Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Dua for having a Baby Boy?

Asalaam Alaikum All,

I need some advice and have joined this forum in the hope that I will get some answers In'Sha'Allah.

My wife is pregnant but we are unsure if it is permissible to be asking Allah to bless us with a baby boy? If it is OK for us to pray for a boy can anyone please provide a dua and proof from the relevant hadith or versus from the Quran that shows that this is ok for us to do?

We went to an Imam and he asked us to read the following but I didn't ask what it meant (I thought it would be disrespectful). The Imam asked for my wife to read the following:

"Allah Humma Man Kana Fi Hazal Badni Fa Ee Mu Hu Mohammed"

What does the above mean?

Jazakallah

Re: Dua for having a Baby Boy?

I'm not sure what it means, but just continue making Dua. It's up to Allah. Is there a reason you want a boy specifically? You don't have to answer. But I hope it's not because of a dislike for female children. Do not become upset or disappointed if Allah blesses you with a baby girl. He knows what's best for you.
    Nothing is impossible with Allah

Usually its probably best to ask for a healthy baby as any child is a blessing.

Am not sure. Allah A'lam

Quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl93 View Post
    I'm not sure what it means, but just continue making Dua. It's up to Allah. Is there a reason you want a boy specifically? You don't have to answer. But I hope it's not because of a dislike for female children. Do not become upset or disappointed if Allah blesses you with a baby girl. He knows what's best for you.
    Thank you sister.

Don't get me wrong it is not because I dislike females in any way we both just wanted a boy first so the girls have an elder brother that's all. We have been praying for a healthy baby I just wanted to know if there was any kind of dua that can be read to pray for a boy?

[Mention, O Muhammad], when the wife of 'Imran said, "My Lord, indeed I have pledged to You what is in my womb, consecrated [for Your service], so accept this from me. Indeed, You are the Hearing, the Knowing."

But when she delivered her, she said, "My Lord, I have delivered a female." And Allah was most knowing of what she delivered, "And the male is not like the female. And I have named her Mary, and I seek refuge for her in You and [for] her descendants from Satan, the expelled [from the mercy of Allah ]."

So her Lord accepted her with good acceptance and caused her to grow in a good manner and put her in the care of Zechariah. Every time Zechariah entered upon her in the prayer chamber, he found with her provision. He said, "O Mary, from where is this [coming] to you?" She said, "It is from Allah . Indeed, Allah provides for whom He wills without account."

At that, Zechariah called upon his Lord, saying, "My Lord, grant me from Yourself a good offspring. Indeed, You are the Hearer of supplication."

[Surah 3:38]

You never know what having a girl as the oldest would do for you!

We can plan as much as we want, and believe that having a boy first will allow him to protect his younger siblings and keep them in check, ultimately it is up to Allah.

I love the following Ayaah so much, and it fits your situation perfectly,

And those who say, "Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous."

Those will be awarded the Chamber for what they patiently endured, and they will be received therein with greetings and [words of] peace.
    [Surah 25:74-75]

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by billy_111 View Post
    Asalaam Alaikum All,

I need some advice and have joined this forum in the hope that I will get some answers In'Sha'Allah.

My wife is pregnant but we are unsure if it is permissible to be asking Allah to bless us with a baby boy? If it is OK for us to pray for a boy can anyone please provide a dua and proof from the relevant hadith or versus from the Quran that shows that this is ok for us to do?

We went to an Imam and he asked us to read the following but I didn't ask what it meant (I thought it would be disrespectful). The Imam asked for my wife to read the following:

Jazakallah
    Mate, the baby has already been conceived so you can find out what it's gonna be. No point praying for a boy if you're gonna have a girl. Just pray it will be healthy and just be grateful.

I don't mean to be rude but I would have thought the first dua that any soon-to-be parent would make is that their baby is healthy? I would choose health over gender all the time.

Asalaam Alaikum All,

Jazakallah
    You need to make duaa to have a healthy baby. Whatever you have is a blessing from Allah. There are some many couples who can't even a have child and would give any to have a baby whether it is a boy or girl. A good friend of my got pregnant after 12 years of trying. She's just happy to have a baby . I have anothe co worker who has been married for 25 years with 11 miscarriages. Still they don't have any kids.

And Allah forbid you have a boy but he has health issues or missing a limb. We as Muslims have to be careful in falling into ungratefulness towards Allah .
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Odan

I guess it would be ok to ask for a certain gender, because sometimes people have lots of daughters/sons, and for a change they want the opposite gender, but this doesn't mean that if you get the gender you didn't want, you shouldn't be grateful because either way it's a blessing.

Make dua Allah grants you a child who is healthy, righteous, amongst the pious and firm on the deen and that Allah grants you the capability, guidance and wisdom of raising a child accordingly.

http://www.swindonmasjid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pious_children.jpg
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Asalaam Alaikum All,

Jazakallah
    Walaikumassalam

Just day oh Allah (swt) give me a son and make him pious and healthy. There is nothing wrong with this. But be happy whatever Allah (swt) blesses you with.
    FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
    OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
    Donate to syria.
    *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Odan

Thank you sister.

Don't get me wrong it is not because I dislike females in any way we both just wanted a boy first so the girls have an elder brother that's all. We have been praying for a healthy baby I just wanted to know if there was any kind of dua that can be read to pray for a boy?
    just be happy that Allah will bless you with a child inshallah.
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Bint Muaawiya's Avatar

May Allah give you and your wife a healthy baby. Ameen

♥♥ summer is near ♥♥ sabah suleiman's Avatar

I thought having a baby girl first is a bless? Or is it just tales.... But yeah, may Allah grant you a healthy baby boy, ameen
    Last edited by sabah suleiman; 02-10-13 at 02:17 AM.

اللهُمَّ انْصُرْ دِينَكَ وَكِتَابَكَ وَسُنَّةَ نَبِيِّكَ وَعِبادَكَ المُوَحِّدينَ