Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Theory of evolution

Assalamualaikum, this is a doubt that has been stuck in my head for a long time. So i help my muslim brothers and sisters here can help me clear it.
    Can anyone explain to me why us muslims think the theory of evolution is fake, i mean there is so much evidence supporting the theory(like fossils etc) and the evidence just keeps adding up!
    And don't tell its fake for no reason because why would the majority of the scientists in the world make up a theory like this, also so far i haven't heard a single muslim scientist say that it's fake(the only ones who say that are muslim scholars, who have very little knowledge about science , since they specialize in teaching islam)
    Also if it was true why do people think it will go against Islam, maybe this is how Allah created us, in this process.

And finally a small question to add why is islam and science apart, i mean forget the golden age of islam for now that is past. But these days its seems like we are against Science on many theories.
    Another theory being conservation of energy i mean if we dont believe that energy cannot be created nor destroyed then how do we apply this law(have people stopped to think that maybe Allah made it like this, that energy will remain the same)
    JazakAllah Khair

1.68%er's

Re: Theory of evolution

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSheik View Post
    Assalamualaikum, this is a doubt that has been stuck in my head for a long time. So i help my muslim brothers and sisters here can help me clear it.
    Can anyone explain to me why us muslims think the theory of evolution is fake, i mean there is so much evidence supporting the theory(like fossils etc) and the evidence just keeps adding up!
    And don't tell its fake for no reason because why would the majority of the scientists in the world make up a theory like this, also so far i haven't heard a single muslim scientist say that it's fake(the only ones who say that are muslim scholars, who have very little knowledge about science , since they specialize in teaching islam)
    Also if it was true why do people think it will go against Islam, maybe this is how Allah created us, in this process.

And finally a small question to add why is islam and science apart, i mean forget the golden age of islam for now that is past. But these days its seems like we are against Science on many theories.
    Another theory being conservation of energy i mean if we dont believe that energy cannot be created nor destroyed then how do we apply this law(have people stopped to think that maybe Allah made it like this, that energy will remain the same)
    JazakAllah Khair
    Because Adam AS was human.

I'll try reply to you in full tomorrow Insha'Allah if a Brother hasn't cleared it up already. Right now i'm tired and will need to sleep soon Insha'Allah.

For now though, how many things have shown u towards Islam? How many proofs are there? Something like this should hardly budge your Imaan.
    Last edited by .Kid.; 03-05-12 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishKid View Post
    Because Adam AS was human.

I'll try reply to you in full tomorrow Insha'Allah if a Brother hasn't cleared it up already. Right now i'm tired and will need to sleep soon Insha'Allah.

For now though, how many things have shown u towards Islam? How many proofs are there? Something like this should hardly budge your Imaan.
    Okay JazakAllah Khair, theory of evolution has nothing to do with my Imaan :P I just want to know how people still call it fake when there is a lot of evidence for it, i just cant understand. I mean if its fake why are there fossils, proving this theory. For now get some rest ^_^

It's mainly due to a lack of understanding of what evolution is, what it says and how it works. Some of that comes from guys like Harun Yahya and Zakir Naik, who, from what I've seen, don't understand it either. I believe that Adam [a.s] was the first man, so I don't trust the notion that humans evolved from other primates as accurate. Learning about scientific truths only increases my faith, though; I don't see how it couldn't, if we are following a true religion.

1. Conspiracy by scientists to make everyone atheist.
    2. Fossils are hoaxes, this is well known and established.
    3. Evolution is just a theory.
    4. If the earth is billions of years old, why is it the year 2012?
    5. If we are descended from monkeys why are there still monkeys?
    6. It is no coincidence that the pious disbelieve evolution and scientists believe it.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSheik View Post

JazakAllah Khair
    Brother Solid
    There is evidence to support evolution, if I recall correctly it was a Muslim Scientist who was amongst the first to observe these phenomena. Perhaps some research into Al-Jahiz, Ibn Miskawayh, Abu Rayhan Biruni, Nasir al-Din Tusi and Ibn Khaldun might indicate that there is a strong tradition of evolutionary thought amongst Muslim Scholars and Scientists.

It is then a question of where the proof ends and the extrapolation begins; there are big holes in most evolutionary theories simply because there is not enough data available to prove or disprove them.