Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Which Muslim-majority country would you rather live in?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indonesia

11 8.80%
  • Pakistan

11 8.80%
  • Nigeria (Muslim half)

0 0%
  • Bangladesh

1 0.80%
  • Egypt

7 5.60%
  • Iran

1 0.80%
  • Turkey

12 9.60%
  • North Sudan

1 0.80%
  • Algeria

1 0.80%
  • Morocco

7 5.60%
  • Iraq

2 1.60%
  • Afghanistan

2 1.60%
  • Malaysia

19 15.20%
  • Uzbekistan

0 0%
  • Saudi Arabia

42 33.60%
  • Yemen

4 3.20%
  • Syria

2 1.60%
  • Kazakhstan

1 0.80%
  • Niger

1 0.80%
  • Burkina Faso

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which Muslim Country?

Of the following Top-20 Muslim-majority countries; which would be the best place for a Muslim to live?
    Last edited by AgnosticLondon; 31-08-12 at 02:31 PM.

Umm Dujana Britaniya ~Sprinkles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Re: Which Muslim Country?

There's already been a poll like this.. and anyway why do u wannu know?
    إن للمتقين مفازا

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just interested in which of those countries people think is closest (I doubt anywhere is perfect..!) to the best place for Muslims to live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Burqa fascist !
    And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Medina! But i like Indonesians, Very friendly!!
    "It is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts..."- (Sura Al-Hajj : 46)

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No Gambia or Senegal?

After those two I would like to see what life is like in Indonesia or Malaysia, as I hear good things about both.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Is Maldives a muslim populated country?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geeksupremo View Post

Is Maldives a muslim populated country?
    Yes. Maldives is a muslim country! 100% muslim. Practice of any other religion is banned there as there is no non muslim Maldivian ! The whole country converted to Islam from Budhhism in 12th century . It was an important trade route for Arab sailors!

There is a little story behind the conversion! I am not sure about its authenticity! According to Maldivian Folkore, there was a demon who used to take virgin girls!! When Arab Sailors came to know about it, one Arab helped them to get rid of it by prayers or reciting Quran! The king converted after that with the whole country!
    "It is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts..."- (Sura Al-Hajj : 46)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The demon was called Rannamaari en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rannamaari

Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8070 Post(s)

whatever u do , dont come to pakistan.

I wouldnt call it Islamic , and certainly none of u expats will be able to survive unless u lie and be corrupt like the majority.

even in ramzan insted of prices of foods going down , they increased by 100% .... this is how people are in pak.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J.Farhan View Post
    The demon was called Rannamaari en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rannamaari
    That is all made up. It was not an arab, but a Moroccan who is said to have gotten rid of Rannamaari.

Anyway, it was all a story made up by perverted monks to satisfy their greed.

And noobz, I dont think anybody would call their place Islamic unless they migrated from another land.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a hard time choosing between Saudi and Indonesia.

If i get to live in Mecca/Medinah than Saudi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'm from indonesia, i love here, maybe live in Turkey will be my second option, nice place to live..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I'm a native Indonesian and so grateful living in this country very much. Woman emancipation, open mindedness, oppression free, tolerance, great tasted foods, nice climate, beautiful natural places to visit, living in harmony with nonmuslims (well there's some nasty anti-islam kuffars on internet, but generally muslim-nonmuslim relationship is good). And you can generally live well in here with salary $200 a month. Hit $1000 threshold, you can live very very comfortable.

The cons of Indonesia : pretty slow internet connection (depends on provider), dirty city, pollution in big cities, climate might be too hot for foreigners (depends on city or area, some are cool some hot), government's corruption, high poverty rate, some big cities have high criminals rate.

I wouldnt call it Islamic , and certainly none of u expats will be able to survive unless u lie and be corrupt like the majority.
    Hello noobz,

Lately my fiance told me a story from his boss (a Malaysian Chinese and non-muslim), who already went home from Pakistan. He said his baggage was stolen in airport, and he had to pay a large sum of money to bribe the airport officers to get it. And "magically", the lost baggage was found quickly after he bribed.

Then in hotel, which located in front of masjid, suddenly when he came out, the masjid was blasted by bomb. He was shocked the hell out witnessing!!!! But the hotel owner just carelessly said "oh, perhaps this sect against this sect" -- and everybody acted as if nothing's weird.

Upon walking, he purchased a nice hat (khuff?) and wearing it. In a silent street, a man came approaching him "if you want your life safe, put off the hat immediately. only certain tribe are allowed to wear it. if any outsider wear it, like you, you'll be beheaded in the street".
    Last edited by Ariadne; 01-10-12 at 02:03 PM.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OOps...i didnt see KSA....KSA is my priority...but pakistan (pashtuns areas) and afghanistan are 2nd options.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abubakarbristol View Post
    No Gambia or Senegal?

After those two I would like to see what life is like in Indonesia or Malaysia, as I hear good things about both.
    Mali always looked nice,i have met some really lovely muslims from there too masha Allah. Comoros looks beautiful place to live, but its kind of under french rule, so problem is u dont know when theyre going to kick off and start making problems for the muslims there.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

hating on progressives AhlulQuran88's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

Somalia is not on there either awesome place to live

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

wow I didnt know burkino fasa was a muslim country.. cool. you learn something new every day
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    Somalia is not on there either awesome place to live
    lol eek
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arachnide View Post
    I'm a native Indonesian and so grateful living in this country very much. Woman emancipation, open mindedness, oppression free, tolerance, great tasted foods, nice climate, beautiful natural places to visit, living in harmony with nonmuslims (well there's some nasty anti-islam kuffars on internet, but generally muslim-nonmuslim relationship is good). And you can generally live well in here with salary $200 a month. Hit $1000 threshold, you can live very very comfortable.

The cons of Indonesia : pretty slow internet connection (depends on provider), dirty city, pollution in big cities, climate might be too hot for foreigners (depends on city or area, some are cool some hot), government's corruption, high poverty rate, some big cities have high criminals rate.

Hello noobz,

Lately my fiance told me a story from his boss (a Malaysian Chinese and non-muslim), who already went home from Pakistan. He said his baggage was stolen in airport, and he had to pay a large sum of money to bribe the airport officers to get it. And "magically", the lost baggage was found quickly after he bribed.

Then in hotel, which located in front of masjid, suddenly when he came out, the masjid was blasted by bomb. He was shocked the hell out witnessing!!!! But the hotel owner just carelessly said "oh, perhaps this sect against this sect" -- and everybody acted as if nothing's weird.

Upon walking, he purchased a nice hat (khuff?) and wearing it. In a silent street, a man came approaching him "if you want your life safe, put off the hat immediately. only certain tribe are allowed to wear it. if any outsider wear it, like you, you'll be beheaded in the street
    ".
    seriously ? is this a common thing in pakistan ?

( reminder about limits of speaking to finance` http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhg3PVeOkY )
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5064 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AgnosticLondon View Post
    Just interested in which of those countries people think is closest (I doubt anywhere is perfect..!) to the best place for Muslims to live.
    Nowhere is Perfect for the Agnost to Live in either,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    Mali always looked nice,i have met some really lovely muslims from there too masha Allah. Comoros looks beautiful place to live, but its kind of under french rule, so problem is u dont know when theyre going to kick off and start making problems for the muslims there.
    Yes Malians are soo nice and excellent food! Comores is good, only one isle is more or less under French rule since France doesn't remember they have an isle in Comores
    Otherwise the rest is French free! Except for the language obviously

I'd consider all countries except SA, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan (i know a lot of stan but i like Ouzbeks )
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

I voted wrong lol, shouldv read the OP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I live in Turkey and I like the country but my choice is, of course, Mecca and Madinah. I like government of Turkey, its stability, protection of human rights, religious freedom and many other things but many of people here far from Islam and its a very negative side.

Odan
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

We're in the process of relocating again (Inshallah), and as a person, I consider myself open to all countries. I've never had an issue with where my husband takes me and I'm used to following him around.

Having said that, for the first time ever, I spent the last two weekends in Pakistan (cos of work) and seeing the country made me realise that, its not a country that I would be comfortable relocating to.

We also recently went through the process of getting a visa to Riyadh, so that we could take a look for the purpose of relocating there. However, we also decided that it wasnt right for the family.

The likelihood is, we'll probably move to a more conservative Emirate within the UAE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGal View Post
    We're in the process of relocating again (Inshallah), and as a person, I consider myself open to all countries. I've never had an issue with where my husband takes me and I'm used to following him around.

Having said that, for the first time ever, I spent the last two weekends in Pakistan (cos of work) and seeing the country made me realise that, its not a country that I would be comfortable relocating to.

We also recently went through the process of getting a visa to Riyadh, so that we could take a look for the purpose of relocating there. However, we also decided that it wasnt right for the family.

The likelihood is, we'll probably move to a more conservative Emirate within the UAE.
    U r kinda over compensating sis

Odan
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooldog View Post
    U r kinda over compensating sis
    Lol. Explain.

My husband may talk about Syria or the south of France - I like the fact that I'm OK with all possibilities. And knowing him, its usually not just talk. We have always relocated to where he has wished to go.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2314 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    lol eek
    Why? It really is!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strive View Post
    Why? It really is!
    Oh just seems a scary place to be..

but if you're family is from there then I guess it might seem like home to you??

Show me some pics
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2314 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Oh just seems a scary place to be..

but if you're family is from there then I guess it might seem like home to you??

Show me some pics
    Yeah where the war is, i come from the north though which is safe. It doesn't seem like home, it is home.

I can't seem to attach an image

Odan
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1236 Post(s)

Consider Qatar. Its booming these days, and has a fairly good religious environment.

Odan
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abdulsidd View Post
    Consider Qatar. Its booming these days, and has a fairly good religious environment.
    We usually go where the jobs take us.

Qatar is really booming these days, my friends are all relocating there.

Odan
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1236 Post(s)

We usually go where the jobs take us.

Qatar is really booming these days, my friends are all relocating there.
    Yep. I know several people who are moving or have recently moved there. My company might shift me there soon as well, InshaAllah, although I wouldn't mind staying in Kuwait either.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post

even in ramzan insted of prices of foods going down , they increased by 100% .... this is how people are in pak.
    How dare you talk about my country like that! Every country has its problems but that doesn't mean that you criticise it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I would only like to live in Makkah and Madinah and not in any other Saudi city. Saudi Arabia has a weird way of interpreting Islam to what suites their interest. Women can't drive cars! Why not?? Islam never forbade women from travelling in any sort of transport, women used to ride on camels and donkeys how is a car any different? Hardly any women in the markets, hardly on the streets. Its a male dominated society and Islam never limited women from going to shops or going out of their homes so long as they are appropriately dressed.I think the ideal Muslim country would be the UAE and thats the option I would select if were in the poll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why have you left out Somalia? 100% Muslim population. But anyways probably Saudi Arabia then go back to Somalia and live there, inshallah

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

would have gone for bahrain

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't see Somalia. But I would love to have lived in Syria but that beautiful country has been destroyed =[
    I would probably go back to Saudi Arabia to be closer to Medina and Mecca <3
    And I wouldn't mind living in any Muslim African country.
    Last edited by ßani`Adam; 22-01-13 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Madinaa <3 I've always loved madina without being there, now that I've been am even more in love! Also Malaysia sounds awesome, but we can do our bit, but what Allah wills will happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

saudi
    نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله