Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Account Disabled

Why I left Islam to become an Atheist

Account Disabled

Re: Why I left Islam to become an Atheist

Not everyone cares honestly, people should really stop thinking about others, or taking them seriously, and concentrate on Allah most, i mean, grant them most priority. It's all good then.

Chillin' with my axe

Is that your video?

1.68%er's

Lol at "gonna wait for an angel to come to me and get him tested".

He didnt point out any of these mistakes neither did he make another video regarding them. He just kept saying "mistakes in quran" thinking if he said it long enough people would agree.

didnt watch - dont care

The guy gives a speech for almost 10mins and does not point one single thing about Islam or the Quran that made him to disbelieve. And again he would not be the first either to leave but we are talking a drop in the ocean compared to the number converting to Islam. So in other words, life goes on.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

His speech in a nutshell:

'I want to be spoon fed everything. I don't wanna think about anything. I don't want to research. I believe in what the mushrikeen say rather than gods word, I expect religion to adapt to me, religion should be judged based on the actions of its followers'

Sigh.... Trading his soul for YouTube views...

I find these videos intresting and I think we should watch and we should care.

Maybe not about the person talking in the video, but about the issues and the fact they left Islam.

Maybe half of you are not aware how many reverts are just left to get on with their own devices once they take shahadah ? How many people will take that new reverts number, ask for dua and never call them to see how they are ?

In this ummah its every man for his self and its kind of selfish subhanAllaah.
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

1.68%er's

I'll give you my experience with most of the reverts that reverted when I became a 'proper' Muslim.

The problem from experience was that the reverts were reverting for the wrong reason, these brothers of tried to keep contact with and message them as much as I could but after week or so of Friday they stopped. Another brother as much as the masjid tries to help them and feel like home isolate themself and just come for jummah and leave.

Unfortunately, ive never experienced a revert come into islam for islam, I know good revert brothers but they were muslim before I decided to step it up.

Often I see people make this point you have said and now but wish for little more detail.

Odan

why would anyone here be interested in that? it's an Islamic forum!!
    the Muslims here ain't interested in changing!!!!
    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Because its education. We cant just hear about all the good things we need to know about the bad stuff and the struggles.

I however like to know what the non muslims and those who leave Islam think about our religion, and it makes me mindful when next time I talk with non muslims and it helps me to give dawah.

Salaah Reminders

Quote Originally Posted by .Kid. View Post

I'll give you my experience with most of the reverts that reverted when I became a 'proper' Muslim.

The problem from experience was that the reverts were reverting for the wrong reason, these brothers of tried to keep contact with and message them as much as I could but after week or so of Friday they stopped. Another brother as much as the masjid tries to help them and feel like home isolate themself and just come for jummah and leave.

Unfortunately, ive never experienced a revert come into islam for islam, I know good revert brothers but they were muslim before I decided to step it up.

Often I see people make this point you have said and now but wish for little more detail.
    I have had a fair share of this my self, I have met a good few revert sisters and those who have converted for th wrong reasons. It is nice to know that there are good brothers out there who try to keep in touch with the newbies.

Sorry if my post sounded generalised, I know there are good muslims out there and I wouldnt say its not that have done it on purpose.

although its very frustrating and it does get on your nerves when your trying to help some one and they dont care or your efforts are wasted, you can not give up and cant treat people all the same. Some reverts are crying for help and are shy to ask.

Salaah Reminders

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    Maybe half of you are not aware how many reverts are just left to get on with their own devices once they take shahadah ? How many people will take that new reverts number, ask for dua and never call them to see how they are ?

This is true and it happened to me, but you know what? Only Allah guides and misguides people to Islam. Nobody can say "well they were mean to me" on al-Qiyama, it won't be an excuse.

I find these videos intresting and I think we should watch and we should care.

Maybe not about the person talking in the video, but about the issues and the fact they left Islam.

this only applies to reverts? ... even born muslims are leaving the religion so i dont understand why reverts get special attention as born ones are also in the same type of situation of being 'neglected' ....

so it all comes down to 'every man for himself'

Chillin' with my axe

Reverts have it easy.

I think I'll start a "why I left atheism to become a Muslim" thread. Or maybe not. We have too many of those as it is.

Trading his soul for YouTube views.
    Sad but true, todays millions can fall for that, as if increasing youtube views is like amel-e saleeh...which is not. Ego, ego,ego...so dangerous...

Chillin' with my axe

Videos like this can serve a purpose as the legalities are ironed out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Reverts have it easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    this only applies to reverts? ... even born muslims are leaving the religion so i dont understand why reverts get special attention as born ones are also in the same type of situation of being 'neglected' ....

so it all comes down to 'every man for himself'
    How ??

lol not only do they have to give up everything and change their whole life style, they also face a lot of hardship on the road from random people.

I can tell you I lost alot of family when I choose Islam, I lost ALL of my child friends, Ive limited every thing around me. Also I choose a life of modesty and reward. I will say it was worth it and I have a better life.

It is hard work for born Muslims also they have their own culture and I know in some cultures to be pious is such an alien idea but you can not say that reverts have it easier because they sure dont.

Salaah Reminders

Chillin' with my axe

New Muslims have clean slate. Nothing much can top that.

Wow is that your answer ?

Salaah Reminders

What were these wrong reason bro?

Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    I think I'll start a "why I left atheism to become a Muslim" thread. Or maybe not. We have too many of those as it is.
    You should

Quote Originally Posted by penbit View Post
    Sad but true, todays millions can fall for that, as if increasing youtube views is like amel-e saleeh...which is not. Ego, ego,ego...so dangerous...
    That fag fouseytube comes to mind

Wow is that your answer ?
    All Muslims have it easy

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who has never sinned.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 4240; classed as saheeh by al-Busayri in al-Zawaa’id, commentary on Sunan Ibn Maajah). http://islamqa.info/en/ref/13731

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Whoever performs Hajj for the sake of Allah and does not utter any obscene speech or do any evil deed, will go back (free of sin) as his mother bore him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1449; Muslim, 1350. http://islamqa.info/en/ref/173723

How ??

lol not only do they have to give up everything and change their whole life style, they also face a lot of hardship on the road from random people.

I can tell you I lost alot of family when I choose Islam, I lost ALL of my child friends, Ive limited every thing around me. Also I choose a life of modesty and reward. I will say it was worth it and I have a better life.

It is hard work for born Muslims also they have their own culture and I know in some cultures to be pious is such an alien idea but you can not say that reverts have it easier because they sure dont.
    alot of born muslims who grow beards and start praying 5x also face the same issues , what else?

Is not there a reason to deny quran?
    How about womens value in quran?

Man may beat his women if necessary.

4:34
    Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.
    Men are a degree above women.

2:228
    And the divorced women should keep themselves in waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they should conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the last day; and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
    Woman equal to 1/2 man.

2:282
    O you who believe! when you deal with each other in contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down; and let a scribe write it down between you with fairness; and the scribe should not refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so he should write; and let him who owes the debt dictate, and he should be careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish anything from it; but if he who owes the debt is unsound in understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with fairness; and call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other; and the witnesses should not refuse when they are summoned; and be not averse to writing it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its falling due; this is more equitable in the sight of Allah and assures greater accuracy in testimony, and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts (afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you give and take among yourselves from hand to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it down; and have witnesses when you barter with one another, and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness; and if you do (it) then surely it will be a transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things.

Your wives are a tilth for you. comparison to tilth.

2:223
    Your wives are a tilth for you, so go into your tilth when you like, and do good beforehand for yourselves, and be careful (of your duty) to Allah, and know that you will meet Him, and give good news to the believers.
    We have made lawful to you your wives whom...

33:50
    O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who fled with you; and a believing woman if she gave herself to the Prophet, if the Prophet desired to marry her -- specially for you, not for the (rest of) believers; We know what We have ordained for them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess in order that no blame may attach to you; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
    War prisoner women's situation

4:25
    And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
    Allows to marry with 2,3,4 woman. Is there same right for woman to marry 2,3,4 man? No?

4:3
    And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course.
    4:129
    Ye will not be able to deal equally between (your) wives, however much ye wish (to do so). But turn not altogether away (from one), leaving her as in suspense. If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

Women are equal to 1/2 man.

4:11
    Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half; and as for his parents, each of them shall have the sixth of what he has left if he has a child, but if he has no child and (only) his two parents inherit him, then his mother shall have the third; but if he has brothers, then his mother shall have the sixth after (the payment of) a bequest he may have bequeathed or a debt; your parents and your children, you know not which of them is the nearer to you in usefulness; this is an ordinance from Allah: Surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.
    also look: 4:12, 4:176

And there is no woman prophet in history. Even one. No, zero.

And (except Mary) never mention the name of the any womans. But various man prophets and man infidels names mentioned in Quran.

And God never talks to women in Quran. Just talks to man, or all believers. If God talk about women, talks indirectly. Like "give the womens..."

Notes: I used Shakir's Quran translation. And sorry for my grammar.

alot of born muslims who grow beards and start praying 5x also face the same issues , what else?
    It is not the same at all.

I know a lot of reverts been kicked out, beaten up and have been forced to live the haraam life style.

Salaah Reminders

I don't think it is as bad as it is for born Muslims either as it is for converts.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic. View Post
    I don't think it is as bad as it is for born Muslims either as it is for converts.
    I will admit it is very hard for born muslims to practise, the culture is strong and sometimes it can over power Islam.

however it is not as hard as it for reverts, giving up everything literally everything - family, friends and homes. It really annoys me when people say oh special treatment blah blah and just get upset like reverts think they are better.

its not the case, its just that reverts need a bit more patience and help with Islam, Because unlike born muslims we wasnt born with any basics.

Salaah Reminders

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mohabdul View Post
    The guy gives a speech for almost 10mins and does not point one single thing about Islam or the Quran that made him to disbelieve. And again he would not be the first either to leave but we are talking a drop in the ocean compared to the number converting to Islam. So in other words, life goes on.
    akhi Islam needs people of intellect, Aql, the OP didn't have any ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Account Disabled

Lol at "gonna wait for an angel to come to me and get him tested".

He didnt point out any of these mistakes neither did he make another video regarding them. He just kept saying "mistakes in quran" thinking if he said it long enough people would agree.
    Errors in quran been showed hundred of times, so there is no point discussing them. Those who want to shut their eyes will shut their eyes no matter how many or big the error is.

Rafidhi Terminator

So i have just listened to his video. basically the clown is saying that there is no god because his books all contain errors. And he specifically mentions the quran and how it contains contradictions. Yep i have heard that one before. then the clown proceeds to say how muslims go around this by using the sciences of hadith and arabic mistranslation as a get around. then he goes not to say he knows some arab muslims who dont know what's going on and they refer to a scholar.

i stopped listening after that. because i couldnt stop laughing.

It is not the same at all.

I know a lot of reverts been kicked out, beaten up and have been forced to live the haraam life style.
    some born muslims are forced to be married into arranged marriages or else kicked out and ties are severed with their family ...

born muslims are labelled wahabi if they dont agree with certain cultural practices and are seen as outcasts among friends and family ....

any similarities u notice ?

some born muslims are forced to be married into arranged marriages or else kicked out and ties are severed with their family ...

born muslims are labelled wahabi if they dont agree with certain cultural practices and are seen as outcasts among friends and family ....

any similarities u notice ?
    But you can carry some Islam on you. They'll understand if you didn't eat pork or drink alcohol whereas a convert family probably wouldn't.

Stop arguing. That is the reason this fitna trap thread was created and you guys are falling right into it. Audhubillah.

Allah gives us all tests depending on the individual; he would have tests whether he is born to a Muslim family, or born to a kafir family, or born under a rock in the desert to a purple people eater. Only those with weak imaan find Islam difficult and the only ones who leave Islam are the ones who do not deserve to be guided. Allahu A'lam.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    So i have just listened to his video. basically the clown is saying that there is no god because his books all contain errors. And he specifically mentions the quran and how it contains contradictions. Yep i have heard that one before. then the clown proceeds to say how muslims go around this by using the sciences of hadith and arabic mistranslation as a get around. then he goes not to say he knows some arab muslims who dont know what's going on and they refer to a scholar.

i stopped listening after that. because i couldnt stop laughing.
    There was nothing laughable, he was correct for most of the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic. View Post
    But you can carry some Islam on you. They'll understand if you didn't eat pork or drink alcohol whereas a convert family probably wouldn't.
    actually the constant bashing of calling u a drama molvi isnt very helpful either.

actually the constant bashing of calling u a drama molvi isnt very helpful either.
    Rather be called a molvi than a traitor.

K. This is turning into an argument, I'm going going gone gone already.