Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Icon9 Can you explain me these racist hadiths in islam

i'm muslim,and i'm a proud somali boy,i love allah and his prophet MUHAMMAD (SAWS) but i found some hadIths in the internet and i need some explanations
    one of my white "friends" said me that islam is a racist religions and he showed me this hadiths

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
    Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256
    Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:11:662
    Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said to Abu-Dhar, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if he is an Ethiopian with a head like a raisin."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:11:664
    Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledg- ed allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man)
    Sahih Muslim 10:3901
    'Ubaidullah b. Abu Rafi', the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), said: When Haruria (the Khwarij) set out and as he was with 'Ali b. Abu Talib (Allah be pleased with him) they said," There is no command but that of Allah." Upon this 'Ali said: The statement is true but it is intentionally applied (to support) a wrong (cause). The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him described their characteristics and I found these characteristics in them. They state the truth with their tongue, but it does not go beyond this part of their bodies (and the narrator pointed towards his throat). The most hateful among the creation of Allah us one black man among them (Khwarij). One of his hand is like the teat of a goat or the nipple of the breast. When 'Ali b. Abu Talib (Allah be pleased with him) killed them, he said: Search (for his dead body). They searched for him, but they did not find it (his dead body). Upon this he said: Go (and search for him). By Allah, neither I have spoken a lie nor has the lie been spoken to me. 'Ali said this twice and thrice. They then found him (the dead body) in a rain. They brought (his dead) body till they placed it before him (Hadrat 'Ali). 'Ubaidullah said: And, I was present at (that place) when this happened and when 'Ali said about them. A person narrated to me from Ibn Hanain that he said: I saw that black man.
    Sahih Muslim 5:2334
    Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African’s color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks.
    Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 11, p. 11
    Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair. Noah prayed that the hair of Ham’s descendants would not grow beyond their ears, and that whenever his descendants met Shem’s, the latter would enslave them.
    Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 21, p. 21
    A man of B. al-'Ajilan told me that he was told that Gabriel came to the apostle and said, 'There comes to sit with you a black man with long flowing hair, ruddy cheeks, and inflamed eyes like two copper pots. His heart is more gross than a donkey's; he carries your words to the hypocrites, so beware of him.' This, so they say, was the description of Nabtal.[2]
    Ishaq:243
    "I have heard the Apostle say: 'Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal.' He was a sturdy black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks. He used to come and talk with the Prophet and listen to him. He would carry what he had said to the hypocrites. Nabtal said, 'Muhammad is all ears. If anyone tells him something he believes it.' Allah sent down concerning him: 'To those who annoy the Prophet and say that he is all ears, say, 'Good ears for you.' For those who annoy the Apostle there is a painful punishment."[2]
    Ishaq:243
    It is your folly to fight the Apostle, for Allah’s army is bound to disgrace you. We brought them to the pit. Hell was their meeting place. We collected them there, black slaves, men of no descent.
    Ishaq:450
    The black troops and slaves of the Meccans cried out and the Muslims replied, ‘Allah destroy your sight, you impious rascals.’
    Ishaq:374
    "Abu Darda reported that the Holy Prophet said: Allah created Adam when he created him (sic). Then He stroke (sic) his right shoulder and took out a white race as if they were seeds, and He stroke (sic) his left shoulder and took out a black race as if they were coals. Then He said to those who were in his right side: Towards paradise and I don't care. He said to those who were on his left shoulder: Towards Hell and I don't care. - Ahmad"
    Mishkat, Vol. 3, p. 117
    Ahmad ibn Abi Sulayman, the companion of Sahnun said, “Anyone who says that the Prophet was black should be killed.
    Ibn Musa al-Yahsubi, Qadi ‘Iyad, p.375
    "Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair. Noah prayed that the hair of Ham's descendants would not grow beyond their ears, and that whenever his descendants met Shem's, the latter would enslave them."
    Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 21, p. 21
    "Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African's color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks."
    Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 11, p. 11
    Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet said, "I saw (in a dream) a black woman with unkempt hair going out of Medina and settling at Mahai'a, i.e., Al-Juhfa. I interpreted that as a symbol of epidemic of Medina being transferred to that place (Al-Juhfa)."
    Sahih Bukhari 9:87:161
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: concerning the dream of the Prophet in Medina: The Prophet said, "I saw (in a dream) a black woman with unkempt hair going out of Medina and settling at Mahai'a. I interpreted that as (a symbol of) the epidemic of Medina being transferred to Mahai'a, namely, Al-Juhfa."
    Sahih Bukhari 9:87:162
    Narrated Salim's father: The Prophet said, "I saw (in a dream) a black woman with unkempt hair going out of Medina and settling in Mahai'a. I interpreted that as (a symbol of) epidemic of Medina being transferred to Mahai'a, namely, Al-Juhfa."
    Sahih Bukhari 9:87:163
    Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledged allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man)
    [edit]Negative Attitudes against Black Color

Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.
    Sahih Muslim 4:1032
    And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?
    Qur'an 39:60
    The day will come when some faces will be brightened (lightened) (with joy), while other faces will be darkened (with misery). As for those whose faces are darkened, they will be asked, "Did you not disbelieve after believing? Therefore, suffer the retribution for your disbelief." As for those whose faces are brightened (lightened), they will rejoice in GOD's mercy; they abide therein forever.
    Qur'an 3:106-107
    [edit]Islamic Writers and Scholars on Black People

Ibn Khaldun (1332–1406) was, among other things, an Islamic jurist, Islamic lawyer, Islamic scholar, Islamic theologian, and hafiz
    "Therefore, the Negro nation are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated."[3]
    Ibn Khaldun, Muqaddimah, 14th century
    "beyond [known peoples of black West Africa] to the south there is no civilization in the proper sense. There are only humans who are closer to dumb animals than to rational beings. They live in thickets and caves, and eat herbs and unprepared grain. They frequently eat each other. They cannot be considered human beings."[3]
    Ibn Khaldun, Muqaddimah
    Ibn Sina or Avicenna (980-1037), was, among other things, a Hafiz, Islamic psychologist, Islamic scholar, and Islamic theologian
    [Blacks are] people who are by their very nature slaves.[4]
    Quoted in “Blasphemy Before God: The Darkness of Racism In Muslim Culture” by Adam Misbah aI-Haqq
    Ibn Qutaybah (828-889), was a renowned Islamic scholar from Kufa, Iraq
    "[Blacks] are ugly and misshapen, because they live in a hot country."[3]
    Ibn Qutaybah (828-889)
    Nasīr al-Dīn al-Tūsī (1201-1274), was a Shia Muslim Scholar and Grand Ayatollah
    "If (all types of men) are taken, from the first, and one placed after another, like the Negro from Zanzibar, in the Southern-most countries, the Negro does not differ from an animal in anything except the fact that his hands have been lifted from the earth -in no other peculiarity or property - except for what God wished. Many have seen that the ape is more capable of being trained than the Negro, and more intelligent."[3]
    Nasir al-Din al-Tusi, Tasawwurat (Rawdat al-taslim):
    [The Zanj (African) differ from animals only in that] their two hands are lifted above the ground,... Many have observed that the ape is more teachable and more intelligent than the Zanj.[4]
    Al-Muqaddasi (945/946-1000) was a medieval Muslim geographer
    "Of the neighbors of the Bujja, Maqdisi had heard that "there is no marriage among them; the child does not know his father, and they eat people -- but God knows best. As for the Zanj, they are people of black color, flat noses, kinky hair, and little understanding or intelligence."[3]
    Al-Muqaddasi (fl. 966), Kitab al-Bad' wah-tarikh, vol.4
    Al-Masudi (896-956), was a Muslim historian and geographer, known as the "Herodotus of the Arabs."[5]
    "Galen says that merriment dominates the black man because of his defective brain, whence also the weakness of his intelligence."[3]
    Al-Masudi, Muruj al-dhahab
    Ibn al-Faqih was a Muslim historian and geographer
    "A man of discernment said: The people of Iraq ... do not come out with something between blonde, buff and blanched coloring, such as the infants dropped from the wombs of the women of the Slavs and others of similar light complexion; nor are they overdone in the womb until they are burned, so that the child comes out something between black, murky, malodorous, stinking, and crinkly-haired, with uneven limbs, deficient minds, and depraved passions, such as the Zanj, the Somali, and other blacks who resemble them. The Iraqis are neither half-baked dough nor burned crust but between the two."[3]
    Ibn al-Faqih al-Hamadani, Mukhtasar Kitab al-Buldan, 903 AD
    Abu Rayhan al-Biruni (973-1048), was an Islamic scholar and polymath
    "The Zanj are so uncivilized that they have no notion of a natural death. If a man dies a natural death, they think he was poisoned. Every death is suspicious with them, if a man has not been killed by a weapon."[3]
    Abu Rayhan al-Biruni, India, 1030 AD
    Hudud al-`Alam is a book dedicated to Abu l-Ḥārith Muḥammad b. Aḥmad, a ruler of the local Farighunid dynasty.
    "Their [Zanj] nature is that of wild animals. They are extremely black." "Among themselves [the Sudan] there are people who steal each other's children and sell them to the merchants when the latter arrive."[3]
    Hudud al-`Alam, 982 AD
    "[inhabitants of sub-Saharan African countries] are people distant from the standards of humanity" "Their nature is that of wild animals..."[3]
    Hudud al-`alam, 982 AD
    "As regards southern countries, all their inhabitants are black on account of the heat of their climate... Most of them go naked... In all their lands and provinces, gold is found.... They are people distant from the standards of humanity."[3]
    Hudud al-`Alam, 982 AD
    Al Jahiz (781–869), was a famous Muslim scholar
    "Like the crow among mankind are the Zanj [African Blacks] for they are the worst of men and the most vicious of creatures in character and temperament."[3]
    Jahiz, Kitab al-Hayawan, vol. 2
    "We know that the Zanj (blacks) are the least intelligent and the least discerning of mankind, and the least capable of understanding the consequences of actions."[3]
    Jahiz, Kitab al-Bukhala (The Book of Misers)
    "They [the Shu`ubiyya] maintain that eloquence is prized by all people at all times - even the Zanj, despite their dimness, their boundless stupidity, their obtuseness, their crude perceptions and their evil dispositions, make long speeches."[3]
    Jahiz, Al-Bayan wa`l-tabyin, vol. 3
    Ibn Abi Zayd (922–996), was a Maliki scholar from Al-Qayrawan in Tunisia.
    It is disliked to trade in the land of the enemy or the land of the blacks. The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Travel is a portion of punishment."[6]

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur%27an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Racism#Racism_Agains t_Black_People

PLEASE EXPLAIN ME.........I CAN'T BELIVE THAT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD(SAWS) HATE BLACK PEOPLE
    ARE THESE HADITH TRUE??? MOST OF THEM ARE SAHIH
    S

Just a slave of Allaah

Re: Can you explain me these racist hadiths in islam

First of all I give you the advice to remove from these kind of friends and don't listen to them. Only if they have interest in Islam and you hope that they will accept it talk to them and assort with them.
    And then: Do you know that nationalism is a disease that Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa salam cautioned against? Don't be proud to be Somali, be proud to be a Muslim only.
    Your friends seem to missunderstand the message of the first hadeeth you mentioned. The message is that even if the man is not highly regarded by people they have to obey him. Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa salam could had cited as an example a chinese man or other races just as well, but just because black people weren't respected that well these days he gave this. Wallahu a'lam.
    Bilal al Habashi radiyallahu anhu was the Muezzin in the time of Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa salam and he was an ethiopian, he was honored by the prophet and loved him very much. How could that be if the prophet was a racist, waliyadhubillah?

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ever Somali View Post
    Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
    Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256
    Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:11:662
    Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said to Abu-Dhar, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if he is an Ethiopian with a head like a raisin."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:11:664
    Can you what is racist about this?

Do you think that if your chief is ugly you should not obey him?

Do you think that the skin colour your Chief is a factor in whether you should obey him or not?

These Hadiths clearly state you should obey your Chief regardless of his looks or skin colour, quite how this is racist perhaps you should ask your "white friend"?

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledg- ed allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man)
    Surely this is an issue of slavery and compensating the slave master?

What in this hadith makes you think it is possibly racist?

'Ubaidullah b. Abu Rafi', the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), said: When Haruria (the Khwarij) set out and as he was with 'Ali b. Abu Talib (Allah be pleased with him) they said," There is no command but that of Allah." Upon this 'Ali said: The statement is true but it is intentionally applied (to support) a wrong (cause). The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him described their characteristics and I found these characteristics in them. They state the truth with their tongue, but it does not go beyond this part of their bodies (and the narrator pointed towards his throat). The most hateful among the creation of Allah us one black man among them (Khwarij). One of his hand is like the teat of a goat or the nipple of the breast. When 'Ali b. Abu Talib (Allah be pleased with him) killed them, he said: Search (for his dead body). They searched for him, but they did not find it (his dead body). Upon this he said: Go (and search for him). By Allah, neither I have spoken a lie nor has the lie been spoken to me. 'Ali said this twice and thrice. They then found him (the dead body) in a rain. They brought (his dead) body till they placed it before him (Hadrat 'Ali). 'Ubaidullah said: And, I was present at (that place) when this happened and when 'Ali said about them. A person narrated to me from Ibn Hanain that he said: I saw that black man.
    Sahih Muslim 5:2334
    Again it is puzzling why you see racism here, there is no mention or implication that all black people are bad or hateful, it is just about one person (who has black skin).

I have stopped there, but read each one on its own and in most cases it will become apparent what the true meaning is.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur%27an,_...t_Black_People

PLEASE EXPLAIN ME.........I CAN'T BELIVE THAT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD(SAWS) HATE BLACK PEOPLE
    ARE THESE HADITH TRUE??? MOST OF THEM ARE SAHIH
    S
    Brother,
    The source of this, wikiislam, is an anti-Islamic site that will always try and interpret any hadith or passage from Al Quran in as bad a way as possible; sites like these are never going to give you the true interpretation because they have a built in agenda.

I would also caution you against taking the western understanding of and teachings on racism, whilst a lot of it is correct there are many aspects which are not addressed and other that are misinterpreted.

i suggest to the OP that you read the last khutbah of the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam from which the following is taken:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action" (Last Khutbah of Prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam)
    82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Akhi it sounds like you've been talking to a Kafir missionary and they are notorious for sending people either faked/falsified nasty remarks and claiming that they are hadith, or else they will quote a genuine hadith but deliberately interpret the meaning in a completely different way from the way it was intended.

Let me give you a prime example of this. One time I was arguing in an online chatroom with some Kafir who claimed that Islam is racist and even claimed that the Quran is racist. I knew that the claim is absurd but just for my amusement, I asked him to provide proof and a reference of a 'racist' verse in the Quran- knowing full well that I've looked through the entire Quran and nothing racist is in there. Anyway, he gave me a reference and I looked it up and it was a typical example of the Kafir's twisted ways. Sorry I can't remember the exact reference number (if any of you reading this know the reference then post it by all means), but it was basically an ayah of Quran regarding the Kafiroon, the rejectors of the Islamic message. The translation (as I do not understand Arabic) said that when the disbelievers are questioned about their disbelief and their sins, they will be asked, didn't a warner come to you so that you will be guided? Then their faces would "darken with shame"- this "darkness" was deliberately misquoted to pretend that the Quran was "racist". I could tell you that when my niece opens up her Eid present her "face lights up"- is that racist?

Also note that several of the quotes you have written in your OP quote Tabari, which indicates that the quotes are unlikely to be hadith (as hadith are normally quoted from Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmirdhi or Nisai).

I didn't read through your whole post but I read enough paragraphs to get an idea of what was going on. As someone else has already said, if the source of those quotes are wikiislam then assume they are false as it is also notorious for posting lies about Islam.

The one hadith that I recognised and appears to be genuine is the one about obeying the Islamic ruler even if he is a black Ethiopian with a head like a raisin. Yet again it means one thing, but is deliberately misinterpreted by the Kufaar to pretend it means something else. During the lifetime of the Prophet (saw) and Sahaba (ra), there were signs of racism in the Arab world (not among Muslims I'm referring to the preIslamic culture of the time) and signs that black skinned Ethiopians were viewed as lower status and inferior people partly because many of them were slaves and so their colour was associated with low status. This hadith refers to the fact that when a leader is pious and ruling by Islam then you should obey him even if he is a black Ethiopian with a head looking like a raisin- so his appearance as a black man from Ethiopia does not mean that his status is less than the light skinned Muslims or that he is unworthy of obedience as an Islamic leader merely because of his background. Ironically the statement is the opposite of racism and yet it is twisted by **** who attempt to mislead our brothers and sisters from Islam.

In practise, the first masjid built in Madina had Bilal (ra), a black Ethiopian former slave given the status of caller of the adhan, even though he had a speech impediment and he was a companion of the Prophet (saw). Luqman (as) was a black man and had a whole surah in the Quran dedicated to him and speaking well of his wisdom.

That's aside from the fact that the OP neglects to mention the many MANY ahadith of the Prophet (saw) that spoke out in very strong terms against racism and against colour prejudice. I can't be bothered to quote them all, but just look up the last sermon of the Prophet (saw) and I'm sure others on here will quote other hadith on that subject as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Akhi it sounds like you've been talking to a Kafir missionary and they are notorious for sending people either faked/falsified nasty remarks and claiming that they are hadith, or else they will quote a genuine hadith but deliberately interpret the meaning in a completely different way from the way it was intended.

Let me give you a prime example of this. One time I was arguing in an online chatroom with some Kafir who claimed that Islam is racist and even claimed that the Quran is racist. I knew that the claim is absurd but just for my amusement, I asked him to provide proof and a reference of a 'racist' verse in the Quran- knowing full well that I've looked through the entire Quran and nothing racist is in there. Anyway, he gave me a reference and I looked it up and it was a typical example of the Kafir's twisted ways. Sorry I can't remember the exact reference number (if any of you reading this know the reference then post it by all means), but it was basically an ayah of Quran regarding the Kafiroon, the rejectors of the Islamic message. The translation (as I do not understand Arabic) said that when the disbelievers are questioned about their disbelief and their sins, they will be asked, didn't a warner come to you so that you will be guided? Then their faces would "darken with shame"- this "darkness" was deliberately misquoted to pretend that the Quran was "racist". I could tell you that when my niece opens up her Eid present her "face lights up"- is that racist?

Also note that several of the quotes you have written in your OP quote Tabari, which indicates that the quotes are unlikely to be hadith (as hadith are normally quoted from Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmirdhi or Nisai).

I didn't read through your whole post but I read enough paragraphs to get an idea of what was going on. As someone else has already said, if the source of those quotes are wikiislam then assume they are false as it is also notorious for posting lies about Islam.

The one hadith that I recognised and appears to be genuine is the one about obeying the Islamic ruler even if he is a black Ethiopian with a head like a raisin. Yet again it means one thing, but is deliberately misinterpreted by the Kufaar to pretend it means something else. During the lifetime of the Prophet (saw) and Sahaba (ra), there were signs of racism in the Arab world (not among Muslims I'm referring to the preIslamic culture of the time) and signs that black skinned Ethiopians were viewed as lower status and inferior people partly because many of them were slaves and so their colour was associated with low status. This hadith refers to the fact that when a leader is pious and ruling by Islam then you should obey him even if he is a black Ethiopian with a head looking like a raisin- so his appearance as a black man from Ethiopia does not mean that his status is less than the light skinned Muslims or that he is unworthy of obedience as an Islamic leader merely because of his background. Ironically the statement is the opposite of racism and yet it is twisted by **** who attempt to mislead our brothers and sisters from Islam.

In practise, the first masjid built in Madina had Bilal (ra), a black Ethiopian former slave given the status of caller of the adhan, even though he had a speech impediment and he was a companion of the Prophet (saw). Luqman (as) was a black man and had a whole surah in the Quran dedicated to him and speaking well of his wisdom.

That's aside from the fact that the OP neglects to mention the many MANY ahadith of the Prophet (saw) that spoke out in very strong terms against racism and against colour prejudice. I can't be bothered to quote them all, but just look up the last sermon of the Prophet (saw) and I'm sure others on here will quote other hadith on that subject as well.

"You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
    this hadith is racist because it says that ethiopian(black) people head is just like a litle raisin,my head is not like a raisin....i think tha i'm as intelligent as the white people

[QUOTE=abubakarbristol;4712745]

you said: "Do you think that if your chief is ugly you should not obey him?

why are you saying this????? do you think that ethiopians are ugly?? somalis and ethiopians are not ugly we are as beautiful as arab people .....look thi somali women http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sjWtlWHshU...0/ubah%2Bc.jpg she is not ugly and her head does not look like a raisin

I think you're seeing something that isn't there. The Prophet (SAW) said that he heard Bilal's footsteps in Jannah. One of his mothers, Umm Ayman, was African. And her son, Usama, he treated him as if he was his own grandson. The Prophet (SAW) isn't a racist, nor are the hadiths mentioned above racist. It's actually quite clear if you read them.

wikiislam is known for being an anti-Islamic site, so if you want information go to reliable sheikhs and stay away from fitna like this.
    فباي الاء ربكما تكذبان

hmm...i smell a troll
    Alhamdulillah for everything

///////////////////////// cho09082489's Avatar

anyone who thinks the Prophet (pbuh) can be racist seriously needs to go and learn more about him and his relationships with people. you dont even bother to look at what these hadiths/ ayats mean, instead you're obsessed with colour. People try to give you some context and you couldn't care less. Possibly a troll.

I think he's a troll, he also asked this a couple of times on Yahoo Answers and it's been explained to him but he doesn't want to let it go :/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0085021AAuysVY

On that post he said " arab people have always hated black people and they started the slavery trade a lot of them are racist" :/

In the case he's not a troll, I think that Black history has made some topics and terms quite sensitive today, especially with the Arab slavery trade in Africa which was quite horrid

I know this hadith even though I haven't read the explanation, but considering that obviously the prophet was never a racist, he probably made this comparison "head like a raisin" because it was a comment often said at that time. So even this caracterstic is irrelevant. Allahu alem
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Quote Originally Posted by AKenno View Post
    I think he's a troll, he also asked this a couple of times on Yahoo Answers and it's been explained to him but he doesn't want to let it go :/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0085021AAuysVY

On that post he said " arab people have always hated black people and they started the slavery trade a lot of them are racist" :/
    i'm not a troll........i'm just asking a question but you can't explain me so you say that i'm a troll

i'm not a troll........i'm just asking a question but you can't explain me so you say that i'm a troll
    listen waryahee

the members here explained how the kaffir spread lies and false interpretataions of hadith , if it didn't make sense then you need to take ur questions to a scholar who can go to depth with you about certain things, u will do it if u have a great concern for ur deen as u claiming here.
    “My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

"You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
    this hadith is racist because it says that ethiopian(black) people head is just like a litle raisin,my head is not like a raisin....i think tha i'm as intelligent as the white people
    my husband is black eithiopian, he says the hadith is a fair description of some very elderly eithiopian people, as their skin becomes very wrinkled with age. the understanding of the hadith is that no matter if your leader is black ( as before islam some people used to look down on black people) or even if he is old and weak then you obey him.

islam wiped out racisim, i suggest u learn about islam from muslims, rather than from non muslims.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:35]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

There are No Racist Hadith's,

Clearly the thread starter needs to check themselves if they start having doubts at a mere claim by the Kuffar,

start with the First one, it is clearly against Racism, so is the second one, and the third

first one states, regardless of the Skin colour, even if they are Black slave, because they were looked upon by Jahil Arabs, we should listen to an Obey our Ruler.

no authentic Ahadith cited is Racist.

Islam is probably the Only Religion which has No Racist Teachings.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

[QUOTE=4 ever Somali;4714206]
    Quote Originally Posted by abubakarbristol View Post

why are you saying this????? do you think that ethiopians are ugly?? somalis and ethiopians are not ugly we are as beautiful as arab people .....look thi somali women http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sjWtlWHshU...0/ubah%2Bc.jpg she is not ugly and her head does not look like a raisin
    next time don't just post some non-mehrems picture to argue a point, you are committing a sin by doing so.

the Hadith is not Racist, your Nationalistic pride is preventing you from seeing the Truth.

READ the Hadith again,

go and learn what an exception is and come back ...

Don't twist what the Hadith says, it does not say Ethiopian people are Ugly, it states that there are Ethiopians with a Head like a Raisin,

theres nothing wrong with this statement.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by abubakarbristol View Post

I suggest that you read what I wrote, and not answer a point that you think I made.

If you can point out where I have said that all Ethiopians (or all Somalians or all anyone else) are ugly, then perhaps you might have a point. You won't be able to because I didn't write it and I don't think it.

You clearly have bought into the western version of racism that is promoted atm. To say that it is possible that one Ethiopian is ugly does not imply that any other or all Ethiopians are ugly.

Quite why you have a problem with the fact that it is possible that one Ethiopian chief might be ugly is an issue for yourself, and better that you address it, rather than attack others.

The woman has her hair uncovered, why are you showing this picture?
    Last edited by abubakarbristol; 03-06-12 at 06:44 AM.

I don't believe it was racist because #1 many ethiopians were taken as slaves of war in that area of the world and #2 there is a history of enmity that existed back then between the Arabs and Abbissinia. The Axum used to rule over areas of Yemen and Abraha who appointed himself the king of Yemen and tried to destroy the Kaaba was Habesha.
    ^ in reference to the Ethiopian Raisin head hadith.
    Last edited by purple89; 03-06-12 at 07:49 AM.