Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Account Disabled

Exclamation The Grand List of Common Bid'ahs

http://completeconfusion.wordpress.c...common-bidahs/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saying Iqamah in the left ear of a new born. (The sunnah is to say the azaan in the right ear alone)

Celebrating Shabe-ba’rat (15th of shaban)

Celebrating the night of ascension (mi’raj) (27th of Rajab)

Celebrating Mawlid (Birthday of the Prophet)

Mourning on the 3rd, 10th, 40th and on the yearly death anniversary of the deceased

Doing tasbeeh (Subhan Allah), tahleel (la ilaha ill lal la) and tamheed (Alhamduliah) on stone, pebbles or the likes and doing so in a group.

Reciting quran for the sake of benefiting the deceased with the reward of what is recited. This includes reciting quran as group by hiring people or inviting relatives, blowing over the food after recitation, and sharing that food with people on the death anniversary of a person.

Making group dua right after the funeral prayer.

Praying four rakat before the fard of jummah prayers.

Making group dua at the end of each salah. (We cannot find any reference where after each salah the Prophet would make a dua and the sahaba will repeat ameen after him. Post salah zikr and Individual duas are found in the authentic narrations)

Making group chanting of kalmiatu ikhlas at the end of each salah. (sunnah is to say Allahu Akbar, Astagfurllah x 3, and other masnoon duas, including kalima on personal basis)

Doing a total of three khutbahs for Jumma. One in urdu and two in Arabic.

Celebrating Urs (yearly festival) of saints.

Sacrificing animals in the name of saints

Praying or supplicating to the dead, the saints, or anyone else besides Allah. (This includes slogans like Ya Ali, Ya Hussain and the likes)
    Making up for missed salahs that were missed during the state of being a child or a non-muslim.

Believing in or using lucky charms, amulets, and soothsayers (najomis).

Saying out loud the intention for prayer.

Making monuments on graves. Making solid graves (through brick and stones)

Mourning the first ten days of Muharam by not having marriage ceremonies or by mourning the martyrs of Karbala.
    Doing a khutbah before eid prayers.

Praying eid prayers in a manner not found in the ahadith.

Believing that Allah is everywhere. (Numerous verses from the Quran and narrations from hadith clearly mention that Allah is above His throne. e-g, Surah Taha, Verse 5)

Believing that Allah is without image and is formless and/or disbelieving in His attributes. (We find certain physical attributes of Allah in Quran and Sunnah. Those physical attributes are not like anything we can compare to and are such that they suite Him accordingly. For example, we know from Quran & Sunnah that Allah has hands, eyes, shin but all of these cannot be compared to anything else that has been created.)

Believing in the sufi methodology of tarikat, abdaals, and such. (These believes have no basis in sharia. search for ‘abdal’ on wikipedia for a general understanding of this concept)

Shaking hands with the one on the left and right after finishing every salah.

Kissing thumbs upon hearing the name of the Prophet (PBUH).

Visiting shrines of the saints.

Sending salam on the Prophet (PBUH) out loud and as a group after every salah, especially after salatul jummah like done by the Barelvi community.

Wiping the hands on the back of the neck while doing ablution (wudu). (This practice cannot be found in the authentic ahadith)

Looking up and pointing towards the sky while reciting the shahada (testimony of faith) after. completion of wudu. (only reciting the shahada is from the sunnah).

praying salatul tasbeeh. (no authentic hadith talks about this kind of prayer)

praying nawafil on eid day before eid prayers.

Believing that there are Prophets or messengers after Muhammad (PBUH).

Believing that saints, prophets, or other people share characteristics of Allah or have special independent powers from Allah. Such as believing that saints can give life, or that they hold keys to the material treasures of heaven and earth. This includes believing that the Prophet (PBUH) had complete and absolute Knowledge of the unseen.

Belief that the Prophet was created from the Noor (light) of Allah.

Believing that the whole world and everything in it was created for Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). (Refer to Quran 51:56♦)

Believing that those who achieve the high level of righteousness through piety (like saints) no longer need to follow the guidelines of the sharia.

Exaggeration in praising of the good people.

Reciting Naats (Nasheeds/Priases) of the Prophet (PBUH) by using musical instruments or techniques which resemble songs and music. This includes the field of Qawali as found abundantly in Indo-Pakistan region.

Learning religion for the sole purpose of earning this world.

The concept of taqleed. (choosing an imam and sticking with his rulings alone in all the matters of the deen)
    Separating religious matters from worldly matters like the Christian did with segregation of state and church.

Indulging in magic, soothsayers, palmists, astrologists and numerologists, whether you believe them or not.

Sending blessings on the Prophet (PBUH) out loud before making each azan.

Asking some one else to do istikahra for oneself. Paying some one to do Istikhara.

Washing the limbs more than three times during wudu (ablution).

Believing that only a black sheep can be given as sadaqa (charity).

Believing that black color is associated with mourning, bad news, and sadness.

Believing that the Prophet (PBUH) is everywhere and/or that he attends certain gatherings of ‘remembrance’.

Believing that talking during making wudu (ablution) or smiling/laughing while with wudu invalidates the ablution.

Believing in the altered concept of tawassul. For example, making dua to Allah that he grants you something by the name of His Prophet (PBUH).

Note: When it comes to Bidah it is the ones who are involved in it that have to prove its authenticity from Quran or Sunnah, not the other way around. But if some persists, then my proof for classifying all the above as bidah is that we do not find any reference to these actions in the Quran or authentic sunnah.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From OP: Because of the popularity of this thread im going to colour code it

Green
    = Not Bid'ah
    Orange = Unconfirmed (difference of opinion)
    Red = Definite Bid'ah
    Blue = Shirk

If you have any changes you want to make above please suggest. This is still in the process of colouring.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 16-06-12 at 01:32 PM.

Account Disabled

Re: The Grand List of Common Bid'ahs

Well this has answered my question about Mi'raj.

thats a headache and a half
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

some of those are clear kufr
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    some of those are clear kufr
    And some of them are perfectly ok to do .. even encouraged.

Talk about a messed up list, right?
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Account Disabled

Some of the things we are meant to do, the reverse has been made a bidah ??

Some are so insignificant, makes you wonder why one would bother broaching it ??

Some are so obvious, that no right minded Muslim would think of disagreeing with ??

Some are blatantly self-reinforcing of ideology ??

Some are blatantly targeted at the spiritually based muslim ??

Some are self- contradictory. ??

And 1 or 2 are truely useful ??
    Last edited by TheEqualizer; 16-06-12 at 12:49 AM.

Which scholar wrote this list? I hope not a layman.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by TheEqualizer View Post
    Some of the things we are meant to do, the reverse has been made a bidah ??

Some are so insignificant, makes you wonder why one would bother broaching it ??

Some are so obvious, that no right minded Muslim would think of disagreeing with ??

And 1 or 2 are truely useful ??
    what do you see as insignificant?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post

Which scholar wrote this list? I hope not a layman.

I honestly don't believe a Scholar wrote this.
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Odan

Looks like some Salafi got too much time on his hands. Everyone duck! The bid'ah gun is out..

Not trying to start a debate here, but many of those things are Salafi oriented.

Many of those things are clearly accepted by the Ahlus Sunah wal Jamah and they are being chucked under bidah.

To OP: Please, be careful of where and who you are copy/pasting. It could be just any Rehan typing his own views.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

Not trying to start a debate here, but many of those things are Salafi oriented.

Many of those things are clearly accepted by the Ahlus Sunah wal Jamah and they are being chucked under bidah.

To OP: Please, be careful of where and who you are copy/pasting. It could be just any Rehan typing his own views.
    not trying to start a debate, but you say that some of these "bidas" are salafi based?

which of them are?
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Taqleed, Mawlid, saying intention out loud, reading Qur'an for dead.

I've never heard praying 4 rakat before Jummah was bidah, as well.

O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
    while those around you were laughing in joy.
    Work for the day, the day you die,
    that you may be laughing in joy then,
    while they will be weeping for you.

bidah is bidah .

salafi or sufi .

O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the (Prophetic) Messenger and those in authority from amongst you, then if you have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to Allah and the (Prophetic) Messenger if you believe in Allah and the Last Day (of Jedgement). That is better and very good in the end. (4:59)
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Odan

Mawlid, reading Qur'an for dead.
    Mawlid: Which one of the Imams or the Sahabah practiced Mawlid? To my understanding neither the Prophet, nor the Sahabah nor the Imams nor the Tabeen, nor the AtabTabeen practiced Mawlid. Infact the first to do so in history were the Fatmid Isamaili Shia who's leader later on claimed to be a prophet.

Reading Qur'an for the dead: Can I have even one authentic evidence for this? To my understanding every single evidence for this is either weak or fabricated.
    Last edited by Glow; 16-06-12 at 01:03 AM.

Taqleed, Mawlid, saying intention out loud, reading Qur'an for dead.

I've never heard praying 4 rakat before Jummah was bidah, as well.
    i thought you were the brother who was afraid of saying things based upon your opinion and would always come with scholarly support for any of your stances
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    Reading Qur'an for the dead: Can I have even one authentic evidence for this? To my understanding every single evidence for this is either weak or fabricated.
    The most important thing that will benefit your father after his death, and that you can do for him now that he is in his grave, is to strive to pray for him and ask for forgiveness and mercy for him, and for Paradise and salvation from the Fire, and other good and beautiful du’aa’s (prayers).

Prayers for forgiveness offered by both sons and daughters of the deceased bring great benefits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du’aa’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Another thing that may reach the deceased is sadaqah (charity) given on his behalf, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah said: "I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘What kind of charity is best?’ He said, ‘Providing water.’" (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Other deeds that may also benefit the deceased are Hajj and ‘Umrah on their behalf, after the living person has first performed Hajj and ‘Umrah on his or her own behalf.

‘Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: ‘I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.’ He said: ‘You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.’ She said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Fast it on her behalf.’ She said, ‘She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Perform Hajj on her behalf.’" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

This shows that it is also permissible to fast on behalf of the deceased.

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is to fulfil their nadhr (vow), because Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don’t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is if his relative devotes a share to him of a sacrifice he offers. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sacrifice, he said: "In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad" (reported by Muslim, no. 1967) – and the family of Muhammad included both the living and the dead.

The question of whether women may visit graves has already been addressed (please see question# 127 )

You should also know that keeping yourself busy with praying for your father is more important and better for you, and more beneficial to the deceased, than thinking about whether he can hear your voice. So try to do whatever will be of benefit both to him and you. You and your family should avoid forbidden innovations (bid’ah) such as marking the fortieth day after death, or the passing of one year since the death, or gatherings for reciting al-Faatihah (the first chapter or soorah of the Qur’aan), doing forbidden acts at graves, and so on, deeds which are done by those who are ignorant and are imitated by others.

I ask Allaah to forgive your father and have mercy on him and on all the deceased Muslims, for He is the Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Account Disabled

what do you see as insignificant?
    Exaggeration in praising of the good people. - please, give me a break !

Learning religion for the sole purpose of earning this world. - cant read peoples hearts, the man doing it, knows himself !

Believing in the sufi methodology of tarikat, abdaals, and such. - beleiveing in methods that purify your heart, so you can get into Jannah, hmmm, real bad one that !!

Believing that only a black sheep can be given as sadaqa - if i had a dollar for everytime some dude offered me a black sheep as sadaqa, id have zero dollars.

Believing that black color is associated with mourning, bad news, and sadness. - Yep, this alone will cause the ruination of the universe ! Doomed i tell thee, doomed !!
    Last edited by TheEqualizer; 16-06-12 at 01:20 AM.

Account Disabled

I can see one which is against the aqueedah of Ahle Sunnah wal jammah and is probably a form of shirk..if i understand it correctly ?

i hope it doesnt take one outside of islam

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    The most important thing that will benefit your father after his death, and that you can do for him now that he is in his grave, is to strive to pray for him and ask for forgiveness and mercy for him, and for Paradise and salvation from the Fire, and other good and beautiful du’aa’s (prayers).

Prayers for forgiveness offered by both sons and daughters of the deceased bring great benefits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du’aa’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Another thing that may reach the deceased is sadaqah (charity) given on his behalf, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah said: "I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘What kind of charity is best?’ He said, ‘Providing water.’" (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Other deeds that may also benefit the deceased are Hajj and ‘Umrah on their behalf, after the living person has first performed Hajj and ‘Umrah on his or her own behalf.

‘Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: ‘I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.’ He said: ‘You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.’ She said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Fast it on her behalf.’ She said, ‘She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Perform Hajj on her behalf.’" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

This shows that it is also permissible to fast on behalf of the deceased.

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is to fulfil their nadhr (vow), because Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don’t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is if his relative devotes a share to him of a sacrifice he offers. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sacrifice, he said: "In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad" (reported by Muslim, no. 1967) – and the family of Muhammad included both the living and the dead.

The question of whether women may visit graves has already been addressed (please see question# 127 )

You should also know that keeping yourself busy with praying for your father is more important and better for you, and more beneficial to the deceased, than thinking about whether he can hear your voice. So try to do whatever will be of benefit both to him and you. You and your family should avoid forbidden innovations (bid’ah) such as marking the fortieth day after death, or the passing of one year since the death, or gatherings for reciting al-Faatihah (the first chapter or soorah of the Qur’aan), doing forbidden acts at graves, and so on, deeds which are done by those who are ignorant and are imitated by others.

I ask Allaah to forgive your father and have mercy on him and on all the deceased Muslims, for He is the Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    Yeah brother, this proves my point

Where is a single authentic narration that you can read the Qur'an and send it to the dead?

The only authentic evidences we have are
    -You can preform Hajj/Umar on behalf of the dead and InshAllah it will be accepted
    -You can give Sadaqqah on their behalf
    -You can make Dua for them

All three of these things have Sahih hadith to back them up, where as reading the Qur'an and sending it to the dead does not even have a single authentic evidence to support it. Neither doe we have any authentic evidence that we can pray on behalf of the dead or whatever new things people will come up with in the future. What we can do for them is those 3 actions only. No one ever disputed that.

Odan

Exaggeration in praising of the good people. - please, give me a break !

Learning religion for the sole purpose of earning this world. - cant read peoples hearts, the man doing it, knows himself !

Believing in the sufi methodology of tarikat, abdaals, and such. - beleiveing in methods that purify your heart, so you can get into Jannah, hmmm, real bad one that !!

Believing that only a black sheep can be given as sadaqa - if i had a dollar for everytime some dude offered me a black sheep as sadaqa, id have zero dollars.

Believing that black color is associated with mourning, bad news, and sadness. - Yep, this alone will cause the ruinationof the universe ! Doomed i tell thee, doomed !!
    All those are serious though Brother. Anything which someone innovates into Islam is serious. Even if it's just something that you would see as simple like "Muslims have to talk with Cellphones using only their left hand." Once you try to relate this to Islam, then what your indirectly saying is that it came from Allah. And you end up lying against Allah. Not to mention we have many Authentic hadith about innovators about how Allah will restrict tawbah (the acceptance of repentance) from every innovator until he leaves his innovation. If you want to say these things are cultural, say they are cultural, and as long as they don't get in the way in any of the Islamic laws, then they are ok. But once you try to say that this is from Islam, or you try to do them in place of the Islamicly legislated, then they become a bidah and that's when the problem starts.

Also, how do you think Christianity became corrupted? It was a religion of pure tawheed sent by Allah. And now they are worshiping Jesus and celebrating Christmas. None of these two things were legislated in the original Christianity and none of these happened over night. They creept in over time through innovation. Small ones at first. And then they get bigger and bigger. Till finally you go to worshiping Jesus from worshiping God. Same thing happened to the people of Nuh(AS) in the Qur'an.
    I hope I cleared it up for you.
    Last edited by Glow; 16-06-12 at 01:21 AM.

Mawlid: Which one of the Imams or the Sahabah practiced Mawlid? To my understanding neither the Prophet, nor the Sahabah nor the Imams nor the Tabeen, nor the AtabTabeen practiced Mawlid. Infact the first to do so in history were the Fatmid Isamaili Shia who's leader later on claimed to be a prophet.

i thought you were the brother who was afraid of saying things based upon your opinion and would always come with scholarly support for any of your stances
    Brothers, what I have said is based on what scholars have said.

Not here to argue.

Accept the differences and leave it be. There's no need for us to play "scholars."

Account Disabled

-You can make Dua for them
    You never made Dua using Fatiha and Ayatul kursi and other verses of the Quran ? What did you use instead ??

Account Disabled

Not here to argue.

Accept the differences and leave it be. There's no need for us to play "scholars."
    Gimme a break, the minute you copy and paste anything from anywhere in Quran and hadith you have little or no idea its always the correct copy and paste

so we are all playing scholars here, in your sense !!

You certain that you didnt emphasise a hadith in one place over a more relevant one, or took many hadiths and due to Arabic limitation took the wrong meaning ??

You so sure of that ?!

You never made Dua using Fatiha and Ayatul kursi and other verses of the Quran ? What did you use instead ??
    oH SNAP
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Odan

Not here to argue.

Who's playing Scholar? I thought you were doing taqleed Authentically. Meaning following the teachings of Imam Abu Hanifa. Which is why i'm confused when you do something that him, nor the other three Imams, nor the Sahabah nor the Tabeen nor the Atabteen did, and instead started with the Shia.

If people are not really following Abu Hanifa, one wonders whether it can still be called the 'Hanafi' madhab.

The definition of Biddah is doing what the Messenger of Allah or the Sahabh never did. Yet not only did the Messenger of Allah or Sahabah never do this, but the next 3 generations including the Imam did not either. And it was started by the Shia.

Can their be a Biddah more clear in Islam? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Glow; 16-06-12 at 01:26 AM.

Gimme a break, the minute you copy and paste anything from anywhere in Quran and hadith you have little or no idea its always the correct copy and paste

That's not what I meant. I mean, we can't be grading hadiths here. Leave that to muhaddiths.

Who's playing Scholar? I thought you were doing taqleed Authentically. Meaning following the teachings of Imam Abu Hanifa. Which is why i'm confused when you do something that him, nor the other three Imams, nor the Sahabah nor the Tabeen nor the Atabteen did, and instead started with the Shia.

If people are not really following Abu Hanifa, one wonders whether it can still be called the 'Hanafi' madhab.
    I don't follow Imam Abu Hanfiah (RA), but his school, that is Islam as understood by him and his students and other Hanafi scholars.

So, no, people are not following Abu Hanifah (RA).

I think he meant they are learned people - doubt the guy was accusing you of playing a scholar.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Account Disabled

Also, how do you think Christianity became corrupted? It was a religion of pure tawheed sent by Allah. And now they are worshiping Jesus and celebrating Christmas. None of these two things were legislated in the original Christianity and none of these happened over night. They creept in over time through innovation. Small ones at first. And then they get bigger and bigger. Till finally you go to worshiping Jesus from worshiping God. Same thing happened to the people of Nuh(AS) in the Qur'an.
    I hope I cleared it up for you.
    Actually tawheed AND shariah has been preserved by Ahle Sunnah wal Jamaah and the rightly guided scholars from the 4 schools.

The prophet Muhammad Mustafa peace be upon him cleared that up for me, thanks all the same

1433 years on, and its the sheep which could change us this week ?

I don't celebrate Mawlid, neither do I go around saying, "Bidah, bidah, bidah."

I think this is a good summation on Mawlid: Why do some Sunni Ulema – like the Deobandis – prohibit the Mawlid?

The definition of Biddah is doing what the Messenger of Allah or the Sahabh never did.
    Yes .. but Bida falls into good and bad .. doesn't it

- Khalid ibn Walid

Odan

That's not what I meant. I mean, we can't be grading hadiths here. Leave that to muhaddiths.

I don't follow Imam Abu Hanfiah (RA), but his school, that is Islam as understood by him and his students and other Hanafi scholars.

Even when they do that which The Prophet(SWS) did not do, neither did his Companions, Neither did the Tabeen, neither did the Atabatabeen, and neither did the 4 Imams of Ahlul Sunnah including Abu hanfia?

Is this Islam we are talking about?? At what point was this acceptable. I thought this was Islam we were following. I thought this was the religion of Islam. Where the Prophet and the first three generations had prime authority, then the 4 Imams then the rest of the Salaf. I was not aware that this was "Follow the students of the Hanafi school even if they take from the Shia and even if they go against all of the first three generations including the Prophet and including the Abu hanifa Himself" Religion.

I don't celebrate Mawlid
    I do!

- Khalid ibn Walid

Quote Originally Posted by Fais View Post
    Yes .. but Bida falls into good and bad .. doesn't it
    Think we had a discussion about this months ago, where someone said oh if the intention is good but then they said praying at a grave, your intention is good but it still aint allowed etc
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Account Disabled

Sorry, i getya now, but still, when do we know we have all the opinions to know there is actually a difference and no concensus :P

Btw 70% of world muslims follow Abu Hanifas school, and the other 20% were his students or students of his students, so you certainly are on the sirat -ul - mustaqeen

Even when they do that which The Prophet(SWS) did not do, neither did his Companions, Neither did the Tabeen, neither did the Atabatabeen, and neither did the 4 Imams of Ahlul Sunnah including Abu hanfia?

Is this Islam we are talking about?? At what point was this acceptable. I thought this was Islam we were following. I thought this was the religion of Islam. Where the Prophet and the first three generations had prime authority, then the 4 Imams then the rest of the Salaf. I was not aware that this was "Follow the students of the Hanafi school even if they go against all of them including the Prophet and including the Abu hanifa Himself" Religion.
    To say that all the scholars of any of the 4 school are coincidentally going against the Qur'an and the Prophet and the Salaf is naive.

By this, I don't mean Mawlid, but any issue that non-maddhab Muslims have issues with which are acceptable in maddhabs. So, I'd rather stick to the scholars of past centuries.

Sorry, i getya now, but still, when do we know we have all the opinions to know there is actually a difference and no concensus :P
    As laymen, we probably will never know.

Odan

To say that all the scholars of any of the 4 school are coincidentally going against the Qur'an and the Prophet and the Salaf is naive.

By this, I don't mean Mawlid, but any issue that non-maddhab Muslims have issues with which are acceptable in maddhabs. So, I'd rather stick to the scholars of past centuries.
    Ok, but how does this go relate to Mawlid being permissible when in fact none of them including the Sahabah and the tabeen and Atabtaeen and The Prophet celebrated it? And infact it was the Shia who started it?

Also, for the second line, the narrations of the Prophet speak loud and clear for themselves and the Sahabahs explanation of them are more then enough for those who understand.

I'll let Fais answer the questions about Mawlid.

You can also search the Forum. These discussions have came up many times before, so might want to check them.

Account Disabled

How can a celebration of the love for the messenger, regardless of the excuse, as long as the celebration is within shariah, be a bad thing ??

Cant you see whats happening here, this is just a fork between a believer and the one he should love most in this dunya world (after Allah) ???

How many people are involved in anniversaries of buildings and inanimate objects and petty things, but the Most beloved of all Creation is not worthy of celebration...

Even the home of the the birthplace of the anti-bidah crew, they celebrated the 100 year anniversary of the "Birth of a Kingdom" ??

why was that ??