Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Applying henna when pregnant

Salaam sisters,

I wanted to find out whether pregnant women are islamically (and medically) able to apply mehndi on their hands? I am told that they shouldnt as its bad luck or something but i dont believe that can be true! I only wonder if it will harm the baby in any way as i often get a slight rash when i do apply it.

Please advise.

Jazakallah

Re: Applying henna when pregnant

there is nothing medically wrong or islamically wrong with applying henna (in general) while pregnant/or on your menses, etc. that said, if you get a rash, seems like you have an allergy. that could be dangerous as the allergic reaction can cause more harm to you. i reccommend avoiding it if you have an allergy (for medical reasons rather than islamic).
    The fragrance stays in the hand that gives the rose.

Salams forget luck, luck does not exist anyhow If you are concern about henna or mehdi sis plz seek medical advice from an islamic doctor b4 applying tht will get you the correct answer InShAllah

Jazakallah for your responses sisters.

Shukaran sister and

welcome !
    The fragrance stays in the hand that gives the rose.