Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Haram Beverages

Lightbulb Haram Beverages

OK, Brothers and sisters, this thread was made cause i want to understand and make it clear if all of those non-alcoholic beer drinks do actually contain beer because it is sure that many of them contain at least 0.5% of beer and there is an article on Wikipedia about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-alcohol_beer i am 12 years old so you might not believe me but i have been looking into it a lot and 95% of the research i have done tells me those drinks do contain beer. Also i am not sure if Coca-Cola and Pepsi contain what they say, some say it contains parts of a pig, and some say it contains beer, so i don't know for sure that's why this thread is here so that we can all discuss about these beverages

sub-tropical semi-desert island city state of the two seas

Re: Haram Beverages

there's two different kinds of products:

beer that's had the alcohol removed - this is haram. it's called beer on the bottle, because it's beer, just they use a process to remove the alcohol

a drink that tastes rather like beer made from malt, and is more like malt flavoured fizzy water - this is halal, it's never been beer and it's never had alcohol in it. it says "non-alcoholic malt beverage" on the bottle, it will not call itself beer as it's not beer. It is no different to other soft drinks, apart from the fact they tried to make the flavour a bit like beer and it comes in a beer-like bottle. It's on sale in Saudi Arabia, where bringing beer into the country is a crime punishable by death (beheading).

For more details about why beer with the alcohol removed is haram, see various fatwas. but the non-alcoholic malt beverage is halal because it's not and never has been beer and never has contained any alcohol and is made with all halal ingredients

Thanks for your reply, but you cant be so sure, they found the king of Saudi Arabia with a whole bunch of beer being shipped from other places to him i swear to Allah it is true, so Saudi Arabic has nothing to do with it they are no scientists, they bring scientists from America and the scientists test it and lie to them so that the Muslims drink alcohol. It is clear that all malt drinks are even made in the same buckets or what ever you call them as the beer, why would they take a lot of work to extract it why not make it from scratch without beer, it must contain at least 0.1% beer otherwise the taste is not there, and how would you know that it doesn't taste like beer? have you tasted real beer? In the sayings of the prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) he said that if a lot is haram than a little is haram, because a lot contains a lot of a little, simply meaning that a bottle full of beer can contain lets say about a liter of alcohol lets just say that, then it will contain many small parts of beer put into each other

If you are Not sure that a Drink has No Khamr/Alcohol then avoid it for your own safety bro,

“That which is Halaal is clear and that which is Haraam is clear, and between the two of them are ambiguous (mutashabihat) matters about which many people do not know. Thus he who avoids ambiguous matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honour, but he who falls into ambiguous matters (eventually) falls into that which is Haraam, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allaah’s sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh, which, if it be whole, all the body is whole, and which, if it is diseased, all of (the body) is diseased. Truly, it is the heart.

[Related by al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

That is what i was looking for thanks for giving it to me, i use that for every thing that has no solid evidence, just like some people say that cutting the beards is halal and some say you cant, so i tell them that if your not sure just leave your beard to grow because its clear that its not haram to leave your beard, so thanks for reminding me.

jazkhallah khair I have posted it before. actually it better to post it again some may still think its halal here is what the malaysia islamic authority have to see after been tested in their labs.

Don’t drink halal beer, Muslims told

PADANG SERAI (Malaysia): Muslims in the country have been advised against drinking a type of beer claimed to be “halal” (permissible) by the distributor company because the beverage contains alcohol content higher than permitted by Islamic law.

Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Jamil Khir Baharom said the company’s claim that the beer contained only 0.01 per cent of alcohol was not true as a laboratory test showed up 0.5 per cent of alcohol.

He said the Islamic Development Department of Malaysia (Jakim) and the state Islamic affairs councils would prohibit the sale of the beverage to Muslims.

Supplier: We didn't say it's 'halal beer'

KUALA LUMPUR: The supplier of a non-alcoholic beverage which has been linked to the "halal beer" dispute wants retailers to stop promoting the drink as such to avoid further confusion.

Suria Wholesaler has claimed that its malt beverage, Barbican, imported from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, has been sold here for eight years and does not contain alcohol.

"We have never marketed Barbican or other beverages as 'halal beer'. Barbican is a malt beverage.

"The alcohol content in Barbican is nil. Barbican has been sold in Arab countries, especially in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, for the past 25 years.

"The word 'beer' is not even on the product," said its director Ahmad al-Yatem.

It was reported on Tuesday that samples of a "halal beer" tested by the Islamic Development Department of Malaysia (Jakim) showed that it contained 0.5 per cent alcohol. The permissible level is below 0.01 per cent.

Jakim also said it had never issued halal certificates for such beverages because they did not meet the 1500:2009 halal standards.

The halal certificate by Jakim is the standard document for all halal food products in the country.

Ahmad claimed that Barbican had halal certification from the Islamic Food Research Centre Malaysia and Asia Region (IFRC) and had been checked by the Royal Malaysian Customs Department.

"We welcome Malaysian authorities to test our products. We are Muslims and we care for our customers. We will not sell anything that is haram."

Meanwhile, in Terengganu, Satiman Jamin reported regular consumers of another brand of non-alcoholic beverage were shocked when they saw a report that the beverage had alcohol.

“We will consult the Royal Customs Department to seek more information on the matter,” he told reporters yesterday evening.

A newspaper had reported yesterday that the “halal” beer was popular among Muslims and its sale was detected by the Johor Islamic Affairs Department (JAIJ) recently.

The daily had quoted a source as saying that JAIJ took samples of the beverage and found that the drink was produced from various fruit flavours and the alcohol content was 0.5 per cent.

JAIJ then asked Jakim and the Customs Department to take appropriate action, including stopping the sale of the beverage, if necessary.

The newspaper quoted Johor Mufti Mohd Tahrir Samsuddin as saying that the National Fatwa Council had decided that the permissible alcohol content in food and drinks according to Islamic law was under 0.01 per cent.

He had said that ulama (religious scholars) agreed to set the alcohol content at that quantity as they felt that the amount could form naturally in food and drinks.

The “halal” beer, imported from an Islamic country in the Middle East, is available in cafes in Malaysia and is selling for between RM3 and RM5 per bottle.

“In a situation of uncertainty, I wish to advise Muslims to stop consuming the beverage so as not to get trapped in a confusing situation,” he said.

- Bernama
    O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted . (Recite in Arabic upon rising in the morning.)

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

If the alcohol is evaporated from the alcoholic drink then it should be consumable by us. Alcohol is volatile, so there would be no trace remaining. Surely the term 'beer' is used as a selling product. For example 'Ginger Beer' is definately allowed. I admit, there are two classes of non'alcoholic drinks - those that state 0% alcohol (which should be drinkable) and those that read 0.5% alcohol (which we ought to avoid).

Don't forget, the baking of bread is a fermentation process, in which alcohol is produced with the carbon dioxide. The alcohol evaporates.

Even if the alcohol there is a small trace of alcohol, and the prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) said that if a lot is haram than the minimum is haram too because it is made up of the minimum, we are to be staying away from anything that has alcohol, once i forgot who, but somebody in islam had a problem in his legs that he needed them to be cut off, so the doctors told him that we will give some alcohol to make you dose off but he said no, do it when i am praying. so that proves that we should stay away from it.

What about Ginger Beer?

Gingeer Beer is halal, when teh drink used to be made at home a century ago it used to contain alcohol, the only haram ginger beer is the original one made by Crabbies as it does contain alcohol. You are safe drinking the soft drink ginger beer from supermarkets, as I also drink them as do do not contain any alcohol.

I don't know about ginger beer cause i hardly see it in Egypt and i also never drink it, I only know that root beer is halal.

Quote Originally Posted by Londoner1 View Post
    Gingeer Beer is halal, when teh drink used to be made at home a century ago it used to contain alcohol, the only haram ginger beer is the original one made by Crabbies as it does contain alcohol. You are safe drinking the soft drink ginger beer from supermarkets, as I also drink them as do do not contain any alcohol.
    Was the alcohol removed or it never had it?

The alchohol was never in it but the name stayed as beer.

Funnies, a few years back:

1) My wife brought a friend around with her kids, she gave them some gingerr beer in cans, the kid saw the word beer on it and became agitated saying 'Look, beer!". His mum said its alchol free as its the soft drink beer.

2) Some Mufti from India came around to our area in Ramadhan to stay at a mosque , his entourage were invited to our house for dinner after Ramadhan, he had never tased ginger beer before and noticed the word 'beer' on the can, it was explained to him its just a name as the drink is a soft drink with ginger extracts, he then used to refer to the drink as beer.
    Last edited by Londoner1; 11-05-12 at 01:57 PM.

Thats good to hear. JazakaAllah khair

I have recently found out that fayrouz the drink is halal, the company says so, http://fayrouzinternational.com/?page_id=66

It is most alcoholic because there is 0.1% but it says 0.0 because they think that its allowed to drink if 0.1