Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    شهيد إن شاء الله

marriage is great

as salamu alaykum.

brothers and sisters, marriage is great.

nuff said.

to be clear, im talking in general, i know some people have some serious marriage issues, like abusive spouses and whatnot.

but im just talking in general. marriage is a blessing from Allah.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Re: marriage is great

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    or just say talaq and drop u off at ur walis place with all ur stuff.
    lol good luck to him with that, you see he lives in saudi and my wali is in america hahaha either way hes stuck with me.

شهيد إن شاء الله

Quote Originally Posted by *Aisha View Post
    lol good luck to him with that, you see he lives in saudi and my wali is in america hahaha either way hes stuck with me.
    riiiggght ok lol.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

When I get married, and after about 10 years, I am gonna get back to you here , about the marriage

Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Odan

I would love to be one of those couples like that who've been married 50+ years like my grandparents. My parents are almost half way there. I hope I can be like my mom, b/c she has the most sabr I have seen anyone have. She must have learned from my grandmother who was the same way. They just believe in being loyal no matter what. My grandfather wouls send bak any of his daughters or nieces back to their husband's house if they came to him to omplain. Divorce was pretty much nonexistent back then. It was out of the question.
    Last edited by muslimahc; 28-04-12 at 08:40 PM.

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَم safzis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geeksupremo View Post
    The negatives? Erm... the rest of the marriage thread perhaps? There's one in the anon section just came up recently.
    ahh i read that.. i want to see londongals sis post abt the negatives of marriagee lol
    "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Marriage is Great ??????????????? How so?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

It's a Sunnah, so that automatically makes it great.

No haters, please!
    It completes Half the Deen, it cannot be Anything other than Great ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Quote Originally Posted by peace keeper View Post
    Marriage is Great ??????????????? How so?
    Completes half 50% of your Deen.

nuff said,

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

Alhamdulillah.

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts. Undoubtedly in these are signs for those who reflect."

Wallahi, this is a mercy, too!

May Allah bless us all with righteous spouses.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

I ONLY love marriage because it's a sunnah, because it was practiced by Nabi
    To be honest I can't see any of the other benefits mentioned about it. It may be my own human weakness or merely a test from Allah. May Allah Swt Guide me. Ameen.

Can someone be kind enough to provide specific proof in regards to marriage "completing your Imaan." ?

I have basic knowledge of Islam and this whole concept was unheard of till i joined this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    I know, loooove this nasheed!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    To be honest I can't see any of the other benefits mentioned about it. It may be my own human weakness or merely a test from Allah. May Allah Swt Guide me. Ameen.
    Ameen!!

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[2] Ibid. pg. 46

Okay guys, whe came to conclusio that marriage is great So who's next to get married here? Let's make beautiful wishes, congratulate and make dua for those who wish to get married but they can't at the moment.

Btw. a question for the moderators - can I post some smileys here so you can add them, there are so few smileys available here (no offense), and I like them

Kids.

Quote Originally Posted by guljan View Post
    Can someone be kind enough to provide specific proof in regards to marriage "completing your Imaan." ?

I have basic knowledge of Islam and this whole concept was unheard of till i joined this forum.
    It's not Imaan. It's half your deen. As far as I know, marriage protects one from major sin like zinah, so that's why it's half of deen.

Wallahu Alam.

Its a great blessing of ALLAH and sunnah of our Prophet peace be upon him

what a Message,

Ameen

شهيد إن شاء الله

my marriage landed me in jail under accusations of terrorism.

and i still say it was worth it.

sponsor an orphan

sister

There is a lot and lot of benefits of marriage. I am kind of surprised to hear anyone say this.

Someone to buy you mint magnum at stupid hours just cos you really really want one
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    my marriage landed me in jail under accusations of terrorism.

and i still say it was worth it.
    Alhumdulillah

[2] Ibid. pg. 46