Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it better to be homeless or commit suicide?

Salam

I'm servilely depressed person (being locked up in mental institution some time ago) and not content with my life.

- constant will to die
    - working for minimum wage (part time) in warehouse instead as programmer(got uni degree in that),
    - debts(government taxes),
    - 0 friends,
    - constant bullying when I was younger
    - afraid to speak with people etc.
    - totally unable to know how to live (so called "learned helplessness")
    - bunch of more much more serious problems with both me and my family (too ashamed to talk about it even on Internet)

So anyway I'm suicidal and I was thinking that my only hope (to live) is just to run away from everything and live as homeless person somewhere in south Europe (warmer nights).
    I know what hunger is because In the past I was forced for some time to seek food in bins etc (but somehow i was MUCH MORE CONTENT BACK THEN).

So I was thinking:

Is it permissible to run away and live as homeless if person have great desire to die - as extreme alternative to committing suicide?

ps. I don't need advices or support I just would like to know is it permissible.
    ps2. I don't have any kids, wife or anyone dependent on me.

Re: Is it better to be homeless or commit suicide?

Is it permissible to run away and live as homeless if person have great desire to die - as extreme alternative to committing suicide?

- Well Possibly, because Suicide is a terrible, irreversible sin. Have you got a plan when being homeless? couldn't you move elsewhere or go out of the country.

(I know you said no Advice..but recite the Qur'an, Seek Allah for help, only HE can help you (& Hurt you)
    don't suicide!!
    Please, lend us your strength!

Do you pray brother? 5 times a day?
    Homeless is better than death. Can you honestly say you've done enough to attain Jannah? Do you fast? Do you read Qur'an?

Where do you live? You can ask for help in mosques/masjids! Don't give up hope. You are a Muslim.
    Your depression is serious, I understand, but you must be doing something wrong ie. not praying, not doing dhikr for you to be like this.

Speak to your doctor. If you were at a mental institute they keep an eye on you. Have you got a psychologist that treats you. And if your severely depressed they should be giving you drugs that will lift your mood. Ppl react differently to drugs but find one that suits you. I know someone on lithium and they are doing well.

Also if you have a mental health illness than you could get incapacity working benefits ( I don't know if that is the term) and can even get a flat so you won't be homeless. This is all through the government. Maybe once you take these steps you will see the positives.

Just like you are on the forum asking us, do some research on the help and supprt you can get. Speak to a citizen bureaux advisor who may tell you what to do.

Hope that helps and best of luck.
    "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

if you feel that way, then do it; run away and lvie of the providence that Allah provides ... but whatever you do dont commit suicide for that just increases the suffering as one dies into the wrath of Allah [swt]

Neither, you need help.

saving life is an obligation, so if you feel your likely to commit suicide .. .then run away as quickly as possible; save yourself!

but once in the big wide world, take showers wherever you can [or at least when it pours down with rain [and do wudhu too] and dont forget to pray to ALlah as often as you can

do not ever forget that your ulitmate goal is to ALlah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISftdydZNtA please watch this vid by railway children about running away, is short 2.30 min

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Everyone has problems.
    I find if you stick to 5x prayer, you become sort of resistant to being sad. Perhaps, it's crazy but it feels like something you can hold to, when all of life fails.It's not called a pillar for no good reason.
    You will not die until all your provision has been given to you. I read that yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DevotedIslamFan View Post
    Have you got a plan when being homeless? couldn't you move elsewhere or go out of the country.
    Well thats my plan - to move somewhere else. I was thinking about south of France or Spain - because of good weather even in winter. Just wandering and avoiding big cities. And sea will make me clean.

Quote Originally Posted by naila-k View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISftdydZNtA please watch this vid by railway children about running away, is short 2.30 min
    Salam. I did watch it, but don't worry - I don't plan to smoke brown sugar like in the video

No one can help me - just me and Allah swt. I was thinking about that for long time, and I'm very convinced that it's better to spend some time as food thief and vagrant, even spend some time in prison - then to just shoot myself in the head and go straight to hellfire.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan900 View Post
    Well thats my plan - to move somewhere else. I was thinking about south of France or Spain - because of good weather even in winter. Just wandering and avoiding big cities. And sea will make me clean.

Salam. I did watch it, but don't worry - I don't plan to smoke brown sugar like in the video

No one can help me - just me and Allah swt. I was thinking about that for long time, and I'm very convinced that it's better to spend some time as food thief and vagrant, even spend some time in prison - then to just shoot myself in the head and go straight to hellfire.
    thats a good Ivan, for you know best what you are likely to do; when your on the verge of suicide, five daily prayers might not be the answer that saves you for it is not easy to just start praying just like that and have your disposition changed, so you know whats best and right noe it seems like donig a runner

it is fardh to save your life so you have to run away

may Allah be with you!

The ayats that gives me patients when I myself am going through trials or when I see others going to trials.

Al-baqara (2)

155 And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient).

156 Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."

157 They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones.

And when I see really horrible suffering, which scares me, this next ayat gives me patients

Al-baqara (2)

286 Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people. "

reminds me that no matter how serve the trials may be, its never more than the person can bear, which is justice and mercy from Allah. and after all everyone has to go through trials before they can enter paradise.

Al-baqara (2)

214 Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!

But for those who are patient and steadfast on their deen, for them is a great reward, in Paradise.

Al-Waqia (56)

15 (They will be) on thrones woven with gold and precious stones.

16 Reclining thereon, face to face.

17 Immortal boys will go around them (serving),

18 With cups, and jugs, and a glass of flowing wine,

19 Wherefrom they will get neither any aching of the head, nor any intoxication.

20 And with fruit that they may choose.

21 And with the flesh of fowls that they desire.

22 And (there will be) Hur (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for "Al-Muttaqun" - the pious - See V. 2:2),

23 Like unto preserved pearls.

24 A reward for what they used to do.

25 No Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk) will they hear therein, nor any sinful speech (like backbiting).

26 But only the saying of: Salam! Salam! (greetings with peace)!
    Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

If you can, move to a Muslim country In-Sha-Allah
    Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Account Disabled

we need to save his life peeps not for how to gain some peace; he is far beyond that

'Masculinist'

There must be some homeless shelters or something that would provide you with the basic things for survival. Living on the streets is rough. People nowadays are sick and they might abuse you and kill you if you were defenceless...
    "Your votes may change the government but they won't change the system"

~ He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right

account terminated.

As salaam alaikum,

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that,” [Bukhari].

I suggest you move to city of the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), Madina -- Al-Masjid al-Nabawī. Since you are a programmer, you can try to work from there.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: Whoever dies in Madina I will intercede for him.

The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: whoever offers one prayer in my Masjid shall receive the reward equivalent to thousand prayer offered in other Masjids except the sacred Masjid of Makkah.

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest. - 13:28

p.s. Also why not go to the Masjid regularly, you can make some good friends there.
    Last edited by sliceruk; 10-04-13 at 06:44 PM.

Account Disabled

Basically this

''Should I end my one and only life, or make it even worse with self destructive behaviour?''

How can we as Muslims possibly recommend either path?

I'm sure you have serious depression and problems I can't understand, but Allah gives to people who

1) turn to him
    2) adopt even small measures to improve their life

You're better than this.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by T_E View Post
    Basically this

''Should I end my one and only life, or make it even worse with self destructive behaviour?''

How can we as Muslims possibly recommend either path?

I'm sure you have serious depression and problems I can't understand, but Allah gives to people who

1) turn to him
    2) adopt even small measures to improve their life

You're better than this.
    you serious bro?; the guys about to kill himself unless he runs away plus he's not your normal type of person who considers suicide and a bit of Islamic advice will help him out, such as, dont you'll go to hell ,etc ,etc, for he has an overwhelming compulsive feeling to kill himself aided on by his illness and nothing will help him accept what he himself knows that will, whcih is to run away from the hell-hole he is in right now...

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Ameenah View Post
    you serious bro?; the guys about to kill himself unless he runs away plus he's not your normal type of person who considers suicide and a bit of Islamic advice will help him out, such as, dont you'll go to hell ,etc ,etc, for he has an overwhelming compulsive feeling to kill himself aided on by his illness and nothing will help him accept what he himself knows that will, whcih is to run away from the hell-hole he is in right now...
    I can't just recommend a self-destructive behaviour like throwing yourself on to the street. I just can't.

Okay, so he is so badly depressed he wants to die. Beyond advice, what can I do? I am not the Doctor. I can't prescribe him medication nor can I administer therapy. Someone in my position can only try and urge the person not to do anything self-destructive or worse.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by T_E View Post
    I can't just recommend a self-destructive behaviour like throwing yourself on to the street. I just can't.

Okay, so he is so badly depressed he wants to die. Beyond advice, what can I do? I am not the Doctor. I can't prescribe him medication nor can I administer therapy. Someone in my position can only try and urge the person not to do anything self-destructive or worse.
    your having problems understanding this brothers post bro; no offense; the way we see it is he's allready mentioned he was happier in the streets before than where he he now, and there could be nothing more self-destructive than killing oneself which he is likely to do if he stays where he is; this really should be a straight forward understanding for anyone, but i think what has blinded you is your eagerness to show that 'you know better', it's iether that or you have not read OP

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Ameenah View Post
    your having problems understanding this brothers post bro; no offense; the way we see it is he's allready mentioned he was happier in the streets before than where he he now, and there could be nothing more self-destructive than killing oneself which he is likely to do if he stays where he is; this really should be a straight forward understanding for anyone, but i think what has blinded you is your eagerness to show that 'you know better', it's iether that or you have not read OP
    or maybe he should just seek professional help. some people say they were happier when they were on crack. im sure they were, but that doesnt make it good, not at all. its best to try and find out why you struggle to function and be happy living normally and try to find the true problems, if a person needs professional help with that its okay.

Odan

there is no heaven for suicide
    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Don't just run away. Plan your move & don't be shy to seek help from people and organizations. There's plenty around who help people in need including mosques, charitable organizations & individuals etc.

Don't make the mistake of taking your life. There are even some mosques that allow people to live in them if they are in sort of a short waiting period.

If you can make a move, go where life is easier and cheaper but try and plan it before moving. Hijra is recommended if you are in a difficult place.
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Account Disabled

dont the poor enter jannah 500 years befoe the rich? heard this somewere

'Masculinist'

Quote Originally Posted by sudan View Post
    dont the poor enter jannah 500 years befoe the rich? heard this somewere
    yes you're right
    "Your votes may change the government but they won't change the system"

~ He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right

Salam everyone.

I'm the originator of this thread. Sorry for no response for past few months, but I was very depressed and not in mood to check the forum.

After accumulating heavy debt because of unpaid taxes, and credit card debts (which I used to pay for my passport, which was VERY expensive) I'm ready to go. I burned all bridges, and I have now is one-way plane ticket to closest Muslim country. Maybe I will end up as beggar. Maybe I will get lucky to find some simple job to pay for food. Maybe I will find rich widow named Kadijah Maybe I will die naturally.

I fell very bad about leaving this country with debts toward government and bank. Inshallah maybe in future I will repay them.
    In past few months I felt very sad because no one really understand me (mental problems and will to escape), but I finally see the light in the tunnel.

Despite that PRAY FOR ME because I'm very scared, but at least I'm finally able to move, and Inshallah to cure my broken mind.

ps. Who knows. Maybe thats the great plan of Allah swt to force me to move to Muslim lands.

An unworthy sinner

Salam

I'm servilely depressed person (being locked up in mental institution some time ago) and not content with my life.

- constant will to die
    - working for minimum wage (part time) in warehouse instead as programmer(got uni degree in that),
    - 0 friends,
    - bunch of more much more serious problems with both me and my family (too ashamed to talk about it even on Internet)

So anyway I'm suicidal and I was thinking that my only hope (to live) is just to run away from everything and live as homeless person somewhere in south Europe (warmer nights).
    I know what hunger is because In the past I was forced for some time to seek food in bins etc (but somehow i was MUCH MORE CONTENT BACK THEN).

So I was thinking:

ps. I don't need advices or support I just would like to know is it permissible.
    Don't commit suicide bro, if you think the only alternative is to go and be homeless then do so...

But perhaps you should put your trust in Allah and don't do either...

With The Mujahideen Allah's_Servant's Avatar

Homeless you'll go to Jannah inshallah because in a hadith it says the poor go to Jannah earlier then the rich.

. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The poor will enter Jannah five hundred years before the rich.''
    [At-Tirmidhi].

. Usamah bin Zaid (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "I stood at the gate of Jannah and saw that most of those who enter it were poor, whereas the rich were held back; but those who were destined to go to Hell were ordered to be sent there (immediately).''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Odan

I hope the brother is okay...i wonder what became of him?

Salam everyone.

I'm the originator of this thread. Sorry for no response for past few months, but I was very depressed and not in mood to check the forum.

After accumulating heavy debt because of unpaid taxes, and credit card debts (which I used to pay for my passport, which was VERY expensive) I'm ready to go. I burned all bridges, and I have now is one-way plane ticket to closest Muslim country. Maybe I will end up as beggar. Maybe I will get lucky to find some simple job to pay for food. Maybe I will find rich widow named Kadijah Maybe I will die naturally.

I fell very bad about leaving this country with debts toward government and bank. Inshallah maybe in future I will repay them.
    In past few months I felt very sad because no one really understand me (mental problems and will to escape), but I finally see the light in the tunnel.

Despite that PRAY FOR ME because I'm very scared, but at least I'm finally able to move, and Inshallah to cure my broken mind.

ps. Who knows. Maybe thats the great plan of Allah swt to force me to move to Muslim lands.
    aren't you still held accountable for your debt? maybe you should talk to your local imam or get a second opinion, it would suck to find out that the debt you owe, which is still accumulating all this time, has to be paid back.
    Last edited by A_savage; 14-08-13 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_savage View Post
    aren't you still held accountable for your debt? maybe you should talk to your local imam or get a second opinion, it would suck to find out that the debt you owe, which is still accumulating all this time, has to be paid back.
    Yes. I will be still accountable. Most of that debts not money that i borrowed or spend but mostly debts from government taxes. Only money that i really own are the money that I borrowed for passport and ticket from bank.
    Anyway I don't plan to go back. So inshallah they will write-off that debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaaq View Post
    Neither, you need help.
    I second this. But I know for a state that your in brother no advice seems convincing to you. But please brother don't let the shaytan push u down to the worse. You are much stronger then you think and think of it as a test. This test might be the one to put u in heaven. So keep your hopes up and try to survive because that is what many people in your situation are doing. I my self tried to cut my self but I asked my self... Will this be worth going to hell? Obviously not.
    " Bara bam Bara boom "

Salam

- constant will to die
    - 0 friends,

So I was thinking:

My brother, these things you mention are MINOR problems - not major problems.

You have a family, a shelter and a job.

There are people out there with MAJOR problems (i.e. lost a limb, inability to walk to the toilet, constant pain in the body, entire family been killed etc).

If you cannot live in the city with these MINOR problems (and YES get it in your head akhi that they are MINOR) than you will not be
    able to survive for very long as a homeless person - and having to deal with issues like Starvation, Drugs, Criminals etc

What you need is professional help to get you back on your feet from the mental issues you are having , and Quran to rebuild your Faith in Allah (azza wa jal),
    because when Allah (swt) strengthens you with Quran these mental issues will go away.

Oh and one last thing... WHY would you go to Southern Europe of all places ? Why woud you seek to be homeless in a land of hostile infidels rather than a Muslim land ?
    Do you really think you can survive on the hospitility of the kuffar ? I doubt it, if you must go ahead with this silly plan at least go to a Muslim land (warmer nights than Sourther Europe)
    where there are people who fear and love Allah, where people may help you feesabillah, and where there are Mosques in which are Men who are humble and whose hearts are soft.
    Last edited by yassin'; 15-08-13 at 12:17 PM.
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Homeless and I will live like Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games. Go to a wood, hunting, etc.

May Allah ease your burdens, bro. After a hurricane comes a rainbow. Be patient and hold on to Allah. Insha Allah you can handle these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by veetha View Post
    Homeless and I will live like Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games. Go to a wood, hunting, etc.

May Allah ease your burdens, bro. After a hurricane comes a rainbow. Be patient and hold on to Allah. Insha Allah you can handle these problems.
    Im sorry but that made me laugh so hard
    " Bara bam Bara boom "

Quote Originally Posted by innocent-wife View Post
    Im sorry but that made me laugh so hard
    And God knows how I will die. May be I will get stung by tracker jackers or get killed by a mutt. Or else fall into the valley.....

Quote Originally Posted by yassin' View Post
    My brother, these things you mention are MINOR problems - not major problems.

You have a family, a shelter and a job.

There are people out there with MAJOR problems (i.e. lost a limb, inability to walk to the toilet, constant pain in the body, entire family been killed etc).

If you cannot live in the city with these MINOR problems (and YES get it in your head akhi that they are MINOR) than you will not be
    able to survive for very long as a homeless person - and having to deal with issues like Starvation, Drugs, Criminals etc

What you need is professional help to get you back on your feet from the mental issues you are having , and Quran to rebuild your Faith in Allah (azza wa jal),
    because when Allah (swt) strengthens you with Quran these mental issues will go away.

Oh and one last thing... WHY would you go to Southern Europe of all places ? Why woud you seek to be homeless in a land of hostile infidels rather than a Muslim land ?
    Do you really think you can survive on the hospitility of the kuffar ? I doubt it, if you must go ahead with this silly plan at least go to a Muslim land (warmer nights than Sourther Europe)
    where there are people who fear and love Allah, where people may help you feesabillah, and where there are Mosques in which are Men who are humble and whose hearts are soft.
    Brother please re-read my other post in the thread.
    I'm going to Muslim lands after all (went into debts to get a ticket and passport)
    I do not have minor problems. but major ones. I do not have family, job, income etc. Got health problems, mental problems etc.
    Alts its silly to belive that Quran alone can save you. You cannot study Quran or obtain professional help, when you are in debts and about to get kicked from property, and no prospects for job.
    It's more complex. I'm on the path of self destruction. If I will die - no problem for me. i just want to avoid suicide. thats my only goal in life for now

↑ Don't do it!

I care for you bro.

Please contact a homeless shelter.

Contact your council. I don't know where you live but if you live in a Western country there is help out there.

They would provide shelter and help with debt problems.

The holy Quran will help you pls trust me. You have probably done better than me education wise.

Keep trying .

I will make dua for you.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

M U S L I M W A R R I O R MuslimWarrior's Avatar

Brother please re-read my other post in the thread.
    I'm going to Muslim lands after all (went into debts to get a ticket and passport)
    I do not have minor problems. but major ones. I do not have family, job, income etc. Got health problems, mental problems etc.
    Alts its silly to belive that Quran alone can save you. You cannot study Quran or obtain professional help, when you are in debts and about to get kicked from property, and no prospects for job.
    It's more complex. I'm on the path of self destruction. If I will die - no problem for me. i just want to avoid suicide. thats my only goal in life for now
    Where are you from my brother
    Please keep me in your Dua'as.

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimWarrior View Post
    Where are you from my brother
    Somebody here should take him in to their house.

Or help him financially.