Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

R u Sunni? Shia? Wahaabi? 73 Sects in Islam?

Assalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters,

As we all know, there are many different sects in Islam. Which one is right? We all hope and pray that we are from the right sect, right? Well, recently, I found a talk by Br.Zakir naik which adresses this issue and I wanted to share it with you all. Hope it will help

Here is the transcript of his talk:

"Surah chapter3:verse #3, Allah says:Hold to the rope of Allah strongly and be not divided.We have to hold to the rope of Allah and the rope of Allah is the Glorious Quran and the authentic and the authentic saheeh Hadith. Allah says, in SUrah Al A'naam chapter. 6. verse 159, that anyone who makes division in the religion of Islam or prophet has nothing to do with him.Making sects, making divisions in Islam is prohibited. It is haraam. But when we ask a muslim "what r u" some say " iam a hanafi" some say "iam a shaafi". What was the Prophet? A hanafi? A shaafi? what was he?Allah says in Quran surah Al Imraan chapter #3 V.52 Isa alaihissalam (jesus christ)[PBUH], he was a muslim. Allah says in Quran Surah Al imran chapter 3:verse 67 , that Ibrahim alaihissalaam [PBUH] was a muslim.Allah says in the Quran Surah Fussilat Chapter 41:verse 33, who is better than speech than one who invites to the way of Lord, works righteousness, and says that I am a muslim.Our beloved Prophet[PBUH] was a muslim. Allah(swt) has told usto call ourselves as muslims.There cannot be a better label than muslim.See all these four great Imams : imam Abu hanifah, imam shaafi, imaam Ahmed(sorry i couldnt hear his name completely),Imam malik. may Allah be pleased with them all.They were great scholars . I love them. I respect them all.But all these great scholars said that if u any of my fatwah that goes against Allah and his rasool then u throw away my fatwah.So all these imams came not to make a new sect but for teh people to go back to the original scripture the QURAN and THE SAHEEH HADEETH. So what we ahve to realise that there are people who say that there is a hadeeth in which Prophet sais there will be 73 sects.(Hadeeth #171).the prophet said there will be 73 sects. prophet didnt say u should make.So the best is to go bak to Allah and rasool and call urself a muslim"

This is the best I could hear from his talk. I apologize for any mistakes. You can find this talk on youtube

So brothers and Sisters, we have to stop labeling ourselves as sunni, shias or wahaabis and start labeling ourselves as just Muslims. Lets stop looking down on other Muslims just because they don't belong to your so called sect

May Allah(swt) always guide us on the right path, erase hatred for each other from our hearts, and unite us all
    Ameen,
    JazakAllahu khair

Re: R u Sunni? Shia? Wahaabi? 73 Sects in Islam?

Being a muslim isn't a label. Just because someone calls them self a muslim it doesn't mean they are. It's all about whats in the heart and only Allah ta'aala knows.

Account Disabled

Sunni

Muslim

<-Muslim, Servant of Allah, Member of Muhammad(Salallahu alayhi wasalam) Ummah. One Quran, one sunnah!

Just because someone calls them self a muslim it doesn't mean they are. It's all about whats in the heart.

I'm a muslim from no one's sect

Just because someone calls them self a muslim it doesn't mean they are. It's all about whats in the heart.
    the right to judge "muslim or not" only belongs to Allah alone