Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Give "ugly" girls a chance

I thought I'll share this post someone had written online:

So i've been reading a lot of the statuses in my news feed, and the main theme today seems to be about men being indecisive over the girl he wants and how they can make a girl feel so ugly because another girl is more prettier. It makes me so sad to realize that a man will be so picky with a girl's physical outlook and will leave her, even if she's a good person, just because she isn't pretty enough. While a girl can actually give an 'unattractive' guy a chance because he's funny, has a great personality or has a great character. I understand that men are visual creatures, but can't they for a second judge a woman by her heart and character. If you were blind, do you really think you'd go for a 'sexy' girl? No. You'd go for the girl who treats you like a king and gives you respect and appreciation. You guys need someone who makes you feel like a man and acts like a loving loyal lady. If SOME of you men keep going for a girl's look, and base your relationship off of attraction; I will guarantee you that the relationship may not last so long if she isn't the kind to have a brain and fights over everything and always wants it her way; you'll start to find many irritating and annoying things that you will start to dislike about her. Do you want a woman like that to be your children's mother? If looks are the only thing you go for I'm sure the girl will be taking care of herself more than she takes care of you and your kids. When time moves along and she ages, will she look the same? Nope. She'll get wrinkles and her body will morph into something you may not like to look at, and on top of that she still got that unattractive personality to match her. Would you still stick with a woman like that? It really irritates me when men leave a good woman for another just because of appearance. Stop having high expectancy when most girls would lower their expectancy just to fit to where you are in their list. I know from personal experience, I lowered my standard every time when I find a potential. But I always end up being their "low standard" and they wouldn't compromise their expectancy for me like I did for them. A woman with a good heart will make your soul tremble with love. Just give them a chance. Their personality can shape them into the most beautiful woman alive for all you know. She can be exactly what you always wanted in your dream wife. Sometimes great things can come in ugly packages. So you'll never know if she's the one if you don't 'buy' the ugly package and 'unwrap' what's hidden.

What do you think?

Re: Give "ugly" girls a chance

yes

Umm Baraa'

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    Alas, to dust we all return,
    Some shall rejoice, while others burn.
    http://salafimediauk.com

Just give up already. It's genetics, and you can't change genetics. Don't pay attention and dont forget that such men aren't a loss at all. Take it as a natural selection of idiots.

What's the point of marrying a guy who asks you bra size? None
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    Just give up already. It's genetics, and you can't change genetics. Don't pay attention and dont forget that such men aren't a loss at all. Take it as a natural selection of idiots.

What's the point of marrying a guy who asks you bra size? None
    no man asks another women her bra size, you just exagarate
    Last edited by ibzy; 30-01-13 at 04:24 PM.

^But the ones that do aren't worth thinking about, is what she's getting at.
    "The angel of death overlooked you and took the souls of your brothers
    And one day he’ll come to you and overlook others"

VISIT THIS SITE

The Oncoming Storm seagulls1999's Avatar

I think it works both ways. Women judge by looks as well

Quote Originally Posted by Salams2All View Post
    yhh i agree, maybe i didnt read it properly

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
    I thought I'll share this post someone had written online:

So i've been reading a lot of the statuses in my news feed, and the main theme today seems to be about men being indecisive over the girl he wants and how they can make a girl feel so ugly because another girl is more prettier. It makes me so sad to realize that a man will be so picky with a girl's physical outlook and will leave her, even if she's a good person, just because she isn't pretty enough. While a girl can actually give an 'unattractive' guy a chance because he's funny, has a great personality or has a great character. I understand that men are visual creatures, but can't they for a second judge a woman by her heart and character. If you were blind, do you really think you'd go for a 'sexy' girl? No. You'd go for the girl who treats you like a king and gives you respect and appreciation. You guys need someone who makes you feel like a man and acts like a loving loyal lady. If SOME of you men keep going for a girl's look, and base your relationship off of attraction; I will guarantee you that the relationship may not last so long if she isn't the kind to have a brain and fights over everything and always wants it her way; you'll start to find many irritating and annoying things that you will start to dislike about her. Do you want a woman like that to be your children's mother? If looks are the only thing you go for I'm sure the girl will be taking care of herself more than she takes care of you and your kids. When time moves along and she ages, will she look the same? Nope. She'll get wrinkles and her body will morph into something you may not like to look at, and on top of that she still got that unattractive personality to match her. Would you still stick with a woman like that? It really irritates me when men leave a good woman for another just because of appearance. Stop having high expectancy when most girls would lower their expectancy just to fit to where you are in their list. I know from personal experience, I lowered my standard every time when I find a potential. But I always end up being their "low standard" and they wouldn't compromise their expectancy for me like I did for them. A woman with a good heart will make your soul tremble with love. Just give them a chance. Their personality can shape them into the most beautiful woman alive for all you know. She can be exactly what you always wanted in your dream wife. Sometimes great things can come in ugly packages. So you'll never know if she's the one if you don't 'buy' the ugly package and 'unwrap' what's hidden.

What do you think?
    Yeah its interesting, I mean personally I wouldn't just leave a person because they are not attractive that would have effects on the person, make them feel useless and ugly; as a saying goes not sure where I heard it but there are different sides to a square, don't look at things from one perspective.

However you do get different types of people who will judge a person simply on their looks and ignore other aspects such as character and deen. But also I think the very people are worried because marriage basically means you will be spending your entire life with that person, so its best things be sorted out before.

I'm a male myself and do agree that there are very stingy males out there, but there are others who will be willing to overlook flaws and accept a person for who they are for the sake of Allah. (I'm one of those people )
    Illallahu Ilallah Ilallaho Ilallah Ilallaho Ilallah Ilallahu Ilallah
    Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah, Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah Khudi ka sirey nihan, La Ilaaha Ilallah
    Khudi hai Tegh e fasaan, La Ilaaha Ilallah Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah, Haq La Ilaaha Ilallah
    Kisi nay pucha kay jannat ki koi kimat hai To Mustafa (Peace Be Upon Him) nay kaha, La Ilaha Illallah.
    Haq La Ilaha Illallah, Haq La Ilaha Illallah

Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    no man asks another women her bra size, you just exagarate
    You'd be very very very very surprised as what is being asked........

I have to quote that because im trying to understand if you really wrote that.
    Last edited by Fais; 30-01-13 at 04:47 PM.
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Odan

See the plus side, such girls are fortunate to escape from superficial men.

There are men whose love extends beyond the proverbial skin depth and these men choose them.
    Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

I like the sentiments of the topic and wish that I myself was not so looks oriented, but there's also something to bear in mind. It's not just "is she attractive", there is an element in the matter such that the person feels relaxed that the one before him is the right one. For instance someone can recognize another person has beauty, but it is not the kind he is inclined towards. But there are so many other factors too, like religion, language, location, parent's opinion, etc that are sometimes weighed to determine an overall verdict.

Keep in mind that your destiny is already written, your appearance has no bearing on that.

Worth mentioning that in the west in particular, the majority are bombarded with images of the most dolled up women, and thus they will incline towards what looks like that. I realize that is not a good thing, but this is how many are. Another factor is, polygamy has been made very difficult, so marrying someone is not like the old days when a man can say "sure, just add her to the team and we'll have the walimah tonight or tomorrow." No, it has become this complicated thing where families meet, there is a lot of hype, dowry is negotiated, and all these issues need to be cleared. Given that it's a one shot thing and the emphasis on how "this is the one person you shall spend your life with!" (even though we're allowed three others), people are less willing to compromise, because the way they see it, that's it, you only get one chance to get it right. So as such, people think and think, calculate, etc. And this is why again I always say, the biggest victims of polygamy being hated by women are women themselves, otherwise for the man with equity, more wives means more responsibility.
    لقد كنا أذل قوم فأعزنا الله بالإسلام، فمهما ابتغينا العز في غيره أذلنا الله

Quote Originally Posted by Salams2All View Post
    It's a pointless thing to get at since I believe the topic creator is referring to facial features and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    It's a pointless thing to get at since I believe the topic creator is referring to facial features and nothing else.
    No...I'm referring to outer appearance in general. Not anything specific.

No...I'm referring to outer appearance in general. Not anything specific.
    That is odd, since what is permitted in Islam is only that one sees her face and her hands when considering. And really it is the face that ultimately determines attraction, at least to someone with sound nature. That is one of the reasons why I believe niqaab to be an obvious waajib, but that is another discussion we will not get into.

"She'll get wrinkles and her body will morph into something you may not like to look at, and on top of that she still got that unattractive personality to match her. Would you still stick with a woman like that? It really irritates me when men leave a good woman for another just because of appearance"

I like the sentiments of the topic and wish that I myself was not so looks oriented, but there's also something to bear in mind. It's not just "is she attractive", there is an element in the matter such that the person feels relaxed that the one before him is the right one. For instance someone can recognize another person has beauty, but it is not the kind he is inclined towards. But there are so many other factors too, like religion, language, location, parent's opinion, etc that are sometimes weighed to determine an overall verdict.

Keep in mind that your destiny is already written, your appearance has no bearing on that.

Worth mentioning that in the west in particular, the majority are bombarded with images of the most dolled up women, and thus they will incline towards what looks like that. I realize that is not a good thing, but this is how many are. Another factor is, polygamy has been made very difficult, so marrying someone is not like the old days when a man can say "sure, just add her to the team and we'll have the walimah tonight or tomorrow." No, it has become this complicated thing where families meet, there is a lot of hype, dowry is negotiated, and all these issues need to be cleared. Given that it's a one shot thing and the emphasis on how "this is the one person you shall spend your life with!" (even though we're allowed three others), people are less willing to compromise, because the way they see it, that's it, you only get one chance to get it right. So as such, people think and think, calculate, etc. And this is why again I always say, the biggest victims of polygamy being hated by women are women themselves, otherwise for the man with equity, more wives means more responsibility.
    People like that are deluded. 'You only have one chance to get it right.' A spouse is going to have flaws no matter what. There is no 'perfect' person out there for them to 'get this right'.

And I would be very very very very very very upset if I had a husband who decided to marry another woman just because he thinks she's prettier. This is exactly something the article I post referred to, making a woman feel ugly by going to someone he thinks is 'prettier'. He should be lowering his gaze anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    "She'll get wrinkles and her body will morph into something you may not like to look at, and on top of that she still got that unattractive personality to match her. Would you still stick with a woman like that? It really irritates me when men leave a good woman for another just because of appearance"
    It was a point made, but I did not think that the sister was referring to anything other than facial features when they are all young and choosing. It remains odd, given what is permissible to see in the first place.

*crickets chirp*
    Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 30-01-13 at 05:17 PM.

People like that are deluded. 'You only have one chance to get it right.' A spouse is going to have flaws no matter what. There is no 'perfect' person out there for them to 'get this right'.

And I would be very very very very very very upset if I had a husband who decided to marry another woman just because he thinks she's prettier. This is exactly something the article I post referred to, making a woman feel ugly by going to someone he thinks is 'prettier'. He should be lowering his gaze anyway.
    They would be deluded if they believed that and were against polygamy, they would not be deluded however if society's pressures have forced them into that in the first place.

For example, a man is already married. He wishes to take on another wife, but his first wife with whom he has children threatens to divorce him if he does. She is a sinner, and more than that he should not marry to avoid the fitnah on the children. That is a man who was pressured.

Also when a man marries another woman, why must you think "because he thinks she's prettier". Is he not going to go through the same process anyway and determine he's attracted to the girl? If so, he would think her to be pretty, be it prettier or less so, the point is he found her acceptable and thus married. Nothing else needs to be noted. And again, when society has forbidden this practice, well we see the fruits now. Marriage as a whole is more difficult, and indeed society pressures one into making one choice and one choice only, and that means less of the compromising you are asking for in the opening post.

What is the matter with some people?
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

الحمد لله‎

just two things: beauty is relative and naseeb

if 9 out of 10 guys think you've less than perfect looks then the 10th guy will find you attractive

even if 10th guy does not then don't stress, if Allah has made a match for you He will bring you two together inshaAllah
    "We have a a history to be proud of and a future to believe in.."

They would be deluded if they believed that and were against polygamy, they would not be deluded however if society's pressures have forced them into that in the first place.

For example, a man is already married. He wishes to take on another wife, but his first wife with whom he has children threatens to divorce him if he does. She is a sinner, and more than that he should not marry to avoid the fitnah on the children. That is a man who was pressured.

Also when a man marries another woman, why must you think "because he thinks she's prettier". Is he not going to go through the same process anyway and determine he's attracted to the girl? If so, he would think her to be pretty, be it prettier or less so, the point is he found her acceptable and thus married. Nothing else needs to be noted. And again, when society has forbidden this practice, well we see the fruits now. Marriage as a whole is more difficult, and indeed society pressures one into making one choice and one choice only, and that means less of the compromising you are asking for in the opening post.
    I agree that polygamy is halal. However, some make it sound as if a man has to either choose between committing adultery, marrying another wife or staying monogamous and suffering. Can't he just be monogamous and be happy, in love and grateful for his wife? How hard is that?

I agree that polygamy is halal. However, some make it sound as if a man has to either choose between committing adultery, marrying another wife or staying monogamous and suffering. Can't he just be monogamous and be happy, in love and grateful for her wife? How hard is that?
    Can't he just be polygamous and help out three other women in your current position and have them all accept what is halal? How hard is that? The question is arbitrary, one wonders why it was even asked.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into another polygamy debate, though I am the one who brought the matter into the topic. But it can't be helped, that is a big reason for all these problems as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by .Hajar. View Post
    just two things: beauty is relative and naseeb

if 9 out of 10 guys think you've less than perfect looks then the 10th guy will find you attractive

even if 10th guy does not then don't stress, if Allah has made a match for you He will bring you two together inshaAllah
    Also this^^^^

We have attractive people who are having difficulty finding someone, while people whom one would consider less so have found long ago. That is the decree.
    Last edited by علي; 30-01-13 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
    Ain't nobody got time fo' dat

Quote Originally Posted by Fais View Post
    What is the matter with some people?
    You should have left it to be honest, as a reminder the next time he "advises" me on my religion

I agree that polygamy is halal. However, some make it sound as if a man has to either choose between committing adultery, marrying another wife or staying monogamous and suffering. Can't he just be monogamous and be happy, in love and grateful for his wife? How hard is that?
    I don't get how beauty has to do with polygamy

I wonder what msmoorad posted to get him banned. Anyone care to fill me in?

Quote Originally Posted by Strive View Post
    you wouldnt want to know

so, whats the conclusion

Men are picky over a woman's looks for the same reason women are going to be picky over guys who have more $$ than the other...
    If a woman doesn't take care of herself, watch her weight, her nutrition and so on, this reflects on her skin, on her appearance.. In essence, its psychological that a guy would choose a woman who takes care of herself (therefore judging on the outside appearance) simply because they'd like to generate offspring that are attractive and genetically feasable. The same reason that a woman would make her decision based on the fact whether or not a man can financially provide for her, because of 'success ratios'.

A woman who marries a man that cannot provide for her, can be relatable of a man marrying a woman whom he does not find appealing because he might be thinking of the offspring produced through this relationship.... Looking at it another way.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeeraQ View Post
    Men are picky over a woman's looks for the same reason women are going to be picky over guys who have more $$ than the other...
    If a woman doesn't take care of herself, watch her weight, her nutrition and so on, this reflects on her skin, on her appearance.. In essence, its psychological that a guy would choose a woman who takes care of herself (therefore judging on the outside appearance) simply because they'd like to generate offspring that are attractive and genetically feasable. The same reason that a woman would make her decision based on the fact whether or not a man can financially provide for her, because of 'success ratios'.

A woman who marries a man that cannot provide for her, can be relatable of a man marrying a woman whom he does not find appealing because he might be thinking of the offspring produced through this relationship.... Looking at it another way.
    i agree with the first bit, women tend to go for the more successful men, i.e. financially stable

Doesn't deen & character come into this at all? "Good" looks and lots of money doesn't make a good spouse and successful marriage.

Also are you trying to say that shallow men would also be put off by "ugly" women just incase he thought the children might be "ugly" too? Wow, so not only are shallow men shallow, but they are also bad fathers.

DaughterOfAdam for removing reference to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    i agree with the first bit, women tend to go for the more successful men, i.e. financially stable
    Of course. So if a man is a bit picky over a woman's outer appearance, i think that it's their right. The funny thing is that a woman who is beautiful on the outside. Note the word "Beautiful" will also be beautiful on the inside, her heart and her intentions tend to reflect through a woman's eyes. A woman who is rotten on the inside, might be good looking on the outside, but will not be beautiful. Actions make a woman beautiful as well, just like it would make a woman ugly. So if the man decides to marry a woman whom he sees as beautiful, it can be because he saw that she had a good heart and it radiated.

Doesn't deen & character come into this at all? "Good" looks and lots of money doesn't make a good spouse and successful marriage.

Also are you trying to say that shallow men would also be put off by "ugly" women just incase he thought the children might be "ugly" too? Wow, so not only are shallow men shallow, but they are also bad fathers.
    yes, you are correct, why do you seem surprised. i know of a case, where a man was advised not to marry a women, because, somethign was wrong with her nose, and they didnt want that child to inherit that, plus i dont know if she was on deen, so both factors were taken to consideration.

but its preferance, we've been given the guidacance, its a simple, you take it or leave it

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strive View Post
    You shouldn't ask such things.

Fais is the one who deleted his post and who i assume banned him too, in which case it must have been something really bad.

"Beware of the people of personal opinion (in Deeni matters), because the people of opinion are the enemy of the Sunnah, they were unable to safeguard the Ahaadeeth, so they speak (in matters of the Deen) with their opinion, so they go astray and they lead others astray."

Hadhrat `Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab Radhiallaahu `Anhu.

Forgive me if i appear harsh or tactless at time in my replies, I have a great amount of ghayrah for my deen, thus I am quickly angered when people mistreat it.

Sisters: Please, do not send me pm's or wall messages if it's not for a necessity like a translation or a ruling etc, Jazaakunnallaahu Khayr.

Of course. So if a man is a bit picky over a woman's outer appearance, i think that it's their right. The funny thing is that a woman who is beautiful on the outside. Note the word "Beautiful" will also be beautiful on the inside, her heart and her intentions tend to reflect through a woman's eyes. A woman who is rotten on the inside, might be good looking on the outside, but will not be beautiful. Actions make a woman beautiful as well, just like it would make a woman ugly. So if the man decides to marry a woman whom he sees as beautiful, it can be because he saw that she had a good heart and it radiated.
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooolll nah, I think only women think like that.

No. You are twisting my words.
    A woman who is beautiful is BEAUTIFUL because her actions and her inner beauty radiates to the outside. There's a difference between GOOD LOOKING and being BEAUTIFUL. Beautiful encompasses everything. If you do not have a good heart, if you do not have good intentions, and if you do not have good feelings and are close to Allah, you can appear to be UGLY to others, despite you being 'good' looking.

As for the taking care of yourself, why would a man want a woman who does not care for herself? She might not care for her offspring or for her husband? If I was a man, I'd rather marry a woman who looks at nutrition, who cares for her health, because I KNOW she will take care of me and not feed me junk food, which is bad for me. I know she can be fertile because of the food she consumes, i know my offspring will come out strong and healthy because she radiates health.

As for women, they wish to marry someone who can provide for them. This is normal. If you're going into a marriage, would you not want someone who can take care of you AND your children?

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    You shouldn't ask such things.

Fais is the one who deleted his post and who i assume banned him too, in which case it must have been something really bad.
    I don't mean to be rude but I'll ask what I like.

I wasn't asking for details just what his post was about.

beauty is in the person's eyes

one guy might find a woman incredibly ugly

and another man might find her stunning