Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Soulja
    Guests

Successful Da'wah?

Assalam Alaikum,

There is this one Brother whom I talk to. I explained to him about how it was always one religion, submission to Allah or Islam, ever since Adam (SAAS). Then I told him how "Judaism" is just a term they created after the next phase of Allah's (SWT) message, aka Christianity came about after Prophet 'Isa (SAAS). Then I told him about how Islam came next, and all the messengers etc. And he found it really made sense.

I've been talking to this brother for 3 or 4 months gradually about Islam. He likes the Muslim war ethics, and he likes the science in the Qur'an. He likes how we dont worship Jesus, and he likes how we actually "teach wisdom" at our Mosques.

He also likes how you just have to testify faith to become a Muslim.

I dont know how to gradually keep going with my Da'wah, I dont know what to bring up next.

He does not believe Muhammed (SAAS) is the seal of Prophets, and he thinks Ghandi is a prophet though. He is kinda unsure on Muhammed (SAAS).

So, I need help, because Insha'Allah (SWT) I want to see him in Jannah (if I get there, Insha'Allah (SWT) ).

Soulja
    Guests
    Hmm... no replies?

Oh well

Jazakallah wa Khayrun double anyyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Assalaamu alaykum,

Just keep talking to him more about Islam. You should try to give him a copy of the Quran and also books on Islam and about the Prophet (saw). Most of all make dua for him, for only Allah (swt) willl guide him to the Truth if Allah (swt) wants. In doing dawah, you must be careful in not getting too emossional about things. You are only a deliverer of the message and not required to convince them.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Soulja
    Guests
    Yeah, well, I dont want to randomly drop a Qur'an on him. If he asks for one he gets it, I just want Da'Wah advice. I will eventually get him a Qur'an but I dont want to shove it down his throat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Salams brother Soulja,

Yes, you are right, just give him a little time. If you can, take this brother to the local masjid, if he is okay with it of course. Inshallah, his interest in Islam will reach the point where he actively studies Islam.

Ask the brother why he does not accept Prophet Muhammad, and explain any misconceptions he has wisely.

Best regards,
    AhmedSyed
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Soulja
    Yeah, well, I dont want to randomly drop a Qur'an on him. If he asks for one he gets it, I just want Da'Wah advice. I will eventually get him a Qur'an but I dont want to shove it down his throat.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see what you are saying, but I would like to point out that there is no "one size fits all" when doing dawah. No one knows what can trigger one to open their heart to Islam. Sometimes the things we think might not work will actually work. So, without making it to look like you are shoving down their throat, just gently give the Quran and other info and let them ponder on of that. I saw people that told me that it took them years to accept Islam after someone did dawah to them initially. One guy I know said it took him 15yrs.
    One guy who works in my company and was an atheist became a Muslim over a year ago by watching a movie that did not have anything to do with any religion at all. Something in the movie trigger his mind to search for the truth. He studied Christianity, Judaism, Buddism, and others and never thought much of them. At first he thought Islam was for terrorists, so he did not even bother to look into it. Whats amazing is this guy works with a Muslim guy who never bothered to do any dawah to him, even though the guy prayed and fasted. One day out of curiousity he asked the Muslim guy what book did he believe in, and the guy told him Quran. He asked for a copy. 3 days after reading the whole Quran at least 4 times, he took the Shahadah. This brother studied Islam so much within a year, Wallaahi, you would think that he was a Muslim for many years. I met him about two moths ago and I was amazed. Now he is working hard to get admitted in a university in SA.

Another brother who has been a Muslim for about 6yrs, became interested in Islam when one day he saw a Muslim man making wudu, specially when he saw him washing his feet.

The thing I am trying to say is we do not know what exactly will cause some one to open their heart to Islam. Be gentle, but give them all you can.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim