Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Why do Muslims leave Islamic lands and come to the land of the kuffar?

what is interesting thing about this thread is that Muslim solja did ask a good question

but not directed solely at pakistanis, but all muslims

now the immediate answer is that they come to the west to "get a better life" or "free oppression"

but is leaving a muslim land and living amongst the kuffar the solution?

muslims lack pride in themselves and their religion, and they have their sights too focused on the kuffar and the worldly accomplishments of the kuffar

if the mod who closed this thread would open it, i would like to continue this discussion

if not, its ok, i am sure the subject will come up again
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: Why do Muslims leave Islamic lands and come to the land of the kuffar?

Q: Why do Muslims leave Islamic lands and come to the land of the kuffar?

A: 90% of the time it is Economic reasons.

If the economy of the West packs up, Muslims will leave on their own (except a stubborn few). If Asia (China etc) becomes richer than the West and opens up to the world
    then you will see most people (including Muslims) flocking there.

People go where there is Wealth.
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Like Abu Mubarak said, people need to work hard to make their countries as prosperous as the US, Canada, etc. They defiantly have the natural resources to do so. If Americans can do it, so can Muslim countries. I was in Egypt, and it was sad to see how much garbage was all over the streets, children sleeping on cardboard boxes while their mothers panhandle, the Mediterranean coast littered. Where is the pride to fix up the countries? I don't understand how people can not care.
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Quote Originally Posted by yassin' View Post
    Q: Why do Muslims leave Islamic lands and come to the land of the kuffar?

A: 90% of the time it is Economic reasons.

If the economy of the West packs up, Muslims will leave on their own (except a stubborn few). If Asia (China etc) becomes richer than the West and opens up to the world
    then you will see most people (including Muslims) flocking there.

People go where there is Wealth.
    I think safely, security and justice are also very important to them. For example sure China is booming, but you need to have the right connections and bribe the right officials to be successful. It's more complicated than just who's economy is moving. Otherwise you would see mass migration to China right now, as they have had double-digit growth for at least a decade while the west moves at about 2%. But you still see most people immigrating to the west.

Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    Like Abu Mubarak said, people need to work hard to make their countries as prosperous as the US, Canada, etc. They defiantly have the natural resources to do so. If Americans can do it, so can Muslim countries. I was in Egypt, and it was sad to see how much garbage was all over the streets, children sleeping on cardboard boxes while their mothers panhandle, the Mediterranean coast littered. Where is the pride to fix up the countries? I don't understand how people can not care.

This might help you understand a bit more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Chasing the dunya.
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

the point is - we are all ( most of us) in the west now so what are we going to do?

Chillin' with my axe

The intention for many was not to settle here permanently. The idea was to make a fast buck and return... most are still chasing this dream.

the funny thing is that many of them want to go to countries that they say are out to kill muslims and at war with Islam lol. its like the jews flocking for nazi germany.

Chillin' with my axe

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    the funny thing is that many of them want to go to countries that they say are out to kill muslims and at war with Islam lol. its like the jews flocking for nazi germany.
    There are no countries that are not at war with Islam in at least one way or other. In that sense, Muslims are a people without a state.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    or like pakistan?

Ironically nazi germany helped the jews achieve something they had been trying for centuries

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    what is interesting thing about this thread is that Muslim solja did ask a good question

but not directed solely at pakistanis, but all muslims

now the immediate answer is that they come to the west to "get a better life" or "free oppression"

but is leaving a muslim land and living amongst the kuffar the solution?

muslims lack pride in themselves and their religion, and they have their sights too focused on the kuffar and the worldly accomplishments of the kuffar

if the mod who closed this thread would open it, i would like to continue this discussion

if not, its ok, i am sure the subject will come up again
    the muslims who leave the muslim countries are of two groups. the not so religious ones who make up the majority of them and the very religious few ones. the first group can include muslims who pray and follow traditional islam but not the real islam. this group i would probably say make up more than 90% of those who migrate to the west. the number one reason they would move to the west is economical reasons so they seek faster way to make money and "enjoy" life. they have very little tolerance to economic hardship and preserving their islam does not come into their thinking process at all when considering their move. now granted this group could also have some who have been politically prosecuted and are forced to leave but that is a small number within the group.
    the second group which truly consists of very pious and knowledgable muslims usually decide to leave due to prosecution and unable to speak freely about islam, so they come to the west in order to find room to express their thoughts. hardly any of them migrate for economical reasons. usually many will return as soon as there is a change in their home country.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Account Disabled

its not an easy answer, and it should open up our eyes to the depths of how much "westernization" has affected the muslim world

we are not proud of our homeland
    we are not proud of our religion
    some of us are not proud of our skin color

this is also a consequence of the western-imperialist, colonialist approach that has covered the globe over the past 500 years

interestingly enough, the countries that have the least benefit of being western are the quickest to recover from this brainwashing

as far as those muslims being born in the west, whose parents or grandparents migrated, some have also come to reclaim their name, religion and even color (even though many have fallen into this modernist, assimilation)

what has fueled the increased awareness of the children of immigrant muslims is what started it in the first place.......racism

muslims have grown up in belgium, england, france, germany, etc and the same racist attitude of their forefathers in colonial days have left these new pakistani, arab, turkish european muslims feeling left out, disenfranchised, so they have returned to their religion

Allah is Great
    Oh please,

First come out of the west and then give your opinions. At least ,then you will have some sort of credibility.

Muslims are humans and they need money to survive. But what is the point of explaining this to you since you are hell bent on criticizing muslims of other nationalities.

But the good thing is that, your or any one's opinion do not really matter to the western governments who are allowing muslims to migrate to their lands.
    Last edited by Remember12345; 23-12-12 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    The intention for many was not to settle here permanently. The idea was to make a fast buck and return... most are still chasing this dream.
    Got to Agree.
    I came to the west with the intention of making money and degree and then eventually go to the middle east.
    I got to thank Allah SWT for guiding me to the west as i learnt a lot of my deen here . The Right and Wrong ,The Deviant Issues. However in the long run the west is a hard place to live as you are sucked into a system of Interest and lies and most things that Islam prohibits.
    And over a period i developed the Intention to move away from here and do Hijra For the sake of Allah SWT.As you mentioned .Waiting for the right moment now.
    Mind you nowadays it is not easy to walk into a place like in the Khilafah period.
    Visa issues is one to consider.

Odan

i wonder if the muslims who contributed to the degradation of the khilafa thought that their shenanigans would lead to the fitna that muslims today are facing
    the long decadence of the last Caliphate (Ottoman) started centuries ago

many attempts at reform were made, but with little result

why ? well, there are many theories : most Muslims will say, because the Ottomans tried copying the non-Muslim "great powers"

and then, you have all the conspiracy theories...
    Last edited by monti; 23-12-12 at 10:17 AM.

Sh. Ahmad Jibril's advice on Hijrah:

http://alsiraat.co.uk/video/advice

Odan

muslims have grown up in belgium, england, france, germany, etc and the same racist attitude of their forefathers in colonial days have left these new pakistani, arab, turkish european muslims feeling left out, disenfranchised, so they have returned to their religion
    this is very superficial

while some muslims may feel like that, other are leading a satisfactory life, don't feel marginalized or disenfranchised at all, and neither do they consider themselves victim of a "racist attitude"

so, you are simply launching some generalizations which you would find very difficult to prove : concrete situations are actually very diverse, and no "one size fits all" description is possible without seriously deforming reality

Quote Originally Posted by monti View Post
    this is very superficial

while some muslims may feel like that, other are leading a satisfactory life, don't feel marginalized or disenfranchised at all, and neither do they consider themselves victim of a "racist attitude"

so, you are simply launching some generalizations which you would find very difficult to prove : concrete situations are actually very diverse, and no "one size fits all" description is possible without seriously deforming reality
    firstly, you dont know

secondly, you are correct, some muslims fit right into kufr society

they tend to be enemies of islam, of muslims and of themselves
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Odan

this is very superficial

I am sure that exceptions to the rule exist , however statistically speaking you would be incorrect

You only have to look at the research carried out over the last few years, whether it was in regards to Islamic fundamentalism or stephen lawrence or the summer riots etc t see that

parents
    Last edited by Magic.; 24-12-12 at 02:46 AM.

Pretty simple if my parents stayed chances are they'd die and I'd never be born along with my siblings. They left because they had no other choice it was either death or a safe haven.
    "The angel of death overlooked you and took the souls of your brothers
    And one day he’ll come to you and overlook others"

VISIT THIS SITE

Odan

Money.

The brain drain is really sad
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

My family only left due to civil war, at that time much of the Muslim countries you referred to were busy deporting my people back to the war zone. The reality is that the Western kufar have far better human characteristics as a whole than the Muslims you refer too, not only on a government level but also individually, its a very bitter pill to swallow. You talk off Muslims being quick to condemn their homelands as wastelands, I predominantly see this notion in the Arab or Asian communities, they have their reasons for it. As for the majority of my people, to rebuild and restructure requires some semblance of peace, once that's been achieved, just like 2006 many will go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitive10 View Post
    My family only left due to civil war, at that time much of the Muslim countries you referred to were busy deporting my people back to the war zone. The reality is that the Western kufar have far better human characteristics as a whole than the Muslims you refer too, not only on a government level but also individually, its a very bitter pill to swallow. You talk off Muslims being quick to condemn their homelands as wastelands, I predominantly see this notion in the Arab or Asian communities, they have their reasons for it. As for the majority of my people, to rebuild and restructure requires some semblance of peace, once that's been achieved, just like 2006 many will go back.

I ask you, and everyone on this forum who has any respect for my opinion to watch this video and think hard on what this man says, I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NMBR0D8Ymq8
    Last edited by Mohamad; 24-12-12 at 05:13 AM.

To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Its the usual thing you always hear. First you have the whole issue of Darul Kufar/Harb/Islam debate for which he takes the more extreme of opinions that many don't agree, even if you agree with him you have the whole issue of residency/visa/ and the rest to contest with. Much of his tirade seems to be against those running to the West by their own volition for nothing more than a better life, as I indicated in my post above, that's not the case. This whole not taking them as allies doesn't even apply in this context, I don't take any but my nearest of kin as allies/friends anyway. Its Just typical mindless ramblings you read on forums daily. The whole world other than my lawless country is Darul Kufr to me.

is there anyone here who can clarify on the hadith the man quotes of the prophet being free of those whom live among the kufar? Surely it cannot refer to nation states since within much of Arabia itself you had Kufar's in near proximity to Muslims even in Medina itself with the Jews for some time. How dominant have the Muslim be in ratio to the Kufar for the area/city/county to be classes as not living among the Kufar ? is their geographical size limit?

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    statistically speaking you would be incorrect

You only have to look at the research carried out over the last few years,
    OK

which statistics ? which research ?

Odan

firstly, you dont know

secondly, you are correct, some muslims fit right into kufr society

they tend to be enemies of islam, of muslims and of themselves
    enemies of "AbuMubarak's Islam", which you are assuming to be "Islam"
    Last edited by monti; 24-12-12 at 09:12 AM.

enemies of "AbuMubarak's Islam", which you are assuming to be "Islam"
    one thing gets a kafir banned around here is trying to interpret islam

you are not even muslim, hence, you have no say about what is and what is not islam

please make note
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Heres a thought maybe it's been ordained for them to go to the west? If no muslims came to the west how would dawah be spread? How would ppl like me ever of heard about islam in the first place? And after we reverted how on earth would we be able to fit into a muslim society if there were none? Also have you never thought that the whole world belongs to Allah swt and thus one has right to go any land they please? Lastly was adam not made out of different coloured clay thus muslims should be from all races and countries? Lastly have you not noticed how SubHanAllah that islam is spreading among the so called kaffir lands rapidly and perhaps this is Allah swt's great plan?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetstar View Post
    Heres a thought maybe it's been ordained for them to go to the west? If no muslims came to the west how would dawah be spread? How would ppl like me ever of heard about islam in the first place? And after we reverted how on earth would we be able to fit into a muslim society if there were none? Also have you never thought that the whole world belongs to Allah swt and thus one has right to go any land they please? Lastly was adam not made out of different coloured clay thus muslims should be from all races and countries? Lastly have you not noticed how SubHanAllah that islam is spreading among the so called kaffir lands rapidly and perhaps this is Allah swt's great plan?
    i dont know about you, but i did not learn about islam from any immigrants

not one

if anything, i thought arabs loved beer and pork, thats all they sold in our neighborhoods
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak:4977181
    i dont know about you, but i did not learn about islam from any immigrants

not one

if anything, i thought arabs loved beer and pork, thats all they sold in our neighborhoods
    It's interesting that you should ask me that question as I am married to an arab who actually mirgrated here and if it wasn't for Allah swt putting us together I may have still been a kaffir. things happen for a reason akhi. Thats why I said what I said maybe there's a reason ppl come to the west. I for one am glad they have done because how else will islam spread around the world?
    If not one single and I mean every single last muslim had not migrated than no muslims would be in the west at all. For example if nabi saw had not made hijrah than how would the message of spread in the first place?
    Recently I read an artical in the local news paper about how the christian numbers are dropping, however in my town alone the stats are now that islam is the 2nd biggest religion subhanAllah! The Quran says: ppl will come to Allah's religion in crowds. without hijrah how would it be possible? doesn't the whole world belong to Allah swt? Isn't the whole world a mosque also? If every country ultimately belongs to Allah swt then why not choose one so long as it's not affecting ones religion. Thanks to hijrah there are 3 mosques maybe more in my town, several halal food stores and takeaways and places to but jilbab etc. I can walk five mins into town and be greeted with salams by sisters I don't know.

It's interesting that you should ask me that question as I am married to an arab who actually mirgrated here and if it wasn't for Allah swt putting us together I may have still been a kaffir. things happen for a reason akhi. Thats why I said what I said maybe there's a reason ppl come to the west. I for one am glad they have done because how else will islam spread around the world?
    If not one single and I mean every single last muslim had not migrated than no muslims would be in the west at all. For example if nabi saw had not made hijrah than how would the message of spread in the first place?
    Recently I read an artical in the local news paper about how the christian numbers are dropping, however in my town alone the stats are now that islam is the 2nd biggest religion subhanAllah! The Quran says: ppl will come to Allah's religion in crowds. without hijrah how would it be possible? doesn't the whole world belong to Allah swt? Isn't the whole world a mosque also? If every country ultimately belongs to Allah swt then why not choose one so long as it's not affecting ones religion. Thanks to hijrah there are 3 mosques maybe more in my town, several halal food stores and takeaways and places to but jilbab etc. I can walk five mins into town and be greeted with salams by sisters I don't know.
    sister, i dont know how you met your husband

i am talking how the vast majority of indigenous muslims that i have come across over the past 30 years came into islam

not one learned islam from an immigrant

i am not saying it doesnt happen, but if it does, it happened IN SPITE of the immigration, not because of it
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Account Disabled

we're not supposed to be proud of homeland or skin colour.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/150839
    http://islamqa.info/en/ref/97732

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak:4977270
    sister, i dont know how you met your husband

i am talking how the vast majority of indigenous muslims that i have come across over the past 30 years came into islam

not one learned islam from an immigrant

i am not saying it doesnt happen, but if it does, it happened IN SPITE of the immigration, not because of it
    And what would of happened if no muslims ever came to the west? Absolutely none at all. Would there be any in the west at all. I meet my husband by chance and if Allah swt had not put us together id still be a kaffir. Simples
    Last edited by sweetstar; 24-12-12 at 03:07 PM.

Time Waits For No Man

And what would of happened if no muslims ever came to the west? Absolutely none at all. Would there be any in the west at. I meet my husband by chance and if Allah swt had not put us together id still be a kaffir. Simples
    Your husband may be the means but guidance cannot be attributed to him or your meeting him.

And what would of happened if no muslims ever came to the west? Absolutely none at all. Would there be any in the west at. I meet my husband by chance and if Allah swt had not put us together id still be a kaffir. Simples
    people come to Islam having never spoken to any Muslim about Islam. Allah ta ala guides whom He wills, how He wills.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Quote Originally Posted by مسلمة:4977281
    Your husband may be the means but guidance cannot be attributed to him or your meeting him.
    I never said it was

Account Disabled

immigrants never spread Islam in the West.Just look to the USA how the immigrants who came opened liquor shops and sold pork.

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya*:4977283
    people come to Islam having never spoken to any Muslim about Islam. Allah ta ala guides whom He wills, how He wills.
    Most reverts don't just come to islam like that thou I certainly did not.