Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you do after a heavy meal?

Specially when u feel guilty after a heavy meal or when you cheat on ua diet?
    is thr any way out you can undo a heavy meal? apart for burning those calories with exercise...
    i usually drink a cup of green tea aftrwrds or the next meal is very light!
    any ideas? what do you do?

Re: What do you do after a heavy meal?

I move on.

Eat another heavy meal, not everyone's on a diet you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Strive View Post
    Eat another heavy meal, not everyone's on a diet you know.
    yes not everyone is on a diet but even if you are not on a diet it makes u feel bloated and lazy.

remind myself not to eat another heavy meal
    نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Specially when u feel guilty after a heavy meal or when you cheat on ua diet?
    is thr any way out you can undo a heavy meal? apart for burning those calories with exercise...
    i usually drink a cup of green tea aftrwrds or the next meal is very light!
    any ideas? what do you do?
    depends when, if it's lunchtime that I've had a heavy meal then dinners definitely going to be light and I won't snack on anything in between.

And yeah I try to use up some energy even if it means 10 minutes on the exercise bike... If it's dinner, there's nothing I can do about it , sleep in and skip breakfast, have a small lunch to make up for eating too much the previous day...

(im on a diet atm, I've tried eating my normal portions as I did prior to the diet, and I get the biggest stomach ache lol, can't afford to overeat...)
    Illallahu Ilallah Ilallaho Ilallah Ilallaho Ilallah Ilallahu Ilallah
    Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah, Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah Khudi ka sirey nihan, La Ilaaha Ilallah
    Khudi hai Tegh e fasaan, La Ilaaha Ilallah Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah, Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah
    Kisi nay pucha kay jannat ki koi kimat hai To Mustafa (Peace Be Upon Him) nay kaha, La Ilaha Illallah.
    Haq La Ilaha Illallah, Haq La Ilaha Illallah

burp

Quote Originally Posted by walid7 View Post
    burp

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous12 View Post
    depends when, if it's lunchtime that I've had a heavy meal then dinners definitely going to be light and I won't snack on anything in between.

And yeah I try to use up some energy even if it means 10 minutes on the exercise bike... If it's dinner, there's nothing I can do about it , sleep in and skip breakfast, have a small lunch to make up for eating too much the previous day...

(im on a diet atm, I've tried eating my normal portions as I did prior to the diet, and I get the biggest stomach ache lol, can't afford to overeat...)
    oh good...but skipping ua breakfast altogthr isn't a good thing...is it? i heard its better to eat a cup cake than skipping breakfast no matter hw strict diet ua on.

Odan

oh good...but skipping ua breakfast altogthr isn't a good thing...is it? i heard its better to eat a cup cake than skipping breakfast no matter hw strict diet ua on.
    Not sure about whether it's a bad thing... I never have breakfast lol, in fact just had a bowl of cereal not too long ago and it's 12am atm lol haha... cup cakes lol I dislike them...

Anyways not sure if you've heard of intermittent fasting, but that's basically like what muslims do 'fast', so you sleep for like 8hrs, don't eat for another 8hrs, come dinner time you can eat as much as you want and you burn the food faster, and that's actually a way of losing weight. Reason I mention this cas well people skip breakfast, so I don't think it's important

I've always skipped breakfast throughout high school, despite everyone saying breakfast is important etc etc...
    Illallahu Ilallah Ilallaho Ilallah Ilallaho Ilallah Ilallahu Ilallah
    Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah, Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah Khudi ka sirey nihan, La Ilaaha Ilallah
    Khudi hai Tegh e fasaan, La Ilaaha Ilallah Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah, Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah
    Kisi nay pucha kay jannat ki koi kimat hai To Mustafa (Peace Be Upon Him) nay kaha, La Ilaha Illallah.
    Haq La Ilaha Illallah, Haq La Ilaha Illallah

Account Disabled

I don't have heavy meals, sometimes I go just drinking juice and eat the next day.

i feel so demotivated after i got shin splint from working out may be i over did it...but now its already 15 days and the pain is still thr so i am unable to get back to same pace of workout which i use to do earlier...

It's sunnah to eat light meals, and drink lots of liquid. (1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 air).

If I've gone and eaten a huge meal and feel guilty, I just skip the next one (or two, or three). I've eaten enough energy for the rest of the day, no need to pile more on top of that.

If you feel really guilty maybe you could fast on the days the Prophet(saw) used to fast. Just an idea.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “My close friend [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after Witr. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1124; Muslim, 721.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/69781

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying: “No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”
    [Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa'I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih]

Account Disabled

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb

Skip the next meal and go for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    It's sunnah to eat light meals, and drink lots of liquid. (1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 air).

If I've gone and eaten a huge meal and feel guilty, I just skip the next one (or two, or three). I've eaten enough energy for the rest of the day, no need to pile more on top of that.

If you feel really guilty maybe you could fast on the days the Prophet(saw) used to fast. Just an idea.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “My close friend [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after Witr. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1124; Muslim, 721.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/69781

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying: “No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”
    [Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa'I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih]
    oh yes i like to fast and whenever i fast i am not on a diet because the only thing i am worried while fasting is am unable to workout....

yes not everyone is on a diet but even if you are not on a diet it makes u feel bloated and lazy.
    Oh ok i think my definition of a heavy meal is probably different, I don't eat that much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TalibIelm View Post
    As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb

Skip the next meal and go for a walk.
    Jazak ALLAH khair

dont you guys have hajmola down there?
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

I always feel tired after I eat a big meal, sometimes I feel sleepy
    Ibn al Qayyim:

"If a man accuses a Muslim of nifaq or kufr from his own interpretation (based on Quran and sunnah) and out of anger for Allah, His messenger and His deen and not based on his desires, then in that case the takfir does not go back to him (if he is wrong), rather there is no sin in it, instead he may be rewarded based on his intentions and aims."

Zaad ul maad 3/372

Walk a bit..

never been on a diet in my life

but if i wanted to flush out the toxins, water warm or ice cold would be good
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.
    Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

Quote Originally Posted by muqallid View Post
    I always feel tired after I eat a big meal, sometimes I feel sleepy
    you have a bad digestive system, eat more fibre
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.
    Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

Quote Originally Posted by samin62 View Post
    dont you guys have hajmola down there?
    what is it ?
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Eat a chewing Gum.

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    what is it ?
    some kind of pill that is supposed to help you digest your food. Its a marketing scam though.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Quote Originally Posted by samin62 View Post
    some kind of pill that is supposed to help you digest your food. Its a marketing scam though.
    ah ok we have something similar called acacia berry or something, its supposed to make u loose weight as well.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

ah ok we have something similar called acacia berry or something, its supposed to make u loose weight as well.
    acai berry is actually good for you. Not sure about the losing weight.

Lost in Islamic History

Allahu alam, im all scammed out on those health fad things after seeing ppl eating crushed sea shells, drinking aloe vera juice, and drinking grass smoothies ( aka wheat grass)

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

drinking aloe vera juice, and drinking grass smoothies ( aka wheat grass)
    lol, Have you herd of ants in dinner, like real ants. believe it, some posh restaurants have dishes containing them, and they cost like 100+ per dish per person.

Odan

Relax on da sofa for about an hour
    [CENTER]Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes!
    [URL="http://salafimediauk.com"]http://salafimediauk.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBegining View Post
    lol, Have you herd of ants in dinner, like real ants. believe it, some posh restaurants have dishes containing them, and they cost like 100+ per dish per person.
    when i was a kid u could buy a bag of chocolate coated ants in france, they were tasty too

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
    Relax on da sofa for about an hour
    me too, with a nice cup of tea

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

All fruits have benefits and drawbacks. People lose weight by not over-eating. If you drink an acai (which is distantly related to dates, btw) shake instead of eating two meals, you'll lose weight. If you drink a double-fudge chocolate whipped cream banana smoothie instead of eating 2 meals, you'll still lose weight. (You will be healthier with the acai shake since it has more vitamins and minerals, though)

when i was a kid u could buy a bag of chocolate coated ants in france, they were tasty too
    Erm.....

Odan

Whoa, weird kid you were with weird taste buds O__o
    [CENTER]Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes!
    [URL="http://salafimediauk.com"]http://salafimediauk.com[/URL][/CENTER]

We need to avoid eating to much! But so tines we can't help it. Take a walk or go up and down the stairs, my Aunty use to say After eating its good to take at least 40 steps(rahimahaAllah)

-Well... at least they were chocolate.

i go to sleep ....

or u could walk a bit.

Jazak ALLAH khair for your replies though i do not eat big meals but my problem is am an emotional eater n sometimes i end up eating things which i dont even like and i only realise it after i feel full n guitly...lol

Account Disabled

Jazak ALLAH khair for your replies though i do not eat big meals but my problem is am an emotional eater n sometimes i end up eating things which i dont even like and i only realise it after i feel full n guitly...lol
    Sister try having a glass of water 15 minutes before having a meal. Insha Allah you won't end up eating too much.