Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

conjugating arabic verbs?

i've been looking for some good sources on this, and amazingly i keep coming up with websites for programmers that are trying to write translation programs. .... but i just cant find the information i'm looking for.

specifically, the prefixing of words with miim. whether it be 'ma,' 'mu,' or 'mi,' (is there any others? i'm looking for the specific rules for these prefixes as they relate to classical/quranic arabic.

any help would be greatly appreciated
    Please Re-update your Signature

erm...do you mean like when you put meem on the beginning of a word and it gives it the meaning of "someone who does something" eg mualim, or "a place where something is done" eg masjid...(i know thats nouns not verbs)
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

yes, thats what i mean. .... i've seen some verb roots turn into nouns with different prefixes, like you showed .... i'm looking for the rules for prefixing with miim. in regards to classical/quranic arabic only. (just in case theres a difference with modern arabic.)
    Please Re-update your Signature