Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

Time and again we come across narrations that may amaze us and we rush to spread them around without sparing a minute to think: "Is this an authentic hadeeth?"

Many a time the narrations people send around in emails etc tend to be fabrications, and people spread these things unknowingly, but that will not be sufficient as an excuse for you, because you will be asked: "Why did you not ask if you did not know?"

So with that in mind I am making this thread, if you want to know the authenticity of a narration then post it here, and In-Shaa Allaah we will endeavour to help you.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

-Traveling by myself- TheNamesMalik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

-JazakAllah Khair brother, this is a helpful thread.

1."O Jibra'il! Describe the Hell-fire and its heat to me." He replied: "Allah SWT created the Hell-fire and kindled it for 1000 years until it became red. He then kindled it for another 1000 years until it turned white. He then kindled it for another 1000 years until it turned black. And so it is pitch black. I take an oath by that being (Allah) who sent you with the truth that if a garment of the inmates of Hell were to appear before the inhabitants of this world, they would all die together. If a bucket of its drink were to be poured on all waters of the world, whoever drinks it will be killed. If one arm's length of its chain which Allah SWT mentioned in the Qur'an "in a chain whose length is 70 arms length" (Surah al-Haqqah, V.32) - the extent of one arm length is between east and west - were to be placed on the mountains of this world, they would all melt. If a person is put into the Hell-fire and is then removed, the people of this world will all die on account of the offensive odour that he will emit."

2.I swear by Allah that 99 tinnin will torture a disbeliever in his grave until the Resurrection.)

3.Also I can't find it but, there was a saying where that no one is safe from the squeezing of the grave not even muslims, is this true?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)

Abu Mus'ab- are you a scholar, or a student of knowledge? As for my question, its not about a hadith, but I want to know if deobandis are part of ahlu sunnah wal jama'ah- because i heard they were not.
    ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
    And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Indeed whoever helps a sin by even a word is a partner in it

Wheres it from? how authentic is it?

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNamesMalik View Post

1."O Jibra'il! Describe the Hell-fire and its heat to me." He replied: "Allah SWT created the Hell-fire and kindled it for 1000 years until it became red. He then kindled it for another 1000 years until it turned white. He then kindled it for another 1000 years until it turned black. And so it is pitch black. I take an oath by that being (Allah) who sent you with the truth that if a garment of the inmates of Hell were to appear before the inhabitants of this world, they would all die together. If a bucket of its drink were to be poured on all waters of the world, whoever drinks it will be killed. If one arm's length of its chain which Allah SWT mentioned in the Qur'an "in a chain whose length is 70 arms length" (Surah al-Haqqah, V.32) - the extent of one arm length is between east and west - were to be placed on the mountains of this world, they would all melt. If a person is put into the Hell-fire and is then removed, the people of this world will all die on account of the offensive odour that he will emit."

2.I swear by Allah that 99 tinnin will torture a disbeliever in his grave until the Resurrection.)

3.Also I can't find it but, there was a saying where that no one is safe from the squeezing of the grave not even muslims, is this true?

I found this version of it in Imam Ibn Kathir's book 'Book of the End- Great trials and tribulations'

'Umar ibn Al-Khattaab said, "Jibreel went to the Prophet * at a time during which he would not come to him. The Prophet *, said, '0 Jibreel, why do I see that your color has changed?' He said, 'I did not come to you until Allah ordered for the opening of the Hellfire.'

The Prophet at said, '0 Jibreel, describe the Hellfire to me, and describe Hell to me.' He said, 'Allah ordered for it, and it was ignited upon for 1000 years until it became red. Then it was ignited upon for 1000 years until it became white. And then it was ignited upon for 1000 years until it became black. It is black and dark. Its sparks do not give light and its blaze does not extinguish."'
    And he said, "By the one who has sent you with the truth, were a ring from the rings of the chain that Allah it described in
    His Book to be placed on a mountain of this world, it would melt it." Then the Prophet * said, "That is sufficient for me, 0 Jibreel. Do not split my heart." The Messenger of Allah * looked and saw Jibreel * crying.

He * said, "0 Jibreel, you are crying, though you have a very high status with Allah?" He said, "And what should prevent me from crying when I do not know whether, in the knowledge of Allah, I will be in another state (situation), for Iblees was once with the angels.

Also, Haaroot and Maaroot were from the angels." The Prophet and Jibreel continued to cry until it was called out,
    "0 Muhammad, and 0 Jibreel, Allah has indeed secured you both from becoming angry." Jibreel then rose and the Prophet went out. He then passed by a group of his Companions, who were talking and laughing. He A said, "You are laughing, though the Hellfire is behind you (i.e., coming from behind you, meaning the Day of Resurrection is approaching and near)! Were you to know what I know, you would have laughed only a little, and you would have cried much, and you would have went out to highlands, praying ardently to Allah ."

Then Allah revealed,

"0 Muhammad, I indeed sent you as a bearer of glad tidings." Then the Messenger of Allah SI said, "Rejoice, Saddidoo (be upon uprightness in action and correctness in speech), and Qaariboo (come as close as you can to uprightness in action and correctness in speech)." (Related by Ibn Mirdawai) Ad-Diyaa said, "Al-Haafiz
    Abu Al-Qaasim (referring to Ismaa'eel ibn Muhammad ibn Al-Fadl)
    said, "This Hadeeth is Hasan, and its chain is good."

Though this raises a question as to what Jibraeel alayhis salaam meant by 'Harut and Marut were of the Angels' right after he mentioned Iblis?

Edit: I realise that could probably be mistranslation of what was actually said, so if thats the case, disregard what i asked.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Can we get an explanation to this Hadith.

132. Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) said, "He who observes the Fajr and `Asr (prayers) will enter Jannah.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Odan
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)

I heard some Pakistanis remark on a forum that there is some hadith where the Prophet of Islam said something to the effect that he can feel the cool air blowing from al-Hind (India).

Is there such hadith? I couldn't search it.

The Pakistanis of course are projecting this as this shows fondness of the Prophet towards the subcontinent.
    Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Odan
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)

OK, the Sunni forum says that the saying is of Ali ibn Abi Talib. I found it from this Sunni forum thread

The Hadith is found in Mustadrak Al-Haakim as a saying of Sayyidina Ali (RA);

عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما ، قال : قال علي بن أبي طالب : أطيب ريح في الأرض الهند

Ibn Abbas (RA) said, Ali (RA) said: "I feel cool breeze from Hind." Mustadrak Al-Haakim Hadith 3954. Hakim said, 'This Hadith is Sahih on the conditions of [Sahih] Muslim.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Akhi,

First of all, May Allah reward you for such an initiative.. JAZA KALLAH KHAIRUN...

Could you please tell about the authenticity of the following hadith which i just read in Facebook. Its in urdu and i tried to translate it....

On the authority of Hazrat Abu Hurairah ( May Allah be pleased with him ) that Prophet Muhammad ( Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him ) said '' Do you see my face towards Qibla ? By Allah !! Your Khusho o Khuzoo and Rukoo are not hidden from me, I see you from behind as well ''

They have provided the references # from Bukhari, Muslim, Suyuti and others... Please tell how authentic it is...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

1: It's reported by Imaam At-Tabaaraanee rahimahullaah in al-mu`jamul awsat, however it is weak. Imaam qawwaamus sunnah rahimahullaah narrates it in at-targheeb wat-tarheeb and he says it's chain is quite good, however it contains sallaam at-taweel that imaam al-haythami rahimahullaah says is regarded as weak by everyone.

2: tinnin?

3: A Hadeeth which says that? I do not know of such a narration.

Wallaahu A`lam.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder94 View Post
    Abu Mus'ab- are you a scholar, or a student of knowledge? As for my question, its not about a hadith, but I want to know if deobandis are part of ahlu sunnah wal jama'ah- because i heard they were not.

Deobandis are part of the ahlus sunnah, the only ones who contest that are the barelwis, and the madkhalis.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    1: It's reported by Imaam At-Tabaaraanee rahimahullaah in al-mu`jamul awsat, however it is weak. Imaam qawwaamus sunnah rahimahullaah narrates it in at-targheeb wat-tarheeb and he says it's chain is quite good, however it contains sallaam at-taweel that imaam al-haythami rahimahullaah says is regarded as weak by everyone.

2: tinnin?

3: A Hadeeth which says that? I do not know of such a narration.

Wallaahu A`lam.
    2. It was suppose to mean snake.

3.He said in the Musnad … the hadith of Hudhaifah, who said, “We were with the Prophet of Allaah, صلى الله عليه وسلم, during a funeral. So when we got to the grave he sat down on his two shins and started to look at it, and then said, ‘The believer is squeezed in it one time such that his ‘hamaa’il’ are crushed, and the disbeliever is covered in Fire.’” Here is the saying I was looking for.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muqallid View Post
    Indeed whoever helps a sin by even a word is a partner in it

Wheres it from? how authentic is it?

I don't of a hadeeth with that exact wording, what i do know is this one:

"Whoever aids in the killing of a believer even by half a word, he will meet Allaah `Azza Wa Jall with "Despondent in the Mercy of Allaah" written between his eyes."

It is reported by imaam ibn maajah rahimahullaah, but it is weak.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    Though this raises a question as to what Jibraeel alayhis salaam meant by 'Harut and Marut were of the Angels' right after he mentioned Iblis?

Edit: I realise that could probably be mistranslation of what was actually said, so if thats the case, disregard what i asked.
    It's not a mistranslation.

You see this narration has two wordings, one says "iblees was of the angels" and one says "and iblees was with the angels", but that's not so relevant here.

What that is referring to is the story that haaroot and maaroot are being punished in a well etc as i'm sure you must know the story, so if they could go wrong and get punished then who am i?

However shaykh kishk has a book called "the world of the angels" if i'm not mistaken, in that book he quotes haafidh al `iraaqi rahimahullaah who rejects that narration totally as being a false lie and they are not being punished because they did not disobey Allaah.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Can we get an explanation to this Hadith.

132. Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) said, "He who observes the Fajr and `Asr (prayers) will enter Jannah.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
    This hadeeth and its likenesses are simply mentioning certain acts is required for one to enter jannah.

Think of it in the opposite way: "He who does not perform the fajr and `asr salaah will not enter jannah (until he's spent his time in jahannam)."

So it does not mean that if a person only makes those two then he will go to jannah, far from it actually.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    OK, the Sunni forum says that the saying is of Ali ibn Abi Talib. I found it from this Sunni forum thread

The Hadith is found in Mustadrak Al-Haakim as a saying of Sayyidina Ali (RA);

عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما ، قال : قال علي بن أبي طالب : أطيب ريح في الأرض الهند

Ibn Abbas (RA) said, Ali (RA) said: "I feel cool breeze from Hind." Mustadrak Al-Haakim Hadith 3954. Hakim said, 'This Hadith is Sahih on the conditions of [Sahih] Muslim.'
    It's the words of hadhrat `Ali Radhiallaahu `Anhu and not the words of Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam.

And the correct translation is: "The best wind on earth is in al-Hind, Aadam `Alayhis Salaatu Was Salaam was sent down with it, and its trees caught some of the wind of paradise."

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Constnt Learner View Post
    Dear Akhi,

First of all, May Allah reward you for such an initiative.. JAZA KALLAH KHAIRUN...

Could you please tell about the authenticity of the following hadith which i just read in Facebook. Its in urdu and i tried to translate it....

On the authority of Hazrat Abu Hurairah ( May Allah be pleased with him ) that Prophet Muhammad ( Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him ) said '' Do you see my face towards Qibla ? By Allah !! Your Khusho o Khuzoo and Rukoo are not hidden from me, I see you from behind as well ''

They have provided the references # from Bukhari, Muslim, Suyuti and others... Please tell how authentic it is...
    You didn't have to translate it as i can understand at least that much urdu.

Anyway, the references are correct and it is authentic, ant it has various wordings, one narration of Bukhaari says:

"Perform your Rukoo` and Sujood properly, for I take an oath by Allaah that I see you behind me - or behind my back - when you bow and prostrate."

Note: Some mad people misunderstand from this and claim that Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam had four eyes, and some others claim that this hadeeth is proof for having knowledge of the unseen, but both those claims are false.

Rather this hadeeth is proof of the miracle that Allaah showed Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam their salaah, the way Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam was shown various other visions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You didn't have to translate it as i can understand at least that much urdu.

Anyway, the references are correct and it is authentic, ant it has various wordings, one narration of Bukhaari says:

"Perform your Rukoo` and Sujood properly, for I take an oath by Allaah that I see you behind me - or behind my back - when you bow and prostrate."

Note: Some mad people misunderstand from this and claim that Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam had four eyes, and some others claim that this hadeeth is proof for having knowledge of the unseen, but both those claims are false.

Rather this hadeeth is proof of the miracle that Allaah showed Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam their salaah, the way Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam was shown various other visions.
    -Can you look over my post again? I've found the saying, JazakAllah khair for your time.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

It's not a mistranslation.

You see this narration has two wordings, one says "iblees was of the angels" and one says "and iblees was with the angels", but that's not so relevant here.

What that is referring to is the story that haaroot and maaroot are being punished in a well etc as i'm sure you must know the story, so if they could go wrong and get punished then who am i?

However shaykh kishk has a book called "the world of the angels" if i'm not mistaken, in that book he quotes haafidh al `iraaqi rahimahullaah who rejects that narration totally as being a false lie and they are not being punished because they did not disobey Allaah.
    Right. It just didn't seem right given they are Angels.....

Also - found this had some useful stuff in there including the book u mentioned and what other ulema have said: http://www.islamawareness.net/Angels/disobey.html

Thats just for future reference if any one else reads this topic.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

2. It was suppose to mean snake.

3.He said in the Musnad … the hadith of Hudhaifah, who said, “We were with the Prophet of Allaah, صلى الله عليه وسلم, during a funeral. So when we got to the grave he sat down on his two shins and started to look at it, and then said, ‘The believer is squeezed in it one time such that his ‘hamaa’il’ are crushed, and the disbeliever is covered in Fire.’” Here is the saying I was looking for.
    2: The hadeeth is authentic, it is reported by imaam ibn hibbaan rahimahullaah, it's part of a longer hadeeth but the relevant part is:

"The punishment of the kaafir in his grave, I take an oath by Allaah ninety nine tinneen are set upon him, do you know what are the tinneen? Is it seventy snakes, each snake having 7 heads, they will bite and scratch him until the day of qiyaamah."

3: The narration is weak, but not fabricated. The explanation given is that the grave gives one squeeze, and after that it either opens as far as the eye can see, or it crushes even more than that.

Wallaahu A`lam.
    Last edited by Abu Mus'ab; 29-01-13 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)

Deobandis are part of the ahlus sunnah, the only ones who contest that are the barelwis, and the madkhalis.
    according to IslamQA (whom you gave reference to in one of your answers) says they are not part of Ahlus Sunnah. Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem has also said that they are not from Ahlus Sunnah. They are scholars and have said this, so that is why I asked because I am confused. I'm not here to argue, I have been asking around the forum for these answers for a while but have found mixed opinions. I just want to know if its okay to listen to them and if they are on the haqq.
    ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
    And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The face that gets wet from tears caused by the remeberance of Allah , will never be harmed by the fire of jahannam.

Is this authentic?

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooldog View Post
    The face that gets wet from tears caused by the remeberance of Allah , will never be harmed by the fire of jahannam.

Is this authentic?
    Link

The hadith is hasan ghareeb.
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

This hadeeth and its likenesses are simply mentioning certain acts is required for one to enter jannah.

Think of it in the opposite way: "He who does not perform the fajr and `asr salaah will not enter jannah (until he's spent his time in jahannam)."

So it does not mean that if a person only makes those two then he will go to jannah, far from it actually.

Wallaahu A`lam.
    Ahh...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder94 View Post
    according to IslamQA (whom you gave reference to in one of your answers) says they are not part of Ahlus Sunnah. Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem has also said that they are not from Ahlus Sunnah. They are scholars and have said this, so that is why I asked because I am confused. I'm not here to argue, I have been asking around the forum for these answers for a while but have found mixed opinions. I just want to know if its okay to listen to them and if they are on the haqq.
    One thing you will learn in today's world, it's almost impossible to find a scholar that is free of errors, islamqa has its good and bad points, shaykh assim has his good and bad points, likewise deobandis have their good and bad points.

But they are still part of the ahlus sunnah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)

It's the words of hadhrat `Ali Radhiallaahu `Anhu and not the words of Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam.

And the correct translation is: "The best wind on earth is in al-Hind, Aadam `Alayhis Salaatu Was Salaam was sent down with it, and its trees caught some of the wind of paradise."
    Thank you, that was very detailed and informative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Link

The hadith is hasan ghareeb.

So ghareeb means weak yes ? I feel dumb asking this..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooldog View Post

So ghareeb means weak yes ? I feel dumb asking this..
    No, the hadeeth is authentic (saheeh).

Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)

I was asked by someone about the Hadith in Sahih Muslim I think, where the Prophet combined 2 prayers, without travel or rain. What is the meaning of that hadith...
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

No, the hadeeth is authentic (saheeh).

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fais View Post
    I was asked by someone about the Hadith in Sahih Muslim I think, where the Prophet combined 2 prayers, without travel or rain. What is the meaning of that hadith...
    You have asked about an issue about which chapters have been written, and as such i can't repeat everything that's been written.

To join two salaah without a valid reason is not permissible.

The `ulamaa have numerous answers about that hadeeth, i'll just give you two simple ones.

1: It was jam`ah soori, as the hanafis say, in which case there's no problem since it only seems to be joining but each is made in its own time.

2: The hadeeth has two wordings, one says "without fear or rain" and the other says "without fear or travelling", so the `ulamaa reply and say there was a reason why the salaah was joined, and that's "sickness", because sickness is also a reason to make joining salaah permissible.

But without a valid reason it is not permissible to join salaah.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brother Musab,

Two hadiths are given below :

1) Messenger of Allah ( peace and blessings be upon him ) said....A believer eats in one intestine ( is satisfied with little food ) and a non-believer eats in seven intestines ( eats much )....reference sahih bukhari

2) Messenger of Allah ( peace and blessings be upon him ) said... ( on the day of judgement ) Allah, the Exalted, will fold up the heavens in His Right Hand, and will take universe in His Other Hand, then He will say : '' I am the Sovereign, I am the Judge. Where are the kings of earth ? where are the tyrants ? where are those who are arrogant ?

Are these authentic hadiths ?...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Constnt Learner View Post
    Brother Musab,

Two hadiths are given below :

1) Messenger of Allah ( peace and blessings be upon him ) said....A believer eats in one intestine ( is satisfied with little food ) and a non-believer eats in seven intestines ( eats much )....reference sahih bukhari

2) Messenger of Allah ( peace and blessings be upon him ) said... ( on the day of judgement ) Allah, the Exalted, will fold up the heavens in His Right Hand, and will take universe in His Other Hand, then He will say : '' I am the Sovereign, I am the Judge. Where are the kings of earth ? where are the tyrants ? where are those who are arrogant ?

Are these authentic hadiths ?...
    They are both authentic ahaadeeth.

The second one is from saheeh muslim with a slight variation in wording.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Assalamua'alaikum,

the narration re. Ibrahim As and the 4 birds?

Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illest View Post
    Assalamua'alaikum,

the narration re. Ibrahim As and the 4 birds?

SubhanAllah..this is in surah baqarah....

'Afwan
    Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

I have a question regarding the statement where it was said:
    "If there were a Prophet after me it would have been Umar Radhi-yAllaahu 'anhu" Obviously those aren't the exact words, but something to that extent

Or something to that extent. What exactly does the narration say? Did the Prophet actually say Prophet or was the word something else? I recall hearing ages ago that it didn't necessarily mean a Prophet but something else like a person that was inspired by Allah or something, not sure what...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brother Musab,

Tell me about this one as well....

Umm Kulthum reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, saying, “He is not a liar who reconciles people by saying something good or inventing something good.”

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Book of Righteousness, Number 1938, Sahih]

Could you please explain it a bit...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    I have a question regarding the statement where it was said:
    "If there were a Prophet after me it would have been Umar Radhi-yAllaahu 'anhu" Obviously those aren't the exact words, but something to that extent

Or something to that extent. What exactly does the narration say? Did the Prophet actually say Prophet or was the word something else? I recall hearing ages ago that it didn't necessarily mean a Prophet but something else like a person that was inspired by Allah or something, not sure what...
    That is the exact words.

The word used is Nabi.

It's a very simple narration, the keyword is "IF there were to be a nabi" but obviously there isn't another nabi.

As for being inspired, then yes hadhrat `umar radhiallaahu `anhu was inspired too.

You can read all about it and more here: http://darulilm.wordpress.com/2013/0...iallaahu-anhu/

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

mawlana, you mentioned on paltalk I believe a hadith quoted by al ghazzali about the seven earths and how there are parallel existences with people like us (correct me if I'm wrong). How authentic is this hadith?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muqallid View Post
    mawlana, you mentioned on paltalk I believe a hadith quoted by al ghazzali about the seven earths and how there are parallel existences with people like us (correct me if I'm wrong). How authentic is this hadith?
    Just one note, the al ghazalli i referred to was the forum member not imaam al ghazaali rahimahullaah.

Moulana abdul hayy lucknawi rahimahullaah wrote a detailed article on it: http://www.deoband.org/2010/08/hadit...E2%80%98abbas/

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Brother I have read this hadith about not to pray in the time of dawn and in the time of sunset because the mushrikeen perform their idol worshiping in that certain period of time.Thereby the sujood in that frame of time is haram.

I read the hadith.But I don't remember the exact phrase.I am trying to refer this to someone however due to lack of resources.Please help me find the hadith and the commentary of ulema of deen on this very hadith and ruling.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen