Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

 

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Dua in sujood

  1. #1
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Power
    43

    Dua in sujood

    after 'subhana rabi al 'ala' 3 times, can we say a dua? if so, can the dua be about anything?

  2. #2
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood



    No.

    You can say Duaa in Sujood after the salaah has ended.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  3. #3
    Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Dua in sujood

    source?

    are you talking about a spoken aloud dua or something only thought without speaking?

  4. #4
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    ↑You're talking to me?
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  5. #5
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post


    No.

    You can say Duaa in Sujood after the salaah has ended.


    are u sure.....because i think i heard otherwise brother

  6. #6
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Maybe, you misunderstood.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  7. #7
    Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    ↑You're talking to me?
    yes.

  8. #8

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Ummul Momineen `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:
    The Messenger of Allah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to recite
    in his bowing and prostration:

    "Subbuhun Quddusun, Rabbul-mala'ikati war-ruh

    [ Sahih Muslim ].

  9. #9
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by lutonguy View Post
    yes.
    Spoken aloud Dua'a. You can't make personal Dua's in sujood.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  10. #10
    Odan yassin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,700
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post


    No.

    You can say Duaa in Sujood after the salaah has ended.
    I think you could be mistaken. Or perhaps it is the Madhab you are following they do not do it, but i have
    heard the same as others that you can ask Allah (swt) while in Sujood after reading Subhanrabi al-Alaa, so
    yes during Salah.

    The question i have not got a answer to yet is does the Dua have to be in Arabic (while in sujood/salah) in order to be valid or can it be in any language?
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)


    The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

  11. #11
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Can you post a reference?

    And, I don't think you can say anything in salaah that's not Arabic.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  12. #12
    Senior Member miqdadhasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Dua in sujood

    would like to know also i know some imams stay down for a while in sujood especially in tahajud salah as for fardh salah im not sure. I know my self I have made duas during tahajud salah in sujood will ask imam today at fajr if he has time

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Dua in sujood

    You have to be very careful when you say no to an question, if you don't for a fact know what is right and what is wrong.mirror.


    Yes you can make dua, on both worldly and the life hereafter,.there are so many evidence that proves that it is allowed to make dua when you pray.

    I think I have read som where that if you can speak Arabic it is best you do it in Arabic, but if you dont, you can make the dua in any language you wish. (but this i am not sue of)

    You can of cause only make dua to halal things,.



    We Allahu Aleem



    There's a long fatwa on islamqa.com
    If you wish I will post it, but you can go to the web page yourself and search for "Saying du’aa’ during prayer asking to marry a certain man"


    Insah Allah

  14. #14
    14 yearz old :P AkhRidz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Here is the islamqa fatwa: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/105282/Sa...0certain%20man

    Is it permissible for me to say du’aa’ whilst praying asking to marry a certain man?.

    Praise be to Allaah.
    Firstly:

    The majority of Maaliki and Shaafa’i fuqaha’, and some Hanbalis, are of the view that it is permissible to say du’aa’ in prayer asking for various worldly needs, which the worshipper wants to ask for and that he needs, such as if he prays to get married or for provision or success and so on.

    They quoted as evidence for that the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught the Sahaabah the Tashahhud, then he said at the end of it: “Then let him choose whatever supplications he wishes.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5876) and Muslim (402).

    Ibn Abi Shaybah narrated in al-Musannaf (1/331) that al-Hasan and al-Sha’bi said:

    Ask during your prayer for whatever you want. End quote.

    It says in al-Mudawwanah (1/192):

    Maalik said: There is nothing wrong with a man praying for all his needs in the prescribed prayers, for his needs in this world and in the Hereafter, when standing, sitting and prostrating. He said: Maalik told me that ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr said: I heard from him that he said: I ask Allaah for all my needs when praying, even for salt. End quote.

    The Hanafis and most of the Hanbalis disagreed with that and said that it is not permissible to say du’aa’ asking for worldly things when praying, rather they said that the prayer of one who says du’aa’ in it asking for any of that is invalidated.

    It says in al-Insaaf (1/81-82), which is a Hanbali book:

    With regard to saying du’aa’ in words other than those which are narrated (from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)), and which do not have to do with the Hereafter, the view of our madhhab is that it is not permissible to say such du’aa’s whilst praying, and the prayer is invalidated thereby. This is the view of most of our companions.

    It was also narrated from him – i.e. Imam Ahmad – that it is permissible to say du’aa’ asking for one’s worldly needs, and it is permissible to say du’aa’ asking for one’s worldly needs and pleasures, such as saying: O Allaah, bless me with a beautiful wife and a green suit and a comfortable mount and so on. End quote.

    It says in al-Fataawa al-Hindiyyah (1/100), which is a Hanafi book:

    If he says: O Allaah, bless me with So and so (a woman), then the correct view is that it invalidates the prayer, because this wording is also used among people (in day-to-day speech). End quote.

    See: Fath al-Baari (1/319) and Nasab al-Raayah (1/558).

    They learned that from a number of the salaf (early generation), and Ibn Abi Shaybah narrated from them in al-Musannaf (1/332) that they regarded it as mustahabb to say du’aa’ in obligatory prayers quoting Qur’aan only. Indeed it was narrated from Ibn ‘Awn that Muhammad said: It was regarded as makrooh to say du’aa’ in prayer concerning any matter of this world.

    It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (20/265-266):

    The Hanafis and Hanbalis say: It is Sunnah to say du’aa’ in the final tashahhud after sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying things that resemble the wording of the Qur’aan or the wording of the Sunnah, and it is not permissible to say du’aa’ in words that resemble the speech of people, such as saying: O Allaah, marry me to So and so, or give me such and such an amount of gold and silver and positions.

    The Maalikis and Shaafa’is are of the view that it is Sunnah to say du’aa’ after the Tashahhud and before saying the salaam, asking for the best of religious and worldly things, but it is not permissible to say du’aa’ asking for anything haraam or impossible or conditional. If a person says du’aa’ asking for any such thing then his prayer is invalidated, and it is best to say du’aa’ using words that are mentioned in reports. End quote.

    The correct view is the view of the Maalikis and Shaafa’is, because of the strength of their evidence, and because of the weakness of the evidence quoted by those who hold the other opinion.

    Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (3/454):

    Our view is that it is permissible to say du’aa’ in prayer for that which it is permissible to ask for outside of prayer, of religious and worldly matters. So one may say: O Allaah, bless me with good (halaal) earnings, and a child, and a house, and a beautiful wife, describing her, or: O Allaah, set So and so free from prison, and destroy So and so, and the like, and his prayer is not invalidated by any of that in our view.

    This was the view of Maalik, al-Thawri, Abu Thawr and Ishaaq.

    Abu Haneefah and Ahmad said it is not permissible to say any du’aa’ except those that are mentioned in reports and are in accordance with Qur’aan.

    They quoted as evidence the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “This prayer is not the right place for any of the people’s speech, rather it is tasbeeh, takbeer and recitation of Qur’aan” (narrated by Muslim), by analogy with returning greetings and saying Yarhamuk Allaah to one who sneezes.

    Our companions quoted as evidence the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “As for prostration, strive hard in du’aa’ therein.”

    The command to say du’aa’ is general in meaning, and was not restricted, so it applies to everything that is called du’aa’.

    And because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said du’aa’ at various points (in the prayer), which indicates that there is no restrictions on that.

    In al-Saheehayn, in the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him), it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said at the end of the tashahhud: “Then let him choose whatever supplications he likes or wishes”.

    According to a report narrated by Abu Hurayrah: “Then let him pray for himself as he sees fit.” Al-Nasaa’i said: Its isnaad is saheeh.

    It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Qunoot: “O Allaah, save al-Waleed ibn al-Waleed and ‘Ayyaash ibn Abi Rabee’ah and Salamah ibn Hishaam, and the believers who are weak and oppressed. O Allaah, punish Mudar severely and send upon them a famine like the famine of Yoosuf.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

    In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O Allaah, curse Ri’l and Dhakwaan and ‘Usayyah who disobeyed Allaah and His Messenger.” These were Arab tribes.

    There are many other ahaadeeth that are similar to those which we have quoted here. Furthermore, the du’aa’ is not part of people’s day-to-day speech.

    With regard to saying Yarhamuk Allaah to one who sneezes and returning salaams, these are words that are addressed to another human being, unlike du’aa’. And Allaah knows best. End quote.

    Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Sharh al-Mumti’ (3/283):

    The apparent meaning of the author’s words – meaning Imam Moosa al-Hijjaawi, who was one of the Hanbalis – is that he should not say du’aa’ using words other than those which were narrated, so he should not ask for any worldly matter such as saying: O Allaah, bless me with a spacious house, or O Allaah, bless me with a beautiful wife, or O Allaah, bless me with a lot of wealth, or O Allaah, bless me with a comfortable car, and so on – because this has to do with worldly matters. Some of the fuqaha’ (may Allaah have mercy on them) even said: If he asks for something that has to do with worldly matters, then his prayer is invalidated.

    But this is undoubtedly a weak view.

    But the correct view is that there is nothing wrong with asking for things that have to do with worldly matters, because du’aa’ in itself is an act of worship, even if it is asking for worldly things, and man has nowhere to turn but to Allaah. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The closest that a slave is to his Lord is when he is prostrating” and he said, “As for prostration, say a great deal of du’aa’ in it, because it is more likely that you will receive a response.” And according to the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood, when he spoke of the Tashahhud, he said: “Then let him choose whatever supplications he wishes.” A person is never turning to Allaah as fully as he is in prayer, so how can we say Do not ask Allaah, when you are praying, for anything that you need of worldly things! This is very unlikely.

    So the correct view is undoubtedly that he may ask after the Tashahhud for whatever he wishes of good in this world and in the Hereafter. End quote.

    The point is that there is nothing wrong with saying du’aa’ asking to get married to a particular man – if he is righteous and good – although it is always better to use concise and eloquent du’aa’s and those that were narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). See the answer to question no. 5236, 6585 and 75058.

    Secondly:

    Moreover – although we have ruled that it is permissible for you to say du’aa’ in your prayer asking to get married to a particular man – we advise you, from a psychological point of view, not to go to extremes in thinking about this matter. Marriage is decreed by Allaah, and by His mercy to mankind He has given them ample provision and made them independent of means, and has not limited marriage to one particular man, rather He has connected it to conditions of good character and religious commitment, so when these conditions are met, the Muslim should accept it.

    The Muslim who believes in the will and decree of Allaah (al-qada’ wa’l-qadar) believes that Allaah is wise in all that He commands and does, and that He may ward off from a person the bad that he wants, strives for and prays for, because He knows that the best is in something else. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

    “it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know”

    [al-Baqarah 2:216].

    The slogan of the Muslim in this matter is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in du’aa’ al-istikhaarah: “and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1162).

    We hope that this matter will not take up more space in your heart and mind than it deserves. There are many – praise be to Allaah – who are of good character and religiously committed. We ask Allaah to ordain good for you wherever it may be and to make you pleased with what He decrees for you.

    And Allaah knows best.

    Islam Q&A


    Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

    Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]



  15. #15
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    You all are correct, I was wrong.


    Walaikum assalam,

    It is valid to make dua in prayer, including in prostration, unless one is the Imam, because of the command not to lengthen one's prayer.

    Two points, though:

    1. One should only make dua after having made a minimum of 3 tasbihs (saying Subhana Rabbi al-A`la), because the latter is a strong confirmed sunna.

    2. One should only use supplications from the Qur'an and Sunna, or ask for things that one could only ask Allah for.


    So, apologies.

    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  16. #16
    Striving for Jannah muslimah092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Dua in sujood

    ^^ Not a problem brother . Jazakallah khair for sharing and re-emphasizing on whether or not it's allowed. I've always supplicated during sujood after the 3 tasbihs,and wondered whether it was ok or not. And I often make dua after the complete salah too. It's good to know that it's allowed.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by muslimah092 View Post
    ^^ Not a problem brother . Jazakallah khair for sharing and re-emphasizing on whether or not it's allowed. I've always supplicated during sujood after the 3 tasbihs,and wondered whether it was ok or not. And I often make dua after the complete salah too. It's good to know that it's allowed.
    But can we make dua in English or does that invalidate the Salah?

  18. #18
    Odan
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,965
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: Dua in sujood

    My understanding is that the dua is in fact allowed after the 3 tasbih, There is no 'rule' on the dua so if you want to have your sins forgiven you can simply say 'Y'Allah forgive my sins' and not dua in the way some Imams say from quranic ayats then the request

    Obviously you cannot ask for the haraam, so winning the lottery isnt valid

    Allah knows best

  19. #19
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    You all are correct, I was wrong.


    Walaikum assalam,

    It is valid to make dua in prayer, including in prostration, unless one is the Imam, because of the command not to lengthen one's prayer.

    Two points, though:

    1. One should only make dua after having made a minimum of 3 tasbihs (saying Subhana Rabbi al-A`la), because the latter is a strong confirmed sunna.

    2. One should only use supplications from the Qur'an and Sunna, or ask for things that one could only ask Allah for.


    So, apologies.

    Also, about the imam not making duas, this is in the obligatory prayers.

  20. #20
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by lulolala123 View Post
    But can we make dua in English or does that invalidate the Salah?
    You can make Dua'a in any language after the salaah.

    Quote Originally Posted by pickaname View Post
    Also, about the imam not making duas, this is in the obligatory prayers.
    Not sure what you're referring to.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  21. #21
    Odan
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,965
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    You can make Dua'a in any language after the salaah.



    Not sure what you're referring to.
    and during is my understanding, in sujood after the tasbih.
    and in Istikharah

  22. #22
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    In salaah it should be in Arabic, as far as I know.

    wallahu Alam.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  23. #23
    Odan
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,965
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    In salaah it should be in Arabic, as far as I know.

    wallahu Alam.
    My understanding is that the salah and teh tasbih etc has to be in arabic, the personal dua is permissable in the native tongue. Of course if you speak/understand arabic then you should use it

    I remember when I went to Hajj and the question of reciting dua's in arabic was raised, the answer was along the lines of that it is preferred in arabic and recommended that you understand what the duas you read are.

  24. #24
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    1) Is the best time to ask dua from Allah (SWT) in the Sajdah of Salaah since that?s where they are closest to Allah (swt)? I heard one may only make Dua in ARABIC in the sajda?s of Nafl salaah only.

    1. One may make du?aa in the Sajda of Nafl Salaat only in Arabic.


    AskImam

    Wallahu Alam.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  25. #25
    Odan
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,965
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    1) Is the best time to ask dua from Allah (SWT) in the Sajdah of Salaah since that?s where they are closest to Allah (swt)? I heard one may only make Dua in ARABIC in the sajda?s of Nafl salaah only.

    1. One may make du?aa in the Sajda of Nafl Salaat only in Arabic.


    AskImam

    Wallahu Alam.
    is this specific to nafl salah? my understanding is dua is permissable in any salah

    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

    It is permissible to make du’aa’ in Arabic and in languages other than Arabic. Allaah knows the intention of the supplicant and what he wants, no matter what language he speaks, because He hears all the voices in all different languages, asking for all kinds of needs.

    Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/488-489.

  26. #26
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Not sure about others, but I posted the Hanafi opinion.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  27. #27
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    You can make Dua'a in any language after the salaah.
    Actually, there appears to be a difference of opinion here. I always thought only arabic was the majority opinion, but Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid disagrees.

    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11588
    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/3471

    Not sure what you're referring to.
    I was referring to where it says in your post that the imam should not make dua in prostration due to the command not to lengthen one's prayer. It applies to obligatory prayers, but in voluntary prayers like taraweeh, imam can lengthen prayers and make dua even in prostration.


    About some other posts, some scholars say that the prophet made dua in prostration only in nafl prayers, so they recommend duas to be made just in nafl prayers.
    Last edited by pickaname; 25-08-12 at 10:21 AM.

  28. #28
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43,026
    Rep Power
    676

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by pickaname View Post
    I was referring to where it says in your post that the imam should not make dua in prostration due to the command not to lengthen one's prayer. It applies to obligatory prayers, but in voluntary prayers like taraweeh, imam can lengthen prayers and make dua even in prostration.
    Where'd you read that?
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  29. #29
    Odan yassin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,700
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Dua in sujood

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    You all are correct, I was wrong.


    Walaikum assalam,

    It is valid to make dua in prayer, including in prostration, unless one is the Imam, because of the command not to lengthen one's prayer.

    Two points, though:

    1. One should only make dua after having made a minimum of 3 tasbihs (saying Subhana Rabbi al-A`la), because the latter is a strong confirmed sunna.

    2. One should only use supplications from the Qur'an and Sunna, or ask for things that one could only ask Allah for.


    So, apologies.

    Where are you posting this from man? Are you sure about this ??

    What is the meaning of "ask for things that one could only ask Allah for", we are only supposed to ask Allah for all our needs in the first place ?

    I wish brothers/sisters would not post fatwas without giving their source/website/link.

    It gets very confusing when you are following one thing and then someone says the opposite.
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)


    The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop | AlJazeera Live, MBC Live, Makkah Live : Treasure of The Scholars