Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Age gaps between siblings

Asalamo alekum

I was TTC for a short while and as I mentioned on my other thread I found out last week I am pregnant alhamdulillah. I was shocked initially as I never really expected it to happen. Anyway, I am asking of age gaps between your children or yourself with your siblings.

Anyone with age gaps of 10 or more or even 15,16,17,18 years? My children are happy about the pregnancy, my eldest sometimes goes a bit funny. He told me earlier that when this one on the way is 18 he will be 36 lol, I told him yes and you will probabley have a family of your own so don't worry, he was reassured then that yes it's ok it's no big deal.

How were you with the age gap with your siblings? Did it matter to you?

Re: Age gaps between siblings

walaykoum wasalam

congrats. it can be reasonable if u have 10+ years gap between each child cos they can become handy n help u out. also u can put more focus on one child, rather than dealing with several at the same time - but varies with different people. my sibling and i got a massive age gap which affected both of us cos we never really had the chance to build a relationship

Anyone else?
    My SIL and youngest BIL have a large age gap , about 17-18 years, although my sil was married young and never really saw him grow up I see they do have a good relationship and have good times and laugh alot together.
    I am only beginning to notice these thngs since I will have an age gap between mine.

Wa Alaykumussalaam wa Rahmatullah,

I know of siblings with an age gap of 25+ years, MashaAllah.

These things don't really matter after some time. Once the youngest is of a certain age, the gap doesn't become so evident. It's actually quite cute, MashaAllah.

There and back again... Safiyyah89's Avatar

My siblings and I have a huge age gap.

I've got 4 siblings and they are 1-2 years apart, however my brother and I have a 8 year gap so they're all much older than me.

I dont mind it that much though, I did when I was a kid because I didnt have any siblings to "grow" up with but now its awesome! 4 siblings to spoil me ^_^
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

I'm 9 years younger than my sister, yet I'm the closest to her age (all the rest are younger). Though it didnt really affect me, as I have the others (1 year and 3 years younger), it did affect my older sis quite a lot. She says she was lonely, and always felt like a babysitter. We're closer now though alhamdulillah.

I have a half brother and sister who are about 40 years older than me (i think), they live in another country and we were never close since I grew up without them.

Odan

I have 2 sisters. One is 6 years old and the other is 4 years younger. And im in the middle
    Sisters, please do not PM or rep me

Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that - then those are the defiantly disobedient. [24:55]

Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth. [14:27]

"Seek help through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah . He causes to inherit it whom He wills of His servants. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous." [7:128]

(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs. [22:41]

Narrated Ibn Umar (RA) that the Prophet said, "My livelihood is under the shade of my spear, and he who disobeys my orders will be humiliated."[Sahih Bukhari]

...اللهم أحفظ لنا قلوبنا whisperofimaan's Avatar

I have 8 other siblings, and an age gap of 15 years between myself and my youngest sister and 10 with my youngest brother. Nothing to worry about sis, we don't even notice it
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

My Mom gave birth to 9 kidds ,, my oldest brother is 29 years old and my youngest brother is 7 years old ,,, not a really a problem in our house hold ,, we have mix of mature adults ,to earliy 20's young adults,, to hyper teenagers then the lil one.

we big family and usually full of adults drama along side with kidds tantrums,, walahii is the sweetes thing ever Al7amduillaaah

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Sounds fun. lol.

Nowadays, people have 2-3 kids quickly, then stop.

How old do women get married in your culture, though?
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Sounds fun. lol.

Nowadays, people have 2-3 kids quickly, then stop.

How old do women get married in your culture, though?
    my mum was 22 when she got married to my dad ,and my dad was 40 years ,,i know biiig gap,, lakiin al7amdulliah their marrige is going strong as ever

i really dont know ,, to be honest am not the best person to ask about the somali cuture or how things are done back home ,, but from what i have seen in the westwomen can marry at any age they want ,, there is no pressure from the family or society.

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Almost 20 year gap!

May Allah keep them together and happy.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Almost 20 year gap!

May Allah keep them together and happy.
    Amiiiiiin brother ,, barakaa Allahu fiik

I suppose it is different in all households, mostly though it seems to be ok with everyone and no one is traumatised for the rest of their lives due to this lol

I know people from my mums generation would quite happily have children pnce they have grown up children too, in my generation I havn't really seen anyone doing this but hear of it happeneping but not actually met anyone with this situation.
    I worry thatcthis child might feel like an only child as the other 3 have kind of grown up together lthough I do now see a divide with mepy 18 and 10 year old as they share different interests so don't really play together but he does love her alot mashAllah.

This child to come will also have cousins, actually one that will only be 9 months older than him/her so I suppose it isn't the end of the world. You juat never know what is around the corner for you, I never would have thought I of all people would be in this predicament again ever!

I am happy to read you all have good relationships with your sibblings may Allah bless you all.