Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Solving the Wiki-islam problem

I know that there are far bigger problems that need solving in the Ummah but there is one thing that has been bothering me profoundly lately.

Whenever i type in almost any search phrase in google regarding Islam, The Prophet peace be upon Him, or anyting related to the deen, this islam-hating site wiki-islam pops up in like top 5 of my search results. They have built a huge website based on lies, bias and falsehood regarding Islam and MAN do they know search engine optimization or what?!

So i was wondering if any of you brothers and sisters here on the forum are it-nerds like me who also have a license of Xumer or Scrapebox? It would be good to blast out their link to a few hundred thousand shady, no PR having websites in order to get Google to punish them for flooding and set them back in their page-rank.

Yes i admit it's a bit blackhat but i would do anything just to not have them show up that high in islam-related search results..

Participants are free to respond in the thread and/or share their blast-lists if they have any.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Solving the Wiki-islam problem

Quote Originally Posted by DamirK View Post
    I know that there are far bigger problems that need solving in the Ummah but there is one thing that has been bothering me profoundly lately.

Whenever i type in almost any search phrase in google regarding Islam, The Prophet peace be upon Him, or anyting related to the deen, this islam-hating site wiki-islam pops up in like top 5 of my search results. They have built a huge website based on lies, bias and falsehood regarding Islam and MAN do they know search engine optimization or what?!

So i was wondering if any of you brothers and sisters here on the forum are it-nerds like me who also have a license of Xumer or Scrapebox? It would be good to blast out their link to a few hundred thousand shady, no PR having websites in order to get Google to punish them for flooding and set them back in their page-rank.

Yes i admit it's a bit blackhat but i would do anything just to not have them show up that high in islam-related search results..

Participants are free to respond in the thread and/or share their blast-lists if they have any.
    Salaam...

Well apart from the buzz words, they use most of the information is well referenced to reputable Islamic websites. Am kind of confused about it. I mean, I've not seen like blatant false verses or hadith on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by something nice View Post
    Well apart from the buzz words, they use most of the information is well referenced to reputable Islamic websites. Am kind of confused about it. I mean, I've not seen like blatant false verses or hadith on there.
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Ha...cholars:Racism

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur%27an,_...f_the_Qur%27an

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur%27an,_...amic_Silliness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Creating backlinks for them from the ummah forum wasnt exactly what i had in mind lol

Im sure something nice is fully aware of that sites intentions despite the trolling attempt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DamirK View Post
    Creating backlinks for them from the ummah forum wasnt exactly what i had in mind lol

Im sure something nice is fully aware of that sites intentions despite the trolling attempt
    Huh? Wait, I wasn't trolling. I was showing the other brother how damaging the site really is. He didn't seem convinced at first, so yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F_Ferdous View Post
    Huh? Wait, I wasn't trolling. I was showing the other brother how damaging the site really is. He didn't seem convinced at first, so yeah.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding i was referring to the previous poster with the trolling remark. His nickname is "something nice".

Id still like for it nerd bros and sisses to reply and get this over with though :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To members, i am a Non Muslim and although i believe in jesus and God i do not accept the versions of the Bible and i certainly won't be likely to become a follower of Islam because again the Koran as the Bible has the interpretations of man. That being said, i am apalled at the current anti islamic sentiment, rife throughout my country and others. Make no mistake i am anti extremist and will never be subjugated to any religion, however of all the muslims i know none has ever tried to convert me, none has ever tried to kill a gay, or asked me to not wear a cross etc. This Wikiislam may reference genuine sources but i have seen some muslims interpretations of the koran that says you may be a friend to non muslims and may even marry one. I posted here for the purpose of 2 things, to hear opinions of more real muslims and to say that in the face of media bias and suffering the oppression and enduring the infamy brought by extremists, it is a sign of the truth of the real peace for those who do not retaliate. Appreciate any comments
    Last edited by mysteryman; 14-06-13 at 06:53 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you are really concerned then make your own wiki islam and overcome their popularity Insha Allah. No need for black hatting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Further to the above, i am in the process of writing a book part of which is dealing with the history of Islam, media lies the history of Israel among other things. I have to admit that my reasons for not wishing to join a particular religion is that as i say, whilst you or i may profess Mohammed or Jesus or Yaweh to have said something, it naturally stands to reason that there is the influence of our interpretations and desires. Even the prophet was just a man. I cannot condemn nor hate anyone because they are gay, it is not for me to judge another man because he did not meet his true love and makes a human error of infidelity and then marries again. I could never not give my flesh, a blood transfusion. And as for foods, the reality is that i see no justification for not eating one or preparing something a special way. However the majority of these do not affect me. As i said i have known Muslims who are kind, funny, generous, and dependable. There is no room for me to give consideration to any who wishes in MY country, to impose their will on the nation, yet those i knew never would. They would tell me of Allahs will or work IF i asked. Yet the volume of hatred targetting Islam is abonimable. Ironically calls for banning any sharia laws are referencing harsh elements yet many of these argue for the death penalty in our current laws. Recently i note a strong media bias against Islam and when i saw wikiislam i was angry that anyone NOT a ordinary Muslim could interpret it as they like, i am closest to being a christian if i am anything, yet i could equally do wikichristian to reflect it terribly. The thing that amazes me is that i see no such thing, the Mohammed cartoons were offensive and i think that they should have been taken as a poor taste joke, yet barring those who did atrocious deeds, most of the response was not hate filled, and certainly there was no muslim artist rendering christ or buddha this way. When i hear how you want to convert me by force i think how hypocritical when no one objected to forcible conversions by christians. Even today missionaries of christ spread the word and are not maligned yet NO muslim knocks at my door trying yet jehovahs witnesses do. In the face of this i am hoping for more enlightenment as regards normal muslims on things like how they feel they should live in other countries, do you really feel offence at crosses and flags or is this just the extremists. Why is it the majority i hear from or see (muslims) do not retaliate violently. And why do you not fight back verbally, a few extremists do but with the hate i see in places i see no commentary by self professed muslims, are there none or do you remain silent? I am pleased to say i feel vindicated for the most part, in my continued support of most muslims who i believe deserve equal respect and accord as any religion whether we believe in your interpretation or not.