Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Odan

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Salaam. Have any of you read his autobiography ? I am considering getting it but not 100 % sure. Let me know. Thanks.

wal 'aqibatulil muttaqeen Uthman Ibn Afan's Avatar

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Walaykum Salaam

Get something else instead.
    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
    HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

lol wut

the first one, education of a bodybuilder is a good read. he details his childhood and early training years and it shows his determination to make it big in whatever he choose to do. it also has sometraining routines and diets in the back that, even though theyre donkeys years old still work to this day.

the newer on that was wrote by someone else i havent read. but ive heard it was a bit of a hatchet job.

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

Wasalam

Get the biography of the Sahaba instead.

The people whom Allah swt has praised in this world itself and declared them to have achieved ultimate and ever lasting success
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

i am sure you have read the biography of all of the Prophets and the companions of the Messenger of Allah

sure, go ahead and read about that lying, fornicating, adulterer, it may bring you peace and wholesomeness
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Account Disabled

If you want to just learn about general knowledge then just get it but don't make it a high priority.

want to read about how he cheated on his wife?

sounds boring.

Odan

don't waste ur time on him.
    Go to an Islamic book store and pick up a book on the Prophet or any of the sahaba.

Odan

My sister has a book called Don't Be Sad. It is an islamic book. I could read that instead.

wait till he makes an audio version of it, I guess some would just buy it for the accent.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Odan

His bodybuilding book is an excellent reference book (encyclopedia of modern body building, I think) but I wouldn't waste my time on his autobiography.

There are loads of good autobiographies of our Prophet and his companions, much better for reading.

The Sealed Nectar

I have that, First and last bit is good
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Account Disabled

'Education of a Bodybuilder' is a solid account of Arnold's rise to fame in the bodybuilding world; for an inspirational story on sheer determination it's spot-on. On the other hand, as others have noted, it doesn't pull any punches regarding his shadier activities on the way up the food chain, so just be aware that sort of thing is part and parcel of the subject matter.

If you're looking for a more modern account of the sport, 'Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder' by Sam Fussell is hard to beat. He recounts his transformation from the stereotypical 98-pound weakling to competition-grade bodybuilder in a matter of a few short years... but it also recounts in detail the effects and pitfalls of overzealous steroid use, which nearly killed him and was a factor in his withdrawing from competition.

When I want to get psyched up for the gym, Arnold's book is the way to go. When I start having delusions of weightlifting grandeur, Fussell's book always sets me straight.

(As for actual workout routines and such, I don't use Arnold's books- I go with an earlier icon of CLEANER weightlifting, Bill Pearl)
    Last edited by John Muhammad; 10-11-12 at 12:33 AM. Reason: change 'clean' to 'cleaner'

Quote Originally Posted by John Muhammad View Post
    'Education of a Bodybuilder' is a solid account of Arnold's rise to fame in the bodybuilding world; for an inspirational story on sheer determination it's spot-on. On the other hand, as others have noted, it doesn't pull any punches regarding his shadier activities on the way up the food chain, so just be aware that sort of thing is part and parcel of the subject matter.

If you're looking for a more modern account of the sport, 'Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder' by Sam Fussell is hard to beat. He recounts his transformation from the stereotypical 98-pound weakling to competition-grade bodybuilder in a matter of a few short years... but it also recounts in detail the effects and pitfalls of overzealous steroid use, which nearly killed him and was a factor in his withdrawing from competition.

When I want to get psyched up for the gym, Arnold's book is the way to go. When I start having delusions of weightlifting grandeur, Fussell's book always sets me straight.

(As for actual workout routines and such, I don't use Arnold's books- I go with an earlier icon of CLEAN weightlifting, Bill Pearl)
    bill pearl took steroids.

*****KAFFIR

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    wait till he makes an audio version of it, I guess some would just buy it for the accent.
    Your avatar is freaking me out right now
    [CENTER]Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes!
    [URL="http://salafimediauk.com"]http://salafimediauk.com[/URL][/CENTER]

lool. why do you have to ask advice to read a book? just do it, or don't.
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
    Lol seriously? I love her avatar haha.

Anyways, I was just wondering, I've been advised not to read too much materials written by non-Muslims, since we have the Qur'an and ahadeeth to refer to, plenty of great books written by amazing sheikhs and scholars as well. But surely it's not wrong though, especially if they are beneficial and don't contradicts Islam?
    Last edited by geeksupremo; 10-11-12 at 12:26 AM.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    bill pearl took steroids.
    My mistype- I should have said 'cleaner' weightlifting! although by comparison, wjhat they were doing in the 50's and 60's was like aspirin compared to the amount and strength of the garbage they're putting in their bodies now- I'm surprised they don't die on the spot from heart failure or liver failure when they eat/drink/inject the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by John Muhammad View Post
    My mistype- I should have said 'cleaner' weightlifting! although by comparison, wjhat they were doing in the 50's and 60's was like aspirin compared to the amount and strength of the garbage they're putting in their bodies now- I'm surprised they don't die on the spot from heart failure or liver failure when they eat/drink/inject the stuff
    yeah theyve gone over board now with the stuff. allthough not so much steroids but HGH.

*****KAFFIR

you must be too young otherwise you and Helga would have got on ...
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Helga was awesome
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    you must be too young otherwise you and Helga would have got on ...
    Ohh really?
    [CENTER]Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes!
    [URL="http://salafimediauk.com"]http://salafimediauk.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Ohh really?
    Yea, shes amazeballs amazing
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

1.68%er's

Quote Originally Posted by geeksupremo View Post
    Lol seriously? I love her avatar haha.

Anyways, I was just wondering, I've been advised not to read too much materials written by non-Muslims, since we have the Qur'an and ahadeeth to refer to, plenty of great books written by amazing sheikhs and scholars as well. But surely it's not wrong though, especially if they are beneficial and don't contradicts Islam?
    It's not wrong, it's just odd.

It's like some Muslims, they hardly understand the Qur'an read it cover to cover once and that was sufficient apparently so they go onto reading the bible.

You see how weird that is? Not so much wrong, but doesn't make sense lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
    Salaam. Have any of you read his autobiography ? I am considering getting it but not 100 % sure. Let me know. Thanks.
    Read it free here....http://i.qkme.me/35623p.jpg

Oh sorry wrong link, click here instead.... http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivat...1284049056.jpg
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

I read Arnold's Education of a bodybuilder long time ago(infact I have the pdf somewhere in my library). He writes in it himself 'We were having sex like animals' in Germany while they used to take weights and women into the woods. They used to train with weights and then have sex with the women while drinking a lot of beer.

The book gives you an insight into how he won all the titles, how he trained, the mistakes he made while training and also includes the basic bodybuilding exercises. The book was written long ago, so it has all the old school stuff. Never read his other books.

He may have managed to win the best bodybuilding contests several times. That does not mean he is the greatest man and most certainly should not be looked at as a role model. He is a adulterer who has had sex even while married and has even had an illegitimate son with his maid which he later found out and which later lead to his divorce. He looks like a fat blob and people hate him now.

All that fame went down the drain. That is what happens when you live a certain kind of lifestyle neglecting everything else. I personally think some religious knowledge would have been beneficial to him and would have protected him reaching the lowest point in life he is at now.

Sometimes the higher you rise, the harder you fall. We have plenty of examples in the world from dictators to actors to so many other people. Arnold is also a member of that club.
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Odan

All these celebs are fornicators and adulterers who've engaged in seedy immoral behavior..and yet people want to immitate them and in the case of sports stars, wheir their jersey's with the name on the back......