Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Origin of 6 Kalimas

I have read the same question here before but nobody answered the basic question so I had to post it here again.

I had to learn 5 or 6 Kalimas in Mosque when I was little (I remember only first one now). I know they tell about fundamentals of islam and I know the translation (nothing bad about them).

All I want to know "what are they?" Are they verses from Quran? Are they mentioned in Hadiths? Who compiled them and named them? I heard that in some cultures you have to recite them at your Nikkah (marriage).

Please avoid explaining their meanings and benefits and please don't argue about their number (5, 6 or 7). Just tell me where they come from? Who included them in current day Islam? References to Hadiths and Quranic verses would help.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is the link - http://islamicpath.org/six-kalimahs/

Thanks.

Re: Origin of 6 Kalimas

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...n-of-6-Kalimas

Inshallah I hope this helps inshallah.
    ... " They will find all that they did, placed before them: And not one will thy Lord treat with injustice"

(Quran: Surah 18 Verse 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Bina20 View Post
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...n-of-6-Kalimas

Inshallah I hope this helps inshallah.
    Oooops wrong one.

This one:-
    http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_...leemul_haq.pdf
    ... " They will find all that they did, placed before them: And not one will thy Lord treat with injustice"

Hanafi Aqeeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Bina20 View Post
    I could not find the answer to my original question from those links. If you found it can you please paste it here.

Quote Originally Posted by atiqurehman View Post
    I have read the same question here before but nobody answered the basic question so I had to post it here again.

I had to learn 5 or 6 Kalimas in Mosque when I was little (I remember only first one now). I know they tell about fundamentals of islam and I know the translation (nothing bad about them).

All I want to know "what are they?" Are they verses from Quran? Are they mentioned in Hadiths? Who compiled them and named them? I heard that in some cultures you have to recite them at your Nikkah (marriage).

Please avoid explaining their meanings and benefits and please don't argue about their number (5, 6 or 7). Just tell me where they come from? Who included them in current day Islam? References to Hadiths and Quranic verses would help.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is the link - http://islamicpath.org/six-kalimahs/

Thanks.
    Salam,

I myself do not know the origin of 6 Kalimas, but when I read them, I think over them, I see, they teach the same thing as Quran teaches, they teach the true Islamic message.

So, I read them often, they also freshen the faith. All muslims should recite them with understanding.

they come from sayings of the Prophet you should look it up in your duaa/hadith books
    O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted . (Recite in Arabic upon rising in the morning.)

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

Could u find answer of ur question?

Quote Originally Posted by hammad.afzal View Post
    Could u find answer of ur question?
    so basically no one has an answer to such a fundamental question ... great!

Quote Originally Posted by atiqurehman View Post

Thanks.
    Question: 11034 Pakistan
    Assalam-o-alaikum, Respected Sir, We learn and recite six Kalimas(Tayyab, Shahadat, Tamjeed, Tauheed, Astaghfar, Raddi-kuffr) right from our childhood. All the mosques and Ulamas recommend these 6 Kalimas. I want to know the origin of these 6 Kalimas? Are these found in Qur'an or Hadith and where are they mentioned. Please tell me the reference. Jazak ALLAH
    Answer: 11034 Feb 28,2009
    (Fatwa: 344/236=L/1430)

These six kalimahs are proved from hadith:
    Kalimah Tayyibah:
    لما خلق اللہ جنۃ عدن وھی أول ما خلق اللہ، قال لھا: تکلمي، قالت: لا إلہ إلا اللہ محمد رسول اللہ (کنز العمال 1:43)
    Kalimah Shahadah:
    أشھد ان لا إلہ إلا اللہ وأشھد أن محمداً عبدہ ورسولہ (البخاری 1:115)
    Kalimah Tamjeed:
    سبحان اللہ، والحمد للہ، ولا إلہ إلا اللہ واللہ اکبر، وفي روایۃ ولا حول ولا قوۃ إلا باللہ العلي العظیم (مسلم 2:345)
    Kalimah Tauheed:
    من دخل السوق فقال: لا إلہ إلا اللہ وحدہ لا شریک لہ، لہ الملک ولہ والحمد، یحیي ویمیت وھو علی کل شئ قدیر (ترمذي 2:181)
    While Kalimah Istighfar is mentioned in Bukhari 2:933, and Kalimah Radd-e-Kufr is mentioned in Musnad Imam Ahmad 5:451.
    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
    Darul Uloom Deoband

Source: http://darulifta-deoband.org/showuse...ll=en&id=11034
    Please Re-update your Signature