Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

3 weeks off school

My son wants to go abroad with my mum for a holiday he's really excited but it would mean he's taking 3 weeks off school, the main reason I want him to go is to strengthen the Arabic language and also to see how the life style is over there.

3 weeks off is it worth it??

I'm indecisive !!!!
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Odan

Re: 3 weeks off school

Quote Originally Posted by RaineR View Post
    My son wants to go abroad with my mum for a holiday he's really excited but it would mean he's taking 3 weeks off school, the main reason I want him to go is to strengthen the Arabic language and also to see how the life style is over there.

3 weeks off is it worth it??

I'm indecisive !!!!
    Depends on how old he is. My niece just came back from Pakistan yesterday after a month. She's in Gr.1 and missed three weeks of school (one week was march break).
    Last edited by MoMo.; 25-04-12 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo. View Post
    Depends on how old he is. My neice just came back from Pakistan yesterday after a month. She's in Gr.1 and missed three weeks of school (one week was march break).
    He's in year 4 so he's 9
    I haven't told the school yet lol
    Mum suggested not to let school know or tell them last min
    It is occupied-palestine

Odan

He's in year 4 so he's 9
    I really don't know. Thats a pretty big grade. If his studies are fine then let him go i guess. Its up to you. You're his mum not me lol :/

He's in year 4 so he's 9
    Allahu alam, but dont u need to get permission from the school to take them on holiday during term time ? u should find out otherwise can end up in a lot of hotwater with social services. i know someone just had loads of hassle because they took their family back home for an extra 5 weeks during term time and the kids missed school.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

I think sometimes you can learn more from travelling, interacting with different people and having to deal with different situations that arise on the spot......life skills

Hmmm the schools only give 2 weeks authorised leave. Make you sure check properly, and dont get yourself fined but each local authority is different.

Nonetheless it will be a nice time out for you as well Insha'allah Hope all is well.
    Last edited by Jenicca; 25-04-12 at 12:16 PM.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Iman Builder - Trainee

Wouldn't it be better if you sent him some time in the school holidays, seen as they are not far from us now?

Whilst travelling is beneficial, if it means that your son starts to lag behind in the curriculum, it is very hard to catch up again, and this will place him at a disadvantage in the later years..

Something to think about....
    وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
    Al Baqarah : Verse 13

This is a very weird coincidence :/ the school just called, he's not well gotta go pick him up
    It is occupied-palestine

Odan

This is a very weird coincidence :/ the school just called, he's not well gotta go pick him up
    Subhan'Allah. He is fine, Insha'Allah.

Thats a long time. Do it, no don't, do it, no don't, I hope that was helpful.

What happend?? hope it wasn't the lunch you gave him, shame.

could your mum change her hol dates so it coincides with school holidays? or so he only has to take minimal time off?

also discuss it with the school and see what their policy is

I really don't know. Thats a pretty big grade. If his studies are fine then let him go i guess. Its up to you. You're his mum not me lol :/
    Yea this is why I'm indecisive !!

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    Allahu alam, but dont u need to get permission from the school to take them on holiday during term time ? u should find out otherwise can end up in a lot of hotwater with social services. i know someone just had loads of hassle because they took their family back home for an extra 5 weeks during term time and the kids missed school.
    Yea I spoke to them just now, they told me that kids are not authorised to go on holiday not even for one day !! I was like since when?? Cuz two years ago they gave him 2 weeks early to leave school, so this new rule is since April last year
    Also she said that if a child goes on holiday without school consent they send a letter home after 10 days asking parent to bring child back into school or he/she loses the place in that school. But technically that means every child can have 10 days lol which contradcits what I was told :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    I think sometimes you can learn more from travelling, interacting with different people and having to deal with different situations that arise on the spot......life skills

Hmmm the schools only give 2 weeks authorised leave. Make you sure check properly, and dont get yourself fined but each local authority is different.

Nonetheless it will be a nice time out for you as well Insha'allah Hope all is well.
    I'm thinking about it... My husband votes no, I vote I dunno, mum votes yes, son votes yes, school votes no...

Quote Originally Posted by i.badat View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if you sent him some time in the school holidays, seen as they are not far from us now?

Whilst travelling is beneficial, if it means that your son starts to lag behind in the curriculum, it is very hard to catch up again, and this will place him at a disadvantage in the later years..

Something to think about....
    True, but mums going beginning of July she already booked and no I don't want him to be behind with work so maybe I shouldn't send him.

Subhan'Allah. He is fine, Insha'Allah.
    Yeah he just had upset stomache

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Thats a long time. Do it, no don't, do it, no don't, I hope that was helpful.
    No that was very confusing !!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    What happend?? hope it wasn't the lunch you gave him, shame.
    Errr no I didn't give him lunch, he had it in school, he said he didn't like the cake, I think it was carrot cake lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hafsah View Post
    could your mum change her hol dates so it coincides with school holidays? or so he only has to take minimal time off?

also discuss it with the school and see what their policy is
    Mums already booked
    It is occupied-palestine

Yea this is why I'm indecisive !!

Yea I spoke to them just now, they told me that kids are not authorised to go on holiday not even for one day !! I was like since when?? Cuz two years ago they gave him 2 weeks early to leave school, so this new rule is since April last year
    Also she said that if a child goes on holiday without school consent they send a letter home after 10 days asking parent to bring child back into school or he/she loses the place in that school. But technically that means every child can have 10 days lol which contradcits what I was told :/

I'm thinking about it... My husband votes no, I vote I dunno, mum votes yes, son votes yes, school votes no...

True, but mums going beginning of July she already booked and no I don't want him to be behind with work so maybe I shouldn't send him.

Yeah he just had upset stomache

No that was very confusing !!

Errr no I didn't give him lunch, he had it in school, he said he didn't like the cake, I think it was carrot cake lol

Mums already booked
    draw a lot, flip a coin.

Go for it. He will learn more from 3 weeks of travelling than he will from 3 weeks of school. However, it might be better to send him when he is a little older, say around 11 or 12. He'll learn more then and return more mature as well.

I don't think he should leave school for 3 weeks, thats quite a long time. Especially now since you asked the school and they said no, best to keep him in school I think. If its possible for your mum to delay her travel dates a bit would be good, you can change the dates of the ticket but they might charge a small fee. Would be good for your son to go with his grandmother, I'm sure he'd have a great time. Its a shame if he's not able to though.
    "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D' wad-Daw Fasl 49]

I vote Yes. Give the young man a break, man!

Honestly, though, 3 weeks isn't something he's gonna regret for the rest of his life, esp. since he's only in school, not higher education. Let him go!
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by PearlOfIslam View Post
    I don't think he should leave school for 3 weeks, thats quite a long time. Especially now since you asked the school and they said no, best to keep him in school I think. If its possible for your mum to delay her travel dates a bit would be good, you can change the dates of the ticket but they might charge a small fee. Would be good for your son to go with his grandmother, I'm sure he'd have a great time. Its a shame if he's not able to though.
    Yea it is a long time, and his attendance is quite good so I'm not sure now
    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post

I vote Yes. Give the young man a break, man!

Honestly, though, 3 weeks isn't something he's gonna regret for the rest of his life, esp. since he's only in school, not higher education. Let him go!
    I would love for him to go but the only thing that concerns me now is he might lose his place in school, and I realllllllyyyyh like the school
    It is occupied-palestine

Also, I was checking the tickets, if he goes beginning if july it's around 570 if he goes end of July it's 800 :/
    It is occupied-palestine

What do you mean place? They will kick him out?
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

What do you mean place? They will kick him out?
    Yea
    It is occupied-palestine

Oh, that's very strange, then.

I'm sure if you talk to the school, they'll allow it, though.

Oh, that's very strange, then.

I'm sure if you talk to the school, they'll allow it, though.
    I'll talk to them again
    But I doubt they'll allow him but I'll try again
    It is occupied-palestine

Let him go. Less kids to worry about.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Schools are usually lenient when its the end of term, best to ask them again and if they say no, then its a no sadly. You don't want the social services etc to get involved.
    "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D' wad-Daw Fasl 49]

Quote Originally Posted by Islam.07 View Post
    Let him go. Less kids to worry about.
    Thats evil !!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlOfIslam View Post
    Schools are usually lenient when its the end of term, best to ask them again and if they say no, then its a no sadly. You don't want the social services etc to get involved.
    I feel like going for it now
    It is occupied-palestine

Actually let him stay, I won't have no-one to play FIFA with then

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

He's not going, school won't allow 3 weeks early
    It is occupied-palestine

Booooo!

He needs a new school!