Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Let's stop talking Islam and start living Islam

Beautiful quotes about marriage and Islam

You can marry a woman for her wealth but money will perish.

You can marry a woman for her beauty but beauty will fade away.

You can marry a woman for her power but power will be gone.

If you marry a pious and righteous woman who fears Allah,
    - she will honour you,
    - she will be affectionate with you,
    - she will help you to get closer to Allah.

Your love story will last forever. It will begin in this life and Insha'Allah will continue in the Hereafter.

Her love and satisfaction will be your key to Jannah (Paradise).

(http://www.PureMatrimony.com/)

Does anyone else find it beautiful that if she is a man's key to paradise (in helping him fulfill half his deen with her in marriage.. and that in attaining his pleasure through her life and obedience as his wife and a Muslimah... he is her door to Jannah... couldn't help thinking of the irony.. the key that opens the door .. they need each other's help to get there in this analogy...masha'Allah
    Last edited by carol_au; 05-06-12 at 02:21 AM.
    .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Re: Beautiful quotes about marriage and Islam

Jazak Allah khayran, Carol. It is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by carol_au View Post
    You can marry a woman for her wealth but money will perish.

You can marry a woman for her beauty but beauty will fade away.

You can marry a woman for her power but power will be gone.

If you marry a pious and righteous woman who fears Allah,
    - she will honour you,
    - she will be affectionate with you,
    - she will help you to get closer to Allah.

Your love story will last forever. It will begin in this life and Insha'Allah will continue in the Hereafter.

Her love and satisfaction will be your key to Jannah (Paradise).

(http://www.PureMatrimony.com/)

Does anyone else find it beautiful that if she is a man's key to paradise (in helping him fulfill half his deen with her in marriage.. and that in attaining his pleasure through her life and obedience as his wife and a Muslimah... he is her door to Jannah... couldn't help thinking of the irony.. the key that opens the door .. they need each other's help to get there in this analogy...masha'Allah
    reminds me about, part of this ayah ukthi ...

Al-Quran, Surah Baqarah : Ayah 187
    ------------------------------------
    "... They are your garments and ye are their garments..."

What is the Function of a Garment, but to Protect and Conceal from shamelessness ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

The Nabi told Umar(ra), "shall I tell you the best a man can treasure? It is a good wife. If he looks at her, she gives him pleasure; if he orders her, she obeys; and if he is away from her, she remains faithful to him".

[Abu Dawud]

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

"The best treasure is a tongue that is busy in the remembrance of Allah, a heart that is busy thanking of Allah, and a wife who helps him in faith (i.e. in Imaan and in virtuous deeds)."

[Ahmad, Tirmidhi, & Ibn Majah]

Ameen

“Whoever loves, hates, gives, withholds, and marries for the Sake of Allah (SWT) has then perfected his Eemaan

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi]

Ameen

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) narrated that his Lord said: “My love is guaranteed for two who love one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who visit one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who help one another (financially) for My sake; My love is guaranteed to two who uphold ties with one another for My sake.

Narrated by Ahmad, 4/236 and 5/236; al-Tanaasuh by Ibn Hibbaan, 3/338; the two ahaadeeth were classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 3019, 3020, 3021.
    Last edited by carol_au; 05-06-12 at 05:04 AM.
    .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) narrated that his Lord said: “My love is guaranteed for two who love one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who visit one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who help one another (financially) for My sake; My love is guaranteed to two who uphold ties with one another for My sake.
    Let all those who seek Love, seek it for the sake of Allah ta'ala,

Ameen

for sharing sis Carol, it's really deep subhanaAllah.

A man came to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and said that "O! Prophet (pbuh), we are taking care of an orphan girl. A man came and said that two men came and asked for the hand in marriage for the orphan girl, one rich one poor, but she loves the poor man. He said that "we liked the rich man". The man said "who should I choose?" Prophet (pbuh) told him to allow the girl to marry the poor one.

The mate should not be judged on their status, or wealth.

(Ibn Majjah)

'A'isha reported:
    Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) but in case of Khadija, although I did no, (have the privilege to) see her. She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.

From Sahih Al Bukhair
    English reference: Book 31, Hadith 5972
    Arabic reference: Book 45, Hadith 6431

---

I've heard this hadith mentioned many times in lectures, and they always comment on the word used in Arabic for that bolded part. He said "ruziqtu hubbihaa", meaning to say Allah gave him rizq, that is love for her (Khadija radiyallahu `anhaa). So they say from that that the love a man has for his wife is rizq from Allah.

One other very beautiful hadith I heard the other day while driving, I found it moving. This is not the whole thing, just the part I heard.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Once Hala bint Khuwailid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of the Prophet to enter. On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and he was overwhelmed with emotion. He said, "O Allah! Hala!"

Sahih Al Bukhari

English reference: Vol. 5, Book 58, Hadith 168
    Arabic reference: Book 63, Hadith 3869

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    'A'isha reported:
    Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) but in case of Khadija, although I did no, (have the privilege to) see her. She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.

From Sahih Al Bukhair

---

I've heard this hadith mentioned many times in lectures, and they always comment on the word used in Arabic for that bolded part. He said "ruziqtu hubbihaa", meaning to say Allah gave him rizq, that is love for her (Khadija radiyallahu `anhaa). So they say from that that the love a man has for his wife is rizq from Allah.
    One other very beautiful hadith I heard the other day while driving, I found it moving. This is not the whole thing, just the part I heard.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Once Hala bint Khuwailid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of the Prophet to enter. On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and he was overwhelmed with emotion. He said, "O Allah! Hala!"

Sahih Al Bukhari

SubhanaAllah!!!! These moved me to tears

SubhanAllah. A gorgeous thread.

Jazakillah Khayr, sister Carol.
    SubhanAllah...

beautiful thread

A man came to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and said that "O! Prophet (pbuh), we are taking care of an orphan girl. A man came and said that two men came and asked for the hand in marriage for the orphan girl, one rich one poor, but she loves the poor man. He said that "we liked the rich man". The man said "who should I choose?" Prophet (pbuh) told him to allow the girl to marry the poor one.

The mate should not be judged on their status, or wealth.

(Ibn Majjah)
    ukthi this is a very important point which we often overlook ...

Ameen

Jazakallah nice sharing

“..And live with [them] in a beautiful manner. If you are then displeased with them, [then know] perhaps you dislike something which Allah has created abundant goodness in it (al-Qur’an 4:19 ).

The believer should not harbor hatred towards his wife. If he dislikes something in her, then surely he will be pleased with another quality in her (Sahih Muslim).

The believer with the most perfect faith is the one who has best character and the one who is kindest to his wife (Sahih Muslim).

The best of you is the one best to his wife. I am the best among you to his wife (Tirmidhi, Darimi).

“Any woman who dies with her husband pleased with her shall enter Paradise .” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi)

“If a women performs her five prayers, fasts the month of Ramadan, protects herself from immorality, and is obedient to her husband, she will enter into Paradise from any door she desires.” (Hilya)

Account Disabled

Thanks for the above..

What about the Woman's perspective on a potential spouse?

Quote Originally Posted by kashif79 View Post
    Thanks for the above..

What about the Woman's perspective on a potential spouse?
    Idhaa ataakum man tardhauna deenahu wa khuluqahu fa zawwijoohu. Illaa taf'aloo takun fitnatun fiy al-ardhi wa fasaadun kabeerun."
    "If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied with comes to you, marry to him. If you do not do so, there will be trials in the earth and a great deal of evil." At-Tirmidhi and others and it is hassan.

and character is defined this way

"Innama bu'ithtu li utammima saliha al-akhlaaqi."
    "I have only been sent to complete good character." Al-Hakim and others (sahih)
    "Anaa za'eemun bibaitin fiy a'laa al-jannati liman hassana khuluqahu."
    "I am a guarantor of a house in the highest part of Paradise for one who makes his character good." Abu Daud and it is hassan.
    "Al-Birru husnu al-khuluqi."
    "Righteousness is good character." Muslim
    "Akmalu al-mu'mineen imaanan ahsanuhum khuluqan."
    "The believers with the most complete iman are those with the best character." Abu Daud and it is sahih.

Last edited by carol_au; 05-06-12 at 09:37 PM.

‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

'Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.'
    Alhamdulillah for everything

''And among His signs is that He created for you, from yourselves, spouses that you may dwell (in joy and security) unto them, and He set between you love and mercy; surely in that are signs for those who reflect." Ar-Rum 30-21
    Last edited by Bint.Omar; 06-06-12 at 03:13 PM.
    Alhamdulillah for everything

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

"And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqeen."(25:74)

I read this today on facebook and loved it.. May Allah reward the brother who wrote it.. ameen

I know a man who lost his parents but refused to be called an orphan. He was man enough to love a strong woman years older than him, worked for her and made her stronger, opened his heart to her, shared his fears to no one but her. He was faithful to her till her last breath. Cleaned after himself and sewed his own clothes. He was good looking, courageous and fearless. He never judged anyone on their pasts or looks, and was moderate, open minded and tolerant. His neighbour was Jewish and his cousin-in- law was a Christian priest. Beaten and exiled when he was helpless, he was merciful when he became stronger. Intelligent, wise and a hard worker, he built a long lasting nation out of nothing in the last 20 years of his life. He had no parents, but loved his daughters and grandchildren. His last will was "Be good to women". This man was a mercy for all mankind, this is my Prophet Muhammad. صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

Brother Alan on fb

This is not strictly about marriage.. but I read this today on a website talking about how we can ask Allah for a companion to share our life with and to help us so, so we can together praise Allah .. and they used these verses from Surah Ta Ha.. and the account of Moses SA asking Allah SWT His Lord for a companion to help him in his task of going to Pharoh. As I read both the article from the Shaykh and then the ayat.. I realised this is about marriage.. where we find our closest companion.. our spouse.

And give me a Minister from my family

30>"Aaron my brother;

31>"Add to my strength through him

32>"And make him share my task:

33>"That we may celebrate Thy praise without stint

34>"And remember Thee without stint:

35>For Thou art He that (ever) regardeth us."

36>(Allah) said: "Granted is thy prayer O Moses!"

Dress for your spouse!

Sayyiduna ibn Abaas (RA) said: as my wife adorns herself for me, I adorn myself for her. I do not want to take my rights from her so that she will not take all of her rights from me because اللَّهُ , the Exalted, stated the following: "and women shall have rights similar to the rights against them."

This is another area where many spouses fail. The wife only dresses when it is a special occasion. The husband on the other hand stays scruffy and does not take care to be neat and tidy. If the couple want their everyday to be special a occasion like their wedding day, they must dress to impress, but only to the one they MARRY!
    They should wear clothing that pleases each other and what their spouse like to see them in.
    Every time the husband and wife glance at each other, the glance should arouse them and stir up more love for their spouse. This will ignite the LOVE in the heart.

(http://www.purematrimony.com/)

I read this today on facebook and loved it.. May Allah reward the brother who wrote it.. ameen

I know a man who lost his parents but refused to be called an orphan. He was man enough to love a strong woman years older than him, worked for her and made her stronger, opened his heart to her, shared his fears to no one but her. He was faithful to her till her last breath. Cleaned after himself and sewed his own clothes. He was good looking, courageous and fearless. He never judged anyone on their pasts or looks, and was moderate, open minded and tolerant. His neighbour was Jewish and his cousin-in- law was a Christian priest. Beaten and exiled when he was helpless, he was merciful when he became stronger. Intelligent, wise and a hard worker, he built a long lasting nation out of nothing in the last 20 years of his life. He had no parents, but loved his daughters and grandchildren. His last will was "Be good to women". This man was a mercy for all mankind, this is my Prophet Muhammad. صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

Brother Alan on fb
    That's beautiful. As I was reading, I started to wonder if the man was actually real... The last line proved that it was definitely haqq.

SubhanAllah...

Odan

beautiful

Umm Yahya & Rayhanna iam_muslimah's Avatar

bump
    '. . . O Allah, forgive my mother and father and all the believers both alive and dead . . Ameen
    ... Allahuma aghfir le waldey wa waldatey w'al mu'mineen and mu'minat w'al muslimeen w'al muslimat minhum al a'hiya'a w'al mawta... Allahuma Ameen'
    Say this Dua'a and gain MILLIONS of good deeds in an instance.

Gone with the wind sabah suleiman's Avatar

'A'isha reported:

From Sahih Al Bukhair

---

Narrated 'Aisha:

Sahih Al Bukhari

This whole thread is beautiful, but this ^ made me cry, so deep

Heart beat

Gone with the wind sabah suleiman's Avatar

Brother Alan on fb

absolutely in love with this thread

Heart beat

Beautiful article i came across.Thought i will add this to this beautiful thread.

Why I Want To Get Married? Beautiful Short Note !

Because I want my eyes to see someone special, someone halal, knowing that he/she is my gift from Allah. Because I want someone who loves Allah and loves me because he lovesAllah. Because I want somebody to share my
    happiness and praise Allah with me, someone to cry my tears with me and make du’a with me and someone to love and love Allah with me. Because I want to have children of my own to love and care and share with a
    gift from Allah. Because I want to share Allah’s beautiful creations and praise His name with someone who Allah has fated to be with me since I was born. Because verily, with a halal partner, my life and everything I do with my
    husband will be halal in the eyes of Allah. Because I am a gift from Allah to someone, and I want to let him feel Allah’s love through me.

Abdullah b. Amr reported Allah’s Messenger (saw) as saying:

“The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.”
    [Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3465]