Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Post Dubai to jeddah by road

Hi
    I am a british resident planning to do ramadan in makkah/medina inshaallah.
    I am going to get my visa from the uk and then travel to dubai where i will stay for a few days. I am planning to go from dubai to jeddah by road and then on to makkah where i will stay for ramadan.

Is this possible or will i not be able to travel from dubai to jeddah due to visa restrictions?
    Is there anything I should be aware of?

Thanks

Odan
    Salaams

Tricky route this. You'll have a Umrah visa in your passport. In whose car will you be entering Saudi? Is it a hire car or one belonging to a friend? If former than very tricky cos of taking car international. If latter then your friend should have the correct paperwork.

Another bone of contention is the fact that sometimes Saudis get a bit awkward regarding entry points for Hajj and Umrah visa holders. They may insist that you can only enter through Jeddah, the main gateway into Makkah.

Best to check with a local Saudi embassy for clarification on the above points. Good luck

Re: Dubai to jeddah by road

ASA. If I am not mistaken, I beleive that an Umrah visa requires Jeddah or Madinah to be the port of entry. I do not think that they will allow you to enter Saudi Arabia by car. Please check with your travel agent and/or the Saudi embassy. Hope that helps.

Re: Dubai to jeddah by road

Masha allah brother you should spend your ramadan in makkah and madina, you contact Saudi embassy and conform you journey planning, and if you have dubai to saudia trevel problem you should Contact Al Emad Rent a Car , i share link with you. (Fi aman allah)