Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Who are your favorite Sahabi

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    Last edited by Yunus aua; 16-08-13 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Re: Who's your favourite sahabi?

Quote Originally Posted by candyapple View Post
    Uthmaan RA is another wonderful example.

Especially Umar ibn al khattab RA, because despite his strict disposition, he showed so much clemency towards people when needed. I love that.
    You're absolutely right.
    Hazrat Uthman r.a. is the only man in history to marry 2 daughters of a prophet.
    So modest that even the angels would feel shy around him.
    And a man of courage. Deprived of water for 40 days from a well he bought for the ummah before he was martyred in his own house.

Hazret Salman farsi biography is very intesresting. How he left his Persian home and went to Rome to serve the pope. Then came to Medina to see the prophet. This whole journey is amazing. Id recommed those who havent read about this great sahaba yet to read about him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Quote Originally Posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
    The death bed of Khalid Bin Waleed [Age 58] Speaks to his old friend "Do you see a space of span of a hand on my leg which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? Do you not see? I have sought martyrdom in a hundred battles. Why could I not have died in battle?" .... "You could not die in battle" ... "Why not" .... "You must understand O Khalid.. That when the Messenger of Allah [Saw] named you Sword of Allah he predetermined that you would not fall in battle, if you had been killed by an unbeliever it would have meant that Allah's sword had been broken by an enemy of Allah and that could never be.

Those filthy kaafirs in Syria have destroyed Khalid Bin Waleeds masjid and grave but his legacy shall never die or be destroyed.

We shall raise our sons like these great men, Abu bakr, Omar, uthmam, Ali, Khalid, masuud, imam Ahmed.. And so many great role models but most importantly like Muhammed saw. The best person to walk on earth.
    the mushriks will taste the sword of a new khalid inshaAllah

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus aua View Post

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    ones lower jaw hurts trying to keep emotions controlled from reading the excerpts posted here.
    too much their personalities were varying soooo much, i love the story of how the women feared umar when they heard his voice near by

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

4 khulafa rashideen
    Azubair ibn alwaam
    Zaid ibn harith
    Osama ibn zaid
    Nusayba bint ka'ab
    Abu hanzala
    Abu julaybeeb
    Abu miqhtad

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    I wonder if anyone knows Julaybib (rd) The ugly Sahaba (hate calling him that)
    Yes and to think how he passed away and how the others only thought of the close friends and relatives until Rasool SAW but I lost Julaybib

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    Yes and to think how he passed away and how the others only thought of the close friends and relatives until Rasool SAW but I lost Julaybib
    He is of me and I am of him
    ALLAHU AKBAR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hazrat Umar e Farooq (R.A). His leadership style should an ideal example for our politicians. But, unfortunately, there is nothing like that.