Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how to put on weight

how do you go about putting on weight on your arms and legs, but not your tummy?

Re: how to put on weight

I can eat anything n everything but I'm still underweight for my height. I'm happy with my weight people think I do exercises to keep myself fit, and ask me for tips lol. I've never exercised with the intention of staying fit. But I'm super active in my daily life.

I heard dates n milk make you gain weight. My mom is always making me eat dates with milk. Give that a try, and let me know how it goes.

Odan

Nuts are supposed to make you gain weight but they don't really work for me
    (maybe you should have some every day though and I don't)
    dried fruit
    avocado did work for me so try that
    and try drinking more fruit juice but not the kind with added sugar

dates didn't work for me at all!!! but it's sunnah and beneficial
    keep a food journal and weigh yourself every week

Odan

I haven't read any of the post in this thread but simply put, If your calorie intake is greater than the amount you burn, you will gain weight and vice-versa.
    [COLOR="#000000"][CENTER]Sisters, please do not PM or rep me :jkk:[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that - then those are the defiantly disobedient. [24:55]

Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth. [14:27]

"Seek help through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah . He causes to inherit it whom He wills of His servants. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous." [7:128]

(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs. [22:41]
    [/CENTER][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR="#000000"]Narrated Ibn Umar (RA) that the Prophet :saw: said, "My livelihood is under the shade of my spear, and he who disobeys my orders will be humiliated."[Sahih Bukhari][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by *Aisha View Post
    are you calling me fat? dem deres fightin words

in nutrition science, endomorph = people who has a slow metabolism, i.e. their body's nutrient absorption efficiency is really really good. So every single food being consumed is absorped efficiently. that's why endomorph people easily gain weight even if they eat so little.

back in high school I had many endomorph girl friends, but they're not fat. Just curvy, and they're the body type what the guys considered as "desirable".

I wish I'm an endomorph like you. I'm very lazy to eat....If just staring at food makes me gain weight, that would make me happy for not having to eat so much
    My Spirituality Blog ~~ http://DecodingEden.com

"Those who are dying ask for more time, while those who have time make excuses and procrastination" (Ali ibn Abi Thalib )

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Slave4akhirah View Post

how do you go about putting on weight on your arms and legs, but not your tummy?
    If you ever figure that out, you'll be a millionaire, so I encourage you to try!! millions of people around the world will thank you.

YDoUwant2KnoIfImHappy/Not GuCcI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo. View Post
    I haven't read any of the post in this thread but simply put, If your calorie intake is greater than the amount you burn, you will gain weight and vice-versa.
    That's sooooo hard!!!

I have this app that keeps track of my calorie intake and how much I burn based on physical activity and every single day I keep going over my allowable intake. I get hungry a lot
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by GuCcI View Post
    That's sooooo hard!!!

I have this app that keeps track of my calorie intake and how much I burn based on physical activity and every single day I keep going over my allowable intake. I get hungry a lot
    Workout then. At rest, your muscles will burn more calories than fat.

If you don't wanna workout, you can do interval Cardio training. Its easy. That will burn fat long after you have worked out and it will also increase your metabolism so you can eat more.

http://www.builtlean.com/2010/06/04/...o-to-burn-fat/

[CENTER]Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that - then those are the defiantly disobedient. [24:55]

Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth. [14:27]

"Seek help through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah . He causes to inherit it whom He wills of His servants. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous." [7:128]

(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs. [22:41]
    [/CENTER][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR="#000000"]Narrated Ibn Umar (RA) that the Prophet :saw: said, "My livelihood is under the shade of my spear, and he who disobeys my orders will be humiliated."[Sahih Bukhari][/COLOR][/CENTER]

That's sooooo hard!!!

so of them apps mind might not be reliable to work out exactly howe many calories your taking in and expending.

if its out by a bit you might just be taking in enough to maintain your weight but not enough to actually put any on.

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

so is there no way of gaining healthy weight/fat? you gotta just eat all the mithai (sweets) in life and bobs ur uncle?
    halwa puri

im like a stick insect lol , i been trying to gain weight for ages, but nothing

might try the milk and dates thing ....

edit:exercise worries me as i dont need to be losing no weight....wont exercise make me lose weight??
    Same here. Apparantely it's harder to put on weight than to lose it

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    halwa puri
    What's puri?

Quote Originally Posted by Strive View Post
    What's puri?
    dont ask , dont tell.

What's puri?
    is this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puri_%28food%29

halwa puri
    so how many did you eat of those in your 3 days?

Odan

i guess do more weights there but it sounds weird
    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

thanks

Same here. Apparantely it's harder to put on weight than to lose it
    im gonna try and see how it goes over a month inshallah with increasing my calories!!
    some fat would come in use in the winter loooool always freezing

im gonna try and see how it goes over a month inshallah with increasing my calories!!
    loool

i wish it helped to keep you warm
    Uqbah ibn Amr (r.a) reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what action will save us?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Control your tongue, let your house be sufficient for you, and weep for your sins.”

words to live by^

i wish it helped to keep you warm

i thought insulation would help ....this is not true?!

i thought insulation would help ....this is not true?!
    nope not by a long shot,,thats what blankets are for
    Uqbah ibn Amr (r.a) reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what action will save us?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Control your tongue, let your house be sufficient for you, and weep for your sins.”

words to live by^

nope not by a long shot,,thats what blankets are for
    awww man i always look at people who seem more insulated than me in the winter and feel slightly jealous cos i would think they would be warmer than me loooooool

awww man i always look at people who seem more insulated than me in the winter and feel slightly jealous cos i would think they would be warmer than me loooooool
    loooool nope we fattys are just as cold

words to live by^

loooool nope we fattys are just as cold
    and my mum right, she is a lil on the chubby cute side, and she always shoutin at me to turn the heatin off and im always tellin her but im cold and she says to me put on some weight like me and you will be feeling hot too

and my mum right, she is a lil on the chubby cute side, and she always shoutin at me to turn the heatin off and im always tellin her but im cold and she says to me put on some weight like me and you will be feeling hot too
    people are different some can take cold more than others has nothing to do with fat or no fat. now me i cant im freezing all the time espeshely my feet,, they get like ice cubes wallah,,i have to rub my feet against someone and steal their warmth so i can stay nice and toasty

words to live by^

people are different some can take cold more than others has nothing to do with fat or no fat. now me i cant im freezing all the time espeshely my feet,, they get like ice cubes wallah,,i have to rub my feet against someone and steal their warmth so i can stay nice and toasty
    ''someone'' ahahahahhaha poor them

so how many did you eat of those in your 3 days?
    i jz ate 5 of them in 1 day , with 3 plates of halwa .....

i've never felt so broken

Ok, I've had this problem too all my life.
    After years of trial and error I realised I could only do it by counting calories. It's very annoying at the beginning but soon you start kind of memorising how many calories are in x, y, z. Example: I know that a glass of whole milk has aprox 150 calories, a banana aprox 100, etc.

You need to eat a lot. And then some more. 6 times a day is ideal. 3 main meals, 3 snacks. It's hard but not impossible.

For me, having a LOT of dairy helped majorly. Cheese, milk, yogurt, milkshakes, ice cream.

I've had two successful attempts at gaining weight this way. First time I gained 5 lbs I think, then lost it cos of a busy schedule. 2nd time I gained something like 12lbs, kept it on for a good 5 or so months then unfortunately dropped down again . I will get back to it soon.

Anyway these are just a few pointers. I have loads more to say if you want to know, lots of links I could pm you (you're a sister, right?).
    Let me know.

why is it that skinny people cant gain weight

and fat people cant loose weight

^ A lot of people just don't know how to go about it, where to start etc.

i jz ate 5 of them in 1 day , with 3 plates of halwa .....

i've never felt so broken
    woooow am jealous you can eat so much mashaAllah

i dont get teh sad face though? is it cos you ate too much or it wasnt enough

woooow am jealous you can eat so much mashaAllah

i dont get teh sad face though? is it cos you ate too much or it wasnt enough
    its cause i gained 5 kilos in like 2 weeks

If you don't wanna workout, you can do interval Cardio training. Its easy. That will burn fat long after you have worked out and it will also increase your metabolism so you can eat more.
    Hmmm thanks
    The issue with me is finding time to do it. The bit of free time that I do get just wanna relax

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES
    if its out by a bit you might just be taking in enough to maintain your weight but not enough to actually put any on.
    Yeah just eating throughout the day and not necessarily unhealthy either except for the occasional Cinnabon that alone is more than half my daily allowable calorie intake!
    Last edited by GuCcI; 10-11-12 at 12:08 PM.

its cause i gained 5 kilos in like 2 weeks
    dont u wanna gain weight? if you dont, why you eatin like this??

Yeah just eating throughout the day and not necessarily unhealthy either except for the occasional Cinnabon that alone is more than half my daily allowable calorie intake!
    how is a cinnabon more than half your daily intake?! dont you eat??

Odan

Hmmm thanks
    Alright, suite yourself. But you could be eating two Cinnabons a day without having to worry about calories if you trained, just imagine

[/CENTER][/COLOR]

how is a cinnabon more than half your daily intake?! dont you eat??
    Of course I eat! I said its more than half of my ALLOWABLE daily intake

Alright, suite yourself. But you could be eating two Cinnabons a day without having to worry about calories if you trained, just imagine
    Lol one in a month is good enough for me. Don't need two in a day!

Of course I eat! I said its more than half of my ALLOWABLE daily intake

loool sis what i was meaning was if that is more than half, then you dont have much left by way of calories to intake, hence me saying dont you eat

out of curiousity, how many calories do you function on?

edit: just relised im presuming you have a cinnabon daily loooooooooool

A Cinnabon is over 800 calories eh.

I'm allowed around 1200-1300 calories in a day. If I skip dinner I stay under. Skipping lunch is impossible for me. I get hungry a lot considering I don't do physical activity.

Nope. 1 Cinnabon once a month. A treat to myself to make myself feel better

Odan

A Cinnabon is over 800 calories eh.

I'm allowed around 1200-1300 calories in a day. If I skip dinner I stay under. Skipping lunch is impossible for me. I get hungry a lot considering I don't do physical activity.

Nope. 1 Cinnabon once a month. A treat to myself to make myself feel better
    1200? That is just about 2/3 of the recommended intake for an adult. You need to eat dinner, not skip it! No wonder you are drained by like 7 pm.

[/CENTER][/COLOR]