Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Account Disabled

60 Ways To Keep Your Husbandís Love

1. Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a femaleĖa man doesnít want a man for his wife!

2. Dress pleasantly/attractively. If you are a home-maker, donít stay in your sleeping suit all day.

3. Smell good!

4. Donít lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.

5. Donít keep asking him, ďwhat are you thinking?Ē

6. Stop nagging non-stop before Allah taíala gives you something really to complain about.

7. Absolutely no talking about your spousal problems to anyone you meet, not even under the pretense of seeking help! If you think you want to solve legitimate marital issues, then go seek counseling with the right person who can give advice in either:
    1. Mediate any injustice done so any wrong can be corrected and the couple can reunite in harmony, or
    2. Amicable divorce

8. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother.

9. Learn all the rights and obligations of each other in Islam. Focus on fulfilling your obligations, not demanding your rights

10. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile and hug him.

11. Keep your house clean, at least to the level that he wants it.

12. Compliment him on the things you know heís not so confident about (looks, intelligence, etc.) This will build his self-esteem.

13. Tell him heís the best husband ever.

14. Call his family often.

15. Give him a simple task to do at home and then thank him when he does it. This will encourage him to do more.

16. When heís talking about something boring, listen and nod your head. Even ask questions to make it seem like youíre interested.

17. Encourage him to do good deeds.

18. If heís in a bad mood, give him some space. Heíll get over it, inshaAllah.

19. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. Itís a big deal.

20. If heís angry with you and starts yelling, let him yell it out while youíre quiet. You will see your fight will end a lot faster. Then when heís calm, you can tell him your side of the story and how you want him to change something.

21. When youíre mad at him, donít say ďYOU make me furiousĒ, rather, ďThis action makes me upsetĒ. Direct your anger to the action and circumstance rather than at him.

22. Remember that your husband has feelings, so take them into consideration.

23. Let him chill with his friends without guilt, especially if theyíre good guys. Encourage him to go out, so he doesnít feel ďcooped upĒ at home.

24. If your husband is annoyed over a little thing you do (and you can control it), then stop doing it. Really.

25. Learn how to tell him what you expect without him having to guess all the time. Learn to communicate your feelings.

26. Donít get mad over small things. Itís not worth it.

27. Make jokes. If youíre not naturally funny, go on the internet and read some jokes, and then tell them to him.

28. Tell him youíre the best wife ever and compliment yourself on certain things you know youíre good at.

29. Learn to make his favorite dish.

30. Donít ever, EVER talk bad about him with friends or family unnecessarily. If they end up agreeing with you, you will see that it hits you back in the face because you get more depressed that you have a bad husbandĖand other people also think you have a bad husband.

31. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If youíre a home-maker, take online classes and get active in your community. This will make you happy and a secondary bonus is that it impresses your husband.

32. Do all of the above fee sabeelillah and you will see Allah put barakah in everything you do.

33. Husband and wife should discuss and communicate with wisdom with each other to convey what they like and dislike of each other to do or not to do. Do NOT give commands or instructions like heís your servant. ďThey are garment to each otherĒ [Surah Baqarah, 2:187]

34. Tell your husband you love him, many, many times. Aisha (رضالله عنها) narrated that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) used to ask her how strong her love for him, she said like ďa knot.Ē And the next time he would ask her, ďHow is that knot?Ē He also used to reply to her saying, ďJazzakillah, O Aishah, wallahi, you have not rejoiced in me as I have rejoiced in you.Ē

35. Have a race with your husband and let him win, even if you are much fitter and stronger than him.

36. Keep fit and take care of your health so you will remain a strong mother, wife, cook and housekeeper, inshaAllah you will not get FAT and frumpy.

37. Refine and cultivate good mannerisms i.e do not whine, donít laugh or talk too loud or walk like an elephant.

38. Do not leave the house without his permission and certainly not without his knowledge.

39. Make sure all his clothes are clean and pressed so he is always looking fresh and crisp.

40. Donít discuss important/controversial matters with him when he is tired or sleepy. Find right time for right discussion.

41. The way to a manís heart is through his stomach.

42. Always let him know that you appreciate him working and bringing home the ďdoughĒ. It makes it easier for him to go to work.

43. Make sure you ALWAYS have something for dinner.

44. Brush your hair, everyday.

45. Donít forget to do laundry.

46. Surprise him with gifts. Even necessities, such as new shoes, can be gifts.

47. Listen to him. (Even when he talks about extremely boring things like basketball or computers.)

48. Try (hard as it might be) to take interest in his hobbies.

49. Try not to go shopping too much Ö and spend all his money.

50. Look attractive and be seductive towards him. Flirt with him.

51. Learn tricks and ďtechniquesĒ to please your husband in intimacy. (Of course goes both ways.)

52. Prepare for special evenings with him with special dinner and exclusive time (no children permitted).

53. Take care of your skin, especially your face. The face is center of attraction.

54. If you not satisfied intimately, talk to him and tell him. Help him or provide resources, donít wait until matters become worse.

55. Ask Allah to strengthen and preserve the bonds of compassion and love between the two of you, every day, every prayer. Ask him to protect that bond from Shaytaan. When a lesser devil destroys the love between spouses, he is the most beloved of Shaytaan. Nothing works like duíah, and love only exists between spouses where Allah instills it.

56. Donít EVER compare your husbands to other husbands! For example donít say, ďwell her husband doesnít do that, why do you ÖĒ (thats a killer!)

57. Be happy with what you have because no one is perfect. If you want perfection, wait until you enter Jannah together inshaAllahĖand of course, vice versa!

58. Strive for Allahís love first and foremost! if all wives try to seek Allahís love and pleasure, surely, they can keep their husbands love too. And rememberĖif Allah loves you, the angels will love you, and the entire creation will love you.

59. If you pack a lunch for your husband to take to work, from time to time sneak in a little love note or sweet poem. If he doesnít take a lunch, leave the note somewhere else for him to find, like in his briefcase, or wallet or on the car steering-wheel

60. Wake him up for Qiyam ul-Layl (in the last third of the night) and ask him to pray with you.

May Allah preserve all of our marriages and help us understand and implement them in and with the best of manners, ameen! InshaAllah if you know more ways, post them in the comments and share the benefit.

http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...2%80%99s-love/

Re: 60 Ways To Keep Your Husbandís Love

Though I don't really get number 28

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by geeksupremo View Post

Though I don't really get number 28
    28. Tell him you’re the best wife ever and compliment yourself on certain things you know you’re good at.
    yeah i think that shud b:

28. Tell him he is the best husband ever and compliment him on certain things you know he's good at.

i'll feel myself in heaven if i could get a wife with only 10 of all the above mentioned 60 qualities. Do such wives exist in this world ?

34 is nice.

I think 28 is trying to be sarcastic/funny.

For example, she cooks delicious Biryani and you compliment her by saying, "You're cooking is amazing!" And, she's like, "I know, I'm the best! "

You scrolled up to read #34. I know.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Think you just described me
    Apart from 35. I am very competitive and think I'd have to win, with, tripping him up on the way

Seriously though.... Isn't every wife like this
    Well, they should be. It's very easily done If she is physically able in shaa Allaah.
    There's even more that could be added to that list.
    I am raising funds to go towards my brothers charity 'James Journey' for alternative crucial treatments at his Rehab Centre to aid his recovery after suffering severe brain damage after a road traffic accident. http://gogetfunding.com/project/james-journey via @GoGetFunding to donate. Jazak Allaah Khairun

:

Regarding Step 44, brushing the hair.
    The Prophet SAW forbade the combing of the hair, only after every 2nd day.
    But I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Khan View Post
    :

Really??

Good list. I don't disagree with any of it.

:

Really wow!
    Can you post the evidence for this brother?

What if a married couple had intimacy every day, then she has wash hair every day, which would mean brushing it -_-
    Hmm interesting
    I am raising funds to go towards my brothers charity 'James Journey' for alternative crucial treatments at his Rehab Centre to aid his recovery after suffering severe brain damage after a road traffic accident. http://gogetfunding.com/project/james-journey via @GoGetFunding to donate. Jazak Allaah Khairun

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by shahpesh View Post
    i'll feel myself in heaven if i could get a wife with only 10 of all the above mentioned 60 qualities. Do such wives exist in this world ?
    lol, akhi its best not t read this thread, as the more u read here the less ur gonna love ur wife, but if u go into marrige not knowing any of these above 60 points then no matter what she does it'll be pleasing....

i've posted '60 ways to please your darling wifey' read that instead, lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheAuthenticBase View Post
    lol, akhi its best not t read this thread, as the more u read here the less ur gonna love ur wife, but if u go into marrige not knowing any of these above 60 points then no matter what she does it'll be pleasing....

i've posted '60 ways to please your darling wifey' read that instead, lol
    Bro , Did you make these points all by yourself ? Married life experience ? Tell me honestly , is your wife happy with you ? You can pm me if you don't want to tell here. Some of you guys are really amazing , i am actually learning a lot from here. One of you guys wrote a very good post about how a husband should treat wife while replying to someone else , i wanted to bookmark that post but unfortunately i lost that thread. Your points are like halaal K.S. for me , just don't ask what it is but definately i will keep them with me.

JazakAllah

:

Huh wha?

Proof?
    FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
    OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
    Donate to syria.
    *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

I'm trying to imagine saying to my hubs "your action really upset me" as opposed to "you make me so mad"
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

starwalker + ancient soul Ariadne's Avatar

I've been learning men's psychology myself, practicing them in my pretty longtime relationship (gonna marry ASAP insha Allah ) and in sum here are some facts you ladies should know about men :

1. NEVER, ever be a feminist at home.

2. NEVER belittle your man. Man's ego is huge, that's just his nature. Even if you want to criticize, point his actions not the person, and do it in a loving way...

3. ADMIRE him, admire him, admire him.

4. Understand him. Support him. Be a good listener and don't judge.
    Do you know the reason most men cheat are because of the other woman understand him better than his wife?

5. COOKIE
    Since I'm not married yet I can't tell much . But seriously, sex are how you two bonds. And men are visual creature, so maintain a good appearance for his eye candy.

Really?! So now a man cheats on his wife because she doesn't "understand " him? He cheats on her cos he's a lowlife who has no fear of Allah, fullstop.
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

I'm with Londongal I don't rli like the list.
    It makes me panic that i wont remember to get all of those things right.

I think when I get married I will just be myself and relax. I will trust him to tell me straight if anything needs changing. I think the most thing someone wants is for things to be natural and peacefull and somewhere you can be yourself at home. Because if I am happy being myself then he will be happy too I think. And I will also be happy if he can relax and be himself.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    I'm with Londongal I don't rli like the list.
    It makes me panic that i wont remember to get all of those things right.

I think when I get married I will just be myself and relax. I will trust him to tell me straight if anything needs changing. I think the most thing someone wants is for things to be natural and peacefull and somewhere you can be yourself at home. Because if I am happy being myself then he will be happy too I think. And I will also be happy if he can relax and be himself.
    Lol. I said I liked the list.

And regarding remembering the things on the list - its not about that. I didnt read any list before I got married, however I think I do about 90% of the list automatically anyway (incl the sad one about racing to the door when he comes home).

I do agree with you though - be yourself, do what feels natural and don't base your marriage on any list. You may marry a man who doesnt like you to do most of the above.

♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arachnide View Post
    I've been learning men's psychology myself, practicing them in my pretty longtime relationship (gonna marry ASAP insha Allah ) and in sum here are some facts you ladies should know about men
    Sister, in Islam , you're either married or you're not. There's nothing in between. So, even if you're getting married the next day, you're still required to observe the same rules of hijab in front of your husband to-be as you normally do in front of any other non-mehram.

No matter how many hours you spend practising your psychology and getting to "know" your fiance before marriage, his true personality will only be revealed to you after you get married and begin living with him .

When an unrelated man & woman communicate in private, the third person is Shaitaan.

Besides, such acts incur Allah's wrath and when Allah is displeased with anyone, they can only expect difficulty and hardship.

Before marriage, Shaitan will make everything about your partner appear attractive & encourage you to communicate freely because he wants you to do haraam but after marriage, Shaitan will try his best to pull you both apart...because he does not want you to enjoy what's halaal.

Whoever indulges in haraam, will not enjoy it when it is halaal.

Be careful of falling into the trap of your open enemy. Also bear in mind that a perfect lifestyle is ruined when Allah is displeased with one just as a ruined lifestyle can be made perfect when Allah is pleased with one.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGal View Post

And regarding remembering the things on the list - its not about that. I didnt read any list before I got married, however I think I do about 90% of the list automatically anyway (incl the sad one about racing to the door when he comes home).

I do agree with you though - be yourself, do what feels natural and don't base your marriage on any list. You may marry a man who doesnt like you to do most of the above.
    Awww

///////////////////////// cho09082489's Avatar

Do men actually want their wife to race the door like an excitable kid and suffocate them as soon as they get in? Do you? Genuine curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by cho09082489 View Post
    Do men actually want their wife to race the door like an excitable kid and suffocate them as soon as they get in? Do you? Genuine curiosity.
    Its feels good to be missed/needed

///////////////////////// cho09082489's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cooldog View Post
    Its feels good to be missed/needed
    Yeah..from time to time. But on a daily basis surely it would be annoying. Esp if he wants to rest. Had a hard day or was troubled by something and then she gets up in his face. Maybe i just dont get it. *shrugs*

Yeah..from time to time. But on a daily basis surely it would be annoying. Esp if he wants to rest. Had a hard day or was troubled by something and then she gets up in his face. Maybe i just dont get it. *shrugs*
    A beautiful, smiling face is the best remedy to a hard days work....

I'll race to the door and do a little bit of a twirl.

Lol.

Account Disabled

spot on!!!

sister

Greet him with a cheerful face to show you are excited to see him and miss him. Help him take off and put away his shoes and jacket if you really want to be nice. Sit with him for 5-10 minutes to see if he wants your attention or to talk. Then leave him to relax and forget about his day for a while. Greeting him doesn't mean you stay in his face all night. Just let's him know you acknowledge his existence and love him. Doesn't take long for that.
    Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGal View Post

haha... yea i just read back. you really did!!!
    I totally read that wrong

I'd rather have that everyday, than having her in her PJ's laying on the couch smelling like garam masala. Sadly, this is what happens to a lot of people few months down the line...
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    I'd rather have that everyday, than having her in her PJ's laying on the couch smelling like garam masala. Sadly, this is what happens to a lot of people few months down the line...
    Err talk about yourself brederin 'outta'

On a serious note. What happens in the real world is the wife gets pregnant and has kids. Then her life and your wishes are all about how she looks after your kids. She can be the greatest wife in the world but the most important thing you gnna judge her on is how she is with your kids.
    FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
    OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
    Donate to syria.
    *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

I don't think the post meant smother him till he can't breathe
    Greet him at the door as-though you've been waiting all day to see him, then leave him to his business to relax unless he wants to be smothered that day

!!!!

I'm praying when I marry that my future hubby doesn't want asian food everyday... because that'l mean washing hair everyday..the smell of hair and clothes after frying onions is

الحمد لله‎

you don't need no list to keep your husband's love- just be feminine, use common sense and follow the teachings of course
    "We have a a history to be proud of and a future to believe in.."

That's what the media does to you, every morning, these women come on TV dressed head to toe, perfectly and you want women in your house to look like that. That's out of touch for so many people. I'm a guy and I can understand sometimes women do get lazy in their appearance, they can't be perfect at all times. :\

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by in_exile View Post
    Huh wha?

Proof?
    yh i remember reading this. If my memory serves me correctly the prophet (saw) forbade combing hair more than once in 2 days.... But for those who have a need 2 do it (those with long hair etc) the prophet (saw) allowed it..... tho i wil look into this again... Islamqa it...

Quote Originally Posted by Revert_Khadijah View Post
    I'm praying when I marry that my future hubby doesn't want asian food everyday... because that'l mean washing hair everyday..the smell of hair and clothes after frying onions is
    [/COLOR]
    Problem = Solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic. View Post
    That's what the media does to you, every morning, these women come on TV dressed head to toe, perfectly and you want women in your house to look like that. That's out of touch for so many people. I'm a guy and I can understand sometimes women do get lazy in their appearance, they can't be perfect at all times. :\
    Maybe, not all the time, but then don't be a slob all the time, either.

Problem = Solved!

Maybe, not all the time, but then don't be a slob all the time, either.
    I agree Mirror, and what I think the point the bro's here trying to make (forgive me if im wrong) that she doesn't have to dress up every day with make up and heels, when she's busy and has children sometimes there's not enough time for that..but at least not have food in her teeth and hair like a chip pan...

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Revert_Khadijah View Post
    I agree Mirror, and what I think the point the bro's here trying to make (forgive me if im wrong) that she doesn't have to dress up every day with make up and heels, when she's busy and has children sometimes there's not enough time for that..but at least not have food in her teeth and hair like a chip pan...
    lol

ذق!انّك انت العزيز الكريم Abdullah Fatih's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geeksupremo View Post
    I'll race to the door and do a little bit of a twirl.

Lol.
    rofl..
    ļē○ļ○ēSabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.ē○ļ○ēļ -Imam Junaid

I think point 28 literally means what it says. You should remind your husband of your good qualities, as men need reminders sometimes. Especially when you get wrapped up into the day to day tasks.

Yeah it can be said in a funny way too.I remind my husband of my good qualities and he agrees with me.
    Its good because shaytaan tries to make a person see negative qualities in their spouse rather than focussing on the good ones.

This is very true mashaAllah!
    Could you imagine coming home after a hard day and all your family members did was frown, nag, not ready to receive you?
    If you smile it shows your hubby that youre happy to receive him, happy hes home, and that you missed him. This would make him feel loved, cared for and supported. He'll enjoy coming home rather than staying out inshaAllah.