had someone try to be stern in Islam, i'm surrounded by people who take Islam too lightly. So someone like Umar (r.a) would be preferred by me.

Also Uthman (r.a) because of his modesty, and how people tried to take advantage of him at the end of his life but Prophet (saw) had already told him that Allah would give him something and the people would try to snatch it from him, so Uthman (r.a) stayed strong and didn't give up his leadership. I think that's a big role model for the weaker muslims who give up parts of islam for the sake of people.

So either Uthman (r.a) or Umar (r.a). But tbh i'm kind of biased because i haven't read about many others in detail. But i think all Sahaba are like role models for muslims, many of us can relate to them in different ways.

I'm wondering, is there any hadith that speaks about the importance of Sahaba? I know we should love them, but is there anything about taking them as role models? (ofcourse, second to Prophet muhammad (saw))
    I find it hard to pick between Abu Bakr as Sideeq (ra) and Uthman (ra). They seem similar. Just like Umar al Farooq (ra) and Ali (ra) seem more similar
    "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Incident of Abdur Rahmaan ibn Awf RA (mujahir) and his brother (chosen by Nabi SAW) when he migrated to madinah Sa'd ibn Ar-Rabi RA (and ari). He said to Abdur rahmaan RA .." I am the richest man among the helpers. I am glad to share half of my property with you. I have two wives, I am ready to divorce one and after the expiry of her Iddah you may marry her." But Abdur rahmaan ibn Awf RA was not prepared to accept anything; neither property nor home. So he blessed his brother and said. " kindly direct me to the nearest market so that I may make my fortune with my own hands." And he did prosper and got married very shortly by his own struggle . Sahih Al Bukhari 1/533

SubhanAllah !!! This was the brotherhood, unity, bond the sahaba RA had which our beloved Nabi Sallahu alayhi wasalaam ... Inculcated in their hearts. May Allah SWT return and unite the hearts of the Muslims once again Ameen.

Shaykh Zahir has done a series of talks on some of the eminent companions .. Find it on YouTube . Fantastic mA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus aua View Post
    K'ab Bin Malik(r.a.) : stayed behind during the battle of Tabuk without any reason. But was truthful about it to the Prophet upon his return. His honestly saved him from the Hell fire
    (story found in Riyad-us-Saliheen thread, it's long)
    Could you provide the reference for it in Riyad us Saliheen?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Repentant View Post
    Could you provide the reference for it in Riyad us Saliheen?

Book 1, Chapter 2 (Chapter on Taubah), Hadith 21, If you're checking the thread, it's the last one posted

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abc123d View Post
    Ummm..can't decide..

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-of-the-Sahaba

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has to be the Assadullah Ali, because of his heroic feats in battles and how he spent his entire life, from his youth until his death in the service of Islam. One hadith that I always remember:

The Holy Prophet said: "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate; whoever intends to enter the city should come to its gate."

and also: Ibn Abbas heard Umar ibn Khattab saying, "The best judge among us is Ali". [Sahih Bukhari]

Odan
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2041 Post(s)

When Abu Bakr (RA) was caliph, after Salat al-Fajr he would go out into the desert. Umar (RA) was curious where he went, so he decided to follow him. He saw Abu Bakr (RA) travel and come to a tent. He went in for a while before making his way back to Medina. Umar (RA) went into the tent and found an old woman there with children. He asked her about her situation; she told him that "I am an old ageing widow who is raising orphan children and I am blind." Umar (RA) then asked her about the man who visited her. She said "I have no idea about his name or who he is. He comes everyday and he cooks the food, kneads the dough, bakes the bread, cleans the tent/house, cleans the clothes, milks the goat and then leaves." Umar (RA) asked if she paid him anything to which she replied, "I have no money." Umar (RA) asked how long he has been doing this and she replied, "a long time." Umar (RA) then left the woman and commented, "You have made it a difficult job for the caliphs after you Abu Bakr!"

abu bakr truly ra was the greatest sahabi ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    When Abu Bakr (RA) was caliph, after Salat al-Fajr he would go out into the desert. Umar (RA) was curious where he went, so he decided to follow him. He saw Abu Bakr (RA) travel and come to a tent. He went in for a while before making his way back to Medina. Umar (RA) went into the tent and found an old woman there with children. He asked her about her situation; she told him that "I am an old ageing widow who is raising orphan children and I am blind." Umar (RA) then asked her about the man who visited her. She said "I have no idea about his name or who he is. He comes everyday and he cooks the food, kneads the dough, bakes the bread, cleans the tent/house, cleans the clothes, milks the goat and then leaves." Umar (RA) asked if she paid him anything to which she replied, "I have no money." Umar (RA) asked how long he has been doing this and she replied, "a long time." Umar (RA) then left the woman and commented, "You have made it a difficult job for the caliphs after you Abu Bakr!"

abu bakr truly ra was the greatest sahabi ever

Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

recently I have been learning about Saad Ibn Muadh

RasulAllah said when Saad RA died, "every mother is exaggerating the death of their child except Saads"
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Bint Muaawiya's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)

The death bed of Khalid Bin Waleed [Age 58] Speaks to his old friend "Do you see a space of span of a hand on my leg which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? Do you not see? I have sought martyrdom in a hundred battles. Why could I not have died in battle?" .... "You could not die in battle" ... "Why not" .... "You must understand O Khalid.. That when the Messenger of Allah [Saw] named you Sword of Allah he predetermined that you would not fall in battle, if you had been killed by an unbeliever it would have meant that Allah's sword had been broken by an enemy of Allah and that could never be.

Those filthy kaafirs in Syria have destroyed Khalid Bin Waleeds masjid and grave but his legacy shall never die or be destroyed.

We shall raise our sons like these great men, Abu bakr, Omar, uthmam, Ali, Khalid, masuud, imam Ahmed.. And so many great role models but most importantly like Muhammed saw. The best person to walk on earth.
    Last edited by Bint Muaawiya; 21-08-13 at 03:22 AM.

...اللهم أحفظ لنا قلوبنا whisperofimaan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Abu Bakr RA is definitely number 1 for me.. no one sacrificed themselves or their wealth like he did.. He was the closest to the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam's heart. We love you for the sake of Allah ya khalifat Rasoulullah
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whisperofimaan View Post
    Abu Bakr RA is definitely number 1 for me.. no one sacrificed themselves or their wealth like he did.. He was the closest to the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam's heart. We love you for the sake of Allah ya khalifat Rasoulullah
    First one to enter Jannah, after the Prophets Alayhi Salaam.
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Abdurahman Ibn Awf (r.a.) : Besides Abu bakr, only other sahabi to lead the Prophet in salat

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

Not about my favourite sahabi but i was thinking of how real the sahaba were/are. Like they knew the balance of being tough and soft and were still men. They wouldn't be so harsh to their womenfolk and would be soft towards them and even vulnerable (if i can use that word) like the time where the wife of Umar radhiAllahu anhu was sort of 'having a go' at him but he didn't really retaliate (i'm super paraphrasing so if someone has the full hadith they can share it) and when the man came to him to ask for advice he went back coz he realised Umar's got his own troubles but then remember what Umar said to him about his wife and that she does so much for him etc etc (someone please post the whole thing here). They had that balance of knowing when to be firm and to whom they should be firm to an then also letting their guard down when they're with their women and even with the other sahaba.

Once me and my sister were talking about stuff and she said that Islam is the only religion that can make a grown man cry. This man can put on the biggest 'i'm mr macho macho, can't touch this' tough man exterior where everyone is scared of him but when this same man goes into salah and says Allahu Akbar or when he raises his hands in dua, becomes the softest and most vulnerable human out there. None of this takes away from being a man or anything that society promotes like not crying etc (although the crying must always be in context).

Nothing subhanAllah, nothing really can make such a tough hard rock cry apart of Imaan and the words of Allah. It's truly something. And this is what i admire about the Sahaba, they were real men and real humans in all senses subhanAllah, they weren't half an half of anything or insecure about being good to their women etc.

An another thing that came to mind one day was imagine if Abu Bakr and Umar radhiAllahu anhumaa were in my living room with my brothers and father, what a picture that would be. Such amazing individuals may Allah be pleased with them all and allow us to meet them all ameen.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Khalid Bin al Walid

......................... arif123f's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)

Hazrat Abu Bakr(Radiallahu anhu)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samin62 View Post
    recently I have been learning about Saad Ibn Muadh

RasulAllah said when Saad RA died, "every mother is exaggerating the death of their child except Saads"
    He died at 36, and embraced Islam at 30. When he died, the Throne of Allah shook. And 7000 Angels attended his funeral.. SubhanAllah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    552 Post(s)

Awesome thread.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)

Ali ( )

why ?

# Prophet said Ali you are in the same position to me as Haroon was To Musa . We all know what was position of Haroon ( as ) in the nation of Musa ( as )

# Prophet said Ali will fight for the interpretation of Quran , just as I fought for revelation of Quran.

# In all battles of prophet the flag was in the Hand of Ali.

# Battle of Khybar ...... need not say more about that.

# Imam Hanbal ( ) said the Khilafat did not glorify Ali , but Ali glorified the khilafat.

# The most Important of all ....... The progeny of prophet ( pbuh ) is none other than progeny of Ali .

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

though not mentioned by many.... Abu Ayyub Al Ansari

first time when Rasulullah pbuh arrived in Medina, people halted him and his camel so he would stay with them. but Rasul said, leave the camel be, because Allah leads it. so the camel stopped at Abu Ayyuv's house. He was a pretty poor man, but Allah chose his house to be the temporary home of Rasulullah.

Abu Ayyub was a loyal sahabi. he always participated in every battle. after battle of Hunain, Rasulullah saw Abu Ayyub guarding outside his tent while all sahabas slept. So Rasulullah asked Abu Ayyub why, and he answered, ''I'm afraid of evil befallen on you yaa Rasul, because this woman (Saafiya bint Huyain) you just defeated her tribe, Ali just killed her husband and father, I'm afraid she will harm you''. So Rasulullah prayed for Abu Ayyub.

the sahabi also participated in Battle of Shiffin in the side of 'Ali ibn Abi Thalib, and he died shaheed during the conquest mission of Constantinople during the reign of Yazid.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    661 Post(s)

Salman al Farsi (ra) why? his journey to Islam. Some reverts could relate to him. Wow from being raised in a Zoroastrian family, embracing Christianity then sold into slavery (several hardships in between) and then finally meeting Muhammed (saw) and embracing Islam,
    Last edited by Mohamed Mifxal; 03-05-15 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)

Alongside Abu Bakr As-Sideeq , were the other Khulafa-ar-Rashidoon promised Jannah?
    Last edited by starrynight11; 01-06-15 at 06:32 PM.
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight11 View Post
    Alongside Abu Bakr As-Sideeq (RA), were the other Khulafa-ar-Rashidoon promised Jannah?

yes they were, along with six more companions...
    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
    Salman al Farsi (ra) why? his journey to Islam. Some reverts could relate to him. Wow from being raised in a Zoroastrian family, embracing Christianity then sold into slavery (several hardships in between) and then finally meeting Muhammed (saw) and embracing Islam,
    and subhanallah when he was a slave of a Jew, he asked his master freedom. but this Jew demanded an insanely high price, some bags of gold and a garden filled with several hundreds of date trees.

so when Rasulullah won a battle, from the ghaneemah he paid the Jew the gold. as for the garden, the sahabis from Ansar and Muhajireen helped collectively to buy a land and plant each date trees in it, until it met the price the Jew asked. then afterward, Salman was free from slavery. he could participate in battles with Rasulullah whereas previously he couldn't.

subhanallah for such a brotherhood.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Owais Karni.

I dnt think this man met the holy prophet so I dnt know if he is a sahaba but the fact that the holy prophet asked hz Umar r.a and hz Ali r.a to find him and ask him to pray for them and the ummah shows how much the reward is for caring for your mother. SubhanAllah.

Also hz Amir Hamza and hz Adbullah bin Jahsh.

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

I'm reading a book on the sahaba radhiAllahu anhum. Very interesting. It's very brief but very nice.

There was a sahabi who would play practical jokes was known for making the sahaba and RasoolAllah laugh, his name was An-Nu'ayman Ibn Amr

Never knew this. Puts pranks in a different light.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    520 Post(s)

Not a sahabi but one of the prominent ones from the next generation.

Abu Muslim Al Khawlani ra.
    His stories always leave me in awe.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links