Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Who are your favorite Sahabi

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    Last edited by Yunus aua; 16-08-13 at 01:38 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus aua View Post

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters
    Inshallah add a little description of they roles as sahabi and their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    All are my favorite.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider man View Post
    All are my favorite.
    Please no more answers like this.
    You couldn't possibly know all 10.000 + of them, let's be real

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please no more answers like this.
    You couldn't possibly know all 10.000 + of them, let's be real
    Hazrat ali (r a) is my fav. But he is from ahlul bait and not sahabi.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Hazrat ali (r a) is my fav. But he is from ahlul bait and not sahabi.
    I'm pretty sure he is still a sahabi.

A Sahabi is anyone who was Muslim and met the Prophet and died as a Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

All the sahaba's (RA) were awesome but I have a particular attachment to Umar (RA) maybe because our names are kinda identical... And I'm also a very emotional person as well.

EDIT: This was my 1,000th post. I pray that Allah (SWT) makes me as close to Umar (RA) as I can possibly be...
    Last edited by kh4N; 16-08-13 at 11:28 AM.

Abu Awesome
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)

yh thats right

Abu Awesome
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)

mine is uthman (ra)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So hazrat ali is my favorite followed by Hazrat umar (r a) and then hazrat khalid bin waleed (r a)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Khalid ibn Walid RA.. for obvious reasons.
    Isa ibn Maryam AS
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Bilal ibn Rabah - He loved the Prophet so much that he choked when trying to make adhaan, and had to stay away from makkah and madinah to conquer his depression. The minute he came back he fell upon his grave and pressed his face against it in tears. Whenever I hear any narration about bilal I cannot keep my eyes dry. http://www.hadithoftheday.com/did-yo...lal-ibn-rabah/ & http://www.systemoflife.com/articles...#axzz2c8AFJnuj

Khadija bint Khuwaylid - She believed in him when nobody else did, she gave up everything she had to support him, she comforted him when his people rejected him, Allah greeted her personally with glad tidings of jannah. http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/..._khuwaylid.php

Julaybib - Was a kind man who was short and deformed, and so his people hated him and left him homeless and hungry. He asked the Prophet 'why will no one let me marry their daughter'? And so the Prophet had him married. When julaybib was killed in battle, the men asked 'is anyone missing?' and the Prophet(saw) said 'I am missing julaybib! send men to search for him". "The Prophet of Allah stood over him and said: He killed seven and then was killed? This man is of me and I am of him. He repeated this two or three times. The Prophet (S) then took him in his arms and it is said that he had no better bed besides the forearms of the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet (S) then dug for him a grave, and himself placed him in it. " http://www.qss.org/articles/julaybib/julaybib.html

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslim First View Post
    Khalid ibn Walid RA.. for obvious reasons.
    Isa ibn Maryam AS
    Isa bin maryam is not a sahabi, he was a prophet born 600 years ago, get your fact right. Go on wikipedia and check it with your ownself.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

salaams to all

from what i know, Haz Umar (Rad) is my favourite
    but im sure i would find all 124 000 approx of them very interesting, if i knew more about them

(Imam Suyuti in his al-Hawi stated that al-Hakim reported that Abu Dharr asked the Prophet (s) how many Prophets and Messengers there were and the response was respectfully, 124,000 and 313 (another narration say 315))

As far as the number of Walis as the same number of the Prophets, this can be deduced from when the Prophet (saw) gave indications and made reference of what qualities certain Sahabah had in relation to former Prophets. Like Sayyidina `Umar (ra) to Musa (as) and another Sahabi to Dawud (as). The numbers of Sahabah were 124,000 during the Farewell Sermon.

Ibn `Arabi explained that every wali takes from a certain Prophet, except for the Qutb who takes directly from the Messenger (s) himself.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Umm Habiba RA as well, the Mother of wala bara. She had so much love for the Din, When her father came to visit her. She told her Father Abu Sufyan RA that he wasn't good enough, to sit on the carpet of the Messenger , because he was a mushrik (at the time)
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Abu Awesome
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)

zubayr bin al awam - amazing sahabi

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)

Abu Bakr As-Saddeeq (RA) : Given the title the ''most truthful'', most beloved to the prophet from the sahaba S.A.W, first man to submit to Allah, appointed 1st khalifa, one of the 10 promised Jannah.

Uthmaan Ibn ‘Affaan (RA): among the first believers, married the Prophet's daughters, closest to the prophet S.A.W in character [modesty], gathered and wrote down the Quran, was khalifa, died as a shaheed holding the Quran, among the 10 promised Jannah

Bilal ibn Rabah or Bilal Al-Habeshi (RA): freed slave,among the first believers, first Muezieen, had the most beautiful voice for Izaan, Prophet heard his footsteps ahead of him in Jannah, fell into deep depression following the death of the Prophet S.A.W, gave up doing Azaan shortly after and died at the age of 60.

Beautiful thread.
    Last edited by Rebel101; 16-08-13 at 11:39 AM.

Abu Awesome
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)

abdurrahman (ra)
    talha (ra)

those tw

With The Mujahideen Allah's_Servant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3156 Post(s)

Umar (rd)

Bilal (rd)

and

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd)

Fly O flag of Tawheed Mujahid Ahmad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Isa bin maryam is not a sahabi, he was a prophet born 600 years ago, get your fact right. Go on wikipedia and check it with your ownself.
    Isa(AS) is considered a sahabi. A sahabi is someone who met RasulAllah(SAW) and died on the faith of Islam. Isa (AS) met him on The night journey and he will die on the faith of Islam. That makes him a Sahabi as well as a Prophet.

On Topic: This is Soo hard to Choose. Umar (ra) has always been someone i wish i could meet.But then again, so has been Abu Bakr(ra) , Ali(ra) and Bilal(ra)
    "And thus we have made you a Middle Nation" - Al-Baqarah, Ayat 143.

There are 286 Ayas in Al-Baqarah.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3156 Post(s)

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) why am I the only one who mentioned her? She is so inspiring Subhanallah dedicated a whole thread to her and Bilal (rd)

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) the first Martyr of Islam and she was a woman never turned away from Islam even when she was being tortured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA), Hazrat Umar (RA), Hazrat Usman (RA), Hazrat Ali(RA), Hazrat 'Umar bin Abdul Aziz (RA) -- the five pious Caliphs of Islam who in reality established the Islamic Welfare State where justice and happiness prevailed.

Syedna Bilal (RA) -- for his extreme love of Allah and his prophet Sallallahu Alaihe Wa Sallam

Mus'ab bin 'Umair -- Whenever prophet Muhammed (صلّی اللہ علیہ وآلہ واصحابہ وسلّم) talked of him, he said "There is nobody more handsome in Makkah than Mus‘ab. There is no person in the city better clothed and fed than Mus‘ab. There is no child brought up with more affection and love than him." and he sacrificed all of this in pursuit of Allah's pleasure.

Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari (RA) -- He had exclusive right to call Prophet as "Ya Habibi", He asked a lot of questions (cute), always spoke truth and blatant truth.. in Tabuk, he had a very weak camel so he left it and walked all the way to meet Prophet and other companions. People reported to Prophet that Abu Zar is coming on foot. He said:
    "May Allah have mercy upon Abu Dharr! He is walking alone, Lonely will he live, lonely will he die and lonely will he be resurrected. (A group of strangers from Iraq will take care of his funeral and bury him) in another narration." O Allah! It tore my heart!

When world opened its bounties to Muslims and they started living in luxury, he feared that love of dunya will soon engulf and deaden their hearts. He openly warned people about the vanity of this world. Because of his outspoken behaviour he was sent to Damascus. It was worse there. People were building palaces for themselves and living in luxury. He realized that all that was a far cry from the Islamic heritage that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) had given to the community. He built a hut out of blankets on the outskirts of the city and began living in that with his family.
    One day as Abu Zar was openly criticizing Muawiyah by name in the mosque, one person bent over and whispered in his ear: "What are you saying against the ruler? Be afraid of his wrath." Abu Zar turned to him and said:" My friend (meaning the Prophet Muhammad (saw)) had advised me to speak the truth at all times even if it is bitter, and not to be afraid of any critic in truth's path. I pray to Allah: O Allah, I ask your protection against cowardice, save me from being miserly, I do not wish for long life, I ask Allah's forgiveness from this world and the Hellfire in the other world. Then he said: "People are preparing various kinds of food, then they take medicine to digest that food (so that they can eat even more). The Prophet Muhammad (saw) passed on and he never took his fill with two meals in any one day. When he ate dates he would not take bread that day. The people of the House of the Prophet never ate barley bread for three contiguous days, until the Prophet Muhammad (saw) met up with his Lord. Many times months would change and no fire would burn in his kitchen."
    Someone asked: "How did he then survive?" Abu Zar replied, 'he would eat dates and then take a drink of water. Man needs only enough food so that he keeps his strength. Never eat to your fill, because that creates laziness and lethargy. It destroys your body and brings illness and disease. Live a moderate life.'

Abu Zar asked Uthman to let him go to Al-rabathah. During the last moments of his life, his daughter said to him, "I am alone in this part of the country and I am afraid that I will not be able to protect you from the wild beasts." Abu Zar replied: "Do not be afraid, in a few moments some believing men would arrive here, do you see someone approaching?" The daughter replied: "Yes, I see some riders approaching."
    Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari (Radhiallahu Anhu) said: "Allahu Akbar, Allah and his Prophet Muhammad (saw) are really truthful. Turn my face towards the Qibla. When these riders arrive here, say my Salam to them. When they are done with my funeral rites, have this goat slaughtered for them and tell them that I have asked them under oath not to leave without eating a meal."

Khalid bin Waleed (RA) -- Sword of Allah -- Never fell in battle.. extremely loyal to whatever commands he received from Prophet and Caliphs
    Qa'qa' bin 'amr (RA) -- "No army can be defeated if its ranks possess the likes of this man." (Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A.)
    'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar(RA) and Ibn 'Abbas(RA) -- Rabbani and Habar of this nation...

and it goes on and on!!! As soon as I remember more , I will post. Sweet Sweet thread. JazakAllahu Khair!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImam View Post
    Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) why am I the only one who mentioned her? She is so inspiring Subhanallah dedicated a whole thread to her and Bilal (rd)

Sumayah bint Khubbat (rd) the first Martyr of Islam and she was a woman never turned away from Islam even when she was being tortured
    That's the purpose of this thread, there are many we don't know, we each know and look up to a certain few.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3156 Post(s)

That's the purpose of this thread, there are many we don't know, we each know and look up to a certain few.
    I wonder if anyone knows Julaybib (rd) The ugly Sahaba (hate calling him that)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of the most beautiful stories. I would recommend everyone to read about him(ra).
    Use this for a start : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0faaRIW1bJo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Someone did mention him post # 11

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    520 Post(s)

Not a sahabi, but a tabi'i I think.

Abu Muslim Al Khawlani.

It is recorded by Sheikh Aa'id Abdullah al-Qarni that Al Aswad al Ansi, was a man in Yemen who claimed prophethood. His army captured the tabi, Abu Muslim al Khawlani. Al Aswad al Ansi asked Abu Muslim al Khawlani to believe in him and testify that he is a messenger. Abu Muslim responded by saying: "I can't hear a thing." Al Aswad al Ansi asked Abu Muslim al Khawlani a second time, he received the same response "I can't hear you!"

Al Aswad al `Ansi ordered firewood to be prepared and lit a huge bonfire. Abu Muslim al Khawlani was tied up by rope and then thrown in to the fire. Abu Muslim al Khawlani said: Hasbuna'Llah wa ni`mal wakeel (Allah is sufficient for us and He is the best Protector" - the words that Muslims believe the prophet Ibrahim said when he was thrown in fire), so Allah made the fire cool and safe for him. All that burnt was the rope (subhanallah!).

Al Aswad al Ansi's advisors told him that this man is not a normal person and he will be a fitna for us, so he should be banned from Yemen. Abu Muslim al Khawlani was told to leave the land. He then travelled to Al Madinah Al Munawarah. He reached Madinah and entered Masjid an Nabwi. Abu Bakr and Umar radhiallah anhuma were seated in the masjid. Umar bin khattab stood up, approached this stranger (who he'd never seen before) and said, "Tell me about the man who was thrown in to the fire?" He said, "His name is Abu Muslim al Khawlani." Umar said, "Tell me, are you not that man?" He replied "Yes!"

Umar radhiallah anhu then said, "Praised be to Allah who allowed me to live and see a man who has performed the same action as Nabi Ibrahim alayi salam."
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3156 Post(s)

Lets see Wahshy ibn Harb his story is just wow I can't even begin to put words to his story. From killing Hamza (rd) to becoming a Muslim and ighting with the Muslims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Abu Bakar (ra) the one with strong character, very dearly to prophet (pbuh), but he was also easy to weep. Masha Allah strong character but soft heart. How many persons can be like that? He was also the one who rushed to do good deeds.

Umar bin Khattab (ra) I admired his marriage advices. One day someone came to him because he couldnt stand with his wife. But before entering Umar's house, he heard that Umar's wife was angry with him but Umar kept silent. Umar said to that man, she was my wife, who cooked my food, washed my clothes. How could I not be patient with her? Subhanallah. How many leaders are now able to treat their wives like that?

Makes me thinking why is it so little source of information regarding shahabas' wives?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Incorrect. It's a companion of Rasulullah
    "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein" ~ Holy Quran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Rasulullah is the last Prophet to ever visit mankind and he was with us 1,400 years ago.
    How could Isa ibn Maryam be born after him? (may peace and blessings be upon him.)
    "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein" ~ Holy Quran

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3156 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Khan View Post
    Rasulullah is the last Prophet to ever visit mankind and he was with us 1,400 years ago.
    How could Isa ibn Maryam be born after him? (may peace and blessings be upon him.)
    He also went to Wikipedia for sources

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Incorrect. It's a companion of Rasulullah
    what?

I didn't meant translation of the word, I was talking about its definition. big difference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

He also went to Wikipedia for sources
    Which means he is wrong, am I right?

what?
    The Sahabeh were companions of Prophet Muhammad
    That's what I've always been taught to believe.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

The definition of Sahabi is someone who saw the Prophet and believed in him as well as died a Muslim. The Munafiqs and other disbelievers who were contemporaries of the Prophet in Madina and Mecca are not considered Companions.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3156 Post(s)

Which means he is wrong, am I right?.
    About Isa (as) being born 600 years ago yes that would mean Isa (As) is after Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Prophet Muhammad (saw) is the last Prophet so yea..

and Isa (as) can be counted a Companion of the Prophet (pbuh)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Which means he is wrong, am I right?

How many were there?
    Companions is the translation of the word.
    The definition is not the same as a translation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are different definitions of 'Sahaba'. The most accepted one is 'Someone who met the Prophet (SAW) , believed in him and died in the state of Islam.

Also, guys. be a little gentle on Spiderman. He probably meant Isa(AS) was born 600 years before prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Clarification on What is a Sahabi

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-t...rm/175145.html

احد احد احد احد احد احد anonymous321's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Umar Ibn Khattab -
    Abdullahi Ibn Umar
    Abdullahi Ibn Masud
    Talha Ibn Ubaidullah
    Abdullahi Ibn Abbas
    Khalid Ibn Waleed
    Usama Ibn Zayd.

May Allah be pleased with all of them.
    Last edited by anonymous321; 16-08-13 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Jazakh'Allah for the correction.