Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 7:30pm GMT (8:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Female Muslim police officer

Asalaamaleikum everyone,
    I'am a female and am interested in becoming a police officer for the NYPD. I wear hijab and know that the NYPD will allow me to keep my hijab on while working but I'm still confused about whether or not it would be okay for a Muslim female to become a cop. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Odan

Re: Female Muslim police officer

Quote Originally Posted by souljahseven View Post
    i wished something like this had have been written on the napkins, postcards and greetings for the london games 2012

every kaffir on this planet needs to know the views expressed on this thread

my dream would be for every kaffir to be taught these facts in kindergarten but of course house muslims will encourage the misconception that muslims can still be muslim and work in the western civilization police force
    Make your dream a reality and get out there and inform

Nein nein nein

Sd
    Last edited by Salh; 23-09-12 at 03:31 PM.

im trying! now that ive got "house muslim and field muslim" to work with its allot easier to get out there and inform

thanks for your encouragement though

truth is always the better option over lies

Odan

im trying! now that ive got "house muslim and field muslim" to work with its allot easier to get out there and inform

You sure about this?

It says in your profile you are a christian

Quote Originally Posted by Salh View Post
    You really should do it, it's in the QUran that believers should forbid evil and encourage good. Hijab is optional, it should be a higher priority to finish crime in society, plus it would do tons of good for the muslim society
    Hijab is certainly not optional for male or female...
    Yes and Allah has enforced shar'iah but are people doing that?
    There is something called al-wala wa bara insha'allah read about it.

But its not even permissible to work for the non-muslim governement,(so there isnt even a reason to get started on how she is a sister) enforcing their laws.. subhanallah dont you think thats enjoining the evil??

Account Disabled

i wished something like this had have been written on the napkins, postcards and greetings for the london games 2012

every kaffir on this planet needs to know the views expressed on this thread

my dream would be for every kaffir to be taught these facts in kindergarten but of course house muslims will encourage the misconception that muslims can still be muslim and work in the western civilization police force
    *facepalm*

what do u care? ... ur a kaffir urself.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah718 View Post
    Asalaamaleikum everyone,
    I'am a female and am interested in becoming a police officer for the NYPD. I wear hijab and know that the NYPD will allow me to keep my hijab on while working but I'm still confused about whether or not it would be okay for a Muslim female to become a cop. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    part of your job will be to manhandle men , and i dont think thats right for a muslim women

how on earth can you even wear hijab in a job like this.

Odan

No you are not allowed to be a Female police officer in the West. For one you will have to work and be in close contact with non-mahram man. Having a partner in the police car, etc. Also you will have to touch non-mahram men. If you where to only work with other female officers, and the female officers were only called in to deal with other women then that would be a whole different story but it doesn't happen that way.

Also Muslims are not allowed to work for the Kufir governments in any way shape or form.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Umm-Aaliyah View Post
    Hijab is certainly not optional for male or female...
    Yes and Allah has enforced shar'iah but are people doing that?
    There is something called al-wala wa bara insha'allah read about it.

But its not even permissible to work for the non-muslim governement,(so there isnt even a reason to get started on how she is a sister) enforcing their laws.. subhanallah dont you think thats enjoining the evil??
    So let's think of the Western world arranged to suit you:

- Muslim applicants banned from law school admissions - seeing as they'd have to enforce non-muslim government laws when they graduate??

- Absolutely no Muslims employed in public service or government agencies in any way, shape or form. Any public servants converting to Islam to be summarily dismissed. Government HR offices to screen their files closely and dismiss anyone Muslim within two weeks.

- Muslims banned from running for political office. Any elected official converting to Islam to be immediately impeached and his seat filled by a non-Muslim.

- Muslims serving as judges?? U crazy???

- Let's also ban Muslims working as journalists. Just to make sure.

Like it?

Me thinks that if even 10% of these suggestions - that directly implement what you want - would have been considered in public, you'd be the first to wail about evil West disciminating against you.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by n_n_n View Post

- Muslim applicants banned from law school admissions - seeing as they'd have to enforce non-muslim government laws when they graduate??

- Absolutely no Muslims employed in public service or government agencies in any way, shape or form. Any public servants converting to Islam to be summarily dismissed. Government HR offices to screen their files closely and dismiss anyone Muslim within two weeks.

- Muslims banned from running for political office. Any elected official converting to Islam to be immediately impeached and his seat filled by a non-Muslim.

Like it?

Me thinks that if even 10% of these suggestions - that directly implement what you want - would have been considered in public, you'd be the first to wail about evil West disciminating against you.
    Interesting proposition.

I wonder how many who advocate isolation would be OK with that!
    Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

To be honest about it.. i dont get involved with government politics and i dont like the situation i am in but wouldnt advise anyone to put them selves forth for it..
    Its haram whether you have your reasoning behind it or not..
    Its not me your arguing with but Allah and his messenger because thats what has been stated..
    I want shariah and thats it.
    Lol to be honest yeah i would like that then the muslims who would like those positions might actually come together and build an islamic state..
    Why would i wail in the west is there a difference in a judge/government worker who is muslim or not they do the same thing??

Account Disabled

Like it?

Exactly.

I love how some people have this very black and white mentality about life.

Quote Originally Posted by oz99 View Post
    Exactly.

I love how some people have this very black and white mentality about life.
    I don't think it is even about black and white mentality, it is just being coherent in what you preach. No involvement in kaffir system law, fine.

But then don't call the police when you get robbed, or assaulted. After all, won't they be using kaffir law to judge your case?
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Chillin' with my axe

Like it?

I like it.

Ban them from pubs and cinemas too.

This is one the best proposals I've read in ages. I may consider a re-think of my stance on this sham known as 'democracy' and vote for you if you run for election.

Ban mustaches too.

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    I don't think it is even about black and white mentality, it is just being coherent in what you preach. No involvement in kaffir system law, fine.

But then don't call the police when you get robbed, or assaulted. After all, won't they be using kaffir law to judge your case?
    I was thinking about this earlier. So for those who say its kufr to be a police officer ( i dont know about the rulings on this) then what happens if a muslims car is stolen , or their house is robbed, or their wife is raped, or they are arrested and charged with a crime then they dont call the police or a lawyer as that would be kufr to rule on a crime by anything other than shariah ?
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Quote Originally Posted by Salh View Post
    You really should do it, it's in the QUran that believers should forbid evil and encourage good. Hijab is optional, it should be a higher priority to finish crime in society, plus it would do tons of good for the muslim society
    Please back up your claim that the hijab is merely optional, or else retract your claim.

Account Disabled

To be honest about it.. i dont get involved with government politics and i dont like the situation i am in but wouldnt advise anyone to put them selves forth for it..
    Its haram whether you have your reasoning behind it or not..
    Its not me your arguing with but Allah and his messenger because thats what has been stated..
    I want shariah and thats it.
    Lol to be honest yeah i would like that then the muslims who would like those positions might actually come together and build an islamic state.. Why would i wail in the west is there a difference in a judge/government worker who is muslim or not they do the same thing??
    Many have tried, dear. Oddly enough, it just drives more people to London.

But it is kufr .. i am not going to change my stance because this is what islam says, its not going to change because of the predicament we are in today.
    Fear Allah. Dont you understand what your trying to say??

I dont live my life on what ifs, if it happens it happens and i will deal with it as it comes, tbh anyway i know the justice needed wont be handed out only Allah can do that.
    Maybe you should you think i have to follow the law of the land huh??
    So if im in france my niqab comes off..

Insha'allah advise for me first and foremost but remember that we are going to die very soon and our predicament in this life will be very minuscule when compared to the reality we will one day face..

So continue with your mentality of aiding the kuffar in there transgression, Maybe you should join encourage people to join the army aswell
    If thats what your promoting

Account Disabled

But it is kufr .. i am not going to change my stance because this is what islam says, its not going to change because of the predicament we are in today.
    Fear Allah. Dont you understand what your trying to say??

I dont live my life on what ifs, if it happens it happens and i will deal with it as it comes, tbh anyway i know the justice needed wont be handed out only Allah can do that.
    Maybe you should you think i have to follow the law of the land huh??
    So if im in france my niqab comes off..

Insha'allah advise for me first and foremost but remember that we are going to die very soon and our predicament in this life will be very minuscule when compared to the reality we will one day face..

So continue with your mentality of aiding the kuffar in there transgression, Maybe you should join encourage people to join the army aswell
    If thats what your promoting
    I understand what I'm trying to say, seeing as I write my posts in complete, beautifilly constructed, well-punctuated sentences.

What I think is that you should live in the land where you feel comfortable following the law. Looking at your posts, it doesn't seem to be London, where you say you live.

Okay sis.. Masha'allah may allah reward you for your
    complete, beautifilly constructed, well-punctuated sentences.
    But the post wasnt directed only at you just anyone with that mentality.
    Living in london its where I have been my whole life.. Trying to leave and insha'allah He will open a door very soon for me..
    But I follow the law of Allah azzawajal to the best of my ability, when i do something I dont think of the laws of this country at all.

Account Disabled

Okay sis.. Masha'allah may allah reward you for your
    But the post wasnt directed only at you just anyone with that mentality.
    Living in london its where I have been my whole life.. Trying to leave and insha'allah He will open a door very soon for me..
    But I follow the law of Allah azzawajal to the best of my ability, when i do something I dont think of the laws of this country at all.
    If you do something, while living in London, without thinking about the laws of "this" country, and you don't get in trouble, all that means is that the laws of "this" country are not evidently incompatible with whatever laws you use to guide your life.

salam Alaikum!!

Check this out

I say go for it, if that's what u want this men here are bias.

Id love to see more muslimah in the police force. If I have a problem Id rather chat to her than a man any day.
    Muslim women in the community need the support from fellow muslimahs!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

And this too!! If they can do it so can u!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sweetstar; 21-09-12 at 09:05 PM.

Well i live a very simple life.
    But that doesnt make the laws of this country right.

why did no one answer Asiyas question?

Also there are plenty of police offers dealing with womens issues, like police officers working in child protection, specialist sexual abuse, domestic violence etc

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Quote Originally Posted by naila-k View Post
    why did no one answer Asiyas question?

Also there are plenty of police offers dealing with womens issues, like police officers working in child protection, specialist sexual abuse, domestic violence etc
    Ive not seen the question by passed the whole treated just answered tw

To sis asiya's q.. When the time comes i think those people will deal with it how they feel they should.

But okay yeah we need this now and we need that now but on yawmul qiyaamah what will we need..
    Who's right is bigger Allah's or Ours..

Odan

I, ... of ... do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law.

This above is the oath the police have to take
    obediance to the queen and kuffar law

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    I, ... of ... do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law.

The oath, as posted here, is not an oath by Allah(swt), and is nothing more than the same kind of agreement you have with any employer- to serve the company owner (in this case the Queen) and to conduct the company's business in good faith to the best of your ability. In this case, the 'company' is the police deaprtment, and its 'business' is enforcing the laws of the land. Considering there is no alternative legal system to enforce (ie shari'a) as the law of the land, it's pretty obvious that the local laws have to be obeyed and enforced by someone, and I'd much rather have a muslim brother or sister on the force to call upon than a non-muslim who doesn't understand the particulars of the muslim community.

With the exception of the mention of the Queen, this is pretty basic and this type of oath of office wouldn't be out of place in a muslim nation, or even one under shari'a law.

As for the notion of 'not obeying kuffar law' how many here have a driver's license, or business license, or signed a lease on a house or apartment, or have a bank account, or are buying a car or motorcycle, or signed a cell phone contract, or any umber of other things that are normal in life today? You're on the computer now, and that requires a connection regulated by whose laws? Can you commit a crime and claim immunity from local laws simply because 'you don't follow them'? I think not.

As a previous poster said, it's not a black and white issue in the least, and as Islam grows and expands in western nations this will be an issue requiring much care and reflection until such time as shari'a is implemented.
    Last edited by John Muhammad; 21-09-12 at 11:18 PM.

i think the brother was clear he was referring to laws for which there is a shariah punishment attatched, sp drivers license, bank account, cell phone etc are not part of that.

You can work in the office, but i'd highly suggest not working out in the field. You would be looking for trouble if you go out in the field.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by John Muhammad View Post
    The oath, as posted here, is not an oath by Allah(swt), and is nothing more than the same kind of agreement you have with any employer- to serve the company owner (in this case the Queen) and to conduct the company's business in good faith to the best of your ability. In this case, the 'company' is the police deaprtment, and its 'business' is enforcing the laws of the land. Considering there is no alternative legal system to enforce (ie shari'a) as the law of the land, it's pretty obvious that the local laws have to be obeyed and enforced by someone, and I'd much rather have a muslim brother or sister on the force to call upon than a non-muslim who doesn't understand the particulars of the muslim community.

With the exception of the mention of the Queen, this is pretty basic and this type of oath of office wouldn't be out of place in a muslim nation, or even one under shari'a law.

As for the notion of 'not obeying kuffar law' how many here have a driver's license, or business license, or signed a lease on a house or apartment, or have a bank account, or are buying a car or motorcycle, or signed a cell phone contract, or any umber of other things that are normal in life today? You're on the computer now, and that requires a connection regulated by whose laws? Can you commit a crime and claim immunity from local laws simply because 'you don't follow them'? I think not.

As a previous poster said, it's not a black and white issue in the least, and as Islam grows and expands in western nations this will be an issue requiring much care and reflection until such time as shari'a is implemented.
    ASWRWb brother ,

The issue is actually more black and white than people think. The role of the police is quite specific and the law of the land overrules Allahs law.

You cannot apply general principles here.

The things you mention, ie phone contract etc do not involve allegiance to the monarchy or even enforcing man made law.

Sure there are some laws that are enforced upon us ie tax or even passports etc. However these are a necessity and something we dont have a choice upon. We certainly are not entrusted to enforce them upon another

I understand your point of wanting a muslim rather than a non muslim, however akhie this is not possible with certain institutions, simply as what the enforce is other than what Allah swt has revealed.

There are many other issues too, incarcerating a muslim under kufar law is haraam for a muslim, to give up a muslim is haraam according to some scholars etc (to kufaar that is) etc

and Allah knows best

Account Disabled

ASWRWb brother ,

The issue is actually more black and white than people think. The role of the police is quite specific and the law of the land overrules Allahs law.

You cannot apply general principles here.

The things you mention, ie phone contract etc do not involve allegiance to the monarchy or even enforcing man made law.

Sure there are some laws that are enforced upon us ie tax or even passports etc. However these are a necessity and something we dont have a choice upon. We certainly are not entrusted to enforce them upon another

I understand your point of wanting a muslim rather than a non muslim, however akhie this is not possible with certain institutions, simply as what the enforce is other than what Allah swt has revealed.

There are many other issues too, incarcerating a muslim under kufar law is haraam for a muslim, to give up a muslim is haraam according to some scholars etc (to kufaar that is) etc

and Allah knows best
    You do make some very good points, agreed. However, in the absence of shari'a we are obliged to obey- and sometimes enforce- the local laws. Without msulims in at least some of those law enforcement positions, though, we have no voice and no 'friends on the inside' so to speak to look after our interests. If there were a choice between shari'a and civil law, of course the choice is clear, but until shari'a increases its influence then we have to work with what we have. As I said previously there is much to consider what is and isn't appropriate for us to do and I fear it will only become even more confused as Islam spreads further into the West.

my friend got her british citizenship recently, she had to make oath to the Queen and sing God save the Queen in some ceremony.

Chillin' with my axe

Quote Originally Posted by John Muhammad View Post
    You do make some very good points, agreed. However, in the absence of shari'a we are obliged to obey- and sometimes enforce- the local laws. Without msulims in at least some of those law enforcement positions, though, we have no voice and no 'friends on the inside' so to speak to look after our interests. If there were a choice between shari'a and civil law, of course the choice is clear, but until shari'a increases its influence then we have to work with what we have. As I said previously there is much to consider what is and isn't appropriate for us to do and I fear it will only become even more confused as Islam spreads further into the West.
    ref for the bold pls

Odan

Should we also refrain from becoming citizens since that would entail taking an oath?

i think maybe u sould think about another profession.. its seems a bit dangerous..

also,, why u wana be a cop anyways

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    ref for the bold pls
    Simple common sense, no reference required.

Someone comes on your property to rob you: in the absence of shari'a are you not going to use the prevailing local law to stop him and/or punish him after the fact?

You run a store and someone steals from you: in the absence of shari'a are you not going to use the local law to have your property returned and seek punishment for the thief? Or will you summarily cut his hand off yourself in the back room and claim the local law has no jurisdiction over you?

Someone denies you a business license based on your being a Muslim: in the absence of shari'a are you not going to use the local law and hire lawyers to sue that person for discrimination and/or to compel them to give you a license?

If shari'a is not the prevailing law of the land, we have no choice BUT to use the local laws as best we can to our advantage. If we have a choice between pursuing justice under shari'a or local law, there is no debate- shari'a prevails every time.