Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Islam insulted in video games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBw6gZCiq8&feature=plcp

In the video we find qurans on the floor, the door to masjid e nabwi used as a door in a room, the door to the kabah also used as a gate in these evil games.
    The Sorrow In My Heart Will Always Remain Until
    I am Given the Glad Tidings Of Acceptance Into Paradise
    And My Book Of Deeds Are In My Right (Hand)
    And Until My Eyes Are Cooled With the Sight Of The Messenger
    (Salallahu Alayhi Wassallam)

Odan

Re: Islam insulted in video games

crazy. theres other games that are more blatant:

Some of them insult Islam badly, such as First To Fight, in which cities are cleansed of bearded men and mosques are bombed whilst the sound of the adhaan is coming form them, and shots are fired at Mus-hafs, and you cannot move on to the next level unless you cleanse the city of Muslims and their mosques!

In these scenes you will clearly see them destroying mosques and looking for those whom they call Muslim terrorists.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/97681/video%20games

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by deen1984 View Post
    crazy. theres other games that are more blatant:

Some of them insult Islam badly, such as First To Fight, in which cities are cleansed of bearded men and mosques are bombed whilst the sound of the adhaan is coming form them, and shots are fired at Mus-hafs, and you cannot move on to the next level unless you cleanse the city of Muslims and their mosques!

In these scenes you will clearly see them destroying mosques and looking for those whom they call Muslim terrorists.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/97681/video%20games
    can you go without one post without copying and pasting from other sources. i for one would love to see you formulate your own opinions.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by oz99 View Post
    can you go without one post without copying and pasting from other sources. i for one would love to see you formulate your own opinions.
    and can you stop trying to kill your brother lol. this thread reminded me of that article on islam qa, whats wrong with that.

and can you stop trying to kill your brother lol. this thread reminded me of that article on islam qa, whats wrong with that.
    Does anything NOT remind you of Islam q&a?? What would you do if that website went down for a day... probably start hyperventilating.

he likes to back up his thoughts with a scholars opinion. Whats wrong with that?
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Quote Originally Posted by samin62 View Post
    he likes to back up his thoughts with a scholars opinion. Whats wrong with that?
    apparently everything is wrong with it, according to certain opinionated people

Account Disabled

I used to play a FPS (First Person Shooter) modification of the Half-Life game; the mod was called "Insurgency" and pitted a team of players as US Marines against a team of players playing as, well, Insurgents in Iraq. Some of the battles were in cities and, predictably, we (I almost always played on the insurgent side) would start in or near a mosque- or the objective might be to clear a mosque of US forces. In those days I just viewed it as a game and attached no particular meaning to it; the buildings and objects were just part of the urban battlefield. The game was complete with Arabic-accented voices for the radio calls and actions "reloading!" down to an expected "Allahu Akbar!" when throwing a grenade or firing an RPG. HOWEVER, I am loathe to even start the game- I haven't played it in a few years, actually- because of the connotations of the Islamic imagery. I'm not sure it's specifically or intentionally against Islam- as I said, everything is just part of the terrain with nothing specific about it- but seeing it now with Muslim eyes would be a bit jarring, if not downright distressing.

Account Disabled

When muslims do not bother to understand the quran properly how are they going to follow its message and what are they going to tell nonmuslims to help them become our brethren in deen?

It is all result of us following ruling elites and priestly classes and money lenders. Fighting each other like animals having no real sense where we are heading. We ourselves are more to blame then others because we have not behaved towards divine message the we ought to.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-never-before&

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    Does anything NOT remind you of Islam q&a?? What would you do if that website went down for a day... probably start hyperventilating.
    I see no counter evidence from you or Ozz,

he posteed the verdicts of Alims, backed by Evidence.

Cheap one liners are insiufficient to renounce them.
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 01-09-12 at 07:28 AM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Many Muslims these are so desentised that they don't care if Haraam is potrayed in the form of Entertainment or not ... Many games these days have Illicit potrayal of Women, demonisation of Muslims or potrayal of some other Haraam Filth which contradicts Islam

But ... "It's Just a game" ... or "it's Just play and Amusement" they say ...

Nauzubillah min zaliq,

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

Account Disabled

Change your name to islamQA LOL

Account Disabled

I don't understand who chess can be banned in Islam, it makes you think and teaches you stagey, but it is considered Haraam because it wastes time and various other reasons (I guess). However, the same Muslims who say this will play video games for hours on end wasting time and video games are nothing more than drawings of people, Music in background, many times scantily dressed women, sexual content, and various Haraam western culture ideas and practices. In essence having no benefit at all while chess does.

Does anyone have an explanation on this contradiction?

(Same thing goes with Anime).

Quote Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    I don't understand who chess can be banned in Islam, it makes you think and teaches you stagey, but it is considered Haraam because it wastes time and various other reasons (I guess). However, the same Muslims who say this will play video games for hours on end wasting time and video games are nothing more than drawings of people, Music in background, many times scantily dressed women, sexual content, and various Haraam western culture ideas and practices. In essence having no benefit at all while chess does.

actually i think u have to understand the context of how chess was played back then ... was it the same chess we play nowadays or did it involve money?

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    actually i think u have to understand the context of how chess was played back then ... was it the same chess we play nowadays or did it involve money?
    So, why is chess bad, and not gambling? Is chess fine if you have no money involved in the game?

Account Disabled

Chess isn't banned in Islam, lol...

So, why is chess bad, and not gambling? Is chess fine if you have no money involved in the game?
    actually gambling is haraam.

chess , im still trying to understand as to how they played it back then , is it the same chess we play nowadays?

Account Disabled

Chess isn't banned in Islam, lol...
    bn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The evil consequences of chess are greater than the evil consequences of dice. Everything that points to the prohibition of dice points to the prohibition of chess even more so…

Al-Dhahabi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “With regard to chess, most of the scholars say that it is haraam to play it, whether that is for money or not. If it is played for money then it is indisputably gambling. Even if it is not played for money it is still gambling and haraam, according to most of the scholars…

Account Disabled

So if simple chess is Haraam, why not video games? With the music, drawings, wasting time, sexual content, western culture, etc.

i still am asking , was the chess we play today , the same as back 1400 yrs ago?

Account Disabled

Since there are so many weak and false Hadiths I do not know if this is true but...

Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine. – Sahih Muslim 28:5612

Account Disabled

i still am asking , was the chess we play today , the same as back 1400 yrs ago?
    As far as I know, yes. Only thing I found out that changed...

In the late 1400's the rules of chess were changed dramatically in order to make the game less slow and more interesting. The most significant change concerned the queen, who's movement had been restricted to one diagonal square.
    History of chess: http://www.nychesskids.com/index.php...156&Itemid=117

Shatranj (from 12th century) Old form of chess... rules slightly different but not much change in looks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatranj
    Last edited by Mich; 01-09-12 at 01:26 PM.

Change your name to islamQA LOL
    Calm down man, he did the right thing by backing his opinion up with a scholar instead of running around yelling non sense.
    My service is to only the ummah.

what do the Ulema say concerning this issue?

correct me if I am mistaken, but Chess teaches you how to use your "pawns" soldiers or whatever you want to call the rest as cannon fodder to protect the two most important pieces KIng and Queen ...

Ameen

Since there are so many weak and false Hadiths I do not know if this is true but...

Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine. – Sahih Muslim 28:5612
    there are no weak and False Ahadith in the Sahih Muslim collection,

ity is graded Sahih because it satisfies the criteria for being among the Strongest category of Authenticity.

If what you quoted is indeed from Sahih Muslim then it is Authentic.

Ameen

Account Disabled

bn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The evil consequences of chess are greater than the evil consequences of dice. Everything that points to the prohibition of dice points to the prohibition of chess even more so…

Al-Dhahabi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “With regard to chess, most of the scholars say that it is haraam to play it, whether that is for money or not. If it is played for money then it is indisputably gambling. Even if it is not played for money it is still gambling and haraam, according to most of the scholars…
    So? They are just the opinions of a couple of men.

Account Disabled

So? They are just the opinions of a couple of men.
    Muhammad's opinion as well... (no concern to me as a non-Muslim, but for a Muslim, that is a different story).

There are Qur'ans in Black OPS, Nuketown.

And they blow the whole map up at the end.....

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by AkhRidz View Post

There are Qur'ans in Black OPS, Nuketown.

And they blow the whole map up at the end.....
    No it isn't. First of all, the name of the book is called Curran. Mike Curran was a voice actor in Black Ops.